• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

Marc.Knight

We should have a GhostGab night this Halloween.  Maybe Art will be hosting a Ghost to Ghost night.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: robin on September 18, 2010, 12:51:04 AM
I know this is going to sound whacked, but here we go..... I attempted suicide when I was 22 (I'm now 44.)  I won't go into the boring details of why I attempted suicide, I'll just explain the "supernatural" part (I put it in quotes because I don't know what else to call it.)
I took approx. 100 sleeping pills with a lot of vodka (and almost died, actually.)  I was hallucinating after a few hours.  But the main part of the story, for this website, is that I was being poked over and over and "taunted"  by very tall "black" "creatures".  (I put "black" in quotations because I don't mean "black" as in African American, I mean "black" as in they were burnt from a fire and their skin was charred.  And I use the term "creatures" because they were quasi-human.  And I mean "taunted" and poked as in I was being tortured by melevolent beings.  And I mean "tall" as in they were maybe 6 or 7 feet tall.  They were also very very skinny.) This really really happened..but was it a hallucination or a real event?  I've always wondered wtf .. .anyway.... do you guys think I went to "hell" and was punished, or what???  I'm so confused.  I'm not Christian, but my family is......was I influenced by their beliefs, or what ?
Wow, after reading this, it sound CRAAAAZY, but it really happened, and, mind you, I have a subscription to Skeptical Inquirer magazine (for the past 3 years).  I'm a skeptical and rational person.  What do you guys think of my experience?

That is scary and really makes you think.  There is just so much that we don't know. 

Regarding most of my paranormal experiences, I have not been under the influence of anything. 

Reading some of the updates on this thread makes me want to duelve even more. 

robin

[
Quote from: robin on September 18, 2010, 01:57:57 AM
...Why will nobody here comment on my beautiful Nathan Thurm avatar?   :P   You people are mad!
You think we didn't notice?  It's so funny that you would think that.

Ha!  That made me smile!  :P

robin

Quote from: MV on September 18, 2010, 01:39:13 AM
I know this is going to sound whacked, but here we go..... I attempted suicide when I was 22 (I'm now 44.)  I won't go into the boring details of why I attempted suicide, I'll just explain the "supernatural" part (I put it in quotes because I don't know what else to call it.)
I took approx. 100 sleeping pills with a lot of vodka (and almost died, actually.)  I was hallucinating after a few hours.  But the main part of the story, for this website, is that I was being poked over and over and "taunted"  by very tall "black" "creatures".  (I put "black" in quotations because I don't mean "black" as in African American, I mean "black" as in they were burnt from a fire and their skin was charred.  And I use the term "creatures" because they were quasi-human.  And I mean "taunted" and poked as in I was being tortured by melevolent beings.  And I mean "tall" as in they were maybe 6 or 7 feet tall.  They were also very very skinny.) This really really happened..but was it a hallucination or a real event?  I've always wondered wtf .. .anyway.... do you guys think I went to "hell" and was punished, or what???  I'm so confused.  I'm not Christian, but my family is......was I influenced by their beliefs, or what ?
Wow, after reading this, it sound CRAAAAZY, but it really happened, and, mind you, I have a subscription to Skeptical Inquirer magazine (for the past 3 years).  I'm a skeptical and rational person.  What do you guys think of my experience?
wow, that certainly is a story.  thanks for sharing it.  there's simply no way to say with any authority what it was you experienced.  do you lean toward believing you were hallucinating?  or do you believe it was more?

let me just say the following: in the course of my life, i have had "encounters" which intimately familiarized me with the hallucinatory experience.  in that state, it can be (and often is) impossible to separate the real world from the chemically generated world.  needless to say, the brain is capable of rendering any number of experiences, some of which are pleasurable, and some of which are not.  obviously, if you were in fact hallucinating, yours would have to lean toward the latter.  for an almost unlimited number of reasons, i hope you were merely hallucinating. 

a very fascinating accounting of your experience... and a troubling one, too.

You asked if I think I was hallucinating or something more.  I honestly don't know if I was hallucinating or if it was me on my way to hell (or whatever).  I'm 50-50 on that.  After all these years, I still don't know.  It seemed real.  I've also hallucinated (did acid in my 20's like an idiot) but this was different.  It wasn't that kind of hallucinating, but it wasn't like a dream/nightmare either.  And I have sleep paralysis, so I know that whole weird feeling too, but it wasn't anything like that kind of scariness/hallucinating either.  So, that's why I'm confused.  It was a seperate experience from anything else I've ever felt. 

Sorry it took so long to get back on this and other topics I've started.  Haven't been feeling good for a couple weeks.  Later........

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: robin on September 27, 2010, 11:37:07 PM
Quote from: MV on September 18, 2010, 01:39:13 AM
wow, that certainly is a story.  thanks for sharing it.  there's simply no way to say with any authority what it was you experienced.  do you lean toward believing you were hallucinating?  or do you believe it was more?

let me just say the following: in the course of my life, i have had "encounters" which intimately familiarized me with the hallucinatory experience.  in that state, it can be (and often is) impossible to separate the real world from the chemically generated world.  needless to say, the brain is capable of rendering any number of experiences, some of which are pleasurable, and some of which are not.  obviously, if you were in fact hallucinating, yours would have to lean toward the latter.  for an almost unlimited number of reasons, i hope you were merely hallucinating. 

a very fascinating accounting of your experience... and a troubling one, too.

You asked if I think I was hallucinating or something more.  I honestly don't know if I was hallucinating or if it was me on my way to hell (or whatever).  I'm 50-50 on that.  After all these years, I still don't know.  It seemed real.  I've also hallucinated (did acid in my 20's like an idiot) but this was different.  It wasn't that kind of hallucinating, but it wasn't like a dream/nightmare either.  And I have sleep paralysis, so I know that whole weird feeling too, but it wasn't anything like that kind of scariness/hallucinating either.  So, that's why I'm confused.  It was a seperate experience from anything else I've ever felt. 

Sorry it took so long to get back on this and other topics I've started.  Haven't been feeling good for a couple weeks.  Later........
no prob. hope you're feeling ok now.

11angeleyes11

I think the topic of Coast tonite is ghosts.  I would never ever call in but I felt like I wanted to record this.  Last nite I had a very, very vivid dream about my grandmother.  I was very close to her.  In the dream, I was talking to her as if she were still alive and in good health.  She appeared younger in the dream, but I was my present age.  I awoke this morning remembering the experience as if it had just happened.

Then, the phone rang.  I did not pick it up thinking it was some type of telemarketing call or someone I really did not want to talk to.  I was getting ready to begin working for the day.  I have caller ID and voicemail, and I have a home office.  I checked to see who had called via voicemail and it was a hang-up.

When I checked the caller ID the name and number that was recorded was Unknown Caller: 000-000-1111. 

Two things stand out and are a little bizarre.  One, the call was made as I awoke from my dream state.  Second, as you can see from my avatar the number 1111 is very prominent to me.  Was it my grandmother trying to continue the conversation through earthly measures?  Maybe. . ..

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on October 15, 2010, 09:37:24 PM
I think the topic of Coast tonite is ghosts.  I would never ever call in but I felt like I wanted to record this.  Last nite I had a very, very vivid dream about my grandmother.  I was very close to her.  In the dream, I was talking to her as if she were still alive and in good health.  She appeared younger in the dream, but I was my present age.  I awoke this morning remembering the experience as if it had just happened.

Then, the phone rang.  I did not pick it up thinking it was some type of telemarketing call or someone I really did not want to talk to.  I was getting ready to begin working for the day.  I have caller ID and voicemail, and I have a home office.  I checked to see who had called via voicemail and it was a hang-up.

When I checked the caller ID the name and number that was recorded was Unknown Caller: 000-000-1111. 

Two things stand out and are a little bizarre.  One, the call was made as I awoke from my dream state.  Second, as you can see from my avatar the number 1111 is very prominent to me.  Was it my grandmother trying to continue the conversation through earthly measures?  Maybe. . ..
I've had several dreams like that involving my deceased great grandmother. I've been struck by the vivid nature of these dreams every time.

b_dubb

when i was 14 i went to visit my great grandmother in the house that she had lived in for 50+ years.  my grandfather had grown up there and all his brothers and sisters.  LOTS of family history.  since she lived three states away, i had never before visited her in this house. 

the house had been converted into apartments and was mostly empty except for the apartment my great grandmother kept downstairs (it was one half of the ground level).  there was another bottom apartment and several bedrooms upstairs that she used to rent out.  all empty now. 

i immediately went upstairs and started exploring.  you know you're going to find all kinds of cool stuff in a house with that much history.  and a few other things you might not expect.

i entered the room directly above my great grandmother's apartment and started nosing around.  there was a bed frame with mattress and a chest of drawers and a dresser.  there was a closet door opposite the entrance.  in the corner.  the room was really spartan.  no drapes.  bed linens.  no carpet.  very empty aside from the furniture i mentioned. 

i started going through a couple of drawers just to see what might be inside.  just some women's magazines and Reader's Digests.  nothing really cool. 

then i was overcome with the overpowering sense that someone was in the room with me.  this sensation was so strong that i began to call out "who's there? is someone there?".  i looked under the bed. under the dresser and chest of drawers.  nothing.  still the presence was there and seemingly growing more 'present' (if that's possible).  it occurred to me that someone might be in the closet.  so i decided i'd have a look.

keep in mind that my heart is pounding.  i was absolutely terrified at the time.  but very, very curious.  so i basically willed myself across the room to the closet. 

imagine my shock when i found that the closet actually ran behind the wall and then made a left hand turn around a corner.  it was practically a walk in hallway.  needless to say i didn't see anyone standing there.  but still ... what or who was around that corner? i crept down the hallway towards where it made a left hand turn around the corner and continued.  i think i may have been still calling out "who's here?  is someone there?" the entire time.  my internal dialogue was being drowned out by the pounding of my heart. 

i got to where the closet made a left hand turn and somehow summoned the courage to keep going.  fully expecting to see some lunatic with eyes like saucers staring back at me, i lurched around the corner.  there was no one there. 

now i'm basically in full on fight or flight mode.  my heart is pounding.  i think i was sweating despite the fact it was winter and the empty portions of the house were basically unheated and cold as a well digger's ass.  i went back out into the bedroom and looked around.  still no one to be seen but the presence was still there. 

i decided i'd had enough and went into a few of the other rooms to see if i could sense something similar.  nothing. 

i went back downstairs and walked into my great grandmother's apartment.  my aunt Margo was there with my Mom and Great Grandma.  she asked me who i'd been talking too upstairs.  in shock, and not knowing how to answer that question, i replied "did someone die in that room?".  they all looked at each other, their mouths handing open, speechless.  i think it was my Aunt Margo that replied "Your Great Grandfather died from cancer in that room".  no one said anything for a good long while. 

i went back into the room later to see if that presence was still there and didn't feel anything.  i never had that sensation again in that house.

but my Aunt Margo and my Mom both remember that.  Great Grandma moved on to the other side some time later.  And that house is no longer in the family. 

my Great Grandfather had a reputation for being strict but fair.  and if he saw a young boy who was up to something he shouldn't be i understand that he would use a right cross to apply attitude adjustment.  i think my experience may have been 'an attitude adjustment'. 

i wonder ... if that house is still standing ... if the occupants ever encounter a strong presence when they're up to something that disagrees with his sense of values

MV/Liberace!

this is more of a memory, not a ghost story.  b_dubb's story made me recall this.

my great grandparents (grandma and grandpa vandeven, as everybody called them) had a similar house.  it was very old, very large, and very snoop-inspiring.  there were hidden areas that were accessible only through a hidden entrance inside a closet.  for a little boy under the age of 5, the temptation to explore was irresistible.

fast forward...

when i was 19, i had a job delivering pizzas.  coincidentally, i delivered a pizza to this house one night, years after my great grandparents had both died.  it was being occupied by some rich girl whose parents BOUGHT HER A HOUSE TO LIVE IN while going to college at southeast missouri state, here in cape girardeau.  i informed her of the house's previous ownership and the fact that i used to be fascinated with the prospect of nosing about the place when i was only 4 or 5.  she invited me in to take a look at the place.  what's remarkable is that the house STILL smelled exactly as i recalled it smelling when i was only a baby.  as i sit here typing this, i can smell it.  strange how the brain is able to remember something as abstract, fluid, and undefined as a smell.

anyway, this girl was almost BEGGING me to assure her that nobody had died in the home.  i desperately wish i could have answered that someone had, because to do so would have been a real hoot.  alas, i'm not able to lie to people.  it's just how i'm wired.  however, my great grandfather almost died there (not that it's necessarily relevant to this story).  i was 4.  he had just been served his dinner in the family room, which he chose to eat sitting in a lazy boy type of chair.  everyone left the room but me, as for some reason, i continued to stand there staring at him as he began to eat.  for whatever reason, almost immediately after he started eating, he stopped, got out of the chair, and fell backwards into the corner.  when you're 90, that doesn't tend to work out too well.  he broke his hip, and died in the hospital about a week later.  i remember that as if it happened yesterday.

b_dubb... as i was making my way through your story about that house, i was totally seeing this old, creepy vandeven house in my mind.  i think most have had experiences with mysterious places like that.

b_dubb

you should have told that rich girl that ... oh no no one DIED here ... plenty of people got murdered here ... but no one just DIED ... they all had lots of help

muhahahahahah

ringthane

I've had numerous experiences but it's interesting that most happened before the age of 6. I've had a recent 'rash' of things happen that have been... unsettling.

One of my first memories is from about 3 yo, around 1972 or so. I was in a deep sleep and awoke with a start, immediately knowing that something wasn't right. I opened my eyes and looked toward my bedroom window. In front of my window was a small child's toy piano, about 2 feet tall, the tuneless kind that go plink-plink-plink. In front of my piano was a small being, about 2 feet tall. Very humanoid, and dressed curiously... formally, as though it was a suit. The visuals coming back to me now are so strong, the otherworldly aspect of this was accentuated by the moonlight from the window bathing the being in this unreal blue hue. It felt neither divine nor malefic. Since I was only 3 I didn't have the psychological vocabulary to process the 'vibe' i felt, but in retrospect I can only describe it as primal/primordial. Simply standing there in silence, watching. I attempted to move but was completely paralyzed. I had one more encounter with this being soon after, and the circumstances were similar -- awoke from a deep sleep, felt something amiss. This time, he (the being definitely had a gender) was in the corner of my room, rotating. It was very odd, rotating slowly like a ballerina on a child's music box. I got the sense this being was in stasis, or 'paused' -- there was no sense of being observed. The being was definitely present, but I just had the feeling it was shut off or in some sort of suspended animation. This time, I was able to run out of bed and into my parents room.

Lots of sleep paralysis, somnabulist, and old hag stuff as a boy. One OBE. By kindergarten, most of this stuff just seemed to stop.

In the early/mid 90s I had an unusual 'waking vision.' This experience was mostly forgotten until the last year or so, which I'll explain later.

Waking vision -- I snapped awake one night, and it caught me off guard as I'm usually a monster/bear when i wake up and it usually takes me at least 30 mins to shake the sleep from my brain. That night it was snapping awake with instant mental focus. Unusual, but i thought nothing of it and laid there in bed, deciding if I should try to force myself asleep or get up and read. With my head on the pillow, I just stared thoughtlessly, staring at the closet door, waiting to get drowsy.

It was then a luminescent triptych appeared in the room. Like a holographic window, split into three panes. In each pane a variation on a vision appeared. I could describe these and the nature of the window, but it's so abstruse/metaphysical it would take a thousand words to even scratch the surface.

To back up a little, I'm blind as a bat, I can't see more than a few feet in front of my nose, beyond that everything is a blur. I woke up, obviously, not wearing my glasses/contacts. This 'vision window' was a few feet beyond the edge of the bed and contained the most maddening amount of detail I've ever experienced. If anyone is familiar with mandelbrot fractals, it was similar to that (not necessarily in appearance, but in concept) -- I could dive into successive level upon level upon level of increasing granularity. The easiest way for me to describe it was a quantum mise en abyme, a recursive droste superstrucure that could be traversed in a hyperdimensional manner that language can't quite describe.

In the following 12 months or so, I had a series of 3 dreams/visions that built upon each other in succession.

And then... nothing. I almost forgot all about it until a few years later when I moved to Arizona and began listening to Bell and heard a Gordon Michael Scallion interview. He described one of his visions as this waking experience of seeing three separate panes of the same event but with 3 possible outcomes. I was floored to the similarity of my experience, but again, I soon forgot about it. Nothing happened. Years pass.

Until now... I've had a recent followup dream/vision. Nothing concrete in terms of specific changes, but I do get a sense of how things will be. Even though it's broad in the sense of a global change, it's very specific and personal that I am not where I need to be. And I don't mean in a metaphorical/spiritual sense, but in a very real and physical 'I need to move to a specific area' of the country. There's a very strong prompting to move to this area within 6-12 months and no later than 18. Doing the math, I've figured I need to be relocated to this new area by -- you guessed it -- early 2012.

Again, this was a dream. Unreal clarity and not dreamlike at all, I only label it as a dream because they've happened to me when I was sleeping. Is it real/valid? I don't know. Does it feel real? Very much so. Should you care? I'm just a faceless stranger on the internet.

On one hand, I don't give the visions and what I saw much thought. I feel like a rationalist with irrational things occurring. But i *am* moving, in 6-12 months.

If I'm wrong, I'll feel like a bit of an asshat. But the feeling will pass, life will go on, and I'll be happy to be wrong (very happy, trust me), still listening to Snoory, just from a different time zone.

Vanhalla

haloedorchid

In June 2008 I had two separate experiences of hearing angels singing. As you've gathered from my username and avatar, I'm interested in angels. I never had an encounter before the singing, though.

It came on very suddenly. I was lying in bed surfing the web when I started hearing this singing from a distance. There weren't instruments. It was just the sound of several voices singing in perfect harmony. The song was very upbeat. It would sometimes go to a slightly slower pace, then pick back up to the original speed. I heard it twice. I knew it wasn't coming from outside, but I still doubted myself and thought maybe it was an auditory hallucination. I remember searching for anything like my experience online but found nothing.

This past summer I asked my husband if during that time he had ever heard anything. I was pretty shocked when he said he heard the same thing. I forgot about it until a Coast to Coast show a few weeks ago, which I believe was hosted by Art Bell, had an open line caller saying she had also heard the voices of an angelic choir singing. She stated it was very loud, however. I was struck because she mentioned it occurred around the same time frame I heard them, but she was located in another state.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: haloedorchid on November 26, 2010, 01:50:37 AM
This past summer I asked my husband if during that time he had ever heard anything. I was pretty shocked when he said he heard the same thing. I forgot about it until a Coast to Coast show a few weeks ago, which I believe was hosted by Art Bell, had an open line caller saying she had also heard the voices of an angelic choir singing. She stated it was very loud, however. I was struck because she mentioned it occurred around the same time frame I heard them, but she was located in another state.
wow.  very strange, indeed.

EvB

In June 2008 I had two separate experiences of hearing angels singing.

Thanks for sharing that story.  Was there anything special going on in your family or neighborhood at the time, or did it seem random?

haloedorchid

Quote from: EvB on November 27, 2010, 10:07:05 PM
In June 2008 I had two separate experiences of hearing angels singing.

Thanks for sharing that story.  Was there anything special going on in your family or neighborhood at the time, or did it seem random?

It was completely random and out of the blue. I had always hoped to see an angel during dark moments in my life, so it was only odd in that I heard the singing during a very calm and uneventful time.

Patty

I have had a similar experience when I was 20.  I was in bed asleep but woke up to what felt like a cats paws walking across my body.  I could not open my eyes or move my body but I was fully awake.  I was terrified and it lasted about 15minutes.   Once I calmed down I was able to open my eyes and move my fingers and then slowly regained the ability to move my muscles.  It was a very strange experience and it has not ever happened again.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Patty on November 29, 2010, 08:47:18 AM
I have had a similar experience when I was 20.  I was in bed asleep but woke up to what felt like a cats paws walking across my body.  I could not open my eyes or move my body but I was fully awake.  I was terrified and it lasted about 15minutes.   Once I calmed down I was able to open my eyes and move my fingers and then slowly regained the ability to move my muscles.  It was a very strange experience and it has not ever happened again.
these sleep paralysis occurrences are fascinating to me.  it's only happened to me once, and i'm not even sure if that's what REALLY happened to me.  i remember seeing an ugly face of an old lady, but i don't know if i saw it with my eyes or in my mind.  my wife experiences sleep paralysis frequently, tho.  in these moments, she is able to open her eyes, but can not move and she sees people walking about the room.  she can't break out of it unless i physically touch her.  however, it seems that in the time we've been married, these occurrences have dramatically decreased in frequency.

welcome to the forums, patty!

haloedorchid

My husband also has sleep paralysis occasionally and he says it feels like he is going to have a heart attack but he can only move the tips of his fingers. I've never experienced anything like that, thank God, and knock on wood.

My brother also experiences it sometimes. The last time he told me about one of his experiences, he said he woke up frozen and saw a huge shadow person at the foot of his bed. The shadow person then OPENED the bedroom door and walked out. It gives me chills just imagining it.

Both of them say the paralysis usually happens if they're sleeping on their backs -- is that how you were sleeping, Patty? Or your wife, MV?

ringthane

I had sleep paralysis numerous times as a kid; I'd say the episodes ended around age 8-10. I've heard that sleep paralysis is 'normal' when you're young and people tend to grow out of it.

The descriptions here are pretty much what I experienced. It was terrifying at first and caused an extreme amount of anxiety. I eventually got used to it and tried to 'fight' it,and would begin by trying to move one finger at a time. Usually, after minutes of effort, i would be able to move a single fingertip and eventually be able to regain control and full movement within 30 minutes or so.

From what little I've read, I've sorta formed my own theory that we're waking up while the brain is shifting gears... i think it my be an evolutionary/protective mechanism so we're not flopping around in our sleep and physically harming ourselves.

i had one creepy/paranormal experience as a kid during sleep paralysis and it was the most f*cked up, terrifying thing I've ever experienced. ::shudder:: Thanks god i don't have t put up with it anymore, i used to hate going to sleep because of it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: haloedorchid on December 01, 2010, 12:23:21 AM
Both of them say the paralysis usually happens if they're sleeping on their backs -- is that how you were sleeping, Patty? Or your wife, MV?
she sleeps basically in every imaginable position... but i'll bet she was on her side.

haloedorchid

Quote from: ringthane on December 01, 2010, 04:18:17 AMi had one creepy/paranormal experience as a kid during sleep paralysis and it was the most f*cked up, terrifying thing I've ever experienced. ::shudder:: Thanks god i don't have t put up with it anymore, i used to hate going to sleep because of it.

Like Ian Punnett would say.. are you going to unpack that? I'm intrigued.

ringthane

Quote from: haloedorchid on December 02, 2010, 12:21:43 AM
Quote from: ringthane on December 01, 2010, 04:18:17 AMi had one creepy/paranormal experience as a kid during sleep paralysis and it was the most f*cked up, terrifying thing I've ever experienced. ::shudder:: Thanks god i don't have t put up with it anymore, i used to hate going to sleep because of it.

Like Ian Punnett would say.. are you going to unpack that? I'm intrigued.

I had had two sleep paralysis experiences where I awoke to find an entity in my room. The bad one however was awaking, paralyzed, and being tugged on from underneath the bed, as though something was trying to pull me under.

I had the distinct impression I was being toyed with and that if 'it' had wanted to pull me beneath the bed it could've easily done so. I wouldn't classify it as malevolent, but I would rank it a notch or two above 'trickster'. It was not a fun experience.

A friend of a friend related a story to me that was intriguing. She was young, early 20s at the time, and had fallen suddenly ill and was not in good shape. I don't recall the circumstances, but she did not go to the hospital despite the situation be somewhat dicey. she came down with a fever and was coming in and out of consciousness over the course of a weekend.

During one of her lucid phases, she 'came to' with sense of numerous beings near or in the bed with her. She opened her eyes and saw over a dozen little beings skittering about/over/around her body. They were approx. 4 inches tall. She was startled but not afraid and asked them telepathically what they were doing, why they were there. They told her she was gravely ill and they were there to heal her. She sensed a growing, glowing sphere of light around her and immediately went out.

She awoke a day later, had lost some weight and felt physically exhausted but was perfectly 'fine'. I don't recall the nature of the illness but she was adamant that despite her febrile state that what she saw was real and did not hallucinate the experience.

I was told this story 12 years ago and there are quite a few details I'm forgetting, such as the physical description of these beings and exactly what they were doing to her before the light knocked her out.

MV/Liberace!

hey ringthane... why did u remove the url to your photography?  it was pretty sweet.

ringthane

Wasn't sure if it was too self-promotional/douche-baggy. Plus I haven't shot in close to a month, so the lack of viewfinder time makes me a sad bear. Awww, he said sad bear.

haloedorchid

Wow, thanks for sharing those stories. How frightening for you to experience that, especially as a child. I also really liked the one you told about your friend. I've never heard anything like that before.

When my brother (the same one who has sleep paralysis and sees shadow people) was about 4, he saw what he described as the devil looking in his bedroom window. He screamed bloody murder and ran to my parents room. He insisted on moving in with me and never stepped foot in that room again. Looking back, my mom thinks it was probably a man peeping through the window, but I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did see some malevolent being. It doesn't seem very uncommon in children.

I can't even imagine how someone would cope with that, or with what you described. Have you ever seen a shadow person?

ringthane

Quote from: haloedorchid on December 03, 2010, 04:35:24 AM
Wow, thanks for sharing those stories. How frightening for you to experience that, especially as a child. I also really liked the one you told about your friend. I've never heard anything like that before.

When my brother (the same one who has sleep paralysis and sees shadow people) was about 4, he saw what he described as the devil looking in his bedroom window. He screamed bloody murder and ran to my parents room. He insisted on moving in with me and never stepped foot in that room again. Looking back, my mom thinks it was probably a man peeping through the window, but I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did see some malevolent being. It doesn't seem very uncommon in children.

I can't even imagine how someone would cope with that, or with what you described. Have you ever seen a shadow person?

The thing that gets me is that people will chalk up most things to 'a child's imagination' but I find that when a kid uses their imagination it's to fill in a vacuum/void, not to confuse/conflate/embellish.

Any entities I witnessed were straight on, full detail experiences, no fleeting/peripheral shadow people from the corner of the eye. Unfortunately.

code9

I had a series of Ouija board sessions (along with two other people) that included automatic writing and automatic drawing. As Ouija stories go this has to be one for the books. It's so long and involved that I can't post it here. I had to break it up into a 7-part article called "Ouija Calling ET: Do You Copy?". Part-1 is here: http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewarticle.asp?AuthorID=66306&id=33488 and the page links to the other parts are listed near the top of the page. But here's the intro:

The following is a true story about a series of Ouija board sessions which began much like many Ouija stories, recounting tales of communication with the spirits of the dearly â€" and some not-so-dearly â€" departed souls. This story, however, took a most unexpected turn when a list of strange words began to appear and suddenly the three participants â€" of which this author was one â€" found themselves fully immersed in a series of communications with ETs. Not dead, dearly departed ETs, mind you. No. These ETs were quite alive and well â€" thank you - living on a planet called Grek-5 in a dimension they described as being “…in your future time.” Sound strange? Improbable? Impossible? Unbelievable? Or was it all something quite different than what it appeared to be? Here’s Part-1 of the story. Decide for yourself.

At the end of Part-7 I included some "Notes". They provide some interesting additional aspects to the story. I'll post these Notes below. The references to "Guro Spector" are referring to the name of one of the alleged ETs that we were supposedly in contact with. The references to "GREK-5" are referring to the name of the planet where these ETs were supposedly from.

NOTES:

1. In 1993 I was introduced to a series of books known as THE EARTH CHRONICLES by Zecharia Sitchen. These books reveal a story about the beginnings of this planet and human creation which is radically different than anything we are taught in school or in our churches. The information is gleaned from many years of painstaking research into the writings of ancient Sumeria. Of particular interest, here, is the fact that the ancient Sumerian writings tell a story regarding the formation of the planet earth which is remarkably similar to the story described to us by Guro Spector, albeit much more involved. Perhaps this is simply coincidence. On the other hand, maybe Guro Spector was imparting to us the story as it has passed down to them just as the Sumerians told the story in the version as it was passed down to the people of their time. In which case, while neither story may be entirely correct, both may stem from the same actual event. In any case, it's an interesting bit of synchronicity.

2. Regarding the idea of building a spaceship with the mind, there is an ancient concept known as the Merkaba. In essence, the idea is this: through the proper use of the mind in a certain meditative state, one can create around oneself an energy field which, among other things, can be used as a vehicle to move one through time and space. The concept, some believe, was introduced to ancient earth civilizations from extraterrestrial beings. Again, is it just coincidence or is it related to what Guro Spector was suggesting; that we could create a spaceship with our minds?

3. In reference to the idea of the number "2" as "mind", I discovered something quite similar in the Glossary section of J. J. Hurtak's book, The Book Of Knowledge: The Keys Of Enoch. The Glossary entry reads:

"Mind-2 - A second world of consciousness development, preceding the world of physical form. A second world of 'advanced intelligence', as an Overself governor connecting the planetary mind-body complex with the functions of the Universal Mind. Mind-2 works considerably faster than mind-1 and interconnects with numerous entities, within the greater universe."

It’s interesting to note Hurtak's book was published in 1977, ten years after our Grek-5 experience. Hurtak claims the information related in his 560-page book was given to him by a being who appeared to him while he was in the act of prayer. This being, he says, glowed with divine light and announced that he was Master Ophanim Enoch. Enoch then took Hurtak on a physical journey to the various star systems within our galaxy. I found this mention of the Mind-2 concept in Hurtak’s book to be either extremely coincidental or significantly synchronistic.
  ;)

mib12890

I've had numerous sleep paralysis occurrences happen to me.  It used to happen almost every night.  The thing is, the phenomena started happening at a certain point, at least that I can remember; that was me being struck, or hit by a lightning strike. To preface this whole thing, I'd like to set some outer details.

One day it was storming outside.  I was just the typical young teen/nerd playing on his computer, when out of nowhere I see this blue arc that hits my left arm just below the palm of my hand. At the same time, I hear a loud pop of thunder and see a picture, and other things that were hung on the wall above my desk, fall down off of the wall; next was followed by the ruckus of my parents and I realizing that a huge tree just feet from my room was hit by the lightning.  This is the earliest point I remember the sleep paralysis starting.

Okay, now onto the actual paralysis experience itself.  I always "wake up" first thinking everything is normal, I then feel a overwhelming feeling of terror and horror, followed by the realization of not being able to move whatsoever.  I can sense this entity, which I can only describe as a black humanly shaped creature.  It has no facial features, just maybe eyes. The entity isn't as tall as a regular person.  It is always right beside me at the edge of my bed, while I'm trying to escape and get up and screaming towards the hallway.  I scream louder and louder to no avail. The shriek of terror I feel is just amazingly strong during this experience.  My room is always laid out the same way it used to be during this experience, because my bed is up against the wall on one side and the entity is beside the bed on the other.

Anyway, that's my experience.  It used to happen nightly, but it hasn't happened in a few months up until now.

haloedorchid

This isn't my experience, but my sister's. I only just recently found out she was into the paranormal when she told me a few weeks ago about some odd occurrences around her apartment. I asked her if she's ever seen a shadow person and she responded with this:

A month ago I saw two shadow men that always tried to talk to me and hide from me. Like it was a game. They would try to convince me that the other was the bad one. It was kinda funny.... One hid behind my curtains and moved them. It always happens when I wake up in the middle of the night. The night when one hid behind the curtain, when I woke up the curtain was pushed back like someone did it on purpose. They tried to be mysterious and secretive but they always communicated in actual voices I could hear. They wore cloaks and hats like detectives from back in the day. They always babble and tell me the other one is bad, that's the recurring theme. They would point at one another and be enthusiastic. I was never scared, just mesmerized. I was only terrified when the one hid in the curtain. I was paralyzed.

I asked if she ever attempted to cast them out and she said she read the Bible once aloud in an effort to do so, but that was too eerie so she stopped.