• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 09, 2015, 05:11:57 PM
I had a housing inspection in May. They told me they object to the fans blocking my bedroom window as the window is supposed to be clear for emergency access

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 09, 2015, 10:52:39 PM
Now my fans will have to wait.
Idiotic housing manager now says my books are a fire hazzard.

It looks like they're laying the foundations for eviction. Did they take pictures during the original inspection? If so, they might show before and after pics to whatever housing authority you have out there and say you were given fair warning but did nothing.  The owners of the building  are probably itching to sell the land or redevelop and sell to yuppies and hipsters

Have a yard sale, sell them to a used bookstore or (last resort) pitch everything out and start a new collection on bittorent. Hoagland books aren't worth getting evicted for

Who

Quote from: chefist on June 10, 2015, 03:10:42 PM
sure, Art posts things that he does not mention on BG...or at least posts them on FB first...

I was tempted to join but I am afraid a few Bellgab trolls would then know my true identity.  I follow Art Bell on Facebook so I see all his Facebook posts.

3OctaveFart

Same.
Art allows the public to comment on his posts now and that is well enough.

PathoJen

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 10, 2015, 04:04:10 PM
Same.
Art allows the public to comment on his posts now and that is well enough.
Can you tell who is who since I assume people are using their real names? Or do you just not discuss that.

PathoJen

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on June 10, 2015, 04:01:53 PM
It looks like they're laying the foundations for eviction.
Greaaaaat, just great.

coaster

Those facebook groups are silly. why would anyone want to let random facebook strangers dictate what they can say? This is the same reason I never joined that stupid art bell facebook group.

3OctaveFart

It is interesting, what would make somebody want to play cop on a Facebook fan group. Or on the Internet at all.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: PathoJen on June 10, 2015, 04:13:21 PM
Can you tell who is who since I assume people are using their real names? Or do you just not discuss that.
Not a member. You can not be one and still reply to Art's FB posts.

coaster

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 10, 2015, 04:22:56 PM
It is interesting, what would make somebody want to play cop on a Facebook fan group. Or on the Internet at all.
They are ran by people who have no power or control in their real lives, so they spend their time overly modding their little facebook groups, hoping that they find some sense of control over their own failed, miserable life. Its pretty sad really.
This is exactly why Falkie runs his "forum" the way he does.

paladin1991

Falkie, do you want me to call your apt manager and put in a good word for you?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 10, 2015, 04:22:56 PM

I wanted to be a Bellgab moderator, just so I could mess with people and not risk being banned.
My plan backfired ;)

Who

Quote from: PathoJen on June 10, 2015, 04:13:21 PM

You don't have to join the Bellgab group at Facebook, Jen.  Just follow Art Bell on Facebook and you can read and comment on all his posts. 

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on June 10, 2015, 04:01:53 PM
It looks like they're laying the foundations for eviction.

Looks like it. If you can't part with your shelves of ancient video games, Windows 95 instruction manuals, or the Dummies book collection, then start cleaning out that Prius, Bulkie.

Who

Quote from: coaster on June 10, 2015, 04:33:17 PM
They are ran by people who have no power or control in their real lives, so they spend their time overly modding their little facebook groups, hoping that they find some sense of control over their own failed, miserable life. Its pretty sad really.
This is exactly why Falkie runs his "forum" the way he does.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Ditto

WhiteCrow

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 10, 2015, 04:42:49 PM
Falkie, do you want me to call your apt manager and put in a good word for you?

That's not the way to do it....

Hey Big Guy, give us some details on this ruthless apartment manager's mistreatment of you and other renters. Maybe there is some way we can help you.

I just had a brainstorm.  Is the Price Is Right still airing on TV?  Falkie is always talking about what he would do if he won the lottery, but in lieu of that, somehow I see him fitting in perfectly making bids on the prize package and spinning the giant prize wheel.  Can we petition for Falkie to be a contestant on the Price is Right?

Who

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 10, 2015, 04:59:17 PM
I just had a brainstorm.  Is the Price Is Right still airing on TV?  Falkie is always talking about what he would do if he won the lottery, but in lieu of that, somehow I see him fitting in perfectly making bids on the prize package and spinning the giant prize wheel.  Can we petition for Falkie to be a contestant on the Price is Right?

Kathy would have to drive him to LA.  On the off chance he was selected to be a contestant, he'd probably lose.  Or he'd win an $8,000 trip to Bali.  He'd have to pay the tax on that trip upfront and he wouldn't have the money.  Or he'd win a new car or a bunch of cash playing Plinko, fail to report his winnings to his case worker and be convicted of welfare fraud.  He'd end up in an orange jump suit.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 10, 2015, 04:59:17 PM

TO GEORGIE F.P. 2216:  Yes, the Price Is Right is still airing.  I was at the dentist two days ago for a morning appointment, and they had it on the flat screen TV mounted to the ceiling (for patients to view while laying back during treatment).

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 10, 2015, 05:14:59 PM
Kathy would have to drive him to LA.  On the off chance he was selected to be a contestant, he'd probably lose.  Or he'd win an $8,000 trip to Bali.  He'd have to pay the tax on that trip upfront and he wouldn't have the money.  Or he'd win a new car or a bunch of cash playing Plinko, fail to report his winnings to his case worker and be convicted of welfare fraud.  He'd end up in an orange jump suit.

George, do you have a case worker?  If so, I don't recall any references to him or her.  Please fill us in with some background, and give us some insight into the relationship if you do have one.

With all due respect to the Big Guy, I don't think that a stint in prison would suit a guy like Falkie that well.  Given his medical issues, breathing problems, and lifestyle, I can't see him surviving, let alone thriving, in that environment.  Ol' Gerry doesn't want you going to prison, George!

3OctaveFart

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 10, 2015, 04:47:11 PM
I wanted to be a Bellgab moderator, just so I could mess with people and not risk being banned.
My plan backfired ;)
I didn't mean to throw BellGab into that- I truly appreciate this site isn't overmoderated.
I've been on boards where this thread (wrongly) would have been padlocked 490 pages ago.

paladin1991

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 10, 2015, 04:54:06 PM
That's not the way to do it....

Hey Big Guy, give us some details on this ruthless apartment manager's mistreatment of you and other renters. Maybe there is some way we can help you.

You're right.  A soft approach first.  I'll let you handle it.  I'll assist.

paladin1991

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 10, 2015, 05:14:59 PM

Yeah.  But it would be 3 hots and a cot.  Fo free!

3OctaveFart

Last piece of advice- for God's sake don't ask the person with lice and fleas (or a dirty car interior) to come help clean the unit in a pinch.
Maybe try someone who has demonstrated an ability to keep a space clean.

bateman

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 10, 2015, 06:37:30 PM
Last piece of advice- for God's sake don't ask the person with lice and fleas (or a dirty car interior) to come help clean the unit in a pinch.
Maybe try someone who has demonstrated an ability to keep a space clean.

I haven't looked at this thread in a few days, and this is the first post I see. You never disappoint me General Musings of Falkie2013 thread.

3OctaveFart

Well, Bateman, I am going on vacay in a few days. Even I need a break from this thread.

PathoJen

Quote from: bateman on June 10, 2015, 07:24:51 PM
I haven't looked at this thread in a few days, and this is the first post I see. You never disappoint me General Musings of Falkie2013 thread.
I'm never surprised by what I read in here.

paladin1991

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 10, 2015, 07:39:44 PM
Well, Bateman, I am going on vacay in a few days. Even I need a break from this thread.

Where you going?  The fam and I leave Monday for Idaho!  CDA!

nextgen.fm

So what's been going on Falker?  :D

Have you talked with the nighthawk recently?

paladin1991

Felchie?  I know you are probably taking another nap, is it the dirt nap?