• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 25, 2016, 05:04:17 PM
Damn. Now I want Thai food.

Yeah, me too. I did find a package of lemongrass basil simmer sauce just now in the pantry. Not as good as fresh, but the herb garden is currently dead.

Mr. Fidget

Shhhh! You'll wake Cthulhu!

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 04:30:10 PM
Cilantro is a very contentious herb. One could even characterize it as the Donald Trump of herbs. You either like it or you don't, there is no in between. Personally, I like it a lot.

Cilantro is ok..not my thing..not rockin enough for me

https://youtu.be/5HpzZxOnlek

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 05:08:50 PM
Yeah, me too. I did find a package of lemongrass basil simmer sauce just now in the pantry. Not as good as fresh, but the herb garden is currently dead.

There is a Thai place by me that makes a dish they call clay pot scallops. It has cilantro, Thai basil, lemongrass, galanga, some type of Thai cabbage, kafir lime leaves, fresh chilies, Thai glass noodles, tofu and about 6 huge scallops cooked in a Tom yum broth.  They back in it an oven, and then it is served with Jasmine rice. It's not on their menu.  They had it as a special about 20 years ago, and they will usually make it for me if they have all the ingredients and it is not too busy. It is one of my favorite meals.

Element 115

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 25, 2016, 05:14:30 PM
There is a Thai place by me that makes a dish they call clay pot scallops. It has cilantro, Thai basil, lemongrass, galanga, some type of Thai cabbage, kafir lime leaves, fresh chilies, Thai glass noodles, tofu and about 6 huge scallops cooked in a Tom yum broth.  They back in it an oven, and then it is served with Jasmine rice. It's not on their menu.  They had it as a special about 20 years ago, and they will usually make it for me if they have all the ingredients and it is not too busy. It is one of my favorite meals.

Epic. I also love drunken noodle with chicken. It has to be made a certain way. There was a place we used to go to in Portland, Maine called Thai Pom. They had the best Mai Thai drinks and drunken noodle with chicken.

We'd always go there starving. We would order crab rangoon as an appetizer, and Mai Thai drinks. We'd be buzzed off one Mai Thai due to empty stomach and the epicness of the drink.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on January 25, 2016, 05:11:22 PM
Cilantro is ok..not my thing..not rockin enough for me

Not surprising given that you're an ageless minion of Cthulhu. R'lyehan food is too spicy for me. Plus it usually involves eating people.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 05:19:24 PM
Not surprising given that you're an ageless minion of Cthulhu. R'lyehan food is too spicy for me. Plus it usually involves eating people.

that is greatly exaggerated

GravitySucks

Quote from: Element 115 on January 25, 2016, 05:19:13 PM
Epic. I also love drunken noodle with chicken. It has to be made a certain way. There was a place we used to go to in Portland, Maine called Thai Pom. They had the best Mai Thai drinks and drunken noodle with chicken.

We'd always go there starving. We would order crab rangoon as an appetizer, and Mai Thai drinks. We'd be buzzed off one Mai Thai due to empty stomach and the epicness of the drink.

Pad kee mow. Know it well. I like mine with pork and extra basil, native northeast hot.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on January 25, 2016, 05:21:36 PM
that is greatly exaggerated

But you PM'd me earlier asking if I thought tarragon would go well with Hoagland for when Cthulhu eats him. Now I 'm confused.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 05:24:40 PM
But you PM'd me earlier asking if I thought tarragon would go well with Hoagland for when Cthulhu eats him. Now I 'm confused.

lies and slander sir...lies and slander...and stay out of the woolworth!!!!!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 25, 2016, 05:14:30 PM

That sounds delicious. Lately I've been enjoying Indonesian food, which has a lot in common with Thai.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 05:33:38 PM
That sounds delicious. Lately I've been enjoying Indonesian food, which has a lot in common with Thai.

I love the curry flavor of Singapore rice noodles.

And it just started raining, so I am going to get stuck with pastrami lettuce wraps again.

Mr. Fidget

Now new and improved with less Bell, and more gab.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 25, 2016, 05:38:48 PM
Now new and improved with less Bell, and more gab.

Still needs work

Mr. Fidget

It's down there somewhere, let me take another look!

boxman

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 02:23:57 PM
No, wasn't mad. I just don't get your level of negativity. You didn't listen. Didn't lose any money. You have no dog in the fight, yet you bitch your ass off about Art and goddamned nearly everything. That makes no sense. It's like you feel entitled to bitch about everything, even when you didn't even partake of what you're bitching about.
Kinda like how you are bitching about Richard and his show in the OSOM thread??
And now you are here bitching even about other people bitching... Stop being a fucking hypocrite and take your own advice.

boxman

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 25, 2016, 04:15:57 PM
And he owes you TWO radios! that fucker owes you.
You are more predictable and boring troll than The king of kings

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: boxman on January 25, 2016, 05:48:11 PM
Kinda like how you are bitching about Richard and his show in the OSOM thread??
And now you are here bitching even about other people bitching... Stop being a fucking hypocrite and take your own advice.

Yeah, except I used to be one of Richard's biggest supporters on here. I had interaction with him, legitimately enjoyed his show and went out of my way to support it in several ways and as far as I know, I'm the only bellgabber that he's ever given a shout out to on air. The simple fact is that I learned that there is the on-air Richard and the real Richard, and I'm not too big on the real one so sue me.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 06:12:47 PM
Yeah, except I used to be one of Richard's biggest supporters on here. I had interaction with him, legitimately enjoyed his show and went out of my way to support it in several ways and as far as I know, I'm the only bellgabber that he's ever given a shout out to on air. The simple fact is that I learned that there is the on-air Richard and the real Richard, and I'm not too big on the real one so sue me.

Two nights in a row he said "gravity" and one night he said "sucks". That should count for something.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 25, 2016, 06:15:02 PM
Two nights in a row he said "gravity" and one night he said "sucks". That should count for something.

I wonder how many times he's said "Cronkite" on air. Bet it's in the hundreds by now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 06:21:38 PM
I wonder how many times he's said "Cronkite" on air. Bet it's in the hundreds by now.

He is the only one that says "I" as many times as Obama.

Claudius

Quote from: boxman on January 25, 2016, 05:52:05 PM
You are more predictable and boring troll than The king of kings
I have to agree. He is beyond unoriginal and clearly just really butt-hurt over this whole thing. I like reading his posts because it's like watching someone have a mental breakdown.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 06:12:47 PM

He said my name on air so that sort of counts. :) In fact I've have callers on both shows mention me!

But really. You want to have a right to be negative in my thread because Hoaxie is a shitty person in real life? ART IS AN EVEN WORSE PERSON IN REAL LIFE!!!! This is a guy who abandoned his kids and sent them a fucking book. Sorry but fathers who abandon their children are scum of the Earth. He thinks the solution to his problems, with people, is to throw around the threats of lawsuits. He is a bigger drama whore than a 13 year old girl. Nothing is ever his fault.

Art may have been a decent radio host in the 90s but this century he's been nothing but a flake. The only enjoyable shows on DMDN were his open line shows. Your cheap defense of yourself whining about others being negative, while you are negative, is laughable considering the person you're trying to defend. Either shut up about others being negative or stop being negative yourself. Don't be a hypocrite.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 25, 2016, 06:38:49 PM
He said my name on air so that sort of counts. :) In fact I've have callers on both shows mention me!

But really. You want to have a right to be negative in my thread because Hoaxie is a shitty person in real life? ART IS AN EVEN WORSE PERSON IN REAL LIFE!!!! This is a guy who abandoned his kids and sent them a fucking book. Sorry but fathers who abandon their children are scum of the Earth. He thinks the solution to his problems, with people, is to throw around the threats of lawsuits. He is a bigger drama whore than a 13 year old girl. Nothing is ever his fault.

Art may have been a decent radio host in the 90s but this century he's been nothing but a flake. The only enjoyable shows on DMDN were his open line shows. Your cheap defense of yourself whining about others being negative, while you are negative, is laughable considering the person you're trying to defend. Either shut up about others being negative or stop being negative yourself. Don't be a hypocrite.

Hi Sandra. Fishing for attention and someone to stroke your ego? Good luck with it. See you in the thread. *Hugs*

trostol

aww i was having such a good day til now

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 06:44:33 PM
Hi Sandra. Fishing for attention and someone to stroke your ego? Good luck with it. See you in the thread. *Hugs*

I see the truth hurt you. Good. :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 25, 2016, 06:47:14 PM
I see the truth hurt you. Good. :)

Not particularly, no. I knew you were in the weeds when you said he had no good shows other than open lines. 

Night Train

Quote from: Chronaut on January 25, 2016, 02:32:53 PM
I can't tell if you're intentionally misrepresenting the process of reasoning to bolster your baseless/illogical conclusion, or if you just don't understand empirical reasoning.

There's no evidence that Art has lied about his story.  None. 

Guys like SFA and Chronaut are either being disingenuous, or very sloppy, when they say there's no "evidence" that Art is lying.

They're using evidence to mean proof.  But evidence doesn't mean proof.

If a man's wife turns up stabbed to death in his home, and he goes on trial for murder, the prosecution can use as evidence the fact that he had recently taken out five million dollars worth of insurance on his wife.  They can also use the fact that he told a friend that "he'd had it up to here with the bitch" as evidence.  Likewise, if he had been cheating on his wife, that can be used as evidence.  None of these, individually or taken as a whole, are absolute proof that the man murdered his wife.  But they certainly constitute evidence for that conclusion.

Can anyone prove that Art is lying?  No.  But there is plenty of evidence to suggest that's he's lying.

Likewise, no one can prove that Art is telling the truth, because there's no proof that there was a death threat, or that he went out to confront a stalker and was shot at.  Filing a police report proves nothing, except that Art filed a police report.

So stop saying there's no evidence that Art made all or most of it up. There's plenty of evidence for that proposition, even if there's no absolute proof.  And there's zero proof that Art got a death threat or confronted a stalker, and there's very little evidence for either of those claims.

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 25, 2016, 06:38:49 PM

+1

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 06:51:24 PM
Not particularly, no. I knew you were in the weeds when you said he had no good shows other than open lines.

I was saying the same thing before Art had his melt down. :)