• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Marijuana

Started by Marc.Knight, March 20, 2010, 01:13:07 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on September 09, 2016, 07:43:57 PM
lol both candidates should be thrown out a helicopter by the reanimated corpse of George Washington lol

Yeah, I'd vote for that guy!  :D

mikuthing01

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 09, 2016, 07:31:42 PM
Those friends who seem most drawn to weed are those wound pretty tight.

lmao made me remember a guy that was a friend of my friends sister as a kid. He was wound tighter than a 8 day clock they nicknamed him weasel. My friends parents had these 5 sided plexi glass plant stands and he would stick their cats in it and hot box it full of pot smoke and get their cats high. It was actually pretty damn funny at the time but yeah... potheads do seem to be wound tight this guy was jumpy and laughed at everything.

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 09, 2016, 07:31:42 PM
Those friends who seem most drawn to weed are those wound pretty tight.

Based on my personal experiences and observations, there's no way that I can ever agree with this. I've known tons of people who smoked pot over the decades and have never found there to be any specific personality type common amongst them. Some are wrapped type while others are super mellow. Most are just regular run of the mill people. They've crossed the gamut from being very highly successful to complete losers and every type in between. Some in extremely respected and distinquisted positions that would surprise some of you. (No, I won't bust them by identifying those positions but some were very impressive.) Most were just regular people living regular lives. In fact, I've seen more of the losers giving in to alcohol more than pot. Not saying that I haven't seen some loser pot heads either. In most cases, those people were losers who just happened to also smoke pot (and most likely, drank and took other drugs) rather than it be that the pot made them losers.

Bottom line, what I've found is that most of them pretty much had the good sense of knowing when to smoke, or not, rather than letting it become a daily routine or in the wrong situations. Just like alcohol. One must has the good sense of knowing how to use it. If fact, most of the pot smokers I knew had that good sense while less of the drinkers I knew had. Way, way more alchies than pot heads. That still holds true from what I see to this very day. It's not airtight but just what I've often observed.

What I'm much, much more afraid of are prescription drugs. So many of them are over-prescribed and, even when used as instructed, more of a threat than most pot. (Not counting some sort of super strength pot and definitely not synthetic pot which, in my mind, is 'not' pot.) I know several very straight laced people who regularly take specific prescriptions that are more intoxicating than pot and they sometimes scare the crap out of me for fear they will have some tragic results. On top of that, they have this mind set that because it was given to them by a doctor, that it's all okay... even when it's much, much more dangerous than pot. Yet, they often think pot is so evil. I see this all the time in the elderly, but not exclusively. They scare me even more than the pot heads. Worse yet, those very same people will often drink alcohol with those drugs thinking all is fine... because the doctor's drugs won't hurt them.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on September 09, 2016, 08:28:30 PM
Based on my personal experiences and observations, there's no way that I can ever agree with this...

Interesting observations, thanks.  I think because you're omitting daily users and people who don't use it sensibly, you're talking about a different class of people.  I'm talking daily use, obsessed with extracting the most out of it, have to smoke before they eat.

Purely anecdotal I know, but the two guys I know like that (who don't know each other, and, since I'm in WA, are a small percentage of the pot smokers I know) are gym rats, drive fast cars, gamble, and are more likely than most to get in fights.  And FWIW hold steady jobs and are otherwise normal socially.

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 09, 2016, 08:44:27 PM
Interesting observations, thanks.  I think because you're omitting daily users and people who don't use it sensibly, you're talking about a different class of people.  I'm talking daily use, obsessed with extracting the most out of it, have to smoke before they eat.

Okay. Fair enough. I would classify them along with the alcoholics or other substance abusers, usually victims of having an addictive personality. Still can't say they tend to be, by nature, wired people but I guess they would get a bit antsy when they run out just like alchies and some other substance users get when they are off their routine. Hell, cigarette smokers are some of the worst! Exceptions would be actual physical addicts, like junkies, that have different needs that are more physiological than psychological. Different issue.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 09, 2016, 08:44:27 PM

The erroneous assumption you make is that people who use it daily aren't using it sensibly but many use it daily for chronic pain, nausea, anxiety and/or depression. Perhaps you're talking about people who don't have any of those problems but still use it recreationally daily but even then who are we to say that it's of no value to them? Whether on drugs or not we should be (and ultimately are) responsible for ourselves and our actions. So, if someone commits a crime while on drugs they should most certainly be punished for the crime, not for being on drugs.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 09, 2016, 08:57:20 PM
The erroneous assumption you make is that people who use it daily aren't using it sensibly but many use it daily for chronic pain, nausea, anxiety and/or depression. Perhaps you're talking about people who don't have any of those problems but still use it recreationally daily but even then who are we to say that it's of no value to them? Whether on drugs or not we should be (and ultimately are) responsible for ourselves and our actions. So, if someone commits a crime while on drugs they should most certainly be punished for the crime, not for being on drugs.

Case in point hahaha relax dude I agree with you.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 09, 2016, 08:59:29 PM
Case in point hahaha relax dude I agree with you.

Like I told you, I am relaxed. I do this for fun.  ;)

=Schlyder=

Smoke em if you got em. 
For you anti-cannabis retards.... go pound your nuts flat with a ball peen hammer.

I'm anti-pot because my family was affected for years by my brother's drug use and I've seen friends and other relatives lives go down the shithole once they started on pot.  I have never known anybody who smokes pot casually and continues to live a normal life.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't occur.  I know it does but I could never be personally for legalizing drugs due to my experiences with family and friends.  That's all I've got to say about it.

My childhood was hell because of my brother's drug use and I wouldn't wish a similar experience on anybody.  My life was steered off course by the trauma I experienced dealing with a brother who was damaged by drugs. PTSD.  Nothing to take lightly.

I'm not telling other people how to think or what to think.  I'm just relating my experiences.  I know I'm in the minority and I know that pot will probably be legalized one day but I don't have to like it.  If you want to throw what I have relayed out with the dishwater, that is fine with me.

I'm not saying that wonderful things have not been done under the influence of them.  I love psychedelic music and different kinds of art. It is just that there is no place for drugs in my life except for an occasional alcoholic beverage.  Alcohol was not abused by my brother or anybody in my family so I give it a pass.  Smoke your joints and have a good time and as long as you don't hurt others, I'm good with it.  I just worry about legalization across the board.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 09, 2016, 09:20:48 PM
I'm anti-pot because my family was affected for years by my brother's drug use and I've seen friends and other relatives lives go down the shithole once they started on pot.  I have never known anybody who smokes pot casually and continues to live a normal life.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't occur.  I know it does but I could never be personally for legalizing drugs due to my experiences with family and friends.  That's all I've got to say about it.

My childhood was hell because of my brother's drug use and I wouldn't wish a similar experience on anybody.

So what? how does that give you more insight to decide what other people ingest?
Everyone has a story like that.  My mom was an alcoholic. I have friends who are alcoholic, and other family members who are/were alcoholic.  I have friends who were/ are drug users. I know people who abuse prescription drugs. I know people who drink coffee, I know people who don't use anything.  And some of those people did shitty things, and some didn't.   That is life. Everyone has stories of bad experiences in life.    I couldn't care less if they made everything legal.  It would likely be less problems in the long run.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Schlyder7 on September 09, 2016, 09:12:06 PM
Smoke em if you got em. 
For you anti-cannabis retards.... go pound your nuts flat with a ball peen hammer.

I will get right on that Jack Burton, how flat would you like them?

=Schlyder=

LOL  so, because no one in your family abused alcohol, you give it a pass?  How hypocritical of you  LOL

21st, please know that I am not dismissing what you are saying, how you feel or anything about your experiences. They are just as valid as anyone else's. I would assume that everyone else here agrees with that. Very sorry that you and your family went through bad times. I am not saying it cannot happen. Obviously, it happened in your life. Perfect example of why it must be recognized that not everyone can take it so lightheartedly. One must know themself and practice personal discipline when using any kind of substance. You know what works for you and that's valuable in your world. Good that you know and don't let the world make up your mind for you.

Quote from: Schlyder7 on September 09, 2016, 10:00:34 PM
So what? how does that give you more insight to decide what other people ingest?
Everyone has a story like that.  My mom was an alcoholic. I have friends who are alcoholic, and other family members who are/were alcoholic.  I have friends who were/ are drug users. I know people who abuse prescription drugs. I know people who drink coffee, I know people who don't use anything.  And some of those people did shitty things, and some didn't.   That is life. Everyone has stories of bad experiences in life.    I couldn't care less if they made everything legal.  It would likely be less problems in the long run.

I've seen it used as a gateway drug for far too many of my friends and family.  Maybe if you had to go through hell wondering if your mother was going to be physically and mentally abused by a brother day after day, year after year, you'd think differently.  Coming home from school seeing a loved one constantly bedridden because of the abuse being hurled at them.  Dad being gone for weeks on end and having to be the man of the house and always having to stay on guard and wait for the next explosion of verbal and physical violence.  I was 6 years younger than my brother. Yeah, life sucked bigtime and my Mom's life was undoubtedly shortened because of the stress.  So you wonder why I am against drugs and such.  Maybe because I don't want to see what I lived through happen to others.

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on September 09, 2016, 10:04:53 PM
21st, please know that I am not dismissing what you are saying, how you feel or anything about your experiences. They are just as valid as anyone else's. I would assume that everyone else here agrees with that. Very sorry that you and your family went through bad times. I am not saying it cannot happen. Obviously, it happened in your life. Perfect example of why it must be recognized that not everyone can take it so lightheartedly. One must know themself and practice personal discipline when using any kind of substance. You know what works for you and that's valuable in your world. Good that you know and don't let the world make up your mind for you.

Thanks for your sympathy, Astrid.  I'm not saying people aren't correct to believe differently than me.  I'm just saying I personally could never support legalization due to my life-shaping experiences.

trostol

all i know about the stuff is..when i was doing it..it made me sleepy lol

maybe if i keep up with not being able to sleep i will go back to it lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on September 09, 2016, 10:19:56 PM

Go the edible route if you do

Quote from: trostol on September 09, 2016, 10:19:56 PM

Even after all I've been through, I have tried it.  Several times.  I couldn't even get sleepy.  Maybe it made me a little less on edge but the effects were minimal.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 09, 2016, 10:15:22 PM
Thanks for your sympathy, Astrid.  I'm not saying people aren't correct to believe differently than me.  I'm just saying I personally could never support legalization due to my life-shaping experiences.

Yeah, I get it, and that's how I perceived it. Totally respect your right to believe how you do and fully understand. I've gone through my own shit that has shaped my mind that I still have to work through. Somewhat similiar yet very different. What I saw was a serious dysfunction that some self-medicate trying to get through. Sometimes it helps and other times it destroys. In your world, it clearly destroyed. In mine, a little of it helped and a little to others destroyed. But for me, it was more the dysfuntion that destroyed much more so than any sustances had effects on the various players.

Best to you, 21st. May your healing continue and do so with ease.  ;)

trostol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 09, 2016, 10:24:06 PM
Even after all I've been through, I have tried it.  Several times.  I couldn't even get sleepy.  Maybe it made me a little less on edge but the effects were minimal.

it was all it did to me..i would smoke a joint and with in like..20 minutes..out like a light..no munchies..nothing else lol

Quote from: norland2424 on September 09, 2016, 10:20:38 PM
Go the edible route if you do

nifty

Catsmile

I'm anti fast food because my family was affected for years by my brother's fast food use and I've seen friends and other relatives lives go down the shithole once they started on fast food.  I have never known anybody who eats fast food casually and continues to live a normal life.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't occur.  I know it does but I could never be personally for fast food due to my experiences with family and friends.

I'm anti gun because my family was affected for years by my brother's gun use and I've seen friends and other relatives lives go down the shithole once they started on guns.  I have never known anybody who own guns casually and continues to live a normal life.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't occur.  I know it does but I could never be personally for legalizing guns due to my experiences with family and friends.

I'm anti Christian because my family was affected for years by my brother's Jesus use and I've seen friends and other relatives lives go down the shithole once they started on God.  I have never known anybody who uses God casually and continues to live a normal life.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't occur.  I know it does but I could never be personally for legalizing Religion due to my experiences with family and friends.

I was almost murdered, the man used a gun. The person who shot me was drinking, and taking pills not prescribed to him. After multiple surgery's and a long physical recovery, diagnosed with PTSD. I'm now anti-gun, anti-double tap, anti-prescription pill, anti-alcohol, and anti-PTSD. Because I had a bad experience once, no one should be allowed access to all the above things. Because MY FEELS. :o :o

See how that works? You can blame all kinds of objects inanimate to supernatural for peoples actions or behaviors. I find it strange how conservatives who are all for personal responsibility, shirk the personal responsibility rule when its a loved one, and blame everything under the Sun on the loved ones bad behavior. Sounds like something a limp wristed Liberal SJW would spew up crying about, because of my feelings.

BOOTSTRAPS, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, LOGIC, REASON. NOT FEELINGS!!! Liberalism is a disease. Make 'Murica great again. AmIrite?! Oh wait...   

=Schlyder=

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 09, 2016, 10:10:27 PM
I've seen it used as a gateway drug for far too many of my friends and family.  Maybe if you had to go through hell wondering if your mother was going to be physically and mentally abused by a brother day after day, year after year, you'd think differently.  Coming home from school seeing a loved one constantly bedridden because of the abuse being hurled at them.  Dad being gone for weeks on end and having to be the man of the house and always having to stay on guard and wait for the next explosion of verbal and physical violence.  I was 6 years younger than my brother. Yeah, life sucked bigtime and my Mom's life was undoubtedly shortened because of the stress.  So you wonder why I am against drugs and such.  Maybe because I don't want to see what I lived through happen to others.

Well I can tell you many horror stories involving alcohol.  Some involving family, my mom included....her 2nd husband beat her up, and later committed suicide...to which I had to go and retrieve items from the vehicle he did it in, and then clean his brains and blood from.  My friend who ran a Hotel/bar had been attacked many times by patrons of the bar, and by thieves in the night who hit him with a hammer to the head, nearly killing him. Many folks dying in accidents involving alcohol.  I can tell you sad stories of drug abuse... friends ODing. I can tell you about a friend who didn't do anything but coffee committing suicide.   That is life.  You still don't get to choose. 

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on September 09, 2016, 10:24:29 PM
Yeah, I get it, and that's how I perceived it. Totally respect your right to believe how you do and fully understand. I've gone through my own shit that has shaped my mind that I still have to work through. Somewhat similiar yet very different. What I saw was a serious dysfunction that some self-medicate trying to get through. Sometimes it helps and other times it destroys. In your world, it clearly destroyed. In mine, a little of it helped and a little to others destroyed. But for me, it was more the dysfuntion that destroyed much more so than any sustances had effects on the various players.

Best to you, 21st. May your healing continue and do so with ease.  ;)

May yours as well.  ;D  Actually I try to avoid the topic of drugs for the most part but something in me tonight wanted me to state my piece.  I don't give a rat's ass what others do as long as no harm comes to others as a result.  Live and let live is my creed. 

trostol

in the end it comes down to personal handling and moderation that only the individual can really do..be it marijuana or alcohol

Quote from: Schlyder7 on September 09, 2016, 10:30:00 PM
Well I can tell you many horror stories involving alcohol.  Some involving family, my mom included....her 2nd husband beat her up, and later committed suicide...to which I had to go and retrieve items from the vehicle he did it in, and then clean his brains and blood from.  My friend who ran a Hotel/bar had been attacked many times by patrons of the bar, and by thieves in the night who hit him with a hammer to the head, nearly killing him. Many folks dying in accidents involving alcohol.  I can tell you sad stories of drug abuse... friends ODing. I can tell you about a friend who didn't do anything but coffee committing suicide.   That is life.  You still don't get to choose.

I agree with you there.  I just got to reflecting on it a lot tonight.  If you want to support legalization, that is cool by me. I was just stating the reasons why I could never support legalization.  Sorry for the sob story.  All of us have our trials that we go through in life. Hopefully, we come out stronger on the other side.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on September 09, 2016, 10:31:20 PM
in the end it comes down to personal handling and moderation that only the individual can really do..be it marijuana or alcohol

Bellgab has to many damn drunks on it lol

=Schlyder=

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 09, 2016, 10:33:16 PM
I agree with you there.  I just got to reflecting on it a lot tonight.  If you want to support legalization, that is cool by me. I was just stating the reasons why I could never support legalization.  Sorry for the sob story.  All of us have our trials that we go through in life. Hopefully, we come out stronger on the other side.

It is still hypocritical of you to say you give alcohol a pass because it hasn't effected you or your family, and yet be against legalizing cannabis, which the prohibition of has suredly caused more problems and horror stories than it prevented.

Quote from: trostol on September 09, 2016, 10:31:20 PM

Undoubtedly.  There's a lot of dumbasses in the world that can't seem to do that though. Oh well, such is the world.