• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

3OctaveFart

PathoJen, I'll just say I don't live in the southwest.
I am a Georgian. My hometown is a migrant town of many Mexican workers.
I have lived in Texas and California, but nobody made Mexican cuisine like those folks.
What is the word? Love? That is what those good and honest people put into their dishes.

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 06, 2015, 06:10:04 PM
... I guess I enjoy straight up Nori a much as I do a California roll....

I think I'll pass on the Noory..

PathoJen

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 06, 2015, 06:29:59 PM
That surprises me.  I always thought he was a non-judgmental, live and let live kind of guy.  I'm a vegetarian but don't push it on others.   
I guess hate is a strong word. He thinks vegetarians are malnourished., and missing out on life. This he has said on many occasions. I'm with you Doctor who, I don't push my beliefs off on anyone. vegetarians have a bad wrap as trying to proselytize meat eaters, and think they have higher moral standards etc., they need to cut that shit out.

Who

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 06:17:15 PM
Art hates vegetarians.

Art hates vegetarians?  I wonder what he thinks of Alf and his cat casseroles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B1QxOmbMZ0

3OctaveFart

Re., vegetarians vs. meat-eaters, I don't think either side understands each other. They are quick to mock each other.
I have noted some tension in work settings where company-provided food is not exactly equitable toward vegetarians.
Interesting social experiment. There were complaints, too, boy.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 06:11:05 PM
I work hard to maintain my avatars hourglass figure.

Careful Jen, I'll be asking for your picture too.

PathoJen

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 06, 2015, 07:06:01 PM
Careful Jen, I'll be asking for your picture too.
You've seen me. Nothing new under the sun to see.

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 05:14:31 PM
A "meat pie" like a chicken pot pie? Or like the ones Mrs. Lovett made? I am a vegetarian. Don't judge.

NO worries there.  It just means that I won't have to slap your hand when I reach for the last drumstick.

paladin1991

Quote from: Open Lines Gerry on June 06, 2015, 05:31:14 PM

It's ok if you picture Open Lines Gerry in your mind as appearing that way!  LOL
Not that there would be anything wrong with that!

3OctaveFart

Where are the damn videos? Where is our reluctant hero?

paladin1991

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 05:45:52 PM
I'm just worried about a possible iron deficiency, if I go full veg.
I don't want to have to rely on a tablet form of an essential mineral that has been in our diets for 40,000 years on the planet.
Yeah, I keep hearing fm the Meatarians that Vegheads suffer fm, I think, it's B vitamins, trace aminos and a few other things.  I have heard variously fm Vegheads that one can get all they need fm proper food combos or that which is not avail in veggies can be augmented with vitamin supplements.

I dunno, pass the steak sauce.

paladin1991

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 06:07:55 PM
Please tell me you at least tried something! California roll perhaps? There is a roll for everyone.

I'll take a roll in the hay.  Anybody up for that?
https://youtu.be/vqClWdOcWog

paladin1991

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 06:18:04 PM
Now you're making me think of Mexican food.
I miss Mexican terribly. I live in a large city but they just don't do it well here. It's not in their blood.

Where are you, Copenhagen?  Vladivostok?

3OctaveFart

I was more worried about the nutrient deficiency before I bred.
I am just a guy who wants to lose 15 pounds and a vegetable diet seems like the surest path.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 08:03:43 PM
Where are the damn videos? Where is our reluctant hero?

I don't know about the reluctant hero part, but last night while on the phone to Cunandero81, I got up to go to the bathroom, then went over to turn off the bedroom ceiling light at an angle I was not used to and in the dark, jammed my bad right kneecap hard right on the edge of the bookcase. A lot of screaming ensued and the phonecall ended and I staggered to bed in pain for the rest of the night and most of the day. I usually turn the corner coming from the living room and had never done that before. Had a fitfull liitle sleep night and slept much of the day. Will see how I feel in the morning.
It's very cramped in that corner and I was trying to avoid stepping on the cat food and water bowls.
I can feel the pain and swelling if I bend my knee a certain way.
I have the heating pad on the kneecap right now.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 06:40:52 PM
Re., vegetarians vs. meat-eaters, I don't think either side understands each other. They are quick to mock each other.
I have noted some tension in work settings where company-provided food is not exactly equitable toward vegetarians.
Interesting social experiment. There were complaints, too, boy.

Eat the vegetarians.
Problem solved.
I hate the holier than thou attitudes about meat, fish, chicken eating promulgated by most rabid anti meat veggie freaks.
Do we tell them to stop killing broccoli or soy beans for their tofu turkeys ?
No !
Worse than holy roller fundamentalist Christians who keep telling you to find Jesus.
I usually reply that I didn't know he was lost. It throws them off somehow.

3OctaveFart

I feel sort of guilty for not viewing eating as an ethically charged act.
I don't mind people's convictions, I just don't need a 10-minute explanation why you only eat vegan donuts.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 08:18:34 PM
Hot shower for the knee.

I did that but the shower where I live is very cramped and the sream barely reaches my knee. When I first got up today, my back was hurting from not sleeping right. That the water will reach.
One day I will ask the maintenance guy to put on a hose spray device for me.
Knee bruising takes time.
If I feel up to it in the morning will walk to Starbucks.
I bought some really good strawberries Friday and want to go get some more.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
You've seen me. Nothing new under the sun to see.

For sure, your first avatar was worthy. Nice subject matter and great pose..
Would like  to see a larger version, post it here please.

Who

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 06, 2015, 08:18:48 PM
I hate the holier than thou attitudes about meat, fish, chicken eating promulgated by most rabid anti meat veggie freaks.

Hater.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 06, 2015, 08:24:01 PM
I did that but the shower where I live is very cramped and the sream barely reaches my knee. When I first got up today, my back was hurting from not sleeping right. That the water will reach.

Sometimes Falkie, it seems like you live your life, like you're a 13 year old kid on an allowance.
Any Home Depot or Hardware store has simple pumbing adapters to convert a show head to a spray hose shower.   

PathoJen

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 06, 2015, 08:24:01 PM
You said you got a heating pad, use that.

3OctaveFart

I know it is not the manliest thing in the world, but I have recently discovered the healing properties of a very hot bath.
Pretty incredible what it can do for joint pain.

Falkie2013

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 06, 2015, 08:41:39 PM
Sometimes Falkie, it seems like you live your life, like you're a 13 year old kid on an allowance.
Any Home Depot or Hardware store has simple pumbing adapters to convert a show head to a spray hose shower.

Sure they do but its a matter of priorities and most of my extra funds have been going to Kathy.
And when I go to Home Depot I can never find anyone to answer my questions.
I was a cashier, not a plumber.
Which is why I prefer going to OSH.
Since she's used to having a shower hose I guess I will have to go do it next month since she will be staying here.
I will have the joy of playing our ancient game of tossing ice cube filled cold water over the shower curtain while she's in there.
I think she's about 305-288 ahead of me over the years.
The toilet flushing in the shower thing doesn't work here.
And I noted that American Pharoh won the the triple crown.
Congrats to the horse, trainer, jockey and owners and I expect 2 shows any day now telling us how a horse named American Pharohoh relates to the secret chambers under the great pyramid by Graham Hancock or how the paradigm shift relates to hyperdimensional physics and how the 37 year gap between Triple Crown winners is almost 19.5 by Richard C. Hoagland and how it signals a fundamental change in horse genetics.

PathoJen

Has Falkie ever calling Art Bell on the air, not counting Gabcast?

PathoJen

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 06, 2015, 08:33:53 PM
For sure, your first avatar was worthy. Nice subject matter and great pose..
Would like  to see a larger version, post it here please.
We'll see.  ;)

Who

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 06, 2015, 08:59:36 PM
Sure they do but its a matter of priorities and most of my extra funds have been going to Kathy woo woo books and t-shirts.

Falkie2013

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 08:59:40 PM
Has Falkie ever calling Art Bell on the air, not counting Gabcast?

I called the old show once and Dark Matter once. See my video on it where Art and John " Vague " Hogue kept thinking my last name was Martinez and Art kept editing it out, when it was ehere I lived at the time instead. Pretty funny stuff. Even Art admitted that to me the next day in an email.