• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Macbook Pro help:

Started by Earth Pod, October 05, 2013, 12:57:14 AM

Earth Pod

I'm a long time PC user w/little experience w/Macs.   But that is going to change.  I just got a Macbook Pro and now need to decorate it.   Can anyone suggest some good software for designing websites and other creative/graphic work? ---From the best to free.  I also need something like MS Office w/a word processor.  And or anything else I may need. 

I'd appreciate the direction.    Thanks!

Falkie2013

Quote from: Earth Pod on October 05, 2013, 12:57:14 AM
I'm a long time PC user w/little experience w/Macs.   But that is going to change.  I just got a Macbook Pro and now need to decorate it.   Can anyone suggest some good software for designing websites and other creative/graphic work? ---From the best to free.  I also need something like MS Office w/a word processor.  And or anything else I may need. 

I'd appreciate the direction.    Thanks!

Freeway if you have no experience with HTML. But there are a number of other web design programs.
And Apple has its suite counting Iworks, etc.

Earth Pod

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 05, 2013, 02:06:13 AM
Freeway if you have no experience with HTML. But there are a number of other web design programs.
And Apple has its suite counting Iworks, etc.
Thanks Falkie!

I have some experience w/HTML and will check freeway out as well as Iworks.   What do you think of Photoshop/illistrator?

I am not sure how technical you are, but Python/Django is very nice in my opinion.

Earth Pod

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 05, 2013, 04:48:04 PM
I am not sure how technical you are, but Python/Django is very nice in my opinion.
Thanks Mind!

I'm very technical w/PC's but haven't worked w/a mac since my ibook 2002 so I have bit of a learning curve here.  My goal is to be as good w/a mac as I am w/a PC --ez pz I'm sure.   

Nice looking program and I'll d/l it and check it out. 

I'd also like to know the high end software used, as well.