• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

eddie dean

Thanks to everyone who  listened to the show tonight,  everyone in the chat room and everyone who called in. Mv, west of the rockies, feerles1, thru tarmac, b dubb, and aldous burbank. Did I forget anyone?

The mp3 download of The GabCast 2.0 will be posted at UFOShip.com most likely  tomorrow, Tuesday. Get to work MV!

We made huge strides tonight towards a more polished and better flowing show. The phones worked fine this time, now I need to learn how to use skypes advanced features, such as; answer call, end call, hold call and add to conference!

Next Monday 12.23.13, we will be giving away a used book "The Coming Global Superstorm" to one very lucky caller. We will post the details of how to "win" soon.

Also, Bellgabs own, Aldous Burbank has graciously agreed to join us on a semi-regular basis for a new segment we are calling "Ask Aldous".  Submit your questions for ab to me EddieDean, Jazmunda or Onan prior to the show next week. We will ask ab your questions on air, or you can call in at 602.399.7131 to ask him yourself.
More details soon...
The only taboo topics: clowns and lawnmower repair.  EDIT: and dumb sports such as cricket! :D

Please refer any taboo topic questions to: The Spec Sheet at UFOShip.com Tuesdays at 5 pst, 8 est

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on December 17, 2013, 02:13:16 AM

The only taboo topics: clowns and lawnmower repair. 

Damn! My favourite two topics.. I can't call in anyway, as you go on air at 1am here, and I REALLY need my beauty sleep. But maybe I'll try next week. I can goad Jaz over the Aussie cricket shambles; Oh, I might have that wrong.  :-[

eddie dean

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 17, 2013, 02:40:08 AM
Damn! My favourite two topics.. I can't call in anyway, as you go on air at 1am here, and I REALLY need my beauty sleep. But maybe I'll try next week. I can goad Jaz over the Aussie cricket shambles; Oh, I might have that wrong.  :-[

Thanks for reminding me! See my above Edit  ;)  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on December 17, 2013, 03:17:20 AM
Thanks for reminding me! See my above Edit  ;)  ;D

We could entertain you in the finer skills of sledging...and it has nothing to do with snow.  ;D..I'm a terrible giggler so I'd be rolling around before I could get one in.

Great show, guys! Lots of fun, and of course, the callers were great, too. Loved hearing about 'nice guy' Jorch and his aspirations, even then.  ::)

Must think of a good question for Ask Aldous...

Quote from: Treading Water on December 16, 2013, 09:34:57 PM
I was all ready to call in tonight and had to leave the computer to patch up my toe.  Embarrassing story involving dog pee, snow, ice, bare feet.  Yeah, I'm a clutz...By the time I got back, you guys were wrapping it up.  Maybe next week.   :-[

Oh no! This is a story in itself, I think. I hope your toe is better, TW! You were missed.

jazmunda

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 17, 2013, 05:41:25 AM

Please do. The weirder the better.

Great show, guys! Lots of fun, and of course, the callers were great, too. Loved hearing about 'nice guy' Jorch and his aspirations, even then.  ::)

Oh no! This is a story in itself, I think. I hope your toe is better, TW! You were missed.

It was ALIENS stole my shoes!!!!  Oh, the blood, the blood. 
That's all I have to say about that.     8)

eddie dean

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 17, 2013, 03:21:57 AM
We could entertain you in the finer skills of sledging...and it has nothing to do with snow.  ;D..I'm a terrible giggler so I'd be rolling around before I could get one in.

I never searched for the term "goatsy".
It's probably best for me to apply the same tactic with "sledging".
In this situation, ignorance is bliss! ;D

eddie dean

Thanks UC.
I hope you can call in next Monday!

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on December 17, 2013, 05:43:36 PM
I never searched for the term "goatsy".
It's probably best for me to apply the same tactic with "sledging".
In this situation, ignorance is bliss! ;D

I wish it was that sinister.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sledging

(warning don't click on the link if you are near your grandma - bwahahahahaha).

Seriously though it's safe to click.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on December 17, 2013, 05:45:37 PM
Thanks UC.
I hope you can call in next Monday!

I will be on vacation and not required to go back to work after the podcast so I may even have a drink or two. That should be fun.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on December 17, 2013, 05:47:19 PM
I wish it was that sinister.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sledging

(warning don't click on the link if you are near your grandma - bwahahahahaha).

Seriously though it's safe to click.

Lol.
In the usa we call it trash talking. An attempt to get under the skin of opposing players.
We should do this on the show!

Eddie: "Oi Jazmunda, why are you so fat?"
Jazmunda: "Because everytime I shag your wife she gives me a biscuit
"

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on December 17, 2013, 05:47:26 AM
Please do. The weirder the better.

On pill makes you dumb
CoastGab Version Two Point Oh
A hookah smoking

Caterpillar has
A number for you to call
Heh go Ask Aldous

Winter turns to Fall
White Knight is talking backwards
Mexican Haiku

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 17, 2013, 06:17:04 PM
On pill makes you dumb
CoastGab Version Two Point Oh
A hookah smoking

Caterpillar has
A number for you to call
Heh go Ask Aldous

Winter turns to Fall
White Knight is talking backwards
Mexican Haiku

Feed your head, feed your head feed your headdddd...

Quote from: jazmunda on December 17, 2013, 05:48:20 PM
I will be on vacation and not required to go back to work after the podcast so I may even have a drink or two. That should be fun.

Drink! Feck! Arse!    Oh, sorry, I was watching a Father Ted marathon and got carried away. But still, drink!

wr250

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 17, 2013, 06:55:58 PM
Drink! Feck! Arse!    Oh, sorry, I was watching a Father Ted marathon and got carried away. But still, drink!

make sure to eat the worm at the bottom of the bottle too

Where do we submit our questions for Aldous?

jazmunda

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 17, 2013, 07:10:27 PM
Where do we submit our questions for Aldous?

PM either me, eddie dean or onan. (pm the three of us actually).

Whatever you do don't tell Aldous. Keep it on the DL.

BobGrau

Quote from: jazmunda on December 17, 2013, 07:15:15 PM
PM either me, eddie dean or onan. (pm the three of us actually).

Whatever you do don't tell Aldous. Keep it on the DL.

Please Ask Aldous if he's got any John C. Lilly stories. Screw Leary.

eddie dean

A Description and details of The GabCast 2.0 segment:
"Ask Aldous"
AldousBurbank writes:
I don't know, don't care, but ask me and I’ll pass it through my brain and see what comes out the other side.
If I can't be informative, I'll fake it.
If I can't fake it,  I’ll be funny.
If I can’t be funny, I'll hang up on you.
This is my promise. Think of my brain as a human jukebox, with 45rpm singles, mostly from the 1970's, that someone rewired accidentally on purpose. Whose got quarters?

Submit your question via bellgab PM to EddieDean, Jazmuda and Onan. We will read your question for the resident hippy philosopher/zen fire watcher & life traveler on the air.
Or
You can call into the show to ask your question directly to him, once he joins us on air (Approximately 40 minutes past the hour).

Any subject, any issue, any problem is fair game.

Life issues:
Are you my dad?
Work troubles:
Why does my boss suck?
Sexual troubles:
Why am I attracted to dung beetles?
Philisophical quandaries:
Why is there something rather than nothing?
Miscellaneous question:
Hey! What the fuck is your problem?
Paranormal question:
What is a good restaurant for a first date with a "gray"?
Followup: Is it spelled grey or gray?

Please don't  PM your questions to Aldous directly,  spontaneous answers, live on the show, are key.

Disclaimers:
Questions about clowns or lawnmower repair will not be tolerated! Ever!
The GabCast 2.0, AldousBurbank and  UfoShip.com will not be held liable, responsible or in any way culpable for any and all advice you might recieve or follow. The GabCast 2.0 reserves the right to hold you, your closest family member, or first born child, accountable, in perpitude, if this bit fails to generate listener participation in any measurable way. Bank account numbers must be provided along with any accompanying passwords at the time of question submission.

aldousburbank

Quote from: BobGrau on December 17, 2013, 07:21:22 PM
Please Ask Aldous if he's got any John C. Lilly stories. Screw Leary.

I don't recall any stories of Lilly screwing Leary. Or vice versa. Ran into the dude but mostly his circles... But I have a Diego Rivera story relating to Dr. Lilly (loved his auto "The Scientist", crazy mfer)

But the Ask Aldous bit, I prefer to keep about your stuff, cuz that's more interesting because I don't care, in a good way mind you. I'm so bored with the dude who plays the dude but sometime perhaps, in another thread or another podcast.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on December 17, 2013, 08:50:56 PM
Bank account numbers must be provided along with any accompanying passwords at the time of question submission.

lol  ;D

jazmunda

We also have a competition where we are giving away a very used and abused copy of The Coming Global Superstorm (It could be worse. It could have been a brand new copy of Worker in the Light) to the listener who submits the best one liner from the forum. It has to be something that is worthy of the quote at the top of the Bellgab.com page. What makes a quote worthy of the top of the bellgab.com page I hear you ask? Well the answer to that lies deep in the recesses of MV's sick and twisted mind. Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enters Here.

Submit all your one liners along with a check of $12, a bottle of the 2nd least expensive bottle of booze you can find and a relatively unused Penthouse magazine to the PMs of eddie dean, onan or myself. Or we can have a foursome and you can PM all of us at the same time. Get your dirty mind out of the gutter random bellgab poster. We won't be doing anything illegal.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on December 17, 2013, 09:42:35 PM
We also have a competition where we are giving away a very used and abused copy of The Coming Global Superstorm (It could be worse. It could have been a brand new copy of Worker in the Light) to the listener who submits the best one liner from the forum. It has to be something that is worthy of the quote at the top of the Bellgab.com page. What makes a quote worthy of the top of the bellgab.com page I hear you ask? Well the answer to that lies deep in the recesses of MV's sick and twisted mind. Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enters Here.

Submit all your one liners along with a check of $12, a bottle of the 2nd least expensive bottle of booze you can find and a relatively unused Penthouse magazine to the PMs of eddie dean, onan or myself. Or we can have a foursome and you can PM all of us at the same time. Get your dirty mind out of the gutter random bellgab poster. We won't be doing anything illegal.

bateman

How long is this podcast? I don't have all day.