Yes
14 (45.2%)
No
6 (19.4%)
Undetermined
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

astroguy

I find Celente very annoying, probably in the top 30% of annoying people on Coast.  LMH and McCants definitely top him any day (though that's a Photoshop mockup I don't want to see ...).  The voice combined with the rants just grate on me.

He's been pretty much wrong in all his futurist things.  Commercial real estate has not caused everyone invested in it to lose all their money.  Gold STILL has never gone above $2k/oz, nor silver even above $50/oz.  Gas is still under $5/gallon.  Most solid predictions I've been able to pull out of him over the years have simply not come true.  Ergo, I classify him as yet another failed psychic (where I use "psychic" as a broad term for anyone who tries to predict the future through any means).

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 07, 2012, 12:42:04 AM
   Belsen was a Gas.
Love it, Coyle.  Love your working-class pessimism overall ~
After my lurking reconnaissance in this site, you inspired me to use a movie character as my handle in here, though Clint's "Shockley" doesn't necessarily encapsulate me like I got the idea that Mitchum's guy did for you.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 07, 2012, 04:13:00 AM
Love it, Coyle.  Love your working-class pessimism overall ~
After my lurking reconnaissance in this site, you inspired me to use a movie character as my handle in here, though Clint's "Shockley" doesn't necessarily encapsulate me like I got the idea that Mitchum's guy did for you.
Thanks. And anybody referencing a 1970's film is okay in my book, "The Gauntlet" is a good flick, but has become somewhat obscure with the passage of time-it probably airs once for every hundred viewings of "Magnum Force".
    Spoiler alert-(about films from 1973 and 1977 ??? )  Unlike Coyle, at least Shockley survives!

b_dubb

there's a 90% probability that a guest on coast is a total weenie.  maybe i'm being generous here.  97%?  is that more realistic?

lorrile

I can't stand Simone.  He can sound very smarmy and at times insecure. Notice how he tries to minimize people he interviews ?  Especially with one recent female guest.  I can't remember her name but he was a real twit.  Something about him comes off as pretty jive.  John B. Wells is a lot more down to earth, human, funny,inventive, seems sweet at times and I have not heard him disrespect anyone the way Simone will. 

Ben Shockley

Quote from: lorrile on January 08, 2012, 12:35:44 AM
I can't stand Simone.  He can sound very smarmy...
I've said elsewhere that Simone sounds like someone doing a hack George Takei impression.   He is the late-nite Venus Flytrap.  "Coast" these days is going for guys with "mellow," sleep-inducing voices.  I'm sure the truck drivers who used to love Art really appreciate PremRad trying to put them in a coma...

pigtart

This was a funny interview not least because it was an awkward pairing with Simone who is really calm and New Agey and Celente who is a ranting crank. Simones questions and comments all missed the mark because he couldnt match Celentes angry complaining and didn't really know very much about the topic with input that consisted of scripted questions and small trivial comments. It's hard to tell with Celente what of his opinions were just personal biases like how he kept mentioning people had style in the 1930's and what were actually based on sound evidence. You just can't tell because he sounds too much like a bitter old crank but his trends research thingy has been around for thirty years. As far as the interview goes this should have been handled by Knapp. Simone needs to stick to interviwing psychics and faith healers.

Frys Girl

Gerald Celente's voice would be great on the simpsons. He could be Marge Simpson's other sister.

pigtart

He's the perfect Italian New Yorker stereotype crank. At one point in the interview he actually said "My friend [Italian name like Jimmy Tamasoli] tole me dat Mitt Romney wouldn't last a second doing whad I do."

Another thing about this investing in gold they are always talking about on AM radio, this lady calls in and says she's living off social security and how can she invest in gold and Celente kind of walked around the question never giving a straight answer but he kind of said for her to go on and invest. Now what if she does that she's got maybe $600 bucks a month what can she buy a gold coin after 3 months of saving? It's so imprudent to suggest that everybody should invest in gold especially if they don't know what they're doing. Celente even said he does it only because he has years of experience and that he had lost money due to some firm screwing him but he's got the money to take a loss like that. The only thing these financial experts should be suggesting is that lower income people steal gold and pawn it.

Scully

Celente is one of George's regulars the mention of whose name sends me screaming into the bushes.  :P

JohnnieB

I dunno, Celente doesn't annoy me half as much as others such as Quayle or the freakin' Numbers Lady ("2 + 2 = 4 x 3 =12 + 7 = 19 - 10 = 9, so yes, you're definitely a nine, George!"), or Linda Mouldy How who desperately needs to gargle with something, pronto. But what kills me about Celente is his forever warning about the impending crash of the American dollar. He then goes on to state (correct me here if I'm wrong) that people need to either invest in gold or silver, or withdraw their money from the banks and find a safe place to keep their moola. Uh...if the dollar is going to crash to less than zero, what's the point of hoarding it?

Segway: I know this doesn't really belong here, but another Coast to Coast peeve of mine are the guests (and Georgie Boy) who, for the past several years have been claiming the NWO's evil wish to reduce the world's population to half a billion. I've heard this time and time again, and still I wait forever in line at the drive-thru and can't find a decent place to park at the mall.

Wild Card Guy

Look, on the one hand, at least Rob Simone can articulate and form coherent sentences, but I find him very bland and vanilla...he's a low frequency vibe kind of guy, and it can put you to sleep. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of passion or energy when he conducts interviews. What a contrast...Simone and Celente! LOL! One with low blood sugar levels and one ingested tranquilizer; one who has consumed three cans of Red Bull and one Starbucks coffee prior to air time!

CoastCanuck

I thought Rob did a good job during his last hosting assignment.  He's different than the other hosts and since his appearances are rare, it takes a bit of adjustment.  But, IMO, he was fine.

blackshap9

Rob Simone puts me to sleep. He needs to grow a third nutsack. He sounds so sheepish I want to punch him in the face. They should cut his ears off and give them to Ian.

Oversoul

Quote from: blackshap9 on February 29, 2012, 02:57:52 PM
Rob Simone puts me to sleep. He needs to grow a third nutsack. He sounds so sheepish I want to punch him in the face. They should cut his ears off and give them to Ian.

I don't think Rob Simone's that bad. :)  I think he does better than Ian Punnett does.  And he's not as much a ham as George Knapp is.  I had hoped that the producers would have made Simone the replacement for the time slots vacated by Ian's pullout.  Simone knows how to ask intelligent questions and run a good interview.  He somehow gives me that satisfactory feeling after a show that Art Bell used to.  I think there's ground for improvement and development with Simone. ;)

Eddie Coyle

Poor Simone, his thread becomes a spam target.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and the site, so my apologies as I'm sure this question has been answered before, but my net connection is brutally slow right now for some reason so searching for answers is going to take forever.

I must admit, I like Rob Simone. But did he get fired? Did he quit? I haven't heard him in a couple of months. Anyone know what happened to him?

Morgus

There is already a pinned "Rob Simone" thread in this section, you might want to read the many posts there for more info on him.
Simone isn't a regular c2c host, he has some local radio show someplace and just fills one night sometimes when Noory is on a vacation like at the end of the year.
So no firing/quitting/disappearing - just wait a few months since there are other fill-in hosts that tend to get used first before him.

Decent show tonight with RS.
One of the first nights in a while I didn't turn the show off midway through and just listen to the "Fine Art" Art Bell stream.

Scully

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 14, 2012, 01:42:14 AM
One of the first nights in a while I didn't turn the show off midway through and just listen to the "Fine Art" Art Bell stream.

What a relief it is!!! ;D

Morgus

Simone got a lot of Noory's frequent callers during open lines tonight.
Old Bill the atheist amateur astronomer even called in to remind everybody he is an athiest.
A bunch of callers called in to refer to guests from earlier in the week that were on with Noory, and several were the usual religious nuts complaining that guests talk about their new age ideas without mentioning Jesus... :o

WOTR

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 14, 2012, 01:42:14 AM
I turned it on half way through the show and it is nice to to have my intelligence insulted every few minutes.  Between Noory and Wells, I have had a hard time listening to more than an hour at a stretch lately.

blackshap9

Quote from: WOTR on April 14, 2012, 03:26:43 AM
I turned it on half way through the show and it is nice to to have my intelligence insulted every few minutes.  Between Noory and Wells, I have had a hard time listening to more than an hour at a stretch lately.
I think you may have forgot to place a "NOT" somewhere.

It was nice to hear him tonight.

stevesh

Even Noory being MIA couldn't save C2C last night. Simone is OK, but the first two hours starred some guy with some 'theory of everything' that he couldn't begin to articulate. Shades of David Wilcock. And isn't it possible to have a guest on C2C, just once, who doesn't feel the need to babble on about Jesus ?

The callers to Open Lines were worse than usual (which is saying something). Boring, blithering idiots and two of them obviously drunk. Can't someone train the C2C producers to recognize a drunk and keep him/her off the air ?

WOTR

Quote from: blackshap9 on April 14, 2012, 03:35:00 AM
I think you may have forgot to place a "NOT" somewhere.

It was nice to hear him tonight.
Well...That is what listening to Noory for too many nights in a row results in; my IQ has been lowered to a point where I start missing words and mispronounce things.

(Fine, my missing the word may not be Noory related.) 

blackshap9

George didn't even host last night yet people are still blaming him for a crappy show  hahahaha  :P

preston

Quote from: stevesh on April 14, 2012, 03:54:22 AM
Even Noory being MIA couldn't save C2C last night. Simone is OK, but the first two hours starred some guy with some 'theory of everything' that he couldn't begin to articulate. Shades of David Wilcock. And isn't it possible to have a guest on C2C, just once, who doesn't feel the need to babble on about Jesus ?

The callers to Open Lines were worse than usual (which is saying something). Boring, blithering idiots and two of them obviously drunk. Can't someone train the C2C producers to recognize a drunk and keep him/her off the air ?
I would say 3 drunks and 1 that was doped up on downers.

Vatar

I think the real problem is that when someone was whipping up a batch of C2C they accidentally poured the whole bottle of pseudo-science instead of just a dash.  Analogous to this would be the quirky college professor who teaches a modern conspiracies class and starts to believe the crap he is teaching.  Slowly people are going to stop registering for the class the crazier he gets.

Now on topic I really like Rob Simone he has a a great voice for radio unlike snoory and he seems to ask the right questions of the guests.  As other people have mentioned previously he is one of the only hosts that doesn't cause me to turn the radio off.

Lovely Bones

I missed Simone last night, but I'll add my general impression of him: he goes down smoothly (which is more than I can say for the current "ship's crew," as per Wells), although I have yet to feel the excitement I've sometimes felt with Knapp and Ian. 

Of course, we've had only a small sample of Simone, so perhaps that's not fair.

Either which way, I'd take him over the current rotation of 3 any day.