• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151110 - Jim Elvidge - Digital Simulated Reality - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 10, 2015, 04:40:50 PM

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 11, 2015, 01:15:29 AM
You know, Japan is home to a bunch of monkeys that sit around in a hot spring all day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigokudani_Monkey_Park
Yeah. There used to be a hundred. Now there's a hundred and one  ;)

maren

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on November 11, 2015, 01:14:25 AM
Bullstool! Fuck Ramtha. And his little dog David Wilcock, too.

I thought he said "Ra" -- as in the Sun God.  If he did say Ramtha and this guest hadn't heard of him, shows how meh Ramtha is these days.  The higher they climb....

Juan Cena

Quote from: bateman on November 11, 2015, 01:08:10 AM
Is this guy calling from a monkey house?

That sounds like an idea for a Japanese reality show.

Monkey House: Twelve contestants locked in a living space filled with monkeys...with or without diapers.

ZomZom

I remember the question of reincarnation as an explanation for homosexuality being raised on the Mike Douglas show in the 70s.  Not the only topic to make that journey from Mike Douglas' show to Art's show.

Zzzzillion

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 11, 2015, 01:15:40 AM
Dick's going to pay a lawyer?

I'm a lawyer and I'd defend that suit pro bono. In fact, I'd pay good money to get a chance at taking Hoagland's deposition. Man would that be fun.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 01:16:41 AM
I thought he said "Ra" -- as in the Sun God.  If he did say Ramtha and this guest hadn't heard of him, shows how meh Ramtha is these days.  The higher they climb....
I think he truncated the name intentionally (his description matched perfectly) as to avoid the wrath of Art.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 11, 2015, 01:17:57 AM
I'm a lawyer and I'd defend that suit pro bono. In fact, I'd pay good money to get a chance at taking Hoagland's deposition. Man would that be fun.
Ok. But I get to video tape it. Lol.

Coffeeman

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 11, 2015, 01:18:48 AM
Why are you torturing small jungle animals on your balcony?

The crows here are big enough to harass house cats. I don't have to do anything.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: bateman on November 11, 2015, 01:02:10 AM
This is a new Bell classic. Maybe my favorite MITD to date.

It's a really good show.

How you feeling Bateman? Any side effects? Hope you're well!

Barfly

I got a good buzz going, i thought he said i remember when Quaalude's where first discovered

FLLFlash

Quote from: inuk2600 on November 11, 2015, 01:01:32 AM
I agree, my point is there are wonderful new things to look forward to seeing in the near future. Things in fundamental physics, the discovery of life on another world, the genesis of life here on earth, AI, all interesting enough to want to stick around to see.

To be sure.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Barfly on November 11, 2015, 01:21:01 AM
I got a good buzz going, i thought he said i remember when Quaalude's where first discovered
714 Lemon

maren

Quote from: Barfly on November 11, 2015, 01:21:01 AM

They were truly unique.  I know that's not why you posted this, but my mind just snapped back to the day...

Juan Cena

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on November 11, 2015, 01:11:50 AM
Alan Moore would be a great guest. Grant Morrison even better.

Morrison is basically Moore on acid, so either one would be cool. Ellis as well, though he may be the saner of the three.

Moore would be great because he professes to be a ceremonial magician, so it would fit in with Art's unending quest to find a magic user as a guest.

I suggested all three to Redacted some time ago, but never heard back.

Hope I didn't FUBAR the call. I didn't think I described Ellis' informational drive very well.

Zzzzillion

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 01:21:39 AM
And we'll pay to watch it!

I'd covertly Periscope it for the Bellgabbers.

"Mr Hoagland, let's start with your cuckoo fucking ideas about structures on the moon. Get comfortable, we have much to cover."

FLLFlash

Quote from: Barfly on November 11, 2015, 01:06:12 AM
I dont like taking about 3 things with friends.
Politics
Religion
Painful personal rectal itch

The last one is the least problematic.

SciFiAuthor

Mutual lucid dreaming, weird. Maybe we should try to all lucid dream together.