• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Queenie on February 10, 2018, 08:32:07 PM

What a great idea.  Heather and Hoagie duo.  It would work if Hoagie would allow Heather to speak.

Never gonna happen. Hoagie's ego wouldn't allow it. She could be the lead in show to his though.

crankshaft

Will RCH manage to claw his way up into the air tonight?

He's managed to pull off several consecutive shows with only a few braaps (sad :( ) and more program content than dead air. This will be a record if he pulls it off.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 10, 2018, 07:16:51 PM
Last night or the night before on Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade, Heather made a comment,  that Hoagie was talking/considering coming back to the Dark Matters Network.

Imagine ...the synergy ...
If Heather and Hoagie co-hosted a late night show!

H 2 Oh no

Well, he still hasn't posted part 2 of last week's show.  The claim is that it needs heavy editing and only one person - who is sick - can do it.  Classic Hoagie.  Damn flu doesn't last this long.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: crankshaft on February 10, 2018, 09:22:35 PM

He's managed to pull off several consecutive shows with only a few braaps (sad :( ) and more program content than dead air. This will be a record if he pulls it off.

This one can't not happen! Can it?  :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: crankshaft on February 10, 2018, 09:22:35 PM

“I don’t want to go on. “

crankshaft

I'll hold my breath as long as I can.

I've been chanting for several hours and in the past it seemed to help RCH to pull a show out of his ass hat.

Theadora

Quote from: astroguy on February 10, 2018, 04:14:49 PM
The thing is, part of me suspects Hoagie would love to be an Apollo Hoaxer.  Problem is, he absolutely canNOT be: His entire mythology relies on and REQUIRES that the Apollo missions really did go to the moon and that the landings were real.

Wrong again, kerosene breath.  Hoagland busted NASA for turning up the red tint on Mission Control monitors of live Mars feed.  Scientists deal in facts.  What is it that you do besides clean pools?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Theadora on February 10, 2018, 09:55:13 PM
Wrong again, kerosene breath.  Hoagland busted NASA for turning up the red tint on Mission Control monitors of live Mars feed.  Scientists deal in facts.  What is it that you do besides clean pools?

Do you really believe Hoagland was actually ever in the Mission Control Center?

astroguy

Quote from: Theadora on February 10, 2018, 09:55:13 PM
Prove that Richard's story - and he's the only one who talks about what you just said - really happened.  Then I might look into it.  Not only is eyewitness testimony among the worst kind of evidence, but claimed eyewitness testimony via a third party is hearsay and even worse evidence.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 10, 2018, 10:17:31 PM
Do you really believe Hoagland was actually ever in the Mission Control Center?
People can get into places. With a tour, knowing folks, before security was so crazy, as school kids, and what not? RCH might've got in but that doesn't mean crap. I've been in the WH several times, in the tunnel 'subway' between the buildings, and etc. Been all over the Vatican (not in library archives though) took pics where they said you couldn't,  also saw, couldn't get in, but got some photos of the Teutonic cemetery (technically not IN the Vatican but like an embassy*.) Doesn't mean I got access or controlling "policy" or privy to secrets!

* I want to get that kind of alloidal title to land!

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on February 10, 2018, 10:37:21 PM
People can get into places. With a tour, knowing folks, before security was so crazy, as school kids, and what not? RCH might've got in but that doesn't mean crap. I've been in the WH several times, in the tunnel 'subway' between the buildings, and etc. Been all over the Vatican (not in library archives though) took pics where they said you couldn't,  also saw, couldn't get in, but got some photos of the Teutonic cemetery (technically not IN the Vatican but like an embassy*.) Doesn't mean I got access or controlling "policy" or privy to secrets!

* I want to get that kind of alloidal title to land!

I don’t believe Hoagland has ever been to JSC. I have never heard him mention it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on February 10, 2018, 10:20:58 PM
Prove that Richard's story - and he's the only one who talks about what you just said - really happened.  Then I might look into it.  Not only is eyewitness testimony among the worst kind of evidence, but claimed eyewitness testimony via a third party is hearsay and even worse evidence.

Was this supposed to be during Viking when the screens were B&W?

Which control center was he even talking about?  The one at JSC never covered any of the excursions as far as I know unless it was just for a press conference.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 10, 2018, 10:40:55 PM
I don’t believe Hoagland has ever been to JSC. I have never heard him mention it.
I'm not defending him (though over the years he had some good shows and stuff.) Particularly the frantic stuff way back when about Antarctica  with Art n LMH (Art could reign him in, a bit) and that brief time that we call the "Dick Cavett mode. I even like after Rossy left and he talked "radio" with some old dude about SW, radio production, etc. Never bought his space stuff, though funny. I guess

Morgus

The direct URL from last weekend for the higher quality stream for OSOM live is working again right now, no need for blogtalk!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on February 10, 2018, 11:01:35 PM
The direct URL from last weekend for the higher quality stream for OSOM live is working again right now, no need for blogtalk!

Link, please :)

He made it , who won the pool?

astroguy

13 minutes in, still on a monologue, and having connection issues.

astroguy

Also, his opening monologue is basically, "Everything the guest is about to say is bullshit."  Classy, even for RCH.

astroguy

Jesús fuckachta Christo!  If you're not talking, and you're coughing, MUTE YOUR FUCKING MICROPHONE!

albrecht

Hacking cough and a denial about the moon and RCH testy. and dropped feed...but now back up.. NAZI BELL!

albrecht

NASA INSIDERS! Secret programs...and consumption coughs. Braaps!