• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 09:44:49 AM
I frequently refer to many of my reference books periodically and if I get rid of them, they are gone forever. The history books I use to refute idiots like Dougie Dietrich who make up history to suit their own ends, the tech books are there so I don't have to search all over for something and so on.
As I have said, the books are not the problem. It's clutter, like papers and things that I have not time to go through.
Many of my friends in SF had and have huge collections of books as I do. The difference is they either have the income to to have a housekeeper come in or have a partner come in and dust, vacuum, etc. My late Mother had a housekeeper take care of those duties. If I had had her income, this place would have never gotten this bad.

Come on, I live in an area of reasonably well-off people with moderate, or perhaps somewhat large, sized houses and large yards to take care of.  Most are in the older demographic.  They variously work full time or are retired.  They virtually all keep their houses and yards immaculate, with lawns and gardens to look after, and none of them hire housekeepers or gardeners (except perhaps the occasional one over 70 or the ones running bed and breakfasts).

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 11, 2015, 10:50:09 PM
I've been waiting for years for my big guy to reappear. Maybe Diana could heal that problem. ;) ...

I know this is the Falkie Thread, but that might be a little too much information..

PathoJen

I do think Falkies money would be better spent using Merry Maids than buying stuff from the Mac store. Seriously.

PathoJen

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2015, 12:25:22 PM

I know this is the Falkie Thread, but that might be a little too much information..
Paper Boy I really don't think Falkie posted this stuff from last night. It's too creepy, even for him.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 10:09:59 AM
Thank G*d simplistic people such as yourself do not run things. All the readers would be in death camps waiting to be  executed for thought crimes.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 10:17:22 AM
Who's insulting anyone ?
I'm merely pointing out that your ideas make no sense and you have failed to grasp the crux of the issue at hand.

Okay then.  Thanks for clearing that up.

PathoJen

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 12, 2015, 12:27:42 PM
Okay then.  Thanks for clearing that up.
It's always everyone else, we are all too simple minded, we aren't grasping the crux of it. Falkie is far superior to all of us. :-\

</sarcasm

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 09:56:01 AM
But geeks, bookworms, hackers and techno geeks built our tech society.
Without people like us, you'd still be watching a 9 inch round Philco and sending candygrams.

What are you talking about?  You don't even understand the simplest tech gadgets and, from what I can see, have never contributed to the advancement of technology.  The books you've shown us are the antithesis of science and technology, filling your head with misinformation and completely erroneous crap about the way things actually work.

Get an engineering degree, do some real work, and then maybe you can make pompous statements like that and have a leg to stand on.

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on June 11, 2015, 06:18:06 PM
Yea, but neither one of them give two shits about making any meaningful changes in their lives, so fuck 'em. People can only do so much in the advise department for people who are unwilling to listen.

If this were The Walking Dead I'd leave them to the Walkers and save the group.  But It's not.  The thing that nails down my humanity is hope.  I keep hoping that change will come with the next event, the next day, the next post.  That their lives will matter.
I know. I'm a fucking idiot.  But I have never left anyone behind.  If I lived anywhere near Felchie, I would be all over the fucker.  Tough love?  I would show him how tough it is to love.

3OctaveFart

A lot of people have been with a partner that was a drain on their purse. (Sometimes on both ends of it.)
You simply have to be frugal enough that you have a cushion between what you earn and what you spend.
Where the hell has that surplus been going?

PathoJen

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 12, 2015, 12:43:16 PM
If this were The Walking Dead I'd leave them to the Walkers and save the group.  But It's not.  The thing that nails down my humanity is hope.  I keep hoping that change will come with the next event, the next day, the next post.  That their lives will matter.
I know. I'm a fucking idiot.  But I have never left anyone behind.  If I lived anywhere near Felchie, I would be all over the fucker.  Tough love?  I would show him how tough it is to love.
You have a big heart. And I have to say, if I lived by him I'd probably help him out too.

chefist

Quote from: PathoJen on June 12, 2015, 12:46:38 PM
You have a big heart. And I have to say, if I lived by him I'd probably help him out too.

you are all saints! when a experiment does not work, I move on...you folks have heart!

paladin1991

Quote from: cosmic hobo on June 11, 2015, 07:20:31 PM
Just an outsider looking in but it is quite obvious that area51drone and Little Gerry are in cahoots.

Why can everybody see this and Falkie cannot?

Why whatever do you mean?

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 11, 2015, 08:44:22 PM
That is precisely what I told Kathy since she kept using packing and cleaning as an excuse for not coming over here for 1 day to help me out. I have technically 3 cats as Little Girl comes and goes. When I was homeless once I and my 2 cats lived in my Plymouth Reliant for 6 months. A friend let me eventually stay with him for a year until I wound up moving in with Kathy. All my clothes were in storage and I had rigged a travel rack on top of the car with towels, bedding, soap and other items. Biggest problem was finding a place to shower and back then I had no injuries ( except for my old back injury ) and was thin ( 200 ) and had a cooler in the car. Even so, sleeping in the car in SF in the winter wound up with me getting pneumonia.
Should I get evicted I would not pay the rent, put everything in storage, buy a van and save up until I could buy a plot of land and then build a cabin on it. There are sites where you pay approximately $ 187 a month down and the same for the monthly payment and when you're done, you own the land. Then i'd have a small property tax but no one could tell me how to,live and I'd lose weight, do videos from wifi access places and probably go off and pan for gold and then buy a metal detector.
And don't give me any crap about driving without a license. I'd pay my fines off and get it back. Survival is more important than the DMV.
Sadly the 3 kitties I feed here will probably starve to death. Orangey could be taken by me and I could find him a home but the two tabbies are too shy and one of the jerks who live here would report me for feeding them.
I am going to try to get a 3 week extension on this inspection bs as I can't clean and help Kathy move her crap out at the same time.
YEah, well, things are tough all over.

SredniVashtar

If this were The Walking Dead I'd leave them to the Walkers and save the group. 

That's the military mind for you. Throwing Falkie to the walkers would keep a herd busy for several weeks. Brilliant strategic thinking.

coaster

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 12, 2015, 10:11:27 AM
Senda's account password has been hacked. I have an idea who; if you look back at the last pages there are very different 'styles'. I'm guessing Senda logs out and the pseudo Senda logs in and posts the self effacing posts, knowing full well tgat Senda doesn't look back over previous pages to notice.

Still, it's entertainment if the idiot can't grasp his 'friends' aren't really his friends.
He still doesn't know? haha what an idiot.

Yorkshire pud

Jeeze man, you expend more compassion for the manbaby than he deserves; but I hand it to you. 'Fucking idiot' maybe, but you know, I believe you would do what you say. Although he doesn't deserve it.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 12, 2015, 11:55:32 AM
No, you don't need 25k to make an account.  That might be the recommended amount to make a living off of day trading, or it may be the what you need to pay the minimum trading fee,  but I've made an online account for free before.  You may need somewhere up to $1000 as an initial deposit into your account, I can't remember.  It would depend on the service.  I think some don't require anything.  If you don't use a broker you can trade for as little as five dollars per trade.

In any case, I don't think your SSI benefits would allow you to trade, and even if you did you would almost certainly lose all your money.

I looked it up on that site and the day trading books I have also said it is not the Forex regulations but a requirement of the law in the US.
Go look it up yourself if you don't believe me.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 01:13:05 PM
I looked it up on that site and the day trading books I have also said it is not the Forex regulations but a requirement of the law in the US.

Isn't it telling that you say that? Maybe because you've set your stall out previously, and lied over and over again on various things, and now have to appeal to authority to confirm what you say.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 01:13:05 PM

I haven't looked much into Forex trading so that could be a different ball of wax.  From what I understand, though that's not the case.

edit:  in a quick search I haven't been able to find any regulations on minimum Forex trading accounts, but FOREX.com requires a minimum deposit of $250.  If you are going to day trade, I do not think ForEx would be the best place to start.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 12, 2015, 12:33:22 PM
What are you talking about?  You don't even understand the simplest tech gadgets and, from what I can see, have never contributed to the advancement of technology.  The books you've shown us are the antithesis of science and technology, filling your head with misinformation and completely erroneous crap about the way things actually work.

Get an engineering degree, do some real work, and then maybe you can make pompous statements like that and have a leg to stand on.

Oh, bullshit. I could build a pc or tear down a Mac and have it working again.
Could you?
I know a lot about how things work just because I have not said it here.
And I was generalizing in that the awkward, shy and people society thinks are weird wind up being the innovators.
Edison raised hell as a kid but still came up with inventions.
Many others failed at one thing or another before they found the idea or invention or innovation that worked like Einstein.
Just keep thinking that I know nothing and arrogant asses like you know everything.
I know where everything in a car is and most of what the parts do.
But could I fix it ?
No and for a lot of reasons.
Thats why there are repair shops.
I know how they built the new SF Bay bridge and how they are now studying defective sections that could fail in a major quake. I watched them put in sections of it in our car and on the news.
Don't need an engineering degree to do that.
I understand basic mechanics like levers, pulleys, fulcrums etc.
Could I build a device using them ?
Maybe.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 12, 2015, 01:19:11 PM
I haven't looked much into Forex trading so that could be a different ball of wax.  From what I understand, though that's not the case.

I meant day trading and will go over and take a look at the Forex and day trading books I have to make sure but Imam pretty certain I am correct.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 01:25:45 PM
Could you?
I know a lot about how things work just because I have not said it here.

I understand basic mechanics like levers, pulleys, fulcrums etc.
Could I build a device using them ?
Maybe.

Masturbating to an episode of MacGyver does not make you a tech expert.

coaster

I
cannot type
a
normal
person.
Must make my post
unnecessarily long
so it takes up a
full
p
a
g
e

Could you?

Yeah, I build all my PC's from parts I source on eBay.  'Tis easy.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2015, 12:06:38 PM

Why don't you file the paperwork now so it's already on file when you've make your appearance

Because that is not how Noory wants me to do it.

Back to day trading for a second.
If you're going to do 4 trades in a certain period the $25k is required.
You'll also need margin money -$500 to $2,500.
A dedicated line from a broker, sometimes free, sometimes not.
Fees for each trade $4.20 to $4.80.
And there are other things needed as well.

Falkie2013

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 12, 2015, 01:33:57 PM
Masturbating to an episode of MacGyver does not make you a tech expert.

I'm certain YOU excelled in that given the number of years the show was on. I watched 2 episodes, thought it was silly and watched Cosmos or some science program on PBS.
I got an A in general science in jr high school and do know the basics, even today.

coaster

commentary through skype on a television program. Its so confusing. Hey Falkie, where you drunk last night? You said some pretty funny shit about having sex with Kathy's friend. We thought maybe your account had been hacked. Anyway, keep up the funny posts.

I know how they built the new SF Bay bridge and how they are now studying defective sections that could fail in a major quake. I watched them put in sections of it in our car and on the news.

Fine you know how they assembled the sections, but that's just logistics.  Engineering of the bridge is the analysis of stresses, strains, loadings, thermal expansion, vibration modes, wave action, weathering, materials selection, optimization of material use, etc. 

My point was that I don't see any evidence you have the track record that would let anyone take you seriously when you make disparaging statements about someone's assumed inventiveness or technical ability.  And you were just assuming when you made that argument.  The poster was suggesting you get rid of a few books, not trying to stifle your creative genius.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 01:40:30 PM
I'm certain YOU excelled in that given the number of years the show was on. I watched 2 episodes, thought it was silly and watched Cosmos or some science program on PBS.
I got an A in general science in jr high school and do know the basics, even today.

OK, I take it back. It must have been the A Team you were frantically fapping over. Is it really necessary to shame us all with your academic prowess in Junior High, trailing clouds of academic glory? I bet you were the idol of the place.

Now you're just idle.