• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

Taco Bell

Great game, the whole weekend was kick ass.
Scott winning the MVP...big f off to the league brass.

akwilly

Quote from: Taco Bell on January 31, 2016, 07:30:54 PM
Great game, the whole weekend was kick ass.
Scott winning the MVP...big f off to the league brass.
damn I missed the game. Did Scott do anything to merit mvp or was it a fan vote?

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on January 31, 2016, 09:07:01 PM
damn I missed the game. Did Scott do anything to merit mvp or was it a fan vote?

Scored 2 goals in the first game (was the first to score in the pacific/central game), had a "fight" with Kane, and actually laid a hit on Kane as well that lead to Scott on a breakaway which was blocked. Crowd was behind him all the way.

His game helmet is going to hockey hall of fame apparently.

The second game had a lot of tight saves and felt more like a real game.

akwilly

Quote from: Taco Bell on January 31, 2016, 09:20:41 PM
Scored 2 goals in the first game (was the first to score in the pacific/central game), had a "fight" with Kane, and actually laid a hit on Kane as well that lead to Scott on a breakaway which was blocked. Crowd was behind him all the way.

His game helmet is going to hockey hall of fame apparently.

The second game had a lot of tight saves and felt more like a real game.
thanks. Mad I missed it. NHL is the best alstar sporting event by far

ksm32

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2016, 01:50:32 PM
Caps/Ducks game postponed due to snow. I'm sure our Canadian friends in the Great White North are laughing.

LOL.

Actually no, we're not laughing. That snow meant one less game, and I like the Ducks.

KMKMKM

Quote from: Taco Bell on January 28, 2016, 02:34:12 PM
A good read from John Scott about his life of playing and the All Star Game fiasco

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

This is such a bummer, but it was great to see him get MVP(well-deserved).

Anyways, Wild fan checking in.  Didn't realize we had an NHL thread  8)

ShayP

Looks like Crosby woke up from his coma. ::)   Maybe the Pens have a chance.  Sullivan seems like a good hire so far.  8)

Taco Bell

Can't believe how Chicago played like garbage.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taco Bell on February 21, 2016, 08:11:45 PM
Can't believe how Chicago played like garbage.

Yeah. I'm a Hawks fan. They sucked.

akwilly

Even though it was 6-1 freaking doc emerick makes me watch till its over. He is so freaking good at his job!

GravitySucks

Quote from: akwilly on February 21, 2016, 08:18:51 PM
Even though it was 6-1 freaking doc emerick makes me watch till its over. He is so freaking good at his job!

He does do a good job. We had a guy in Chicago when I was a kid named Lloyd Pettit. He broadcast all of the home games on radio... I always thought he was the greatest. Here is a video tribute I found that has him calling some famous moments in games.

http://youtu.be/JsXYB0qYyvM

akwilly

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 21, 2016, 08:23:20 PM
He does do a good job. We had a guy in Chicago when I was a kid named Lloyd Pettit. He broadcast all of the home games on radio... I always thought he was the greatest. Here is a video tribute I found that has him calling some famous moments in games.

http://youtu.be/JsXYB0qYyvM
awesome! It is amazing how the guy doing the play by play can elevate an event and make it must watch regardless of the actual game or outcome.

GravitySucks

Quote from: akwilly on February 21, 2016, 08:39:57 PM
awesome! It is amazing how the guy doing the play by play can elevate an event and make it must watch regardless of the actual game or outcome.

He was the sidekick for Jack Brickhouse doing the Cubs games. He would be his sidekick during the game and then do 1 or 2 innings during the game to give Jack a break. But hockey was his forte.

akwilly

In my opinion doing the call for a NASCAR race would be the hardest because of the lack of action and length of races. But calling a hockey game takes the most skill. Hell just getting the names right is a skill unto its self. Doc transitions between the play by play to talking about something that happened years ago and does it seamless. Trostol has said that Doc used to be better, I wish I would listened to him in the past if what he says is true.

Taco Bell

Did anyone catch the alumni game? So many names I've nearly forgotten about.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taco Bell on February 21, 2016, 10:23:12 PM

I didn't. I was watching the Daytona 500 and only DVRd the actual game. Which sucked.

cweb

Quote from: Taco Bell on February 21, 2016, 10:23:12 PM
I caught the final period. Bunch of old guys grunting about their knees.

Still, fun to watch. Waite had a nice save on Modano nearing the end.

trostol

so yeah..pretty sure now Chicago will win another cup

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on February 25, 2016, 07:07:02 PM
so yeah..pretty sure now Chicago will win another cup
Chicago is at 5-1 to win the cup. Washington 4-1. If I had to bet I would take Pitt at 33-1

cweb

Trade deadline approaching, but more importantly teams are trying to tank again.

On one of the Canadian stations this morning, the gents were saying how they'd be physically sick if Edmonton wins the lottery again. I think we all would. Though Auston Matthews to the Leafs would be quite nauseating as well.

akwilly

Anyone know a reason I shouldn't lay 130 on Anaheim tonight or a reason not to take the over 5 total goals?

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on February 26, 2016, 08:18:39 PM
Anyone know a reason I shouldn't lay 130 on Anaheim tonight or a reason not to take the over 5 total goals?

Good thing ya didn't go with the over.

Hawks stacking the team with these trades, plan the parade.

GravitySucks

Quote from: akwilly on February 26, 2016, 08:18:39 PM

Because only 3 goals will be scored.

akwilly

Notre Dame vs bosten Univ fixing to start. Looks like a lot of empty seats

cweb

Quote from: Taco Bell on February 27, 2016, 04:06:26 PM
Hawks stacking the team with these trades, plan the parade.
Seriously. Stan Bowman has activated God Mode. By the time he's done we might be looking at the 2001 Avalanche.

trostol

looks like a lot of trades the last couple days

looks like i am going blinded with this coverage of the Avs-Wings game

gabrielle

Quote from: cweb on February 27, 2016, 06:49:46 PM
Seriously. Stan Bowman has activated God Mode. By the time he's done we might be looking at the 2001 Avalanche.

OMG that is funny!!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: cweb on February 27, 2016, 06:49:46 PM

I told you. We are going to have to build a wall on the northern boarder when the Hawks repeat. I sure looked silly with my beard last year though. And my daughter is still pissed that I have an NHL playoff beard in all of her graduation pictures.

gabrielle

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 27, 2016, 07:58:30 PM
I told you. We are going to have to build a wall on the northern boarder when the Hawks repeat. I sure looked silly with my beard last year though. And my daughter is still pissed that I have an NHL playoff beard in all of her graduation pictures.

Most canucks are in Florida anyways, no?

Are you going to grow the beard again this year?

Taco Bell

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 27, 2016, 07:58:30 PM

That's why I just keep the beard year round