• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Israel or Iran?

Started by ziznak, October 24, 2012, 04:28:49 AM

ziznak

just like the subject.... which do you prefer? niether? one or the other and why?

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on October 24, 2012, 04:28:49 AM
just like the subject.... which do you prefer? niether? one or the other and why?

Both are governments based on religious delusions... fuck em.

Sardondi

Except one is a rock-solid democracy and has overall proved a valuable ally; and the other repeatedly threatens to unleash nuclear war on us. Hmmm, so hard to choose....

BobGrau

Well, I'm sure God will sort it out.

Pragmier

Well let's see Israel has had nuclear weapons for decades and how many countries have they used it on? MUSLIM neighbors are more concerned with Iran's aspirations than with Israel's - that should tell you sumtin'. And by 'concerned' I mean terrified.

Sardondi

Then by all means let's twiddle our thumbs until, golly, there's just not any way for us to stop Iran from doing whatever they wish.

BobGrau

Nah, let's sell weapons to each side and then act shocked when they use them.

stevesh

I'd like to see their respective Gods duke it out.

Blinko

Quote from: Sardondi on October 24, 2012, 06:55:07 AM
Except one is a rock-solid democracy and has overall proved a valuable ally; and the other repeatedly threatens to unleash nuclear war on us. Hmmm, so hard to choose....

Blinko

Quote from: BobGrau on October 24, 2012, 09:20:37 AM
Nah, let's sell weapons to each side and then act shocked when they use them.

We've been doing this for Decades

My choice is neither.

We should however stop Iran from producing nuclear weapons. We should also demand India, Israel and Pakistan completely disarm.

Pragmier

Quote from: stevesh on October 24, 2012, 09:59:12 AM
I'd like to see their respective Gods duke it out.

Isn't it incredible how 3 peoples can believe in the same god and come up with so many reasons to hate each other.

BobGrau

Quote from: Blinko on October 24, 2012, 10:11:56 AM
We've been doing this for Decades

My choice is neither.

We should however stop Iran from producing nuclear weapons. We should also demand India, Israel and Pakistan completely disarm.

Devil's advocate here: should 'they' have a similar view towards 'us'? Or is only the enlightened, completely non-religious and utterly trustworthy West justified in taking such action?

BobGrau

Quote from: Pragmier on October 24, 2012, 10:14:44 AM
Isn't it incredible how 3 peoples can believe in the same god and come up with so many reasons to hate each other.

Mysterious ways...

Blinko

Quote from: BobGrau on October 24, 2012, 10:52:27 AM

Devil's advocate here: should 'they' have a similar view towards 'us'? Or is only the enlightened, completely non-religious and utterly trustworthy West justified in taking such action?

Of course they should have the same view toward us , meaning that they should demand we disarm as well. There is no reason for anyone to have nukes, the U.S. included.

Also , why add in all this  to the argument " Or is only the enlightened, completely non-religious and utterly trustworthy " Do I have to address who is trustworhy , religious blah blah blah....

Why not just say the West.

As far as taking such action? What action? Do you mean War ?

I dont think either side is justified in starting wars...

BobGrau

Quote from: Blinko on October 24, 2012, 12:52:10 PM

Also , why add in all this  to the argument " Or is only the enlightened, completely non-religious and utterly trustworthy " Do I have to address who is trustworhy , religious blah blah blah....

Why not just say the West.

I was just being mouthy.

BobGrau

Quote from: Blinko on October 24, 2012, 12:52:10 PM

As far as taking such action? What action? Do you mean War ?

Problem is, "not allowing" Iran to have nuclear weapons pretty much means war, sooner or later.

Blinko

Quote from: BobGrau on October 24, 2012, 05:36:18 PM

Problem is, "not allowing" Iran to have nuclear weapons pretty much means war, sooner or later.

I think the whole idea about Iran really pursuing nuclear weapons is dubious. They've stated they are intent on  furthering nuclear power, they have petitioned the U.N. for rationed amounts of fissile material ( rejected by the U.S. if I recall correctly) and if you apply simple logic is seems absurd that they would engage in any kind of nuclear assault.

Israel alone could decimate Iran before they get their first rocket off thereby sending the entire country back to the stone age . Why risk it?

Because they are crazy?

Maybe. Maybe the leadership is.

But the people aren't and I will never be convinced otherwise. I believe the people at large in any country are essentially no different than us. Meaning that their main concern is to just get by , put food on the table , make some life for themselves. But unfortunately find themselves embroiled in geo-politics and may have to pay the cost if we strike. Which sucks.

Ultimately yes, if diplomacy fails, sanctions fail , international pressure fails and they are really intent on creating nuclear weapons then we should stop them using force if necessary.

But I believe that force should be carried out with the full consent of a community of nations that stand confidently with us and should be executed with the U.N. at the lead.

Given the Iraq debacle and the WMD that werent there we should be very cautious that we act with just cause.

Also , is there any citation of Iran threatening us with Nuclear war? I've not seen that one. If it exists please link it. I'm well aware of the statements made against Israel , but havent seen the one about nuclear war against us.

I do recall the recent threat about firing missiles on our nearby bases if Israel attacks, is that the reference?

Blinko

Quote from: BobGrau on October 24, 2012, 07:27:24 AM
Well, I'm sure God will sort it out.

imo , God will most assuredly not sort it out.

God has granted us free will , and rightfully so . Because only through free will do we prove our worth. It is an expression of respect and love that God allows us choice.

Without choice there would be no point to any of this, he could have created us as perfect beings from the beginning and that would be the end of it.

And we would be automatons.

We must endure these trials and make the choices we will.

Because ....as has been said.

The faith of the righteous is forged in the fires of doubt.

Don't mean to pick on you with the quotes but you do inspire my retort.

Sardondi

Quote from: Blinko on October 24, 2012, 11:46:53 PM
imo , God will most assuredly not sort it out.

God has granted us free will , and rightfully so . Because only through free will do we prove our worth. It is an expression of respect and love that God allows us choice.

Without choice there would be no point to any of this, he could have created us as perfect beings from the beginning and that would be the end of it.

And we would be automatons.

We must endure these trials and make the choices we will.

Because ....as has been said.

The faith of the righteous is forged in the fires of doubt.

Don't mean to pick on you with the quotes but you do inspire my retort.

BobGrau, you want to tell hijm, or do you want me to?

BobGrau

Quote from: Sardondi on October 25, 2012, 12:39:01 PM
BobGrau, you want to tell hijm, or do you want me to?

Uh, ok... I'm a transvestite with a fetish for used plasters.

(why would blinko need to know that?)

b_dubb

once you get past their respective governments they're both ok.  but then both governments are basically horrible

Sardondi

Quote from: Blinko on October 25, 2012, 01:06:01 PM
Tell me please
Spanking BobGrau is a blue-on-blue event. He's on your team, and was being sarcastic. 

b_dubb

what happened to FrysGirl? 

Sardondi

Quote from: b_dubb on October 25, 2012, 02:15:27 PM
what happened to FrysGirl?

My money is on her head exploding.

BobGrau

Quote from: Sardondi on October 25, 2012, 02:11:09 PM
Spanking BobGrau is a blue-on-blue event. He's on your team, and was being sarcastic.

Not sure which team that would be... my overall attitude to the world is one of giggling despair. It's the only way that makes sense. Luckily, I long ago decided not to invest my children in this doomed franchise, so I can watch it all go to hell with a clear conscience.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on October 25, 2012, 02:11:09 PM
a blue-on-blue event
What is the 1971 AL Cy Young winner reviewing the Joni Mitchell album from the same year?

Pragmier

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 25, 2012, 03:02:48 PM
        What is the 1971 AL Cy Young winner reviewing the Joni Mitchell album from the same year?