• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

From Art Bell

Started by Art Bell, September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 21, 2015, 03:50:58 PM
ART, I'm with you bro. But I would like to suggest that to celebrate you do an on air Scotch tasting.  You know, to set the mood for this next big step.

Ala Cigar Dave. That would be very cool.

paladin1991

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 22, 2015, 11:06:16 AM

Ala Cigar Dave. That would be very cool.

My brother!  You are aware.  A libation, a smoke to savor, comradery, makes for a beautiful day.

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 22, 2015, 11:50:09 AM
My brother!  You are aware.  A libation, a smoke to savor, comradery, makes for a beautiful day.

Yes, my fellow lieutenant. Every Saturday, I join in Brotherhood with my fellow Alpha Males while listening to the General conduct maneuvers from the southern headquarters in Tampa.

BellBoy

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 22, 2015, 11:50:09 AM

Are you able to legally buy Cubans there yet? That's one thing I've resolutely enjoyed being able to do over here.

NOTHING beats a feiry glass of scotch and a nice double corona.

TigerLily

Quote from: Disheartened on September 22, 2015, 12:35:17 PM
Heh! So did I.
Great, guys. Swamp'em! I'm Facebooking and emailing non-IHeart talk and Classic Rock stations in L.A. and San Diego. I think there are a few of us hitting these two markets.

TigerLily

Does anybody remember if back in the day, Art was on a Classic Rock Station in L.A.?  I know for sure Howard Stern was but not positive about Art

Alaskana

Roswells,

just chiming in here for those who may still be confused about what MITD being broadcast via Satellite means in this case and the difference between how it will operate on XDS and how it worked on Sirus XM. Sirus XM was both the provider of the satellite feed and the broadcaster/radio station for Dark Matter all rolled up into one package, so needing to find affiliates was not an issue then so to speak. XDS is just the feed provider, so MITD will be broadcast via Satellite (like Dark Matter was) via the XDS feed but it will still need any one of the 4000 individual stations that have the XDS satellite receiver to 'tune' to the MITD channel and then broadcast it via the airwaves through their AM/FM antennas. In case the Satellite feed goes down on any of the stations, there is a backup feed transmitted via the Internet in case stations need to use it until the Satellite link goes back up.

I could be wrong in my interpretation and if so someone please correct me, but I think that is more or less a correct simplified overview. In any case, yes folks we have lots of work to do. Long live Art and MITD!

Freyja

Just emailed the program directors at CFMJ 640 AM Toronto ( 50,000 watt station) and CKTB 610 AM ( Niagara Region, watts unknown) to request a programming change.

I included Art's announcement of yesterday, as well as the link to the new YouTube Channel.

Currently both of these stations carry "the other show", so let's see what happens.

I have also suggested that they pick up OSOM to cover the last two hours that Dave airs.

OK all you Ontario Gabbers, get those fingers typing and send an email, call etc. Both program director emails are on the stations website under "contact us"

Freyja

Art, I have a suggestion.

I think the new YT channel is excellent, however I think it would be a good idea to choose one or two of what you think your best programs to date have been and post them in their entirety on the channel.

Since many of us are blitzing to attempt to get MITD picked up by as many radio stations as possible, by including links to the new YT channel, it may be wise to offer a sample of what a complete show offers, sounds like and feels like....just a thought.

BellBoy

Quote from: Freyja on September 22, 2015, 02:22:44 PM
Art, I have a suggestion.

I think the new YT channel is excellent, however I think it would be a good idea to choose one or two of what you think your best programs to date have been and post them in their entirety on the channel.

Since many of us are blitzing to attempt to get MITD picked up by as many radio stations as possible, by including links to the new YT channel, it may be wise to offer a sample of what a complete show offers, sounds like and feels like....just a thought.

...but an excellent thought!

Freyja

Quote from: Freyja on September 22, 2015, 02:16:13 PM
Just emailed the program directors at CFMJ 640 AM Toronto ( 50,000 watt station) and CKTB 610 AM ( Niagara Region, watts unknown) to request a programming change.

I included Art's announcement of yesterday, as well as the link to the new YouTube Channel.

Currently both of these stations carry "the other show", so let's see what happens.

I have also suggested that they pick up OSOM to cover the last two hours that Dave airs.

OK all you Ontario Gabbers, get those fingers typing and send an email, call etc. Both program director emails are on the stations website under "contact us"

OK...I am quoting myself to keep things in context.

Beleive it or not, I got a reply from the program director at 640 AM Toronto, CFMJ.

This is what he wrote:

-----------------------------------------

Hi xxxxxx,

Another Toronto radio station has the rights to carry Art Bell’s show.

Have a great afternoon!

Scott Guest | Assistant Brand Director â€" Talk Radio AM640
Phone # - 416.479.7085 | E-Mail - scottg@640toronto.com | Web â€" http://www.640toronto.com

-------------------------------------------

Art, Keith or someone...how do I answer this. I didn't think there are any "rights" associated with carrying MITD or is there?

paladin1991

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 22, 2015, 12:07:29 PM
Yes, my fellow lieutenant. Every Saturday, I join in Brotherhood with my fellow Alpha Males while listening to the General conduct maneuvers from the southern headquarters in Tampa.

OH yeah!

inuk2600

Quote from: Freyja on September 22, 2015, 03:15:22 PM

Beleive it or not, I got a reply from the program director at 640 AM Toronto, CFMJ.

This is what he wrote:

Hi xxxxxx,

Have a great afternoon!

Phone # - 416.479.7085 | E-Mail - scottg@640toronto.com | Web â€" http://www.640toronto.com

Art, Keith or someone...how do I answer this. I didn't think there are any "rights" associated with carrying MITD or is there?

There is a mention somewhere for exclusivity for first-comers in a given market.

paladin1991

Quote from: BellBoy on September 22, 2015, 12:16:52 PM
Are you able to legally buy Cubans there yet? That's one thing I've resolutely enjoyed being able to do over here.

NOTHING beats a feiry glass of scotch and a nice double corona.

NOt yet.  And it's my opinion that absolutely everything will be shipped for max profit just as soon as they are able.  Folks here will be paying premium prices for absolute shit.

I figure, 2 years for that to work itself out.  Until then, I will have my inlaws ship them to me from Germany.

Quote from: Freyja on September 22, 2015, 02:16:13 PM

I emailed CHML 900 (50,000 watts) in Hamilton, they currently carry Coast.  I made a point of saying how Art was the original host and I haven't listened to Noory regularly in years, that should get their attention.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: chefist on September 22, 2015, 02:10:13 PM
http://www.southsidepirate.com/

This is the rock station that added MITD!
Woooo Hoo! Great news. Yeah. It seemed to me Classic Rock would be a better fit than right wing nut, old fogie talk radio. And I bet there are more independent Rock stations

TigerLily

This is what he wrote:

Hi xxxxxx,

Have a great afternoon!

This is so great!

TigerLily

Quote from: Northern Nights on September 22, 2015, 03:37:26 PM
I emailed CHML 900 (50,000 watts) in Hamilton, they currently carry Coast.  I made a point of saying how Art was the original host and I haven't listened to Noory regularly in years, that should get their attention.  ;)
Everyone is doing fantastic but I'm.pretty sure Art said in a post or on Facebook not to bother with stations carry C2C. Am I wrong?

Freyja

Quote from: inuk2600 on September 22, 2015, 03:27:51 PM
There is a mention somewhere for exclusivity for first-comers in a given market.

Thanks for responding inuk :)

So what I think we all need to know is as follows:

* what is a given market ( definition and parameters)?
* are there "rights", exclusivity, contracts associated with said "given market" if so, what are they?
* if any parameters exist, what are they? ie am station vs am station or am vs fm station within said market?

Before many of us go out there calling, writing to radio stations, I think it would only be fair to understand what these are both so that we don't waste our time and secondly that we don't look uninformed and stupid by our request.

For example, if a radio station is already airing MITD in a given region/market, is there any point approaching another?

Art/Keith/staff....this question is for one of you to answer, please.

Freyja

Quote from: TigerLily on September 22, 2015, 04:35:06 PM
This is so great!

Thanks....great that I received a response, however not the response itself. Oddly I received it in less than 2 hours after sending my original email.

If there are no "rights" to carry MITD because another station is carrying it, I would like to respond, however I can't until I hear from Art and/or someone in the know from his team.

Freyja

Quote from: TigerLily on September 22, 2015, 04:30:16 PM
Woooo Hoo! Great news. Yeah. It seemed to me Classic Rock would be a better fit than right wing nut, old fogie talk radio. And I bet there are more independent Rock stations

I can't see any classic or other rock stations adding any talk to their schedule here where I am....even Art Bell. Good luck for you guys in trying to get this going in your neck of the woods.

Weirdoradio

This is what he wrote:

Hi xxxxxx,

Have a great afternoon!

CFRB 1010 carries Art's show right now in the GTA. It wouldn't make much sense for 640 to double up on the same programming at the moment.

Hog

I got a reply from a NEWSTALK CFRB 1010AM staff member:

Mike Bendixen   mike.bendixen@bellmedia.ca
Program Director 1010 CFRB

Paul,
Thanks for the feedback I am happy that you are enjoying the show.
Cheers,

Nice to have a reply.

peace
Hog

henge0stone

This is so exciting, long live the Art Bell empire!  8)

Freyja

Quote from: Weirdoradio on September 22, 2015, 06:42:56 PM
CFRB 1010 carries Art's show right now in the GTA. It wouldn't make much sense for 640 to double up on the same programming at the moment.

I understand your point, however CFRB does not have either the power and reach of 640, which is a powerhouse station at 50,000 watts.

I am just east of Toronto and CFRB is unlistenable at night due to reception.

slippingaway

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM
Actually it is big news, we have been content over the last two Months to run our Internet show as is but this move opens the door wide to Radio Stations to pick up the show which is what they have been asking for. It means we come in on the same receiver as every other National show starting Oct 1st.

Congrats, both on this and your first thread opened on your own dedicated fan forum!
Question?  Is all of Dark Matter Radio going to be on the feed, so that perhaps one day OSOM can connect with ya?
Does this mean that the show can go on even during a thunderstorm, or is it still being ported to Kieth in Phoenix first?

Oh and hey, is your PO BOX from years past still valid so I can send this gavel to you for the next installment of "Truth or Trash?" or perhaps your next flatlander discussion?
Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 06:11:18 PM
There would probably be issues with music rights using that.

Jazzy, Crystal hand-delivered that track to Art. I think you would be safe to make it up, and let Art get her consent before you officially post it. It was, quite literally, written about him, much like my other favorite song sent to Art, The Ballad of the Greys.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Freyja on September 22, 2015, 07:17:21 PM
I understand your point, however CFRB does not have either the power and reach of 640, which is a powerhouse station at 50,000 watts.

I am just east of Toronto and CFRB is unlistenable at night due to reception.

In theory CFRB is also a 50,000 watt station that I'm able to pick up all over eastern Ontario when I'm in that part of the world.

Ah the joy and mystery of the way the waves bounce around the air.

Dateline

This may have been discussed, but I need some guidance.  Is there anything wrong with approaching a radio station that currently runs Coast, and seeing if they will switch?  Or, is the game plan to approach the independents for coverage?  Does it matter?  Of course I know that there is dark matter, but on what course of strategy we need to undertake.