• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

WOTR

Quote from: NightsAtSea on July 16, 2015, 12:31:13 AM
Hello everyone! A college professor recommended C2C to me in 2010 and I've been listening ever since...it didn't take me long to realize I'd missed the show's heyday. I figured I'd join here in the ramp-up to the new show. I'm 25, still in college (spent a good deal of time majoring in poor life choices), a fishkeeper, a beachcomber, voracious reader, and all around spooky gal.
By 2010 the show had started on a fairly steep downward trajectory.  Some have even speculated that there may be a tiny whirlpool effect confined to a porcelain bowl...

Did you catch Arts brief return on Dark Matter?  That was closer to what you may be able to expect from the upcoming MITD.  It should be a great ride, and I'm glad to have you along with us. 

Post often- most of us don't bite (hard.) ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Normal-Foot on July 15, 2015, 11:51:04 AM
Hey, sorry to sound thick, but do you have a link for Bella-Haven?

I've tried googling it, and so far I've found Bella-Haven pizza, Bella-Haven apartments, Bella-Haven Salon...

Those sound like pretty good destinations too.  However, for the podcast check the links here: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8051.msg426395.html#msg426395

zeebo

.... (spent a good deal of time majoring in poor life choices), a fishkeeper, a beachcomber, voracious reader, and all around spooky gal.

Welcome, you're gonna fit right in.    :D

WOTR

Quote from: Normal-Foot on July 15, 2015, 11:13:50 AM
And what is Bella-Haven, is it a thread here? I'll gladly stop in!
Normally we would force you to wander around blind until you bump into it...

http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/
Show starts in 15 minutes... midnight Pacific time.  Best to listen live.
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8051.msg426557.html#new
Thread on bellgab dedicated to it.
http://www.bella-haven.com/
New website that Nancy just put up... Also, one of the hosts of Bellaheaven is Nancy who also does a show on the darkmatter radio network with her husband Bill... Future theater.

Quote from: zeebo on July 16, 2015, 12:41:31 AMThose sound like pretty good destinations too.  However, for the podcast check the links here: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8051.msg426395.html#msg426395[/size]
Sure... Just post the links while I run around the whole internet searching them out...

akwilly

Hello everyone! A college professor recommended C2C to me in 2010 and I've been listening ever since...it didn't take me long to realize I'd missed the show's heyday. I figured I'd join here in the ramp-up to the new show. I'm 25, still in college (spent a good deal of time majoring in poor life choices), a fishkeeper, a beachcomber, voracious reader, and all around spooky gal.
fishkeeper?

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on July 16, 2015, 12:48:35 AM
Sure... Just post the links while I run around the whole internet searching them out...

Aha!  Don't search for the links, search for the link to the links.    ;D

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on July 16, 2015, 12:59:46 AM
Aha!  Don't search for the links, search for the link to the links.    ;D
And that is why you are the jedi squirrel.

NightsAtSea

Quote from: WOTR on July 16, 2015, 12:40:48 AMBy 2010 the show had started on a fairly steep downward trajectory.  Some have even speculated that there may be a tiny whirlpool effect confined to a porcelain bowl...Did you catch Arts brief return on Dark Matter?  That was closer to what you may be able to expect from the upcoming MITD.  It should be a great ride, and I'm glad to have you along with us.  Post often- most of us don't bite (hard.) ;)

Unfortunately Dark Matter came and went before I was aware of it.

Quote from: akwilly on July 16, 2015, 12:54:28 AM
fishkeeper?

Yes, as both hobby and trade I maintain aquariums and care for aquatic plants and animals. I'm working on a marine biology degree which I hope to apply towards public aquarium work.

Hello.

You had me at "spooky."

Consider sharing photos of anything weird you find on the beach.

onan

Welcome, have fun. I want to hear all about the fish keeper.

KJ4WS

The first thing we did was to call and e-mail the program director of WWTN, our local 50,000 Watt Station. I submitted the letter as suggested by Art Bell the .com site. Hopefully, they will carry the new show. WLAC in the same town ( Nashville ) carries that Other Show. I can just see the folks leaving that Other Show in Droves if the Art Bell Show is picked up by WWTN in Nashville...

WOTR

Welcome to the midnight zoo, KJ4WS.  I think most of us are hoping for a local AM station to carry Art...

Enjoy your stay with the inmates around here.

Normal-Foot

Quote from: WOTR on July 16, 2015, 12:48:35 AM
Normally we would force you to wander around blind until you bump into it...

http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/
Show starts in 15 minutes... midnight Pacific time.  Best to listen live.
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8051.msg426557.html#new
Thread on bellgab dedicated to it.
http://www.bella-haven.com/
New website that Nancy just put up... Also, one of the hosts of Bellaheaven is Nancy who also does a show on the darkmatter radio network with her husband Bill... Future theater.

Quote from: zeebo on July 16, 2015, 12:41:31 AM
Those sound like pretty good destinations too.  However, for the podcast check the links here: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8051.msg426395.html#msg426395

Awwwww ... thank you both most kindly. I do love direction in my life!

KJ4WS

Just one of those days that makes me Proud to be an Old Goat! We are seriously looking forward to the return of WB6OBB. ( Art's Ham Radio Call Sign )

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I was finally pulled from the shadows by Art's triumphant return!

That and to rub Snorge's face in Art's success. It's a win-win from where I'm sitting.

maureen

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on July 17, 2015, 04:15:58 PM
Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I was finally pulled from the shadows by Art's triumphant return!

That and to rub Snorge's face in Art's success. It's a win-win from where I'm sitting.
Ja. Inge (if I may abbreviate your nick), welcome to this magnificent madness! Have fun!!

Quote from: maureen on July 17, 2015, 04:19:55 PM
Ja. Inge (if I may abbreviate your nick), welcome to this magnificent madness! Have fun!!

Why, thank you, kind lady!  :D

Looking forward to the ride!

[sic]

Hello.  My name is _ _ _ _ _ . Yes, my username name is kinda playing off redacted's but also because me grammar be horrible.  I am not an OG Art Bell fan but got turned on to coast about 7 years ago.  Of course I loved Dark Matter & I'm super stoked for Sunday's test night.  I am a member of a more personal/polite board but have been lurking here for awhile.  I figured it would be best to join up and maybe spit some input every now and then.  There are a lot of questions I have about the inside jokes that are posted on here. I am also a 99%er who originally found this place by typing in 'George noor...' into google and got the GNS auto-populate.

Thanks for allowing me in.  I was worried because I did not answer one question as Dave Washington.  (I really don't get the Dave thing, would be nice to understand it)

Cheers all!   And I wish Art would do a 90's night asking this to the callers:  A/S/L? .......34/M/Michigan.  ???

littlechris

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on July 17, 2015, 04:15:58 PM

Niice!! A new female member, and with a sexy ass name!

Welcome to Bellgab.com.

-

aldousburbank

Quote from: [sic] on July 17, 2015, 04:36:41 PM
Hello.  My name is _ _ _ _ _ . Yes, my username name is kinda playing off redacted's but also because me grammar be horrible.  I am not an OG Art Bell fan but got turned on to coast about 7 years ago.  Of course I loved Dark Matter & I'm super stoked for Sunday's test night.  I am a member of a more personal/polite board but have been lurking here for awhile.  I figured it would be best to join up and maybe spit some input every now and then.  There are a lot of questions I have about the inside jokes that are posted on here. I am also a 99%er who originally found this place by typing in 'George noor...' into google and got the GNS auto-populate.

Thanks for allowing me in.  I was worried because I did not answer one question as Dave Washington.  (I really don't get the Dave thing, would be nice to understand it)

Cheers all!   And I wish Art would do a 90's night asking this to the callers:  A/S/L? .......34/M/Michigan.  ???
Ahoy!

Celestial

I guess I should have filled this out long ago. I have been a lurker for a long time, but was way too busy with work to actually drop down in this wonderful rabbithole.

I'm Celestial (my real name is not hard to figure out for those of you that know me on all the FB groups). I have been an Art fan and follower since '95. I used to be active on the IRC chats as Celestial or Soulshaker007. I'm one of the admins for "Through The Wormhole" on FB which got started when Art started on Sirius. I've been to a few UFO conferences, spent a weekend learning RV with Major Dames. THAT was a total trip and a half. The MIB's in the room had the worst energy. They gave me the creeps.

I love the fact over the years  have met so many long-time friends and researched/learned so many different subjects due to Art. Not to mention books. LOL. So so so many books! I am utterly thrilled he will be returning just a couple days away. Oh my gosh I can't contain my excitement. The two year drought is finally over and it's gonna reign from the Kingdom of Nye!

I live in Montana. I love my mountains. I went from the beach to the desert to the country and now I'm staying in the mountains. Ah bliss! I am obviously a happy little geek so hit me up. I love meeting others who nerd out on the same stuff I do.  ;D  ;D :P :P

Love & Light,
Celestial

... got turned on to coast about 7 years ago. 

Oy...the dark years... ;)

I am a member of a more personal/polite board but have been lurking here for awhile.  I figured it would be best to join up and maybe spit some input every now and then.   

It's hard to resist the siren call of Bellgab...

Quote from: Celestial on July 17, 2015, 04:51:02 PM

I love the fact over the years  have met so many long-time friends and researched/learned so many different subjects due to Art.

The glue that binds us together. Welcome!

[sic]

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on July 17, 2015, 04:54:31 PM
Oy...the dark years... ;)

It's hard to resist the siren call of Bellgab...

Indeed it is hard.  And I probably should have said "tuned in" to coast then.  Dark years indeed but now will die after midnight.

Glad to be a newbie with you IB.

Quote from: [sic] on July 17, 2015, 05:25:00 PM
Indeed it is hard.  And I probably should have said "tuned in" to coast then.  Dark years indeed but now will die after midnight.

Glad to be a newbie with you IB.

LOL, I joked with a friend that if I joined with that name, my initials would be IB. Irritable Bowel! Haha!

maureen

The three sisters of the Friday before Art's return, Inge, Sic, and Cele, welcome! Have fun!

Celestial

Quote from: maureen on July 17, 2015, 05:48:14 PM
The three sisters of the Friday before Art's return, Inge, Sic, and Cele, welcome! Have fun!

Hahahah. Sounds like names of characters from Witches of Eastwick or something. Thank you kindly. Oh yes, much fun to be had.

Holy Ghosts

I'm happy to see this many new people come in after me. It make me feel an undeserved degree of "insider status."