• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Mops

Quote from: Scully on April 06, 2011, 12:10:35 AM

You're welcome, Mr. Holmes.  I must say, though, that this was not odd at all for George.  ::)
Unfortunately my memory is not as Sherlock (sorry) as it used to be.  Actually it was never really that good to begin with, but I wish I could recall the fan club president's name.  The posters at glp often make strange claims about themselves, but my BS monitor didn't go off when she dropped in for the first and only time in memory.  She introduced herself, said she just wanted to remind everyone to "keep it clean" because George was a decent and dedicated person, then abruptly warned everyone to avoid Fitts' investment advice.  Seems she had suffered some pretty serious, personal financial losses.  In fact, I was left with the impression the fan club lost some money in the deal too.

As a side note, this was also around the time Sean David Morton was being investigated by the SEC.  Some of the regulars at glp who seemed to really know their stuff were also giving Noory a lot of high heat over the gold investments he was pushing.  Then, out of the blue, Noory's fan club president (or, again, someone doing a heck of an impersonation) showed up and blasted Fitts out of the boat.  The entire episode sure put things in an interesting light.

valdez

Captain Kelley Sweeney (who still can't get an "ahoy" out of George) on to talk about the Japanese radiation, and the first thing out of his mouth (after the "ahoy") was, "I'm not an expert on radiation".  I guess Mitch Batross, who normally deals in disaster, is getting tired of the 30 second wham bam thanks goodbye interview.  Don't worry, Captain, George is not really a host either.
     Clint Arthur on living as if this was the last year of your life.  I recall he was on about a year ago.  Ironically,  Very enthusiastic guy.  Albert Taylor talking about out of body expediences.  Routine stuff.  I would have liked to hear more about his work as an engineer with the international space station.

El Kragen

Quote from: rangers1919 on April 07, 2011, 02:10:02 AM
Tuesday night, 4/5/11 was one of the worst programs I've ever heard. I haven't listened for a few weeks, but couldn't sleep so I turned it on late at night. Immediately they were talking about angel wars. I overlooked it but the guest was just too stupid, and Noory refused to interject at any point. He went on and on from crackpot theory to crackpot theory barely taking a breath, and never finishing a thought. Not that these ridiculous theories could ever be finished coherently, but  a decent interviewer could have made it interesting fiction. In the end I decided to just lay in bed in silence and turned off the radio.

Hear that advertisers?  I chose silence over the show because of the host.

I caught about 45 minutes of the replay. Steve Quayle was doing his usual routine, verbal diarrhea, jumping from one topic to the next on and on and on. In the section I listened to, commercial to commercial,  Snoory said two short sentences and made a few grunts. Qualye talked non stop through the whole half hour. The whole thing was kooky and made no sense but I was impressed with Quayle seamlessly working in his affiliate link for satellite phones during the conversation.

Lunger

Quote from: El Kragen on April 07, 2011, 09:16:43 AM

I caught about 45 minutes of the replay. Steve Quayle was doing his usual routine, verbal diarrhea, jumping from one topic to the next on and on and on. In the section I listened to, commercial to commercial,  Snoory said two short sentences and made a few grunts. Qualye talked non stop through the whole half hour. The whole thing was kooky and made no sense but I was impressed with Quayle seamlessly working in his affiliate link for satellite phones during the conversation.

I get the impression that Quayle seems to think that if he name-drops or somehow quantifies a statement ( "....the (YouTube) video had one million views!") it give him validity.

At least he doesn't give that Idiot Noory a word in edgewise.

rangers1919

Quote from: El Kragen on April 07, 2011, 09:16:43 AM

Quayle was on fire. At one point he went from Japan to undergound bunkers to body bags to angel wars to dehydrated food, and then went ahead and announced the commercial for Noory. Noory chimed in that it was commercial and plugged something, but he just let him run his trap.

valdez

Finally a show with Lionel Fanthorpe that doesn't end with a reading of "..the night before Christmas."  They spoke about demons and such.  He's got a fancy website that list a shit load of stuff he's into for a price.  Great.  I like the guy and hope he rakes in all the cash he can handle. Peter Canova was also on talking about "ancient wisdom".  He seemed smart, and genuinely in tune to whatever "truth" may be out there, but he and George never really clicked.  Here was a serious guy searching for knowledge, and there's George with his index cards wondering what the difference was between "religion and spirituality".  More than once he asked George to explain his questions.  More than once he would answer a question with, "as I said earlier in the interview..."  Yeah.  He didn't get the memo.  Peter, baby, you're suppose to say "great question, George,"  and just rattle something off, and don't worry if you're making any sense, 'cause, in the end, you're always gonna be making a "good point!".

Peter Canova                          Is that Fanthorpe in a ramones jacket?  I'm loving it.
                                                                   ...but who is the monkey?

jinwicked

Hi, I'm new here! Can I play?

I have had this image in my head for months.

anagrammy

Welcome, Jimwicked, and post often.  Let's submit that to Premiere for their Macy's parade float.

Anagrammy

Digitech

I heard the portion of the show with Lionel Fanthorpe. He was a good guest and interesting, though a bit cheesy.

George seemed out of it though -- More than usual I mean. He seemed surly and acted like he had something else on his mind. It was maybe the most disconnected from the guest and program that I've heard him. The show felt as though Lionel Fanthorpe was the host and George was just a producer or something who would occasionally speak into his microphone to introduce a caller.

misssirveaux

Wow, I got all excited.  George just announced that he's coming to Albuquerque again.  I met him here nearly two years ago.  He then clarified that he's heading to Albuquerque, New York this time.  Damn.  So close, yet so far.

Two highlights tonight.

1. George compliments a man who has a coast 2 coast site where they have two rules. First no cursing , second no personal attacks. George says he wishes all sites were like that lmao.

2. George asks a man who's blind if he can see at all, the man says he's been blind since birth. He follows with two questions about seeing colors, first red which he says he would guess he would associate with being hot. Then blue and the man says no he can't envision the color, awkward pause. Moves on to seeing eye dog question, man doesn't have one, again awkward.

I don't hate the man and enjoy the show when there are exceptional guests like Michio Kaku but damn sometimes i just want to shoot the radio.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Late Night 211 on April 09, 2011, 02:03:59 AM
Moves on to seeing eye dog question, man doesn't have one, again awkward.
Haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Late Night 211 on April 09, 2011, 02:03:59 AM
Two highlights tonight.

1. George compliments a man who has a coast 2 coast site where they have two rules. First no cursing , second no personal attacks. George says he wishes all sites were like that lmao.

The nerve of that incompetent,motherfuckin', wig-wearing,shit eating fuckface!

jinwicked

I liked the part where he bloviated about how his show is growing and growing.

And then accused mainstream radio of copying them.

anagrammy

Quote from: jinwicked on April 09, 2011, 02:57:27 AM
I liked the part where he bloviated about how his show is growing and growing.

And then accused mainstream radio of copying them.

Isn't his show sold with a bundle?  So doesn't that mean he is riding on the coattails of Rush, the fat-faced malcontent chewing a cigar and popping blues and Oxycontin?

Anagrammy

Quote from: Digitech on March 30, 2011, 07:45:17 PM
There were some pretty clumsy and awkward moments with that Eldon Taylor guy.

Taylor: 'Blah blah blah[a big build up], there is something which is absolutely critical to consider. You must ask yourself -- What if everything I believe is wrong? [about to continue and elaborate on his point]"

Noory:[cuts in, using his best dramatic sounding voice] "And what if everything I believe is right?"

Taylor: ". . .erm, haha, well, uh..."

They may have gone to a commercial after this, I don't remember. But Noory derailed the topic with his meaningless "contribution."

Then, at the end of the show, they took a call from some guy who was telling a story about his dog. Noory cut in halfway through and said something like 'You're a pet lover, and I'll tell you that gets some bonus points in my book. Eldon Taylor, thanks for being with us" -- Awkward silence -- "For George Knapp, Ian Punnet and Art bell, blah blah blah"

As the host he should have better time management than that. He totally fubared the end of the show.
I heard that show, i was waiting to hear the end of that guys passionate story and Noory cuts in and ends the show. I look at the time and it's still 5 mins to the top of the hour. Then they start playing local commercials to fill time, obvious that they could of kept going.WTF ? I will never get to hear that guys story, could have changed lives...thanks for that.

valdez

I ran into a whole lot of static all night from all of my preset c2c stations, so I missed a lot of the show, but did George, after listening to Chad Lewis (on Wisconsin monsters..I think..not the public labor union kind, but..maybe..lots of static..) tell a story about a vampire sighting, say "well that's a good point as well"?  Huh?  Jeez. It was a story, George.  "Good point" didn't fit there.  Come up with some other lazy thing to say after somebody has bothered to tell you a story, like "fascinating", or, "incredible".  And did George say he wanted to book more celebrities?  And that c2c was now "in vogue"? It's one thing to be relevant and meaningful, it's quite something else to be "in vogue."  Is that George's goal?  I'm sure I heard all this stuff wrong.  Play the ufo phil song.  He's done.

The General

Quote from: valdez on April 09, 2011, 05:23:21 AM
     I ran into a whole lot of static all night from all of my preset c2c stations, so I missed a lot of the show, but did George, after listening to Chad Lewis (on Wisconsin monsters..I think..not the public labor union kind, but..maybe..lots of static..) tell a story about a vampire sighting, say "well that's a good point as well"?  Huh?  Jeez. It was a story, George.  "Good point" didn't fit there.  Come up with some other lazy thing to say after somebody has bothered to tell you a story, like "fascinating", or, "incredible".  And did George say he wanted to book more celebrities?  And that c2c was now "in vogue"? It's one thing to be relevant and meaningful, it's quite something else to be "in vogue."  Is that George's goal?  I'm sure I heard all this stuff wrong.  Play the ufo phil song.  He's done.

The same guest on Wisgonsin monsters was telling us of the Pig Men who apparently know how to make some delicious flapjacks.  Paranormal research ain't what it used to be.

jinwicked

Quote from: anagrammy on April 09, 2011, 03:31:16 AM
Isn't his show sold with a bundle?  So doesn't that mean he is riding on the coattails of Rush, the fat-faced malcontent chewing a cigar and popping blues and Oxycontin?

Anagrammy

Rush among others, additionally George has no competition late at night.

His boasting is beyond ridiculous. I listen because nothing else is on.

El Kragen

after listening to Chad Lewis tell a story about a vampire sighting, say "well that's a good point as well"?  Huh?  Jeez. It was a story, George.  "Good point" didn't fit there.  Come up with some other lazy thing to say after somebody has bothered to tell you a story, like "fascinating", or, "incredible". 

I heard this gem and wondered the same out loud. You could tell he wasn't even listening. Geroge "never miss a break" Snoory was too busy shuffling his 3x5s looking at the clock. His next question was "Tell me how you got into this" The guest didn't even get to answer in full because it was break time.

Here's another: the guest explained at length about sea sepents, the history and the various possibilities as to why they no longer get reported.

CL: and then the reports of sea serpents dried up..*yadda*yadda*yadda*..It's something I could never figure out. It's something that's always intrigued me.

GN: Why did they stop? I mean, what the heck? What's going on?

Chad Lewis is Snoory's favorite type of guest. All he has to do is look at the books table of contents (forget about reading it) and run down the list: "What about sea serpents?"..."What about vampires and transylvania?"..."What's your take on..." He did the same with Lionel the other night: "What about Demons?"..."Tell me about King Solomon?" on and on. George has been sucessful in reducing his job to flipping the switch for the commercial break

anagrammy

I ran into a whole lot of static all night from all of my preset c2c stations, so I missed a lot of the show...

Never listen to static again!  Go to this ez internet radio site--never fails.  You don't like the local news from Des Moines?  Punch "not working" and it finds you another station.  Love it for when I want bumper music and the topic is so interesting I can't wait for streamlink.  Con:  You wake up when they are reading the obituaries from Lawrence, Kansas....

http://radiotime.com/index.aspx

Anagrammy

beachcomber

For the collection ...
the other night, I don't know if they were talking about haunted objects or what, but he actually pronounced
"heirlooms" as

HAIR LOOMS
use in a sentence:

"When I look in the mirror black hair looms above my head."

He must be reading cards, nobody would make that mistake in conversation...would they?

My apologies for the av - neither this old computer nor the public one at the library can do anything about it.

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on April 09, 2011, 01:16:36 PM
i have their app for iPhone and their 'channel' on my Roku device.  when i started listening to Coast last summer ... i did using the Radiotime channel on my Roku.  i kept listening to a stream from Eastern Canada.  listening to Canada advertising was a nice change from the over the top crap they force feed us in the US

Bart

Is noory on his way out?  He seems nervous, and is bragging even more than usual as if him saying how wonderful he is will change some minds????  NOT MINE!  He does not belong on radio and i doubt if he ever was, other than a few months ?? In St Louis.  I feel that something is up, and he's trying to decide how to spin it.  God, I hope his gig is up.  GN SUCKS.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Bart on April 09, 2011, 05:16:44 PM
Is noory on his way out?  He seems nervous, and is bragging even more than usual as if him saying how wonderful he is will change some minds? ???  NOT MINE!  He does not belong on radio and i doubt if he ever was, other than a few months ?? In St Louis.  I feel that something is up, and he's trying to decide how to spin it.  God, I hope his gig is up.  GN SUCKS.
i hope your instincts point to something on the horizon.

anagrammy

Maybe the latest overdose of religious speakers, testimony-bearers and Bible thumpers are symbolically speaking at Noory's wake.

I have also noticed an increase in bumper music about loss, saying goodbye, your-cheatin-heart, you'll miss me when I'm gone.  On the other hand, it could be wishful thinking on my part.  I believe their is power in wishful thinking.  You know how Noory is always referring to the power of the collective consciousness of the CoastGab listeners and how he, the guardian of The Force, is always sooooo careful.

Well, the Goodbye George force is not under the guardianship of the Nooron.  He does not control our vertical, nor our horizontal.  I am imaging George Knapp, George Knapp at the mike in Las Vegas...sand, desert, big sky. 

Anagrammy

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on April 09, 2011, 03:31:16 AM

Anagrammy
can you imagine trying to SELL Noory era C2C to potential affiliates? 

JustOneFix

Quote from: anagrammy on April 09, 2011, 01:16:36 PM
Never listen to static again!  Go to this ez internet radio site--never fails.  You don't like the local news from Des Moines?  Punch "not working" and it finds you another station.  Love it for when I want bumper music and the topic is so interesting I can't wait for streamlink.  Con:  You wake up when they are reading the obituaries from Lawrence, Kansas....

Anagrammy

Thanks for this! They pre-empted SIT for a damn baseball game here in my local market and took me some doing to find a station streaming online. Bookmarked for future use.

Ever make it to FL, I'll buy ya a glass of wine in appreciation.

anagrammy

Quote from: JustOneFix on April 09, 2011, 08:37:33 PM
Thanks for this! They pre-empted SIT for a damn baseball game here in my local market and took me some doing to find a station streaming online. Bookmarked for future use.

Ever make it to FL, I'll buy ya a glass of wine in appreciation.

Hey, JustOne--There's my new avatar slogan "Links for Wine"

I'll save you a seat at the CoastGab Con.  I'm putting the positive vibes out there.....

Anagrammy