• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 18, 2017, 10:14:21 AM
She lost her latest paycheck, so unless she gets more subscribers by Christmas the outdoor kitties will starve and it will all be our fault. Rest assured, Lasha and her army of sassy 'wranglers' are on the case and they'll have a few dozen affiliates in no time

In a related story, Based-big-balls Ted Randall, owner/board op of shortwave station WTWW took this opportunity to rip neckbeard Rowland a new asshole

Wow. Maybe she should look up that Leo Ashcraft fellow for help running an internet radio show.  ;)

Catsmile

Art is facing the facts of getting his 11 year old child a new $3000 laptop, or continue to spite BellGab and/or the haters by keeping MitD going.

Decisions will be made...   

P.S. At this point only Art and Heater gives a shit anymore.
P.P.S What a grudge fuck this turned out to be... Sigh

Epaphroditus

MITD is just a pebble in the avalanche of declining numbers in the so called radio industry which has been on life support for 20 years , anyone who says or thinks otherwise is either a liar or delusional .

I have personally cancelled 5 subscriptions in the last year including MITD because the quality of each show declined , I like HW but she has far to many guests who simply just repeat the same tired nonsense that she and us have already heard .

Those shows who have the most listeners are also lesser quality than before but have an operating budget simply because they are willing to whore themselves over whatever issue the corporate sponsor wants .

We did not listen to AB because of his guests  , anybody remember the show AB did where he spent the entire show installing Windows ?

Zenman

Quote from: Loaded on November 18, 2017, 08:00:50 AM
I caught the opening monogue.  She hopes and wishes to keep doing MITD for a long time, but her time may be limited with declining subscribers and listeners.  Over the past year there has been a slow but steady decline in subscribers and listeners.  She has put effort into advertising the show to attract new listeners, but it has had little effect.  (I don't remember if she said anything about declining ad revenue as a result of declining subscribers and listeners.)  Bottom line, a show doesn't run on well wishes and encouraging wormhole messages, it runs on cash.

Thanks. Yeah, sounds like something it'll be tough to recover from. Even tho I don't listen to the show much, I'll still miss it. I kinda feel like it's the last vestige of Art's show, and when it's gone, that'll definitely have kind of a sense of finality to it. I like Heather and wish her well and I heartily commend her for getting beat up pretty badly around here and elsewhere and sticking with it.

Norm

I've seen damn good DJ's get dropped simply because of poor ad revenue. Right now Heather Wade is nothing but a financial risk supported by Bell money. The fact there are other shows on the Dark Matter Digital Network that hold my interest briefly is the only reason I tune in every once in awhile.

Face it, she just doesn't have it. Bell had it, he had the voice and talent to bring in millions of listeners nightly. But that was before internet. Bell ruled the nights and Limbaugh ruled days but even Limbaugh has gotten horribly boring and repetitive nowadays and with a net worth of 500 million I'm sure Rush is looking at retirement. Our little local AM radio station is sinking in radio quicksand too. No live DJ and very few advertisers. How much do you think a guy who advertises haircuts for $6 is going to pay an AM radio station with a very small audience? I think you get my point. Terrestrial radio is fading fast.

Bottom line, it's still all about the mighty dollar. Art is sitting on bundle that will keep his wife and kids financially secure forever. Whatever he's paying to keep the DMDN going is peanuts. I can assure this however, if he succumbs to a disease from all the years he sucked in cigarette smoke say goodbye to MITD and DMDN because I don't think Keith will continue to finance it unless Art wills him support money.

pate

Quote from: Norm on November 19, 2017, 12:25:51 AM
I've seen damn good DJ's get dropped simply because of poor ad revenue. Right now Heather Wade is nothing but a financial risk supported by Bell money. The fact there are other shows on the Dark Matter Digital Network that hold my interest briefly is the only reason I tune in every once in awhile.

Face it, she just doesn't have it. Bell had it, he had the voice and talent to bring in millions of listeners nightly. But that was before internet. Bell ruled the nights and Limbaugh ruled days but even Limbaugh has gotten horribly boring and repetitive nowadays and with a net worth of 500 million I'm sure Rush is looking at retirement. Our little local AM radio station is sinking in radio quicksand too. No live DJ and very few advertisers. How much do you think a guy who advertises haircuts for $6 is going to pay an AM radio station with a very small audience? I think you get my point. Terrestrial radio is fading fast.

Bottom line, it's still all about the mighty dollar. Art is sitting on bundle that will keep his wife and kids financially secure forever. Whatever he's paying to keep the DMDN going is peanuts. I can assure this however, if he succumbs to a disease from all the years he sucked in cigarette smoke say goodbye to MITD and DMDN because I don't think Keith will continue to finance it unless Art wills him support money.
\
Siriusly, Dave...
/

chiliace

Maybe her declining listener numbers  can be attributed to  her tacit endorsement of Donald Trump  and her right wing stance on gun rights.

Quote from: TigerLily on November 18, 2017, 11:07:19 AM
Heather started at the top and is working her way down. I listen on rare occasions only if the guest or topic sounds interesting. Last night bombed big time. The guest was supposed to provide the dark side of paranormal stories. He babbled and meandered. Heather finally tried to get him on track by babbling and meandering. Somewhere toward midshow she tried her best Art imitation with a philosophical soliloquy about life and death. Cringingly bad. *Click* back to an Art replay

Next stop: The Redacted and Rosegirl Podcast

Yes, you mirror my opinion of the show.  I tuned in for the paranormal but the guest was rambling all over the place and Heather's soliloquy was awful.

Quote from: chiliace on November 19, 2017, 09:25:35 AM
Maybe her declining listener numbers  can be attributed to  her tacit endorsement of Donald Trump  and her right wing stance on gun rights.

So you don't support the 2nd Amendment.  Got it.  I can assure you her low numbers have nothing to do with Trump or gun rights.  Now go back to your Play-doh, snowflake.

chiliace

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2017, 10:36:02 AM
So you don't support the 2nd Amendment.  Got it.  I can assure you her low numbers have nothing to do with Trump or gun rights.  Now go back to your Play-doh, snowflake.
O.K.  name caller, assure me.

Zopyrus

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2017, 10:36:02 AM

Surprising moniker you've got for a mind so frozen in time.

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 19, 2017, 11:16:17 AM
Surprising moniker you've got for a mind so frozen in time.

It is meant in sarcasm taken from a song by ELO.  If the future means surrendering my freedoms and rights then fuck the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIJX6mKk6rY

This song has a similar theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrmQB38aT5U

Oh and genius what will you do if the shit hits the fan for example via EMP?  What will you do when people want to break into your house and steal your food?  Get a brain and grow up.

Corona Kitty

No it's because she stinks

If Art cared at all he'd guest host. It wouldn't pull in subscribers. With ALL of the extra money they should advertise and hire a experienced producer. But none of that is going to happen. Keith has no buisness background and has done nothing but anger buisness associates in his past. It's likely MITD is winding down which is sad. I'm still a subscriber. It's actually one of the better paranormal shows out there. But Heather is Mistaken for relying on Keith and Sasha. The show needs a real producer, promoter, and tech. I don't think even A GrEAT radio host could survive the shows short comings unless they were also running the buisness end.

munbeam666

I agree. I think a lot of people stopped listening when she brought in the political issues

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 19, 2017, 01:12:17 PM
I think a lot of people stopped listening when she brought in the political issues
she rarely dives into politics anymore.

None of this has anything to do with topics that are covered most nights. The fact you'll just tune out anyone you don't agree with shows your not willing to even listen to the other side.

chiliace

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 19, 2017, 01:17:52 PM
None of this has anything to do with topics that are covered most nights. The fact you'll just tune out anyone you don't agree with shows your not willing to even listen to the other side.

I never said I tuned her out.  I find her political views repulsive  but I listen every weeknight.
I simply began to question her judgment  on all things,  and now consider her immature and irresponsible.  My love of the paranormal has not diminished, however.

Quote from: chiliace on November 19, 2017, 11:12:33 AM
      O.K.  name caller, assure me.

I don't listen most nights and it is not because of her political views.  The show's just not very good.  I'm sorry for calling you a name but you are the one who insinuated people who care about the right to bear arms as being reprehensible.  You come on here talking like that then expect the same in return.

Dr. MD MD

Yeah, enough of your demonizing. It makes me want to stab you repeatedly about the face and neck.  ::)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2017, 02:53:41 PM
Yeah, enough of your demonizing. It makes me want to stab you repeatedly about the face and neck.  ::)

I would advise against that,you might go to prison for that.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on November 19, 2017, 03:13:32 PM
I would advise against that,you might go to prison for that.

It's your ability to get to the bottom of things that's really impressive.  ::)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2017, 03:20:06 PM
It's your ability to get to the bottom of things that's really impressive.  ::)

Sarcasm just flies over your head.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on November 19, 2017, 03:36:24 PM
Sarcasm just flies over your head.

What sarcasm? You just stated the obvious. Is that sarcasm now?  ???

ItsOver

It's been almost 2 years since Wade took over MiTD.  That's about 2 years longer than I expected.  It's still a lot longer than Bell lasted with it. 

All things considered, I would have preferred Bell had left it all behind when he left C2C for good.  Noory's bad enough but Bell couldn't have done a better job of pissing a lot of his former fans off with his Dark Matter and MiTD debacles.  Those two disasters left a bitter taste in my mouth that tainted his legacy as a uniquely skilled entertainer during the glory days of C2C.

Zenman

Probably did help to turn away some of her more liberal fans. Might've gained her a few less liberal ones tho. Kind of a trade off, I think. Kinda the same thing when she admitted to being a witch. Probably gained some fans and lost some with that as well.

chiliace

Quote from: Zenman on November 19, 2017, 05:02:41 PM
Probably did help to turn away some of her more liberal fans. Might've gained her a few less liberal ones tho. Kind of a trade off, I think. Kinda the same thing when she admitted to being a witch. Probably gained some fans and lost some with that as well.
I think that perspective has merit.  In the best of all possible worlds she never would’ve brought the subject of politics to begin with.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 19, 2017, 04:50:56 PM
It's been almost 2 years since Wade took over MiTD.  That's about 2 years longer than I expected.  It's still a lot longer than Bell lasted with it. 

All things considered, I would have preferred Bell had left it all behind when he left C2C for good.  Noory's bad enough but Bell couldn't have done a better job of pissing a lot of his former fans off with his Dark Matter and MiTD debacles.  Those two disasters left a bitter taste in my mouth that tainted his legacy as a uniquely skilled entertainer during the glory days of C2C.

His lame posts here and on FakeBook aren't helping either.