• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

TheErinnF YouTube Star

Started by deviant aristocrat, April 15, 2019, 10:26:44 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on July 17, 2019, 09:11:38 PM
"Damn it Jack, I'm a poet, not a statistician!"

I suppose you could be correct about her using youtube as a diary- but I would suggest that once you post your diary online you distort who you are, self-censor, and try to present yourself in a way for other people rather than for yourself.

I maintain my stance that even if it feels therapeutic, it does more harm to somebody already unstable than it does good.*

*Senda, of course, being the exception to the rule.

See here I will resort to masking again which maintains that there is no true self but only a succession of identities we assume until we find one (or many, really, depending on circumstances) that is comfortable, and suggest that youtube is a good vehicle for test-driving.  She might be nothing like we see in real life.

I wish I could remember the book -- it was just required reading for my friend's psychology degree that he let me borrow, so I think it was pretty mainstream.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 09:33:21 PM
She's also lonely and sad.  But I've always been the kind to take in strays, including an obese woman with a cockamamie story about her husband abusing her at home and having nowhere to go.  She ate the points off all my cheese wedges, which are the best part.

When I kicked her out, he helped her move.  He was scrawnier than I am.

Well at least you booted her after one too many cheese wedges were defiled. Safe to assume you learned from the experience?
I'd hate you to end up with some sort of Akwilly situation. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on July 17, 2019, 09:39:35 PM
You could always try setting up a page on BumbleDate, and sending Erinn a note.

#ImJustTryingToHelp

I think Jacky should try it.  I've cast my net on the other side of the boat.  There's a lot more fish, just as the Lord said there would be.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 09:45:05 PM
I think Jacky should try it.  I've cast my net on the other side of the boat.  There's a lot more fish, just as the Lord said.

#I'llAllowIt

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 17, 2019, 09:43:25 PM
Well at least you booted her after one too many cheese wedges were defiled. Safe to assume you learned from the experience?

Yes:  when sheltering obese women, don't buy cheese.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 09:48:42 PM
Yes:  when sheltering obese women, don't buy cheese.

Or?    C'mon now. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 17, 2019, 09:49:35 PM
Or?    C'mon now.

Or, don't shelter obese women?  That seems unnecessarily cruel.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 09:52:11 PM
Or, don't shelter obese women?  That seems unnecessarily cruel.

*Sigh*   Cue the buzzer sound.  The correct answer was:

"Or someone will end up pregnant and I will end up shitting in a box and burning it out back."

If you haven't learned that yet...............  You may want to seek more life advice here on Bellgab.  I'd hate to see that happen to the poet  laureate. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 17, 2019, 09:57:10 PM

"Or someone will end up pregnant and I will end up shitting in a box and burning it out back."

If you haven't learned that yet...............  You may want to seek more life advice here on Bellgab.  I'd hate to see that happen to the poet  laureate.

Oh shit is that how that started?  I never knew.

Though out of the ashes of that conflagration came my first, and still best, sonnet:

The ships of ancient chiefs became their pyres
When thralls consigned their bodies to their arks;
Our hero's bowels kindle mighty fires,
And turds ascend at night in show'rs of sparks...

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 09:43:00 PM
See here I will resort to masking again which maintains that there is no true self but only a succession of identities we assume until we find one (or many, really, depending on circumstances) that is comfortable, and suggest that youtube is a good vehicle for test-driving.  She might be nothing like we see in real life.
I honestly cannot argue with the main point... People absolutely try on identities and adopt them wholesale, piecemeal, or reject them. I had never considered that Youtube could actually be useful for that.

Assuming that you are correct- are you suggesting that people try on identities and then put them out for comment and base their acceptance of various traits on how others (their "followers") react rather than how well it truly fits them? If so, that is a rather sad commentary on the state of how well some people know themselves, and how pliable they must be willing to be for acceptance.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 10:04:35 PM
Oh shit is that how that started?  I never knew.

Though out of the ashes of that conflagration came my first, and still best, sonnet:

The ships of ancient chiefs became their pyres
When thralls consigned their bodies to their arks;
Our hero's bowels kindle mighty fires,
And turds ascend at night in show'rs of sparks...

Some of your finest work.  Yes - if I recall correctly, there was an uncomfortable pregnancy which precipitated a retreat to lodgings without facilities.

Just be careful man.  Don't be shy about asking "Liberace Anything" if you need to do so .

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 17, 2019, 09:57:10 PM

That was due to a pregnancy? I have heard that children can bring drastic life changes. But that seems a little extreme.

Lilith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPV-UWnyH2U

Erinn explains StormArea51, and reviews StormArea51 T-Shirts.  They will be having a lot of fun StormArea51 Parties at bars in her area that day.

Quote from: WOTR on July 17, 2019, 10:12:43 PM
That was due to a pregnancy? I have heard that children can bring drastic life changes. But that seems a little extreme.

I could be wrong but that is my recollection.  It is neither here nor there........   

Main point is that there are worse things than a gnawed off cheese wedge and it is better to be guarded than to poop in a Hamm's box.

Then again what do I know?    I've watched all the episodes of both the original Hawaii Five-O and Star Trek many times and I still love both series dearly.  I used to enjoy the original Magnum PI during its first run as well.  I have access to it now and am trying to watch it as I can't fall asleep and it.... Well.  Quite frankly it seems to suck.  I've got issues...............

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on July 17, 2019, 10:11:07 PM
I honestly cannot argue with the main point... People absolutely try on identities and adopt them wholesale, piecemeal, or reject them. I had never considered that Youtube could actually be useful for that.

Assuming that you are correct- are you suggesting that people try on identities and then put them out for comment and base their acceptance of various traits on how others (their "followers") react rather than how well it truly fits them? If so, that is a rather sad commentary on the state of how well some people know themselves, and how pliable they must be willing to be for acceptance.

Yes; happiness comes from accepting (with, one hopes, full awareness of what one is doing, and a little spackle and putty) one of society's near-infinite number of predefined personae, already smoothed by usage with all the sharp edges worn down, and filling it as best as one can.  The idea of a true self, in this view, comes from 19th-century romanticism and the particularly American myth of the rugged individual, the pursuit of which leads to ostracism and hermitry, contrasted with the earlier age's emphasis on keeping one's station.

We forget that "To thine own self be true" was spoken by the glib and tedious Polonius, who Hamlet later stabs.

To expand, I think her dress-up and girlish prattle is an attempt to pull off an identity more appropriate to a teenager and that the sooner she learns how ill it fits a mature woman, the happier she'll be.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 10:30:47 PM
Yes; happiness comes from accepting (with, one hopes, full awareness of what one is doing, and a little spackle and putty) one of society's near-infinite number of predefined personae, already smoothed by usage with all the sharp edges worn down, and filling it as best as one can.  The idea of a true self, in this view, comes from 19th-century romanticism and the particularly American myth of the rugged individual, the pursuit of which leads to ostracism and hermitry, contrasted with the earlier age's emphasis on keeping one's station.

We forget that "To thine own self be true" was spoken by the glib and tedious Polonius, who Hamlet later stabs.

To expand, I think her dress-up and girlish prattle is an attempt to pull off an identity more appropriate to a teenager and that the sooner she learns how ill it fits a mature woman, the happier she'll be.

At the end you almost appeal to my inner engineer.  I would put it as "She should unass herself and move on with her life.  Next problem, please."

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 17, 2019, 10:44:52 PM
At the end you almost appeal to my inner engineer.  I would put it as "She should unass herself and move on with her life.  Next problem, please."

Haha there is something mechanical about it, like becoming a cog in society's machine.  I suppose a psychiatrist practicing it would be more like your high school guidance counselor.

If I remember right, the task of creating new personae is left to a statistical handful of truly exceptional people while the vast multitudes just follow in their innumerable wakes.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 10:56:34 PM
Haha there is something mechanical about it, like becoming a cog in society's machine.  I suppose a psychiatrist practicing it would be more like your high school guidance counselor.

If I remember right, the task of creating new personae is left to a statistical handful of truly exceptional people while the vast multitudes just follow in their innumerable wakes.

So I've got a second hand Id?   Don't much like the sounds of that.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 17, 2019, 11:10:30 PM
So I've got a second hand Id?   Don't much like the sounds of that.

Oh I think the id is yours, but you have a designer superego.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 11:17:41 PM
Oh I think the id is yours, but you have a designer superego.

Cool beans,  I was worried I might have to go see Dr. Feelgood or something,   I can live with that.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 17, 2019, 09:43:25 PM
Where does K_Dubb stand on the "lazy eye" situation? In his defense, Akwilly is in a very cold environment and a box of burning poo and that little pup isn't going to keep one as warm as a drunk, fat girl; lazy eye or not.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 18, 2019, 08:11:07 AM
Where does K_Dubb stand on the "lazy eye" situation? In his defense, Akwilly is in a very cold environment and a box of burning poo and that little pup isn't going to keep one as warm as a drunk, fat girl; lazy eye or not.

Lazy eye would be ok; I'd deal with it.  It's the fat that is the no-go -- I refuse to be the skinny guy with the fat chick everyone laughs at.  I don't care how cold it is.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 18, 2019, 08:38:43 AM
Lazy eye would be ok; I'd deal with it.  It's the fat that is the no-go -- I refuse to be the skinny guy with the fat chick everyone laughs at.  I don't care how cold it is.
There is wisdom here because it is true. Everyone laughs, even if they are polite enough to only do so on the 'inside' or just roll eyes to others around.  I recently was on United Flight and there was a spectacularly large gal, who was also loud, and had lots of problems getting down the walkway (one of those terminals where the walkway was temporary and long,) and then the plane's aisle, and getting her suitcases into the overhead bin.

She yelled and her skinny, pale boyfriend comes up and puts her suitcases up there. It looked like a Herculean effort on his part to lift the bags. And then she directed him to the middle-seat, after he took his assigned aisle seat. I laughed. The large woman also brought on food and proceeded to wolf down some kind of "wrap" before we even took off! He didn't have any food. The girl next to me snickered. And others, including the stewardess, rolled her eyes.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 18, 2019, 09:02:51 AM
There is wisdom here because it is true. Everyone laughs, even if they are polite enough to only do so on the 'inside' or just roll eyes to others around.  I recently was on United Flight and there was a spectacularly large gal, who was also loud, and had lots of problems getting down the walkway (one of those terminals where the walkway was temporary and long,) and then the plane's aisle, and getting her suitcases into the overhead bin.

She yelled and her skinny, pale boyfriend comes up and puts her suitcases up there. It looked like a Herculean effort on his part to lift the bags. And then she directed him to the middle-seat, after he took his assigned aisle seat. I laughed. The large woman also brought on food and proceeded to wolf down some kind of "wrap" before we even took off! He didn't have any food. The girl next to me snickered. And others, including the stewardess, rolled her eyes.

See, you know it's true!  Wherever I go, I leave a trail of broken, prediabetic hearts in my wake.  You have no idea how many padded embraces I have dodged, or how they look at me with the same proprietary gleam with which they regard the last Cinnabon on the cart.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Liberace! on July 17, 2019, 01:33:40 PM
I'm glad she's keeping up with this stuff and posting about it here because that means I don't have to. I'm not sure why you'd be so annoyed with that.

Things shared such as:

QuoteBrig, GAWD DAMMIT, I was so happy to see you over there and now my heart is broken. 💔 TURNCOAT! 😉

Glad you're getting a kick out of this, Brig.

Would it help at all if I asked you guys to STOP making it worse?

I'd rather be a tapered-off Benzo Babe than hooked on sitting around here in this FESTERING CESSPOOL OF A FORUM bashing people

ALL
DAY
LONG.

Damn, man. Go buy yourself a kitten or something.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 17, 2019, 05:36:07 PM
That's why, as much as I respect Azz's insistence that we view these people as fellow humans worthy of compassion, I think that, as long as they insist on oversharing, they are harmed far more by "fans" who reinforce aberrant behavior than by brig's acid tongue.

But is this not a comparative harm rationalization?

If so, bring on the bus!

AZZERAE

Quote from: brig on July 17, 2019, 08:40:49 PM
Erinn likes pretending to be a unicorn, if that helps.  She even has a unicorn shower cap from Wish, that she had on during one of her videos.  She did try on the cupcake shower cap, but quickly changed back into the unicorn shower cap.

Now this is strictly speculation, but I suppose the reason she wears shower caps in bed, is to protect her hair from leaks in the ceiling.

#ICouldBeWrong

Or you could be a flaming massive:

#IAmNotWrong

AZZERAE

Quote from: brig on July 17, 2019, 09:30:13 PM
Ironically, instead of blaming herself for her name and address being all over the internet, she, of course, blames BellGab.

She blames BellGab for everything.  She blames BellGab for the times when she is depressed.  She blames BellGab for her name and address being all over the internet.  She blames BellGab for the decline of her YouTube channel, even tho the videos that get posted to BellGab, are generally the ones with the highest view numbers.

Bellgrab "decline" = Brig stalking, ftmp.

You are the locus of pure hatred and salubrious self justification.

Most sentient elders have moved on to shuffleboard or fishing.

AZZERAE

Quote from: brig on July 17, 2019, 09:39:35 PM
You could always try setting up a page on BumbleDate, and sending Erinn a note.

#ImJustTryingToHelp

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 18, 2019, 09:24:12 AM
See, you know it's true!  Wherever I go, I leave a trail of broken, prediabetic hearts in my wake.  You have no idea how many padded embraces I have dodged, or how they look at me with the same proprietary gleam with which they regard the last Cinnabon on the cart.
You should be an author. What a perfect sentence in which to introduce the reader into the tribulations of your autobiography, or even just a novel written in the first person. Bravo!