• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Guns

Started by Caruthers612, July 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: JesusJuice is dying on January 02, 2017, 03:44:10 AM
Guns and gun laws aren't the problem in Chicago. Black people are.

It's too bad you can't kill death with a gun. Sorry to hear about your dying. Any chance of a recovery?

Uncle Duke

I think I told  this story at the time, but three seasons ago we went to Chicago for a college football weekend.  Having heard about the strict guns laws there, I decided to call ahead and get the scoop on what I could and couldn't do with my conceal carry weapon. Worst case would have been to leave the gun at home, but I figured I could comply with local law as long as I understood it.

I started with the office of the Attorney General, who in turn sent me to the Illinois State Police.  Although they were very polite, they recommended I call Chicago PD since the city's laws were stricter than the state and the bulk of our time was to be spent in Chicago.   After being transfered a couple times within CPD, I was told to call the Prosecutor's Office.  After being put on hold for several minutes there, a different person came on the line and gave me an acronym  and a number to call.

I had trouble understanding the young woman who answered the call, and had to ask her twice to repeat both her name and organization she was representing.   Turns out I had been sent to some non-governmental, anti-gun community action group.  Before I could finish my first question, Sheniqua went into a rant about me and my guns not being welcome, telling me the crazy gun laws of other states were responsible for all Chicago's gun violence issues since they allowed guns to be made available in the city.  When she stopped to take a breath, I asked if I could talk to someone who spoke English and could speak factually and objectively about gun laws in the city.  She hung up on me after saying, "FUCK YOU".

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 02, 2017, 01:20:27 PM

I think I told  this story at the time, but three seasons ago we went to Chicago for a college football weekend.  Having heard about the strict guns laws there, I decided to call ahead and get the scoop on what I could and couldn't do with my conceal carry weapon. Worst case would have been to leave the gun at home, but I figured I could comply with local law as long as I understood it.

I started with the office of the Attorney General, who in turn sent me to the Illinois State Police.  Although they were very polite, they recommended I call Chicago PD since the city's laws were stricter than the state and the bulk of our time was to be spent in Chicago.   After being transfered a couple times within CPD, I was told to call the Prosecutor's Office.  After being put on hold for several minutes there, a different person came on the line and gave me an acronym  and a number to call.

I had trouble understanding the young woman who answered the call, and had to ask her twice to repeat both her name and organization she was representing.   Turns out I had been sent to some non-governmental, anti-gun community action group.  Before I could finish my first question, Sheniqua went into a rant about me and my guns not being welcome, telling me the crazy gun laws of other states were responsible for all Chicago's gun violence issues since they allowed guns to be made available in the city.  When she stopped to take a breath, I asked if I could talk to someone who spoke English and could speak factually and objectively about gun laws in the city.  She hung up on me after saying, "FUCK YOU".
Wow. You get credit for trying. I would assume not to bring a gun to Chicago (or even just go there.) Besides the crime there one would also risk getting shot by a cop if he saw it, they are pretty tigger-happy there also, or just being prosecuted and finding yourself locked up with "youths" in an awful jail cell, or worse, even Illinois state prison.

What makes your story worse is that it is most likely that whatever Community Anti-Gun Action Group Sheniqua works for gets money from the tax-payers either locally or through some Federal grant.

mikuthing01

If you live in Illinois and have a CCW permit you can carry in Chicago if you are from out of state you are fucked.

I'd bring the gun but not be obvious about it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 02, 2017, 01:54:34 PM
I'd bring the gun but not be obvious about it.

Oh, I took the gun. Though "Ohioians for Concealed Carry" I was put in touch with a similar group in Illinois.  They referred me to a couple of their members, a recently retired deputy sheriff and a former prosecutor then in private practice as a criminal defense lawyer.  Both men were very helpful, the deputy telling me how to carry/store the gun in the car and while in our hotel, the attorney advising on things to say/not say if I had dealings with the police.  He also gave me the personal cell numbers of two like minded attorneys in the vicinity of our stay in the event I needed legal counsel.

Bottom line, before entering the state I stored my unloaded gun (no magazines) in my locked gun safe in my locked trunk, and locked loaded magazines in my glove box.  In my hotel room, the loaded gun was on my nightstand. As in most cases, I had no need to use the gun nor did I have any interaction with local law enforcement.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 02, 2017, 02:38:51 PM
In my hotel room, the loaded gun was on my nightstand.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: mikuthing01 on January 02, 2017, 01:48:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbInqbg8XP4

Maybe the next election will turn on which party is the better armed.  Works for me.   ;)

Robert

You sure the Negativland video is anti-gun?

Quote from: Robert on January 03, 2017, 10:27:32 PM
You sure the Negativland video is anti-gun?

Well, real assassinations and suicides were interspersed with the cowboy stuff.  I remember the suicide that was in that video.  A local Pennsylvania politician who was resigning due to scandal I think.  I saw it live on tv.  Traumatized me for a bit. The message that I got from the video was that guns look like fun but nothing good comes from then.

mikuthing01

This video is hilarious it's a spoof of the double rainbow video. It's about the Chinese PolyTech Double Underfolder meaning that it has a underfolding stock and spike bayonet. It was banned from import by full blown AIDS patient Bill Clinton and now rare and expensive now because of it so you don't see them that often and when you do $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fneYBPTKrDA

According to the Washington Post, a .22 LR is now a high-powered semi-automatic rifle. ROTF!!

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/10/washington-post-reporter-doubles-down-on-fake-news-about-guns/

Art_s Farts

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 10, 2017, 03:29:49 PM
According to the Washington Post, a .22 LR is now a high-powered semi-automatic rifle. ROTF!!

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/10/washington-post-reporter-doubles-down-on-fake-news-about-guns/

My Browning Buck Mark rifle actually is a semi-auto. Not exactly high-powered though.

Taaroa

A guy drove his car into a crowd in Melbourne, Australia killing at least 4.  The guy making the tweet below is a federal libertarian senator:

https://twitter.com/DavidLeyonhjelm/status/822275984711745536
https://twitter.com/DavidLeyonhjelm/status/822320128532488192

the_Stranger

I didn't watch the video, but since 21st Century Man mentioned the real footage I will assume it is the 2nd song titled "Now". The Guns EP was released after U2's label sued Negativland over the EP of the same name. The first song/video, "Then", had lots of footage from old westerns. The 2nd one, "Now" had the real graphic stuff.
I only remember this because I used to follow most of the artists that were on SST back in the day.

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd3-vAAlyko

"I'll take 'Reasons To Respond To Commands Like "Halt"' for $400, Alex."

Caruthers612

Noticing the thread title "Guns..." I decided to check this thread out and see what it was about. Turns out I started it, six and a half years ago. Hooda thunkit. Guess there were one or two other members interested in the subject too. ;-) Anyway, that's a reminder of how long it's been since I dun used this here site. Now, back to gun discussion. Based on the recent rise in both the frequency and violence of rioting in America, are any of you considering buying a gun (or several) as part of a preparedness type deal? Asking for a friend.

Luka Megurine

Quote from: Caruthers612 on January 22, 2017, 10:49:45 PM
      Noticing the thread title "Guns..." I decided to check this thread out and see what it was about. Turns out I started it, six and a half years ago. Hooda thunkit. Guess there were one or two other members interested in the subject too. ;-) Anyway, that's a reminder of how long it's been since I dun used this here site. Now, back to gun discussion. Based on the recent rise in both the frequency and violence of rioting in America, are any of you considering buying a gun (or several) as part of a preparedness type deal? Asking for a friend.

been there done that ~desu

GravitySucks

Quote from: Caruthers612 on January 22, 2017, 10:49:45 PM

I have come to the realization that I have too many. I want to downsize/simplify everything in my life and the number of weapons and ammo cans is becoming an obstacle which is hard to work around.

Luka Megurine

I made the mistake of buying and building to many AR15's and i regret it now that the bottom fell out of the market. I should have diversified my collection better I'd like to have a Steyr AUG even though they look like ass. I really want an AR180 but that will probably never happen, part of me wants a Galil (((but i just cant bring myself to do that))).

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 22, 2017, 11:06:47 PM
I have too many. I want to downsize/simplify everything in my life and the number of

You're fine. Do some geocaching. It's fun.