• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

serenity

PBS going to be on with Nancy on Future Theatre tonite on , of course, the Dark Matter Digital Network

Canned Heat

Quote from: jazmunda on June 15, 2015, 07:47:36 PM
Thank you all for your kind comments. It was so much fun making it and listening to those old shows. Unfortunately the majority of those clips were such poor quality or had bumper music over the background. Thanks to eddie dean for cleaning up one of the files for me.

As to Ross Mitchell. That was a gift from Art. Thanks Art.
No, thank you!  There's nothing like a good trailer.  You are one hell of an Art Bell fan!!! 👈🏽👏🏽👍🏽

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 15, 2015, 06:51:27 PM
This is truly beautiful Jaz The Munda.   8)

I agree 100%. Excellent Video. Wish I had that kind of talent. Jaz, just awesome.

akwilly

wow Jaz you have some great talent thank you for doing all these great videos.

coaster

ge30542

Mass consciousness exercise: lets all concentrate on Steven Stamkos putting one in.

Fantastic video Jaz! Can't wait to see what you do with the next one.

akwilly

Quote from: ge30542 on June 15, 2015, 08:02:48 PM
Mass consciousness exercise: lets all concentrate on Steven Stamkos putting one in.
Oh man I want a game 7 so bad.

serenity

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on June 15, 2015, 08:04:42 PM
Fantastic video Jaz! Can't wait to see what you do with the next one.

So Jazz did you send a resume' to industrial light and magic yet?

akwilly

Art if blackhawks win it will be a struggle to send you money by the time you start you're new show, so please stop what you're doing and use whatever black majic you might have learned over the years or time travel so that tampa wins the dang game.

Canned Heat

Midnight Desert

Under the covers pillows just right
So relaxed but table top radio is held tight
Cranked her good for emergency light and cool shadows
Kitty sprawled against the length of my thigh
Almost midnight if you're not desert high
Turning the knob all the way left all the way right
Recreating that Awesome 90's night
Was it that long ago my life changed
Oh my
Waiting   just   like   this
For July

Good night all..

Art Bell

Ok I have a question for the group, of course we will begin with a live stream as promised BUT if it gets to big to fast we will be faced with a impossible situation perhaps very quickly, I refer to our music which I must have. There are two possible solutions both are tough. If we get past a point where about 70,000 are listening live and not enough people choose to order the Podcast we can either limit Bandwidth which will piss people off or start charging everybody who wants to listen five bucks a Month unless we do one of those things we will go broke pretty quickly. Opinions please???

Could be a moot point if we start small, nobody knows.

Art

Dateline

WoooooWWWW!  The new trailer is spectacular! ;D

bateman

Quote from: Art Bell on June 15, 2015, 08:36:49 PM
Ok I have a question for the group, of course we will begin with a live stream as promised BUT if it gets to big to fast we will be faced with a impossible situation perhaps very quickly, I refer to our music which I must have. There are two possible solutions both are tough. If we get past a point where about 70,000 are listening live and not enough people choose to order the Podcast we can either limit Bandwidth which will piss people off or start charging everybody who wants to listen five bucks a Month unless we do one of those things we will go broke pretty quickly. Opinions please???

Art

Maybe set a cap on number of listeners at DMDN, and have the radio station streams pick up the rest?

chefist

Art

Art...I would SWOT it out with the people around you from the industry that you trust! Get a big board and put up 3x5 cards wtih Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats...

Canned Heat

Art

Art

Start with membership!  33.00 for 6 months OR 60.00 a year - simple.

IcicleTrepan

Art

What if you have a limit on the amount of listeners for live, but a way they can buy into the live stream to bypass the limit.  Say $1 per show or your $5 per month plan.  Most people would go for the $5 per month.  Or they could wait till a free slot opens up on the 70,000 free to listen slots.

Canned Heat

I'd pay double that!

Canned Heat

Quote from: Canned Heat on June 15, 2015, 08:48:15 PM
I'd pay double that!
It's a beautiful thing if you can start off in the black !!!

Canned Heat

and please sell me hot pants and pizza punch 👍🏽

Canned Heat

Listen to me Art; it's just pennies a day!

Eh, charging $5 per month entry would be a mistake when the major push behind this was it being free for live listeners but I would prefer that than to limit bandwidth. Either way, I don't think you'll need to worry about reaching 70k for a while with the numbers the DMRN is pulling each night. It's good that you're thinking ahead though.

Canned Heat

Quote from: Canned Heat on June 15, 2015, 08:52:36 PM
Listen to me Art; it's just pennies a day!
You'll be talking to lots of night owls in this country; what do night owls need? pajamas that say midnight in the desert, headbands that say midnight desert, mugs and glasses that say midnight in the desert.  Punch for that late night pizza delivery!

Canned Heat

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on June 15, 2015, 08:55:14 PM
Eh, charging $5 per month entry would be a mistake when the major push behind this was it being free for live listeners but I would prefer that than to limit bandwidth. Either way, I don't think you'll need to worry about reaching 70k for a while with the numbers the DMRN is pulling each night. It's good that you're thinking ahead though.
Seriously? 5.00? WoW

Canned Heat

You'll find a way to boot it six!

Canned Heat

Quote from: Canned Heat on June 15, 2015, 08:57:37 PM
You'll find a way to boot it six!
Shit I'm going to have to log out before I get into trouble.  you think the major push for having Art Bell back on the radio is just because "it's free" - holy shit.

Art, cmon man..  You have to at least compete with those jerk offs at coast-to-coast ! 

Quote from: Canned Heat on June 15, 2015, 08:56:45 PM
Seriously? 5.00? WoW

I'm not talking on a personal level here, it's purely about the live audience at large. He'll get my monthly fee and then some when donations roll out.

Canned Heat

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on June 15, 2015, 09:00:02 PM
I'm not talking on a personal level here. He'll get my monthly fee and then some when donations roll out.
You're right, I'm sorry it was Art's desire BUT,  wouldn't it be better to start off charging something and if you're disappointed with the results you could change it.  I don't think it's smart to start anything off in the red !

PathoJen

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on June 15, 2015, 08:55:14 PM
I tend to agree. I think a donate button, either a one time donation, or a monthly donation will likely bring more revenue than $5.00 per month per listener would. Then it's technically free to stream, as you indicated you wanted to do.

Having said that., once the audience does reach 70K, and I have no doubt it will, then consider a monthly fee. Maybe membership levels? $12.00 per month gets X, Y, Z, and $25.00 per month gets more perks. I say, at least charge what coast is charging to be an Insider when the time comes.

Canned Heat

Quote from: PathoJen on June 15, 2015, 09:05:39 PM
I tend to agree. I think a donate button, either a one time donation, or a monthly donation will likely bring more revenue than $5.00 per month per listener would. Then it's technically free to stream, as you indicated you wanted to do.

Having said that., once the audience does reach 70K, and I have no doubt it will, then consider a monthly fee. Maybe membership levels? $12.00 per month gets X, Y, Z, and $25.00 per month gets more perks. I say, at least charge what coast is charging to be an Insider when the time comes.
It's that "5.00 a month" thing that's sounds sooo cheesy.  You simply offer two choices yo or you simply pay every 6 months or once a year for a little less.  I paid those asses at C2C that way.   Art just has to have a way to send out a reminder that your credit card on file will be charged and it's a done deal.  Naturally you get the podcasts with this too- it's a win-win.