• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 24, 2017, 03:20:23 AM
Any reason why anybody should care?

Why, yes there is!  What we don't care about is your opinion on the matter.

Taaroa

Jiang Zemin is apparently still alive (the one on the right).

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 24, 2017, 05:09:24 AM
Why, yes there is!  What we don't care about is your opinion on the matter.

And what reason is that?

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 24, 2017, 05:22:35 AM
And what reason is that?

I'll let you have three chances to guess.  Beyond that, you're on your own. ;)

Kidnostad3

With all the anti Trump clamor going on we are getting a good look at the caliber of people who get elected to Congress and remain there for decades.  These unintelligent, unprincipled parasites would be better advised to lay in the weeds and not draw attention to their idiocy.  Drain the Swamp!

Quote from: Taaroa on October 24, 2017, 05:16:21 AM

Jiang Zemin is apparently still alive (the one on the right).

Wonder if Xi still has Jiang's son under house arrest?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on October 24, 2017, 06:21:26 AM
Wonder if Xi still has Jiang's son under house arrest?
Number One Son Mianheng: "Pop! They got me under house arrest! Get me out!"
Jiang: "Father who depends on son is happy or foolish according to son." "Honorable grandmother always say, "Do not think of future - it come too soon." "

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on October 24, 2017, 11:22:18 AM
Number One Son Mianheng: "Pop! They got me under house arrest! Get me out!"
Jiang: "Father who depends on son is happy or foolish according to son." "Honorable grandmother always say, "Do not think of future - it come too soon." "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPVfLmkRFKI

albrecht

BREAKING: Jane Doe had her #abortion this morning. #JusticeForJane

â€" ACLU of DC (@ACLU_DC) October 25, 2017

While I think, regardless of one's position, it is in poor taste to celebrate an abortion this one had a weird political edge to it. On the one hand you have the Democrats demanding the tax-payers pay for the underage illegal's baby -that would be her anchor baby- to be killed. On the other, you have Texas, and the administration, -mainly Republican- wanting to save the anchor baby, which would also allow this illegal to remain in the country. In any regard hopefully this illegal will be deported forthwith. I guess the only people on this case who are consistent would , I guess, be organizations like the Catholics and some mainline Protestant churches who support illegals but against abortion. Also of note the Democrats, in demanding the abortion, lost a potential future voter.

GravitySucks

If Facebook existed before WW II

Taaroa

Quote from: Taaroa on July 27, 2017, 01:55:52 AM
There's been a bit of a political show in Australia for the past few weeks with resignations and accusations over a part of the constitution which requires federal parliament members to only have Australian citizenship. It started when someone finally noticed that a Greens senator had NZ citizenship 9 years after he became a senator, and he resigned. 4 days later another Greens senator (who received media attention because she breastfed in parliament earlier this year) resigned after 6 years in office when it came out that she had Canadian citizenship.

After these resignations politicians have been scrambling to provide proof that they only hold Australia citizenship, while accusing their political enemies of breaking the law themselves (particularly directed against former Prime Minister Tony Abbott who was born in the UK).
Now a Liberal National Party senator has resigned his position as minister for resources but not from his role as senator after it has come out that he has Italian citizenship, and is taking his situation up with the courts.

Of course none of these politicians are going to even offer to pay back the years of public funded salaries (the base salary of a senator is $160,000 USD per year) which they were never eligible to receive in the first place.

Meanwhile you've got commentators (mainly on the left) who are whining about how unfair the law is and that it doesn't suit such a "progressive and multicultural country" like Australia. ::)  Good thing the only way it can be changed is with a referendum, which are notoriously hard to have succeed.

So finally the drama that I mentioned in the above post has come to a head.
The High Court of Australia today ruled on 7 cases where it was alleged that people who were dual citizens had become members of parliament illegally:

-the deputy Prime Minister and leader of the Nationals Party was found to be a NZ citizen by descent, and his seat is now going to a by-election which he is contesting.
-the deputy leader of the Nationals Party was found to be a UK citizen and disqualified.
-another senator for the current party in power was not disqualified because Italian citizenship law is complex and one may be a dual citizen without knowing about it.
-two Greens senators were found to have been ineligible, and they both resigned. How either of them were not aware that they were dual citizens when both were born overseas is baffling. Both of their seats are going to recounts.
-a senator in the One Nation (anti immigration and multiculturalism party) was found to have been a UK citizen, and was disqualified. His seat is going to a recount.
-and finally Nick Xenophon - a man so egotistical that he named his political party the "Nick Xenophon Team" - was found eligible but he had already resigned so it was a moot point. You might actually know who he is, since his pursuit of media attention is often international in scope:

All of this means that the current government (for the moment at least) has lost it's one seat majority, the deputy prime minister, and a leader and deputy leader of their coalition government. Meanwhile the "third party" parties are holding all the power, and due to the way their disqualified members are being replaced means that their seats won't change.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/citizenship-seven-turnbulls-challenges-after-high-court-blow/9089944
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/how-did-the-high-court-rule-on-each-of-the-citizenship-cases/9094676

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on October 27, 2017, 04:11:12 AM
So finally the drama that I mentioned in the above post has come to a head.
The High Court of Australia today ruled on 7 cases where it was alleged that people who were dual citizens had become members of parliament illegally:

-the deputy Prime Minister and leader of the Nationals Party was found to be a NZ citizen by descent, and his seat is now going to a by-election which he is contesting.
-the deputy leader of the Nationals Party was found to be a UK citizen and disqualified.
-another senator for the current party in power was not disqualified because Italian citizenship law is complex and one may be a dual citizen without knowing about it.
-two Greens senators were found to have been ineligible, and they both resigned. How either of them were not aware that they were dual citizens when both were born overseas is baffling. Both of their seats are going to recounts.
-a senator in the One Nation (anti immigration and multiculturalism party) was found to have been a UK citizen, and was disqualified. His seat is going to a recount.
-and finally Nick Xenophon - a man so egotistical that he named his political party the "Nick Xenophon Team" - was found eligible but he had already resigned so it was a moot point. You might actually know who he is, since his pursuit of media attention is often international in scope:

All of this means that the current government (for the moment at least) has lost it's one seat majority, the deputy prime minister, and a leader and deputy leader of their coalition government. Meanwhile the "third party" parties are holding all the power, and due to the way their disqualified members are being replaced means that their seats won't change.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/citizenship-seven-turnbulls-challenges-after-high-court-blow/9089944
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/how-did-the-high-court-rule-on-each-of-the-citizenship-cases/9094676
And I thought I lived in "interesting times" with an open border, Trump, gender by choice, and constant wars!

Taaroa

Quote from: albrecht on October 27, 2017, 10:26:37 PM
And I thought I lived in "interesting times" with an open border, Trump, gender by choice, and constant wars!

We have all that too except Trump, but with a same sex marriage plebiscite which has even seen an ex PM assaulted on the street for opposing it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The politicians who had illegally become members of parliament and have been kicked out were paid nearly $9mil AUD (~$6.9mil USD) in salaries alone during their time in office, and who knows how much they cost taxpayers in terms of staff, housing, travel, etc. Of course, it looks like they're not going to pay back their ill gotten gains.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/citizenship-five-paid-nearly-9-million-in-salaries-they-were-not-entitled-to-20171030-gzazka.html

Dr. MD MD

Michael is out sowing division again, this time between men and women. They really don't want families or even anyone getting together in unity over anything. Just obey and be led. If you want to know the Democrats vision of the future it's the movie Logan's Run. Now, run, runner!  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpvU621sZ3I

Dr. MD MD

So, I thought thew shit was supposed to hit the fan today. Wha happen?!  ???

Gd5150

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 04, 2017, 02:44:12 PM
So, I thought thew shit was supposed to hit the fan today. Wha happen?!  ???

Another leftwing...

What a bad week for the lemmings. 1st Monday. Then Tuesday. Then Wednesday. Thursday was a dud. Friday was a waste. And now Saturday. Poor lemmings.

albrecht

I thought most of this information about bisexual (?) orgies, drinking, adultery was already released and fairly well-known, for those who look behind the publicity/propaganda. I wasn't aware of the "love child" though. Or Joan Baez. I wonder if that girl is suing everyone like his legitimate offspring do? He was a confirmed plagiarist also*. Of course one has to take FBI files with some grains of salt as often the sources have an agenda or hearsay or rumor. But I thought a lot of stuff was talked about when they were railroading a holiday for him through Congress?
http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article182651026.html

* http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/11/us/boston-u-panel-finds-plagiarism-by-dr-king.html