• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 13, 2017, 12:16:13 PM
I require intelligence in my women. LOL

That's why you're single. It's like looking for the Holy Grail.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 13, 2017, 12:20:01 PM
Ok I apologize for my outburst but all kidding aside how in the hell do you people listen to this? I am spoiled I guess.

I generally fast forward to the 24:00 mark to skip the "news" and give the guest 10-15 minutes to grab my interest. I don't remember the last time I listened to an entire show live.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 13, 2017, 12:23:17 PM
That's why you're single. It's like looking for the Holy Grail.

I believe that is the concept behind a harem. Gather up enough and...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 13, 2017, 12:24:26 PM
I generally fast forward to the 24:00 mark to skip the "news"

Jeez. The few times I've heard that she makes Noory sound like Walter Cronkite.

'And the top story tonight is I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.'

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 13, 2017, 12:25:52 PM
I believe that is the concept behind a harem. Gather up enough and...

Hey, instead of the Harlem Globetrotters how about an all nude female team called the Harem Globetrotters? Too sexist?  :D

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 13, 2017, 12:24:26 PM
I generally fast forward to the 24:00 mark to skip the "news" and give the guest 10-15 minutes to grab my interest. I don't remember the last time I listened to an entire show live.

Are you still subscribed or have you come to your senses?

Yorkshire pud

The point is she got the gig because she brown nosed AB, and as far as he's concerned as long as she satisfies his expectations (Whatever they might be) she'll have the gig.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 13, 2017, 12:32:10 PM
Are you still subscribed or have you come to your senses?

I still have my subscription. It is what it is. I enjoy 1-2 shows per week but I save them to my podcast app for when I am up in the woods without internet. I'll probably drop it at the end of December. That will have given her two years.

Much longer than I expected the show to last. Long enough for her to have gotten better by now.

ponyboysunset

Ok she's still using Art's bumper music...lame.
Bwhahahahaha

caller: "How many listeners you got?"
HW: (pause, stutter)"Well, well I personally don't want to know because if I knew I will obsess on the numbers and I would not be talking as calmly as I am (stutter again) and I probably would just put the headset down and walk out of the room if I knew."

Was worth it for that. That says it all! ::)

PS Art said he didn't want to do any more mass consciousness experiences and what is she doing?  :o

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 13, 2017, 12:20:01 PM
Ok I apologize for my outburst but all kidding aside how in the hell do you people listen to this? I am spoiled I guess.
Well, PBS, I don't listen to HW.  MITD died when Bell quit again.  It's the HW show now, just one of thousands or more out there floating along with all the other flotsam and jetsam. 

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2017, 12:46:31 PM
Well, PBS, I don't listen to HW.  MITD died when Bell quit again.  It's the HW show now, just one of thousands or more out there floating along with all the other flotsam and jetsam.
And you're better for it. LOL. Although occasionally there is a gem.

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 13, 2017, 12:39:56 PM
Ok she's still using Art's bumper music...lame.
Bwhahahahaha...

Like who isn't?   ;)  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 13, 2017, 12:16:13 PM
Well my tastes are all over the place but mainly 40-60 depending on the woman. And I couldn't go there anyway I require intelligence in my women. LOL
At least you didn't tell us you're looking for an emotionally stable lady. ;)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 13, 2017, 12:36:44 PM
I still have my subscription. It is what it is. I enjoy 1-2 shows per week but I save them to my podcast app for when I am up in the woods without internet. I'll probably drop it at the end of December. That will have given her two years.

Much longer than I expected the show to last. Long enough for her to have gotten better by now.

Sticking to your word is admirable. Two years should be enough.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2017, 12:50:42 PM
At least you didn't tell us you're looking for an emotionally stable lady. ;)
ROFLMAO I'm throwing my whole gender under the bus as there are none. We are all nuts just pick your poison.

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 13, 2017, 12:52:36 PM
ROFLMAO I'm throwing my whole gender under the bus as there are none. We are all nuts just pick your poison.
Ha!  You're a good sport, PBS.  I like that.  I'll arrange for MV to kill you last. ;) :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 13, 2017, 12:51:52 PM
Sticking to your word is admirable. Two years should be enough.

Yeah. My ex was actually quite surprised that I stopped paying child support when my daughter graduated high school.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2017, 12:57:07 PM
Ha!  You're good sport, PBS.  I like that.  I'll arrange for MV to kill you last. ;) :)

Paulie?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 13, 2017, 12:51:52 PM
Sticking to your word is admirable.

Better than Falkie, who just sticks to his shorts.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2017, 12:57:07 PM
Ha!  You're good sport, PBS.  I like that.  I'll arrange for MV to kill you last. ;) :)

Hey I date women and am a woman, I know how fucking nutters we can be. I'm sure men have their problems too I just don't know the specifics. LOL

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 13, 2017, 11:52:47 AM
Heh. I am seriously amazed they are still going. Shocked really. Which reminds me I need to see if the mystic dingbat is back at it. I could use a good laugh.

Praise MV!
Rosegirl has replaced Batemen as the ear of choice for Master Redacted's post-show complaint sessions.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on September 13, 2017, 01:09:04 PM
Rosegirl has replaced Batemen as the ear of choice for Master Redacted's post-show complaint sessions.
GTFO!!!!! OMG!!!! Who are you mystery person? LOL

Ok that is just nuts. She has fallen so far that the mystic ding bat is now her confidant?

TigerLily

Andrew Basagio is on tonight. That was such a classic show during Art's short-lived MITD reign. Back when the world was young and we were all hopeful and naive. But I digress. In our current state of dull gray mediocrity in late night radio, should I give Heather a chance to sully my fond memories or dredge up Art's original? meh I'll probably just read my book

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 13, 2017, 03:42:16 PM
Andrew Basagio is on tonight. That was such a classic show during Art's short-lived MITD reign. Back when the world was young and we were all hopeful and naive. But I digress. In our current state of dull gray mediocrity in late night radio, should I give Heather a chance to sully my fond memories or dredge up Art's original? meh I'll probably just read my book

His story was cute and well-rehearsed until he added in the time travel element so that he would not ever have to show proof that he was actually off planet. Now it is just a tangled up bunch of alphabet soup. Heather likes him though so she will at least sound engaged in the discussion.

Yorkshire pud

Is he the guy who claimed he could lift a tank?

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 13, 2017, 03:56:45 PM
Is he the guy who claimed he could lift a tank?

I don't remember that specifically. He was in the marines on Mars with Obama

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 13, 2017, 04:10:46 PM
I don't remember that specifically. He was in the marines on Mars with Obama

Don't forget he also traveled back in time to meet Lincoln too.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 13, 2017, 03:50:11 PM
His story was cute and well-rehearsed until he added in the time travel element so that he would not ever have to show proof that he was actually off planet. Now it is just a tangled up bunch of alphabet soup. Heather likes him though so she will at least sound engaged in the discussion.
If listened I hope Heather asks about his failed election. Clearly Basiago, at least Zoltan got mainstream coverage, was the most over-looked and candidate who should hold a grudge, not Clinton, Bernie, Bush, etc. Will he run again and reboot his "Andy Basiago For President 2016: A Time For Truth"?

ponyboysunset

TigerLily!!!!! Great to see you lady. I am midway through writing my third novel. Hit me up if you want to read it. It's great to see you.

Also I miss those days of all of us hanging out on the board listening to Art!