• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

School shooting Miami area 20180214

Started by Juan, February 14, 2018, 03:53:26 PM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 15, 2018, 03:37:33 PM
Fuck off, you shill! Kids died! You're cool with this?!

There is no call for you talking like that to Duke.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 16, 2018, 12:18:17 AM
There is no call for you talking like that to Duke.

I calls them as I sees them, buddy. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2018, 12:20:24 AM
I calls them as I sees them, buddy. ;)

And what you see is warped.  Duke wasn't being an asshole calling people names like you do.  He was just commenting on the veracity of witnesses.  I think I can speak for him by saying most of us on Bellgab feel awful about the shooting.  Stop being a dick.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 16, 2018, 12:26:21 AM
And what you see is warped.  Duke wasn't being an asshole calling people names like you do.  He was just commenting on the veracity of witnesses.  I think I can speak for him by saying, most of us on bellgab feel awful about the shooting.  Stop being a dick.

You've got your head up your ass again and as usual you refuse to even look at the evidence. The problem with Uncle Duke's stance is that it results in a reductio ad absurdum that he either doesn't see or doesn't want us to see. That is, without accurate memory nothing is possible, no science, no investigation, nothing because what would it be based on? However, if people wake up to this it might interfere with Uncle Dukes full spectrum dominance. Sorry, things are getting a little too serious for manners now. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2018, 12:34:58 AM
You've got your head up your ass again and as usual you refuse to even look at the evidence. The problem with Uncle Duke's stance is that it results in a reductio ad absurdum that he either doesn't see or doesn't want us to see. That is, without accurate memory nothing is possible, no science, no investigation, nothing because what would it be based on? However, if people wake up to this it might interfere with Uncle Dukes full spectrum dominance. Sorry, things are getting a little too serious for manners now. ;)

You can make your points without going to the gutter.  More people might consider your opinion if you didn't act like an asshole all of the time.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 16, 2018, 12:37:59 AM
You can make your points without going to the gutter.  More people might consider your opinion if you didn't act like an asshole all of the time.

When the FBI stops killing innocent people I'll start being polite again. Deal? :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 16, 2018, 12:39:45 AM
Doesn't he support illegal immigration?

If he was willing to hack up all the political hacks clogging up our system that might be a deal I'd be willing to make. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2018, 12:38:46 AM
When the FBI stops killing innocent people I'll start being polite again. Deal? :D

As far as I know, we have no members of the FBI on Bellgab. Carry on with your name calling though.  People will continue taking you less than seriously.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 16, 2018, 12:42:42 AM
As far as I know, we have no members of the FBI on Bellgab. Carry on with your name calling though.  People will continue taking you less than seriously.

I never said we did. I'm not concerned with peer pressure like you, only the truth.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2018, 12:44:23 AM
I never said we did. I'm not concerned with peer pressure like you, only the truth.

I understand that.  You strive to be an asshole to everyone all of the time.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 16, 2018, 12:47:46 AM
I understand that.  You strive to be an asshole to everyone all of the time.

I'm an equal opportunity offender. No matter what your beliefs or party affiliation, if you're full of shit I'll let you know. ;)

Dr. MD MD

You see, when people like Duke quote studies like that they're not saying that someone smart and accomplished, like him has no memory. Lord, no! However, you, the great unwashed masses, you guys are idiots with no memory so you should just listen to your superiors, like me. Sorry, you don't find that condescnding enough to insult? I guess I'd rather just try to see the potential in people than put them down and dismiss them.

Up All Night

Was there, or was there not an armed SRO on campus when the shooting occurred?

If so, what's their timeline??

Jojo

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 15, 2018, 08:45:13 PM
“Hands up.  Don’t shoot.”   The most memorable words that were never said.
If authorities won't put detectors in, to protect our kids like Walmart protects it's stuff...
Then all staff should be required to wear and train with guns like prison wardens do.  In a sense, prisoners are better protected than our little lambs.

Up All Night

Meds again ????

http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/media-ignoring-1-crucial-factor-in-florida-school-shooting/

Fact: A disturbing number of perpetrators of school shootings and similar mass murders in our modern era were either on â€" or just recently coming off of â€" psychiatric medications. A few of the most high-profile examples, out of many others, include:

Columbine mass-killer Eric Harris was taking Luvox â€" like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor and many others, a modern and widely prescribed type of antidepressant drug called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs. Harris and fellow student Dylan Klebold went on a hellish school shooting rampage in 1999 during which they killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 24 others before turning their guns on themselves. Luvox manufacturer Solvay Pharmaceuticals concedes that during short-term controlled clinical trials, 4 percent of children and youth taking Luvox â€" that’s one in 25 â€" developed mania, a dangerous and violence-prone mental derangement characterized by extreme excitement and delusion.

Patrick Purdy went on a schoolyard shooting rampage in Stockton, California, in 1989, which became the catalyst for the original legislative frenzy to ban “semiautomatic assault weapons” in California and the nation. The 25-year-old Purdy, who murdered five children and wounded 30, had been on Amitriptyline, an antidepressant, as well as the antipsychotic drug Thorazine.

Kip Kinkel, 15, murdered his parents in 1998 and the next day went to his school, Thurston High in Springfield, Oregon, and opened fire on his classmates, killing two and wounding 22 others. He had been prescribed both Prozac and Ritalin.

In 1988, 31-year-old Laurie Dann went on a shooting rampage in a second-grade classroom in Winnetka, Illinois, killing one child and wounding six. She had been taking the antidepressant Anafranil as well as Lithium, long used to treat mania.

In Paducah, Kentucky, in late 1997, 14-year-old Michael Carneal, son of a prominent attorney, traveled to Heath High School and started shooting students in a prayer meeting taking place in the school’s lobby, killing three and leaving another paralyzed. Carneal reportedly was on Ritalin.

In 2005, 16-year-old Jeff Weise, living on Minnesota’s Red Lake Indian Reservation, shot and killed nine people and wounded five others before killing himself. Weise had been taking Prozac.

In another famous case, 47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, just a month after he began taking Prozac in 1989, shot 20 workers at Standard Gravure Corp. in Louisville, Kentucky, killing nine. Prozac-maker Eli Lilly later settled a lawsuit brought by survivors.

Kurt Danysh, 18, shot his own father to death in 1996, a little more than two weeks after starting on Prozac. Danysh’s description of own his mental-emotional state at the time of the murder is chilling: “I didn’t realize I did it until after it was done,” Danysh said. “This might sound weird, but it felt like I had no control of what I was doing, like I was left there just holding a gun.”

John Hinckley, age 25, took four Valium two hours before shooting and almost killing President Ronald Reagan in 1981. In the assassination attempt, Hinckley also wounded press secretary James Brady, Secret Service agent Timothy McCarthy and policeman Thomas Delahanty.

Andrea Yates, in one of the most heartrending crimes in modern history, drowned all five of her children â€" aged 7 years down to 6 months â€" in a bathtub. Insisting inner voices commanded her to kill her children, she had become increasingly psychotic over the course of several years. At her 2006 murder re-trial (after a 2002 guilty verdict was overturned on appeal), Yates’ longtime friend Debbie Holmes testified: “She asked me if I thought Satan could read her mind and if I believed in demon possession.” And Dr. George Ringholz, after evaluating Yates for two days, recounted an experience she had after the birth of her first child: “What she described was feeling a presence … Satan … telling her to take a knife and stab her son Noah,” Ringholz said, adding that Yates’ delusion at the time of the bathtub murders was not only that she had to kill her children to save them, but that Satan had entered her and that she had to be executed in order to kill Satan.Yates had been taking the antidepressant Effexor. In November 2005, more than four years after Yates drowned her children, Effexor manufacturer Wyeth Pharmaceuticals quietly added “homicidal ideation” to the drug’s list of “rare adverse events.” The Medical Accountability Network, a private nonprofit focused on medical ethics issues, publicly criticized Wyeth, saying Effexor’s “homicidal ideation” risk wasn’t well publicized and that Wyeth failed to send letters to doctors or issue warning labels announcing the change.And what exactly does “rare” mean in the phrase “rare adverse events”? The FDA defines it as occurring in less than one in 1,000 people. But since that same year 19.2 million prescriptions for Effexor were filled in the U.S., statistically that means thousands of Americans might experience “homicidal ideation” â€" murderous thoughts â€" as a result of taking just this one brand of antidepressant drug. Effexor is Wyeth’s best-selling drug, by the way, which in one recent year brought in over $3 billion in sales, accounting for almost a fifth of the company’s annual revenues.

One more case is instructive, that of 12-year-old Christopher Pittman, who struggled in court to explain why he murdered his grandparents, who had provided the only love and stability he’d ever known in his turbulent life. “When I was lying in my bed that night,” he testified, “I couldn’t sleep because my voice in my head kept echoing through my mind telling me to kill them.” Christopher had been angry with his grandfather, who had disciplined him earlier that day for hurting another student during a fight on the school bus. So later that night, he shot both of his grandparents in the head with a .410 shotgun as they slept and then burned down their South Carolina home, where he had lived with them. “I got up, got the gun, and I went upstairs and I pulled the trigger,” he recalled. “Through the whole thing, it was like watching your favorite TV show. You know what is going to happen, but you can’t do anything to stop it.” Pittman’s lawyers would later argue that the boy had been a victim of “involuntary intoxication,” since his doctors had him taking the antidepressants Paxil and Zoloft just prior to the murders.

The truth is, to avoid costly settlements and public relations catastrophes â€" such as when GlaxoSmithKline was ordered to pay millions of dollars to the family of 60-year-old Donald Schell who murdered his wife, daughter and granddaughter in a fit of rage shortly after starting on Paxil â€" drug companies’ legal teams have quietly and skillfully settled hundreds of cases out-of-court, shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars to plaintiffs. Pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly fought scores of legal claims against Prozac in this way, settling for cash before the complaint could go to court while stipulating that the settlement remain secret â€" and then claiming it had never lost a Prozac lawsuit.

Which brings us back to the key question: When are we going to get official confirmation as to whether Nikolas Cruz, like so many other mass shooters, had been taking psychiatric drugs?

Juan

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 15, 2018, 04:53:38 PM
I don't know about this 'eye witness' she sounds stoned.
Eyewitness reports are notoriously unreliable.

A couple of years ago I raised the meds issue here. Onan threw a fit.  I’ve since raised the issue with other mental health pros, and they’ve all thrown similar fits. I suppose they object to their dogma being challenged.

Laurakinch

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2018, 12:34:58 AM

Were you there? All you do all night and day is sit in your hovel and trawl the net for vids on whacko sites and regurgitate them here. Shove your conspiracy theories up your ass. Nobody here gives a shit about what you have to say. You are bellgab’s annoying gnat poster. Go fuck yourself.

Quote from: Jojo on February 16, 2018, 04:41:24 AM
Why and what right do cops have to tell citizens not to video?  Are we in China?

I don't think the message was "don't video," but rather "we are clearing rooms, we want to see empty hands, not black shiny things in them at this time."  I am not a cop, nor have I ever cleared a room, but if I were, I'd prefer empty hands.