• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Major incident - explosion in Leicester 20180225

Started by Juan, February 25, 2018, 05:03:12 PM

Up All Night

Leicester City Mayor Sir Peter Soulsby said: "The area is still closed off and will be for some considerable time. We have traffic diversions in place and these will remain for the foreseeable future.

"We are still waiting to hear what caused this terrible incident, but it looks likely it was a gas explosion.

"We remain in close contact with the police and fire service and await their update on this.

“It may be some days yet before we will be able to establish the probable cause of the explosion.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/25/breaking-newspolice-declare-major-incident-leicester-amid-reports/

Uncle Duke

Just read the shop where the explosion occurred has only recently open as a Polish grocery.

Gd5150

Seems like the major explosion thread should be crossed with the worst pubic restroom experience thread.

Up All Night

Was the guy that was farting on the airplane in that shop??

Juan

Police have arrested three men in their 30s in connection with the explosion. Government insists it’s not terrorism.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Juan on February 28, 2018, 04:10:16 PM
Police have arrested three men in their 30s in connection with the explosion. Government insists it’s not terrorism.

Work place violence?

albrecht

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/28/breaking-three-men-arrested-suspicion-manslaughter-following/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget
"have arrested three men on suspicion of manslaughter. "The three men, all in their 30s, have been arrested in the last hour and are being questioned by detectives.
"One man comes from East Anglia, the second from the North West of the country, and the third from the East Midlands. No further details will be released about these individuals at this stage."
Dodgy plumbing and remodeling work for cash and off the books? Arrests for manslaughter and claims about  a Polish grocery and a take-out place makes me think maybe some illegal work getting improperly done resulting in a gas explosion?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on February 28, 2018, 04:24:29 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/28/breaking-three-men-arrested-suspicion-manslaughter-following/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget
"have arrested three men on suspicion of manslaughter. "The three men, all in their 30s, have been arrested in the last hour and are being questioned by detectives.
"One man comes from East Anglia, the second from the North West of the country, and the third from the East Midlands. No further details will be released about these individuals at this stage."
Dodgy plumbing and remodeling work for cash and off the books? Arrests for manslaughter and claims about  a Polish grocery and a take-out place makes me think maybe some illegal work getting improperly done resulting in a gas explosion?

Entirely possible, does make sense.  From my time in the UK, I got the impression the Brits associate Poles with off-the-books handyman/contractor work much the way many think of Mexicans here.  Will be interesting to see if the alleged perpetrators have Polish names.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 28, 2018, 04:31:42 PM

Entirely possible, does make sense.  From my time in the UK, I got the impression the Brits associate Poles with off-the-books handyman/contractor work much the way many think of Mexicans here.  Will be interesting to see if the alleged perpetrators have Polish names.
The "Polish Plumber" became a political talking-point with regard to immigration issues in the UK and Europe. Poland, in a funny campaign, tried to co-opt the image by making tourism posters featuring "hot" Polish Plumber and Polish Nurse and encouraging visitors to visit.