• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 15, 2017, 10:38:58 PM

...And where is the fake news media to point all this out?  Oh, right, the fake news part.
The MSM, AKA The Demokkrat Spin Machine, is too busy with their same old song.

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 28, 2016, 02:36:36 PM
Because the police and the CPS require evidence that will stand a reasonable to good chance of securing a conviction in court. Good defence lawyers get paid a lot of money by high profile, wealthy people to ensure that if the police are sniffing around for even so much as a speeding ticket, they'll get it watered down. Our police forces have been underfunded and had to cut back on staff; caused by our government. With limited resources (and now held to account for conviction numbers rather than actual severity), the police can do so much. And as has been shown here; two particularly high profile men have had lengthy investigations (though never charged with any offence), culminating in the police not finding any evidence to charge. One, Paul Gambaccini (radio DJ), was suspended from his job, arrested and bailed. He was unable to comment, and a year later the police dropped all investigation when the 'victim' had been shown to have made it all up. Several like it.

It's fun to go back to a year ago and examine just who was working to derail the threads.

Lt.Uhura

Everything else is a distraction.

The Trumpâ€"Russia story is a story about money laundering in real estate. Full stop.

...A new report from watchdog group Global Witness says that a Colombian money launderer currently in U.S. custody participated in the advance sale of units in a Panama development bearing the president’s name: The Trump Ocean Club. Trump has made $13.9 million from the Ocean Club in the last three years alone, according to NBC’s own reporting on the matter...

The pipeline that people in Trump’s circle have connected to oligarchs and autocrats flows with billions of dollars coming into the United States on a raft of real estate deals. 
So word that Trump didn’t just clear hundreds of millions from Russian mobsters ...
The money to build these projects flowed almost entirely from Russian sources. In other words, after his business crashed, Trump was floated and made to appear to operate a successful business enterprise through the infusion of hundreds in millions of cash from dark Russian sources...

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/1716456

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2017, 01:47:33 PM

The Trumpâ€"Russia story is a story about money laundering in real estate. Full stop.

...A new report from watchdog group Global Witness says that a Colombian money launderer currently in U.S. custody participated in the advance sale of units in a Panama development bearing the president’s name: The Trump Ocean Club. Trump has made $13.9 million from the Ocean Club in the last three years alone, according to NBC’s own reporting on the matter...

The pipeline that people in Trump’s circle have connected to oligarchs and autocrats flows with billions of dollars coming into the United States on a raft of real estate deals.
So word that Trump didn’t just clear hundreds of millions from Russian mobsters ...
The money to build these projects flowed almost entirely from Russian sources. In other words, after his business crashed, Trump was floated and made to appear to operate a successful business enterprise through the infusion of hundreds in millions of cash from dark Russian sources...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2017, 01:49:56 PM
Ivanka's next book...

I heard he had prostitutes pee all over the Obama bed.  :D

Jackstar

Where was all this hard-hitting full-stop journalism, when it was the Clinton Foundation and Haiti? Enquiring minds want to know.

Swishypants

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2017, 01:49:56 PM
Ivanka's next book...

I want to talk to you about "prison!" It's called my bedroom you Big Black Titty Monstah'! Swing LOW honey! I run DEEP!

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2017, 01:47:33 PM

The pipeline that people in Trump’s circle have connected to oligarchs and autocrats flows with billions of dollars coming into the United States on a raft of real estate deals.

Oh gee, the Daily Stalinist.  There's an honest broker.  Ever heard the story about the boy who called 'Wolf'?

I think we're going to need specific transactions, from specific ''Russian mobsters'', with proof Trump personally know they were mobsters, what crimes they committed, and what Trump's crime is.  It wouldn't hurt if the messenger was other than a Left-wing hate group with an internet site.

Look at all the holes in this, and just using their own words (assuming you quoted them correctly, I'm not going to bother going there to look at it):

''Global Witness''.  Left wing hack group
''Money launderer in US custody''.  So no incentive for him to lie, right?
''Sale of advance units for $13 million''.  If true, so what?
''People in Trump's circle''.  What does that mean?  Anyone who's ever shook hands with him?  Who's ever been involved in a deal with him anytime in the past 40 years?
''Trump... Russian mobsters''.  Evidence?  Of Trump's involvement, that they are mobsters, that Trump knew they were mobsters.  Or is this just some exposive charge that can't be DIS-proven?
''Billions of dollars''.  And all involvingTrump?
''Money flowed almost entirely from Russian sources...''.  Evidence?
''... which could only mean from ''dark Russian'' sources''.  Really?  That's the only possible source of Russian investment?

Are you so naive as to take something this transparent for fact?  You can't tell comments carefully worded to guide the reader into forming the conclusions the writer wishes without actually stating them, from factual statements?  You can't tell when dishonest speculation is presented as conclusions drawn from facts?

Lt.Uhura

Exclusive: How an alleged fraudster in Panama, working with Donald Trump's daughter, helped make Trump's first international hotel venture a success. The broker was in business with a money-launderer and two criminals from the former Soviet Union. Then he fled.

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-trump-panama/

Jackstar

Where was all this concern about "money laundering" when it was Wells Fargo and JP Morgan and Bank of America funneling cartel drug money?

GFY

Swishypants

Quote from: Jackstar on November 17, 2017, 11:41:31 PM
Where was all this concern about "money laundering" when it was Wells Fargo and JP Morgan and Bank of America funneling cartel drug money?

GFY

There has not been and won't be any substantiated evidence in anything the Dems try to do to Trump. They make shit up, run it the main stream papers that nobody reads and on the networks nobody watches and it goes away. Then they do it again, nobody cares, and it's just them jerking themselves off.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2017, 11:18:06 PM
Exclusive: How an alleged fraudster in Panama, working with Donald Trump's daughter, helped make Trump's first international hotel venture a success. The broker was in business with a money-launderer and two criminals from the former Soviet Union. Then he fled.

Ok, I'll bite.  Let's read the key portions of the article together.  I've shown them in italics.  The rest of it appears to be beyond the reach or involvement of Donald Trump.

''Donald Trump’s involvement in the Ocean Club began in 2005, when local developer Roger Khafif travelled to Trump Tower in New York to pitch the idea of a Trump project in Panama. Khafif said he told the American tycoon that Trump would need only to license his name and provide hotel management. This way of doing business freed Trump from the burden of taking a stake or making a personal guarantee.

In an interview with Reuters, Khafif recalled that Trump wanted to use the Panama project as a “baby” for his daughter Ivanka, who had just joined the Trump Organization, to gain experience in the property business.''

And:

''the Trump Organization’s role in the project “was at all times limited to licensing its brand and providing management services. As the company was not the owner or developer, it had no involvement in the sale of any units at the property.” ''

So here we have Trump licensing his name (similiar to a franchise), and providing hotel mamagement services.  No ownership.  Not involved in sales, financing purchases, anything.  Just operating the renting out of the units for the owners, restaurant services, etc.

''... some legal experts say the episode raises questions about the steps Trump took to check the source of any income from there. Arthur Middlemiss, a former assistant district attorney in Manhattan and a former head of JPMorgan’s global anti-corruption program, said that since Panama was “perceived to be highly corrupt,” anyone engaged in business there should conduct due diligence on others involved in their ventures. If they did not, he said, there was a potential risk in U.S. law of being liable for turning a blind eye to wrongdoing.

Jimmy Gurule, a professor of law at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana, and a former under-secretary for enforcement at the U.S. Treasury Department, agreed. He also said any businessman should avoid working with “anyone with a potential link to criminality” simply as a matter of good ethics.''

Here we find that the reporters were able to find some people who should know applicable law, and ethics issues.  ''Should'' conduct due diligence on others involved...'' is not the same as ''required to conduct''.  And again, Trump was providing hotel mamagement services, not running the project.  I doubt there was even any legal obligation for the owner to provide the names of the people purchasing units to Trump.  As far as ethics and poking into every aspect from purchasing the land, to desiging the facility, to getting building permits, to financing construction, to construction, to marketing the units, to selling them - this was Ivanka's project, and she was anything but a seasoned businesswoman.  There is no real reason for either Trump to get involved with any of that.

There are a zillion things to do in any major deal.  There is an endless amount of red tape.  When things don't apply, people move on to the next issue.  In hind site should Trump have looked into the people buying units?  Possibly.  Are there any crimes on Trump's activities here?  Sure doesn't look like it.  Any ethics violations?  I personally think this falls well short of an ethics violation.  These money laundering rules apply to banks and financial institutions, and are US laws, not Panamanian laws.  But again, he wasn't selling the units, and while a portion of the funds ultimately paid for the fee for the use of his name, he wasn't involved.

The rest of this is more insinuations and trying to tie Trump to people he had no involvement with.

If this is all there is, after a year of looking into every deal he's done for 50 years, he's amazingly clean. 

Now, when are these breathless reporters going to look into Hilary's bribery laundering ''foundation''?  Or is this another issue like the harassment charges where it only matters when the Republicans are charged, but not the Democrats?

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2017, 11:18:06 PM

Pretty clear you have zero experience in the business world, as far as operations and how things work. 

I would say the same of these reporters, except their goal is to ''get'' Trump - given their reference to the same Soros hack front group as Daily Kos (Global Witness) - not write something that's accurate or fair, so it's more difficult to speculate on their background in the business world. 

Guess what?  People at corporate HQ are busy.  They don't have time to get into a bunch of details that don't concern them.  All sorts of regulations on everything under the sun constantly flowing in from various agencies and regulators don't make things easier.  Money laundering?  Seriously?  On a deal where he's got the service contract, and agreed to franchise his name?  Really?  That's some real weak-ass shit.  I'd love to see the Ds run on that in 2020.

But let's ignore Obama and Hilary Clinton's actual, real, felonies that affected the people of this country? 

You should find a different hobby.

Gd5150

Looks like pudophile showed uhura how to cut and paste from their favorite leftwing spoon feeding “news” sites.

Well one things for sure, it confirms there’s still zero evidence of trump campaign/Russian collusion to rig the election. Mueller is doing a great job! Only thing left is for dan rather to get caught forging evidence for more fake left wing news.

Gd5150

Quote from: Jackstar on November 17, 2017, 10:35:42 AM

It's fun to go back to a year ago and examine just who was working to derail the threads.

I’m sure there’s a plethora of hilarious posts from our favorite leftwing bellgab morons going on and on in October of 2016 about how a us election could never be rigged, and it will be legitimate, and the loser needs to accept the results etc...

Lt.Uhura

Dear Deplorable PB,
Although his supporters are fewer every day, I find it odd that working stiffs and poor folks continue to adamantly defend the shady buisness practices of "billionaire" Trump and his cronies. I've known fairly well-off people who were humiliated and humbled by just one bankruptcy, and struggled for years to get back to square one. But we're expected to believe Trump is legal and above board after eight bankruptcies?

As I head off to work more 12 hour shifts in a fragile healthcare system made worse by a clueless idiot of a president and his bumbling, dysfunctional GOP counterparts, I dont have the time, energy or desire to debate your defense of Trump. I have faith that our judicial system--funded by taxpayers like you and me, will eventually reveal, try, and punish criminal money-launderers and tax-evaders. The investigations are ongoing.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 18, 2017, 01:22:41 AM
Dear Deplorable PB,
Although his supporters are fewer every day, I find it odd that working stiffs and poor folks continue to adamantly defend the shady buisness practices of "billionaire" Trump and his cronies. I've known fairly well-off people who were humiliated and humbled by just one bankruptcy, and struggled for years to get back to square one. But we're expected to believe Trump is legal and above board after eight bankruptcies?

As I head off to work more 12 hour shifts in a fragile healthcare system made worse by a clueless idiot of a president and his bumbling, dysfunctional GOP counterparts, I dont have the time, energy or desire to debate your defense of Trump. I have faith that our judicial system--funded by taxpayers like you and me, will eventually reveal, try, and punish criminal money-launderers and tax-evaders. The investigations are ongoing.

You're hilarious! It's because of gaslighting shills like you that he's the president now. Keep it up! We're going to need a second term to finish draining the swamp.  ;D

Dear Deplorable PB,

Have a cousin who is a nurse as well.  We are close and she voted Trump. She's been working 12 hour shifts for years, long before Trump.  You might want to blame the Democrats and Obama for making a fragile system worse in 2008.  We wouldn't have had to fiddle with it if they didn't fuck it up in the first place.  Granted, deductibles were high before then but they went through the roof after Obamacare was passed. 

As for the stuff about money-laundering, that is just more speculation and wishful thinking from the media hoping something will bring down Trump.  Get back with me when there is a better alternative to that man.  I sure as hell don't believe the Dem's can fix anything and I'm beginning to feel the same way about the Republicans.

Dear Deplorable PB,
Although his supporters are fewer every day, I find it odd that working stiffs and poor folks continue to adamantly defend the shady buisness practices of "billionaire" Trump and his cronies. I've known fairly well-off people who were humiliated and humbled by just one bankruptcy, and struggled for years to get back to square one. But we're expected to believe Trump is legal and above board after eight bankruptcies?...

I really couldn't say.  I tried to avoid Trump all those decades in the public eye before he became president, the same way I avoid the Hollywood idiots now.  What I can tell you is people with multiple business ventures are on a different plane than anything you're familiar with.  Obviously.  First off personal bankruptsy and business bankruptsy are not comparable.  Apples and oranges.  For another, people who start various businesses try numerous ideas, each under a different business name, each as a separate legal entity, and not all of them work out.  Dealing with the corrupt New York city government officials, and corrpt New York unions, I'm not going to worry too much about his bankruptcies.  They don't have a thing to do with being president. 

If you have something A LOT better than your typical drivel regarding the bankruptcies, with specifics regarding how they relate to his character I'll be happy to read it, but simply telling me he had eight bankruptcies in his businesses over the years is an out of context factoid.

So here we are - again - with insinuations, and no evidence of anything

... As I head off to work more 12 hour shifts in a fragile healthcare system made worse by a clueless idiot of a president and his bumbling, dysfunctional GOP counterparts...

What are you talking about?  The three attempts to repeal ObamaCare failed.  Andyou weren't for any of them.  We're still stuck with the intentional failure of ObabaCare.  What exactly do you think it is that Trump and the Rs have done to make that shitpile worse? 

Their only failing is to not repeal ObamaCare.  Yet you seem to believe that was a brilliant bill.  Shouldn't you be ecstatic it's still in place and falling apart, right on cue? 

... I dont have the time, energy or desire to debate your defense of Trump...

Not only that, you can't

... I have faith that our judicial system--funded by taxpayers like you and me, will eventually reveal, try, and punish criminal money-launderers and tax-evaders. The investigations are ongoing.

Now that I get.  For you a system where criminals like Berock Obama and Hilary Clinton walk free due mostly to a pretend media covering for them and intimidating any potential prosecution, while at the same time hounding Trump with phony charges for a year would seem just marvelous. 

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 18, 2017, 01:44:36 AM
...  I sure as hell don't believe the Dem's can fix anything and I'm beginning to feel the same way about the Republicans.

Yes, that's why the Tea Party was formed, and why Trump latched onto Tea Party themes and ran on them.

Kidnostad3

Dear Deplorable PB,

Guess what.  At 25, my granddaughter is a shift supervisor on the cardiac intensive care ward of the largest hospital in a major city.  She’s been working twelve hour shifts since she graduated from nursing school at 21.  In 18 months, she plans to begin her training to be a nurse anesthetist.  Twelve hour shifts are standard in your profession and you know it.  Stop playing the martyr.  No one wants to hear you bitch about a life choice you made.  If you can’t do that then retire.  Both you and the hospital will be better off for it.

Jackstar

I've known fairly well-off people who were humiliated and humbled by just one bankruptcy, and struggled for years to get back to square one. But we're expected to believe Trump is legal and above board after eight bankruptcies?

When did gaming the system become illegal? You have to understand--most people admire him for this.

The United States Corporation is already bankrupt. What better man is available to captain the ship through these rapids? Go on, name them. Do it.

legal and above board

How can you possibly even give a shit about this standard anyway? Where was this standard when you were shilling for Hillary, you numb prick?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on November 18, 2017, 11:46:12 AM
Guess what.  At 25, my granddaughter is a shift supervisor on the cardiac intensive care ward of the largest hospital in a major city.  She’s been working twelve hour shifts since she graduated from nursing school at 21.  In 18 months, she plans to begin her training to be a nurse anesthetist.  Twelve hour shifts are standard in your profession and you know it.  Stop playing the martyr.  No one wants to hear you bitch about a life choice you made.  If you can’t do that then retire.  Both you and the hospital will be better off for it.