• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Internet Radios

Started by pate, February 10, 2015, 11:45:32 PM

pate

Quote from: the_peeve on March 15, 2015, 09:15:03 AM
I would like a device that I can have in the house and then stick in my pickup truck when I head out.

Any suggestions?

PV, I'm thinking (as in not actively working) on this option, but the Raspberry Pi (a wholly owned UK company) seems like the option, if you have the knowledge or luck to find something online that works for you...

I joke on the wholly owned UK company thing.  It's really just a toy, unless those foul Britishers have really hard-coded in a back-door...

Hell they polly have, damn Britishers...

Seriously, looks legit.  Their hardware seems sound, haen't checked that gen2 crap yet...

steelbot

I use a cheap old player called tunemark on iOS - and it's been great - even finding usually most current radio shows live...but now with the new ride, i have sirius and Bluetooth out from the phone, so using the tunemark there is great too...Lets you search shoutcast too

pate

Not that anyone cares, but I am thinking forget the intar-tubes...

There was this cool coil antennae (yp) design that I was looking at, I think it was a heavy gauge green-wrapped plastic.

N-E-How seemed easy and I found a spool of light gauge green-wrap copper that I'd saved (perhaps for this antenna) future/pst/naow projekt?

Hoo noes?

I figure a good antenna can at least boost my reception signal for the local radio station that I cannot receive on the first floor...  I get great reception on the second floor, but am reduced to for reader purposes listening to Jorch on the first floor... UNACCEPTABLE whine Jorch is on air as are other option on same band.

Blech, lishuning Jourch.  Jorching, eww.  asemi-pro am nuh. 

Goggle the appropriate goo-tube, fer yourslef/slaw.

Mmmm, spring rools w/ p-nit sawse, mmm.