• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

Lena

Quote from: anagrammy on January 29, 2011, 07:20:40 AM
I am pleased to see people objecting to the self-promotion.  I find it particularly offensive that Linda, for all her use of Coast in her incestuous marketing loop, refers people to her website Earthfiles.com every other word, when she could very easily upload the pertinent photos to the Coast website for her presentation LIKE EVERY OTHER GUEST DOES! 

Why does she get questions fed to her which she can answer by providing a plug?  Just like the poster above mentioned, a Linda Moulton Howe segment does not require a host.  And since theirs is on the golly-gee level, it's a perfect solution. 

I love some solid research (which doesn't include her opinions on the state of mind of people she has hauled off to Rendelsham Forest for a saucer recreation fest), but doesn't it annoy you that she uses complete sentences over and over, so that the conversation actually bogs down?  What's with that--has Anderson Cooper been taking sound bites and using them for his show?  Has CNN been misquoting her?

GET READY FOR CONVERSATIONS WITH LINDA (where callers will ask, in complete sentences, questions very similar to the ones George read from the card that Linda provided and Linda will reply in complete sentences.)

There's also been a switch with LMH's approach.  Instead of the reporting, fact-gathering, interviewing and corroborating reported incidents of high strangeness, she is now creating them.  In her latest attempt at generating material, she hauled those Rendelsham witnesses back to the forest for what?  So they could recreate their saucer experience ala civil war re-enactment style.  Then she reports on the "result." 

No credible scientist would have stooped to that.  This is not the "verified reportial" contribution George said Linda makes.  Next thing she'll be jumping on the cruise bandwagon and announce the opportunity to be trapped with her aboard the Carnival for a week.  And she will be bringing slides of cattle carcasses, crop circle sketches and maps showing body locations for seal mutilations.  Party on!

Anagrammy

I respect guests who promote their books or websites,
but what LMH does is totally deceptive.
She always says it like you really could just surf to her page
and see the picture/document, but of course you can't.

And she never uploads anything to the Coast website
for people to see of course, like you pointed out.

She talks like she is some kind of computer that has words
sampled in only one pitch, and then just strings them together.
It nearly hurts listening.

And her interviews... well, I don't mind if people use some memo-sheet,
but she just reads them from a card 1:1 like a schoolgirl.

Quote from: punkinpie on January 29, 2011, 09:49:02 PM
Does anyone know when LMH began appearing on C2C?  I don't remember her from the Art Bell days.  Is she George's discovery?

She was one of Art's favorites. She has been a giant in the field since 1980.

But lost her credibility by falling for this rubbish:

I remember LMH being on dreamland every single time that Art hosted it, and on c2c pretty damned frequently from 1994 forward. Never bothered me while listening to original broadcasts. Art used to push her books and products harder than she did.

Noory's version of the show is so bad that her material doesn't come off the way it used to. I can understand how a newer post-Noory listener wouldn't see as much value in her appearances.

Historically she's a more important part of coast than this thread would have you think, definitely not Noory's discovery, she has been investigating cattle mutilation and other strange shit since the 1970s and is well regarded among many early-mid 1990s era coast to coast listeners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lena

May be that some regard her well, but for solving mysteries, disclosure, and such
it sure doesn't help that nobody can see her "evidence" without paying her $$$.

Of course everybody needs to make a living, but when she gets in the way
of solving strange happenings, she should quit.

I recently surfed to http://www.mufon.com/ and noticed that they even host high-res pictures
sent in by people. That's more like it.

BTW. What IS that thing in the picture above? Just photoshoped? Cause it looks really fascinating.

punkinpie

I was an avid listener from 1993 to 1998 when I worked 3rd,  but don't remember her at all. 

George loves her because it's like a night off for him. Just lets her ramble away, and occasionally hits on her.

You know they've knocked boots.

anagrammy

Linda M became less interesting to me when I realized that she is only collecting data and interviewing witnesses.  I realized there was a lot more that could be done by someone with a little more creativity.  I heard a speaker at the last San Leandro UFO conference, can't remember his name, but he had taken a map of a couple of states and shown that the cattle mutilations were geographically positioned downstream from high volume pig slaughterhouses.  There was water contamination as a common denominator, over a couple of states.  Furthermore, mutilations in these areas tended to take place at roughly annual intervals in the same fields.  So it seemed that the perpetrators had a scientific interest in the effect of the contamination on the healthy cattle. 

Unfortunately, this same guy seemed to have gone off the deep end because he concluded that the aliens were communicating with him and he began sleeping with "protection" around his bed from their energy.  Foil hats anyone?

Personally, I don't mind crazy-as-a-loon because many geniuses are. We all know that.  I thought his research was thorough and his conclusions worthy of respect.   But just hearing him made me aware of why I always feel a sense of deflation after I listen to Linda Moulton Howe's mountain of evidence.  Could we move on, LInda?  Have a theory? No?  You're sure it's aliens? If yes, then go with why.   
If no, then go with who.  LET'S MOVE FORWARD.  Got no theory?  Put it out there to the Coast audience if you need ideas.

'Cause right now, it's getting old.

Anagrammy

Quote from: Lena on January 30, 2011, 05:44:06 AM
BTW. What IS that thing in the picture above? Just photoshoped? Cause it looks really fascinating.

It's called a Dragonfly Drone.  Photos of them emerged several years ago, pretty much proven to be computer graphics hoaxes, but Linda insists they are real. Here is more information.

At this point in our history, photographic evidence can no longer be trusted.  Look, these were already done several years ago!

Star Wars Galactic Empire Begins Invasion of San Francisco ( Clone Wars)

Tetra Vaal (Third World Robocop)

analog kid

Quote from: anagrammy on January 30, 2011, 01:55:38 PMjust hearing him made me aware of why I always feel a sense of deflation after I listen to Linda Moulton Howe's mountain of evidence.  Could we move on, LInda?  Have a theory? No?  You're sure it's aliens? If yes, then go with why.   
If no, then go with who.  LET'S MOVE FORWARD.  Got no theory?  Put it out there to the Coast audience if you need ideas.

She was doing a documentary on the subject almost two decades ago, I believe, for HBO, but they shelved it because she couldn't produce the evidence that she claimed she could. She's definitely beaten the subject to death. I started having a problem with her during her Rendlesham reporting, when it turned into the time traveler narrative. She interviewed Penniston and he audibly wanted to back away from that claim on the air, but that didn't stop her, oh no. Not to mention some other problems with that case that a serious reporter would need to address.

Lena

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 30, 2011, 03:51:57 PM
It's called a Dragonfly Drone.  Photos of them emerged several years ago, pretty much proven to be computer graphics hoaxes, but Linda insists they are real. Here is more information.

STRANGE CRAFT Dragonfly Drone UFO

Linda Moulton Howe Dragonfly Danceremix, LOL!
what a great video!
favourite quote by LMH: "and how many of these Dragonflies are in the skies - and nobody knows, cause they're invisible!"

b_dubb

Linda Moulton Huh

i can't stand her.  her recent show about Rendelsham and a bunch of other crap was just banal.  she makes a big deal out of the most ridiculous nonsense

the real problem with "research" in the paranormal is that there's so little to observe.  Rendelsham happened 30 years ago.  memory is faulty.

she needs to hang up her tape recorder and get a real job

b_dubb

@ Do you think it was angels?  wow that international space station is really coming along

Lena

QuoteI was at a Cocktail party at Roswell.
funny LMH quote I just heard  ;D

somebody should make another Dance Remix with samples of her voice.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on January 21, 2011, 02:55:22 PM
Now that's a thought:  the smart girl from academia with facts and no conclusions + the dumb guy from Detroit with conclusions and no facts...
haha, nice one.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: punkinpie on January 30, 2011, 09:17:08 AM
I was an avid listener from 1993 to 1998 when I worked 3rd,  but don't remember her at all.
wow, that's surprising.  she was on incessantly.

Quote from: Michael V. on February 09, 2011, 10:45:49 AM
wow, that's surprising.  she was on incessantly.
Yep, probably as often as Hoagland.  And Dreamland shows without her are pretty rare, too.

b_dubb

i feel like C2C is getting a fee or a percentage from LMH for subscriptions from the C2C plugs.  LMH has too much control over broadcasts to just be a 'guest'. 

Lena

either that, or she blows Snoory real good  ;D

I like her when she does real health type issues but other than that, snooze fest. Of course i like shows that have some basis in reality , like bird deaths or health related topics.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Lena on February 09, 2011, 07:15:09 PMeither that, or she blows Snoory real good  ;D
My my Lena, you have a naughty side...

b_dubb

Quote from: Lena on February 09, 2011, 07:15:09 PM
either that, or she blows Snoory real good  ;D
ewwwwwwww

also ... correct grammar: either that, or she blows Snoory real WELL

still ... ewwwwwwww

anagrammy

A few months ago a listener called in and suggested that George get together with Linda romantically.  There was the familiar shocked silence we so often hear from guests when he asks a question which is so off-topic or so indicative of his level of disconnect.  OR

(Twilight Zone music) was he remembering?   "THERE'S SO MUCH BEING KEPT FROM US...TO CONTROL US!" (nooryism)

By the way OT, did anyone hear the oddball comment he made when GN was interviewing Mark Stevenson about his interview of the "father of the internet" who is now a VP in Google?  The guest was about to quote the man about his view of an optimistic future and George asked,

"Was Al Gore there with him?"  (a dimwitted reference to Al Gore suggesting years ago that he developed the internet)

(shocked radio silence) the guest laughs uncomfortably and goes on.....

Anagrammy

onan

Quote from: anagrammy on February 10, 2011, 06:07:21 AM
"Was Al Gore there with him?"  (a dimwitted reference to Al Gore suggesting years ago that he developed the internet)

Anagrammy

This piece of information is all over the net and comes out of so many different mouths. It seems to me people use this reference to gain some form of credibility as "I see the crazy goings on of politicians".

So to clear it up a bit:

Gore helped craft the "High Performance Computing and Communication Act"--AKA"The Gore Bill" which helped the developement of ARPANET the predecessor of the interwebs. That was between 1988 and 1991, That brought about something called the National Information Infrastructure...

Gore's actual quote:
During my service in the United Stated Congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet. I took the inituative in moving forward the whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvments in our educational system.

Gore always the master spokesman ??? was saying (poorly) that he was responsible for the beginnings of the internet both economically and legislatively.

In that time frame modems were still being connected to phone lines at 26bps and that was considered lightnin fast. And the connection was to AOL, Compuserve, and Prodigy. Does anyone here consider those providers to be the internet?

JustOneFix

I agree with those who say LMH needs to go! She needs to be the voice person over the PA at the airport or train station. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't take over the show with her stupid pre recorded interviews, but at the same time it probably gives ole Georgie Boy some time to shall we say, 'enjoy hearing her voice' as he does fawn all over her when she comes on the show.

srnightowl

Quote from: guildnavigator on January 30, 2011, 05:13:13 AM
I remember LMH being on dreamland every single time that Art hosted it, and on c2c pretty damned frequently from 1994 forward. Never bothered me while listening to original broadcasts. Art used to push her books and products harder than she did.

Noory's version of the show is so bad that her material doesn't come off the way it used to. I can understand how a newer post-Noory listener wouldn't see as much value in her appearances.

Historically she's a more important part of coast than this thread would have you think, definitely not Noory's discovery, she has been investigating cattle mutilation and other strange shit since the 1970s and is well regarded among many early-mid 1990s era coast to coast listeners.

I no fan of LMH at all, yet I think guildnavigator makes a good point, with Art she did not grate on me the way she does now with snoory...perhaps snoory and LMH ae the perfect "toxic couple"...

Lena

your Rush Limbaugh poem is a bit long for a sig, just saying

JustOneFix

It appears that Linda Molting Howe will be on C2C Thursday nite. For you LMH haters such as me, I figured I'd give everyone a heads up.

I'll put the MP3 player on shuffle and let Kreator, Sodom, and Soulfly help me drift off to dreamland. No way am I going to listen to those fabricated interviews. They suck!

anagrammy

Am I understanding correctly that Noory asked Ms. Howl if she for sure was going to be "taking" the next hour? 

And presumably, excited with relief, he stepped out for a submarine and she's actually PRE-RECORDED?  Wow, that explains why they kept going on and on about the UFO Conference show being LIVE!  IT'S LIVE AT THE CONFERENCE AND HERE WE ARE LIVE!

I thought all the shows were live so it was yet another herky-jerky disjointed annoying verbal tic. 

So fill me in, when did this start? 

Anagrammy