• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell and global warming

Started by Northcoaster, September 16, 2011, 10:20:16 PM

Northcoaster

Let me just start by saying that I'm a huge fan of Art and Coast to Coast. He is in my opinion the only host that can do the show justice. Where he went horribly wrong, though, was to believe in the man-made global warming theory and be a supporter of Al Gore; although, I admit I was duped as well. This is in part to Art backing him along with many other people that I looked up to.

The more and more time goes on, the more and more Al and his cronies look like con artists. Recent scientific data suggests that man has little or nothing to do with global warming and it has also come to light that Al and friends have a ton of financial interest in his global warming theory taking over popular thought. I just wonder if Art retiring has anything to do with the fact that he has been made out to be sort of a fool? I wonder what sort of investments he has made toward the Gore interests? If anyone can help me out here I would be greatly appreciative and I could probably accept the fact that we don't have Art any longer.

fabucat

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 16, 2011, 10:20:16 PM
Let me just start by saying that I'm a huge fan of Art and Coast to Coast. He is in my opinion the only host that can do the show justice. Where he went horribly wrong, though, was to believe in the man-made global warming theory and be a supporter of Al Gore; although, I admit I was duped as well. This is in part to Art backing him along with many other people that I looked up to.

The more and more time goes on, the more and more Al and his cronies look like con artists. Recent scientific data suggests that man has little or nothing to do with global warming and it has also come to light that Al and friends have a ton of financial interest in his global warming theory taking over popular thought. I just wonder if Art retiring has anything to do with the fact that he has been made out to be sort of a fool? I wonder what sort of investments he has made toward the Gore interests? If anyone can help me out here I would be greatly appreciative and I could probably accept the fact that we don't have Art any longer.
Um, you're entitled to believe what you want, but after experiencing an earthquake and being flooded by two successive tropical storms, I'm with Art and Al!  There are many reasons to believe that global climate change is at least partially man-made, but the lucrative rewards aren't part of the deal.  In fact, it pays more to be a climate change denier!  The Koch Brothers are always willing to pay big bucks to hire what Bobby Kennedy Jr. calls Biostitutes to say what they are told.  Every climate change denying organization is heavily funded by the fossil fuel industry. 

That being said, there's a LOT that Art and Al would disagree on.  Art Bell still is pro-gun and anti-abortion, for example, and Gore has drifted leftward on those subjects.  Anyway, I like Art Bell not because I always agree with him, but because you can't put his beliefs in a "lefty" or "righty" box.  Art also never fails to allow opposing points of view with regard to climate change. 

Also, George the denier is on the air and Art currently is not.  You win, for the time being.

McPhallus

I think global warming is one of the myths that will take a long time to die... lots of people still believe in it, and it remains a lucrative industry. 

I don't think Art will be remembered for his books, and neither will other talk show hosts such as Savage, Limbaugh, etc.  I think Noory's books have already been forgotten. :)

Northcoaster

Quote from: fabucat on September 16, 2011, 10:32:47 PM
  Um, you're entitled to believe what you want, but after experiencing an earthquake and being flooded by two successive tropical storms, I'm with Art and Al!  There are many reasons to believe that global climate change is at least partially man-made, but the lucrative rewards aren't part of the deal.  In fact, it pays more to be a climate change denier!  The Koch Brothers are always willing to pay big bucks to hire what Bobby Kennedy Jr. calls Biostitutes to say what they are told.  Every climate change denying organization is heavily funded by the fossil fuel industry. 

That being said, there's a LOT that Art and Al would disagree on.  Art Bell still is pro-gun and anti-abortion, for example, and Gore has drifted leftward on those subjects.  Anyway, I like Art Bell not because I always agree with him, but because you can't put his beliefs in a "lefty" or "righty" box.  Art also never fails to allow opposing points of view with regard to climate change. 

Also, George the denier is on the air and Art currently is not.  You win, for the time being.
After experiencing an earthquake and two successive tropical storms you think that was due to man's influence? Why? How is that different from the earthquakes and tropical storms of the 1700's, 1800's? Do you think that they didn't have earthquakes and tropical storms happen so closely together?

Scully

Really? And this is why Art Bell is not on the air at present?

I have become extremely suspicious of posters such as yourself who have only a couple of posts and who start their own threads of controversial content in the middle of the night yet.

They usually turn out to be trolls.

Northcoaster

Quote from: Scully on September 17, 2011, 12:02:09 AM

I have become extremely suspicious of posters such as yourself who have only a couple of posts and who start their own threads of controversial content in the middle of the night yet.

I have been wondering this for a while. I just found this forum tonight and I was just trying to get some feedback either way. I really miss Art and think that this could be a factor. It was strange how he just left without much warning.

morphiaflow

Quote from: McPhallus on September 16, 2011, 11:05:17 PM
I think global warming is one of the myths that will take a long time to die... lots of people still believe in it, and it remains a lucrative industry.

Funny, I'd say the same thing about the oil industry.

... The more and more time goes on, the more and more Al and his cronies look like con artists...

Did you see the news the other day that the (political) scientists who initially reported seeing drowned polar bears confessd they made it all up?

So throw out the anecdotes of cute animals dying, toss out the fraudulent 'research' done by East Anglican, ignore the hypocrite and mouthpiece Al Gore (he of the private jets and massive carbon footprint house), realize the planet has cooled over the past decade and climate cooling, er warming, er 'change' is based on projections, and what is left?  Nothing. 

But realize the people that want to control us are not going to go quietly.

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 17, 2011, 03:02:30 AM

Did you see the news the other day that the (political) scientists who initially reported seeing drowned polar bears confessd they made it all up?

So throw out the anecdotes of cute animals dying, toss out the fraudulent 'research' done by East Anglican, ignore the hypocrite and mouthpiece Al Gore (he of the private jets and massive carbon footprint house), realize the planet has cooled over the past decade and climate cooling, er warming, er 'change' is based on projections, and what is left?  Nothing. 

Other than epithets and euphemisms I don't see much thought here.

stevesh

The main problem with the Climate Change thing as I see it is the fact that the 'solutions' (like cap and trade) always involve taking money out of my pocket and putting it in the pockets of people richer than I am.

You'd have to be a fool to believe that nearly seven billion people and their technologies could exist on the planet without affecting the climate.

When you have a way to lessen the effects of humans on the climate that doesn't involve giving more of my money to frauds and hypocrites like Al Gore, let me know. I'll be over here counting my stash of incandescent light bulbs.

Quote from: onan on September 17, 2011, 04:09:25 AM

... said the guy who posted earlier that he didn't get that the term 'climate denier' was created to subconsciously link them to holocaust deniers.

Frys Girl

Ahhhhh. Everything isn't a conspiracy theory. I work with a few guys who are conservative but accept climate change as a problem with data that can be observed from the industrial revolution onward.

I think living on an island that could be gobbled up by water scared him and he started reading up on climate change. I hate it when people want their heroes to fit into a box.

Regardless of your view on climate change, it is not the government's business to punish us for using technology is that available to us and has no alternative. Our fucking currency is backed up fossil fuels.

Cap and trade is a total scam and it has nothing to do with resolving the energy crisis or climate change!

fabucat

Quote from: McPhallus on September 16, 2011, 11:05:17 PM

I don't think Art will be remembered for his books, and neither will other talk show hosts such as Savage, Limbaugh, etc.  I think Noory's books have already been forgotten. :)

Yeah, the myth of climate change will die when all the humans die because the Earth will have become inhabitable.

Myth or not more money is made by denying it than by believing in it. 

Right now, I think that nothing can be done except harm reduction and preparing for the worst.  But the US isn't even doing *that.*  If you live near the beach or a river, you're really denying.

fabucat

Quote from: Scully on September 17, 2011, 12:02:09 AM

Yeah, fee fi fo fum, I smell troll, lol. 

fabucat

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 17, 2011, 03:02:30 AM

Wow.  Even Nooron believes that the climate is changing.  He just doesn't believe that it is man-made.  It could be that it's both man-made and part of a natural cycle. 

No one can control you without your permission. 

fabucat

Quote from: onan on September 17, 2011, 04:09:25 AM

Agreed.  And people can hate on Al Gore all they want to.  If he'd won the election in 2000, I doubt that the US would've invaded Iraq.  Gore isn't perfect, but I'd take him over W any day.

fabucat

Quote from: stevesh on September 17, 2011, 04:21:30 AM
The main problem with the Climate Change thing as I see it is the fact that the 'solutions' (like cap and trade) always involve taking money out of my pocket and putting it in the pockets of people richer than I am.

You'd have to be a fool to believe that nearly seven billion people and their technologies could exist on the planet without affecting the climate.

When you have a way to lessen the effects of humans on the climate that doesn't involve giving more of my money to frauds and hypocrites like Al Gore, let me know. I'll be over here counting my stash of incandescent light bulbs.
And if Al Gore wore a hair shirt and lived in a shack in the woods without plumbing, you'd call him an annoyingly sanctimonious liberal (and I wouldn't blame you). 

Cap & trade was invented by conservative Republicans at the right-wing Heritage Foundation.  I'm not thrilled by the idea myself, but some middle-of-the-roaders believed that it was a free market solution to the problem of pollution.  Mainstream Democrats adopted Cap & Trade just to try to compromise with Republicans, who quickly disavowed the idea because the Democrats had endorsed it. 

But whatever.  After two tropical storms in two weeks, I know climate change is real.  And I think that we're past the point of no return.

And if you think that Cap & Trade would cost money, consider the cost of losing your home or your job because some climate event destroyed your home or workplace. 

Quote from: fabucat on September 17, 2011, 04:40:13 PM
... No one can control you without your permission.

Ever heard of a place called North Korea? 

You might want to look up a few names - Stalin, Mao, Castro, Ho, Pol Pot, Hitler - that's where the Left would take us if they ever got control for good.  It's what they do.  And they love the man-made climate hoax - go figure.

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 17, 2011, 04:45:51 AM
... I think living on an island that could be gobbled up by water scared him and he started reading up on climate change...

The oceans have risen and fallen since the planet formed.  We've been in and out of ice ages.  None of that was man made.

Regardless of that, where are the islands that are being gobbled up?  The sea level where I live has not changed at all in the 30 years I've lived here.  This is all based on projections, apparently based on improper use of the software - but we'll never know because the good folks at East Anglican illegally destroyed their source data rather than turn it over to be peer reviewed.

This is getting silly.  I'm done here except for discussing G Noory.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 17, 2011, 05:59:54 PM
The oceans have risen and fallen since the planet formed.  We've been in and out of ice ages.  None of that was man made.

Regardless of that, where are the islands that are being gobbled up?  The sea level where I live has not changed at all in the 30 years I've lived here.  This is all based on projections, apparently based on improper use of the software - but we'll never know because the good folks at East Anglican illegally destroyed their source data rather than turn it over to be peer reviewed.

Amen, Brother Paper*Boy.

I'm personally tired of seeing rants on virtually any thread, no matter the topic, where a certain member is incapable of posting without mentioning Bush or Cheney or conservatives or Republicans, etc. ad nauseum, perhaps approaching a level of mild pathology.

I'm all for an open forum, and I have posted provocatively in the past, but I try to take it to "Open Lines" thread, rather than pollute so-called "On-Topic" threads with political frothing and drivel. It's become quite loathsome indeed.

Oh - and for those who enjoy reading falsified data/emails from that University in Europe about climate change (so-called "Climate-Gate"), I immediately downloaded the original files about two years ago and archived them - was one of the first people to help disseminate the info back then - a steady stream of folks still download these emails to this day... in fact you can get them yourself here:

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/309919401/FOI2009.zip

They're pretty boring, but it's clear certain segments of the scientific community will falsify data to fit their political agendas.

Carry on CoastGabbers - I'm back in the bushes (and goodness knows I like a good bush)   ;D

Wow.  It is this kind of nonsense that makes me embarrassed to admit to being a conservative.  It's no wonder that folks on the left think we are a bunch of Neanderthals.

Pollution, climate change, global warming, call it what ever you want.  It is a scientific fact. There is some debate in the scientific community as to how bad it is - somewhere between really freaking bad and catastrophic - but that's it. Unfortunately, some on the right have exploited this debate in the scientific community to sow doubt in the minds of the general public, when there is really very close to unanimous opinion in the field to the reality of the issue.  You are free to believe what you want, that is fundamental human right, but don't mix your beliefs with fact.  You can also believe that the earth is flat, that humans walked the earth with dinosaurs a mere 4000 thousand years ago, or that evolution is a "theory" - but just like global warming, they are absolutely a scientific fact.

Scully

... I just wonder if Art retiring has anything to do with the fact that he has been made out to be sort of a fool? I wonder what sort of investments he has made toward the Gore interests? If anyone can help me out here I would be greatly appreciative and I could probably accept the fact that we don't have Art any longer.

O.K.  And another TROLL takes charge of a Coastgab thread.

Notice above that all this guy really did was pose a question about why Art Bell left C2C.  He threw in the climate controversy for the exact purpose it served.  Two regular posters are mad enough to get the hell out of Dodge, and others of us have had our feathers ruffled.

Mr. Troll has changed his avatar to a pic of a guy rudely urinating on someone's lawn and has most likely completely left the scene of his white-collar crime.

Pity ...  ::)

Lunger

Quote from: onan on September 17, 2011, 02:43:35 AM
Those fuckin liberal over educated blowhards have this to say:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=extreme-weather-caused-by-climate-change

I have no doubt there is some kind of climate change going on.  There always is, it's the nature of the planet.

It's Anthropogenic Global Warming that is a crock of shit.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 17, 2011, 05:59:54 PM

why are you being so stalinist? we can have a debate without getting emotional. i'm conservative and I don't think it even matters whether global warming is "real" in order to know that the Gore agenda/climate change laws are illegal. The government can't tax us for something that is not our fault and for something for which there is no alternative! And just because I cited the Industrial Revolution, it doesn't mean IR was bad!

People here are so sensitive and I hate it when people say shit like "We don't agree. I can't talk about this. Goodbye! Huff." Let's be civilized and discuss things.

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 18, 2011, 11:14:15 AM
why are you being so stalinist? we can have a debate without getting emotional. i'm conservative and I don't think it even matters whether global warming is "real" in order to know that the Gore agenda/climate change laws are illegal. The government can't tax us for something that is not our fault and for something for which there is no alternative! And just because I cited the Industrial Revolution, it doesn't mean IR was bad!

People here are so sensitive and I hate it when people say shit like "We don't agree. I can't talk about this. Goodbye! Huff." Let's be civilized and discuss things.

Sorry to give the wrong impression - what I meant was I'm just here to discuss George and contribute to documenting his suckiness.  I'm annoyed at allowing myself to be dragged into this off topic stuff and pissing people off needlessly.  It's all pointless anyway since everyone looks to be pretty much locked in to their positions on this - as we already found that out last time this came up, about a week ago.  I took the bait and got trolled by this Northcoaster troll - he probably saw last week's exchange and saw an opening.

And, heh, Stalin would have just had everyone in the room shot..

Northcoaster

Quote from: Scully on September 18, 2011, 02:32:13 AM

O.K.  And another TROLL takes charge of a Coastgab thread.

Notice above that all this guy really did was pose a question about why Art Bell left C2C.  He threw in the climate controversy for the exact purpose it served.  Two regular posters are mad enough to get the hell out of Dodge, and others of us have had our feathers ruffled.

Mr. Troll has changed his avatar to a pic of a guy rudely urinating on someone's lawn and has most likely completely left the scene of his white-collar crime.

Pity ...  ::)
Why am I a troll? Because I'm a new member who brought up a controversial subject? Wow, I'm sorry I have caused a heated debate. Not! Isn't that what these forums are for, debate? This discussion has moved into an area that I didn't intend anyways. I didn't want to debate if global warming was man-made or not; I wanted to discuss whether or not Art's leaving Coast had anything to do with his role in the issue. I thought this was a forum to discuss Art and Coast, not the whether of not global warming is man-made or not. I'm not a scientist, I only hear discussion from scientists and people I look up to and base my opinion on that. Like I said, I was duped into believing that global warming was man-made because Art and Al and his scientists had me believing it. Recent scientific evidence along with the real motives of Al and his cronies have come to light and made it so I have pretty much no doubt that man has little or nothing to do with global warming. This is all beside the issue I wanted to focus on though.
I will re-post my original post just so everyone can be reminded of the REAL question I brought up........

Oh and BTW, the avatar is of a man about to blow himself up with a firework. Anyways, here's the original post..............

Frys Girl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 18, 2011, 12:42:33 PM

Sorry to give the wrong impression - what I meant was I'm just here to discuss George and contribute to documenting his suckiness.  I'm annoyed at allowing myself to be dragged into this off topic stuff and pissing people off needlessly.  It's all pointless anyway since everyone looks to be pretty much locked in to their positions on this - as we already found that out last time this came up, about a week ago.  I took the bait and got trolled by this Northcoaster troll - he probably saw last week's exchange and saw an opening.

Carry on. You are a George Noory Premiere Critic and that's an important contribution no doubt. I'm sorry for the bad language. I didn't mean to be a bitch, but.....

I just wish we wouldn't get so emotional about this stuff.... getting angry or personal is a sign that we're not reasoning, and that's why the world is so fucked up.

Thanks to HAL for the information.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 18, 2011, 12:57:53 PM
Why am I a troll? Because I'm a new member who brought up a controversial subject? Wow, I'm sorry I have caused a heated debate. Not! Isn't that what these forums are for, debate? This discussion has moved into an area that I didn't intend anyways. I didn't want to debate if global warming was man-made or not; I wanted to discuss whether or not Art's leaving Coast had anything to do with his role in the issue. I thought this was a forum to discuss Art and Coast, not the whether of not global warming is man-made or not. I'm not a scientist, I only hear discussion from scientists and people I look up to and base my opinion on that. Like I said, I was duped into believing that global warming was man-made because Art and Al and his scientists had me believing it. Recent scientific evidence along with the real motives of Al and his cronies have come to light and made it so I have pretty much no doubt that man has little or nothing to do with global warming. This is all beside the issue I wanted to focus on though.
I will re-post my original post just so everyone can be reminded of the REAL question I brought up........

Oh and BTW, the avatar is of a man about to blow himself up with a firework. Anyways, here's the original post..............

LMAO at your repetition of a stupid question! Art's investments in Gore's interests. LOL. If he does it, it doesn't mean he even believes it. If Crap and Trade passes, there are billions to be made. I wish I could invest because these fuckers are taking over and unfortunately, the only thing that will save us is an amazing, independently developed alternative energy. That would be a great middle finger to Gore the fat ass hypocrite. How many rooms does his Tennessee house have? 27??

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that if you own mutual funds and all that, you will have invested in some way in Gore's interests as these companies are tied up with the banks.

Northcoaster

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 18, 2011, 12:42:33 PM

I've got better things to do with my life than wander around forums and look for topics that piss people off. I came here to discuss Art, not the merits of global warming, which is why I got out of the conversation when it took a left turn. I'd like to attempt to steer it back now and pose the questions I asked in the post above. Thank you.