• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

SpacedCadet

Concerning Snoron's naval career, who do you think the comedic buffoonery in McHale's Navy (okay, years misaligned) was based upon. It is also well known that Jim Neighbors' Gomer Pyle greatly mirrored Georgie. Although Jim felt it necessary to add warmth of heart to his character, in contrast to Snoory's morgue like persona.

Mops

Quote from: Michael V. on April 04, 2011, 12:05:02 PM
i would also like to know more about this.  anyone have details?  or a way to contact this former fan club president?
Can't remember the fan club president's name.  A couple of years ago she suddenly appeared at, ahem, another thread before it was scrubbed the first time (glp), introduced herself and started complaining about the ruinous investment advice from one of Noory's regulars.  The name of that investment "expert" escapes me too, but I believe it was the woman who used to work in the Bush Administration.  I will check the Coast site and see if I can spot the name of that "expert."         

Apparently George does not know that the Manhattan Project developed the Atomic Bomb.

(paraphrased)

Guest:  The scientists working on the Manhattan Project had a fear that they would incinerate the entire planet in their testing.

George:  Yes and the people who worked on the Atomic Bomb were also afraid that they would ignite the earth's atmosphere.

::)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on April 04, 2011, 11:59:22 PM
I never thought I would ever think I would find something that sucks more than Snoory... until now.

However... I think I have found the ultimate suckage grail...

posting and navigating CoastGab on a FREAKING Kindle! Yes I am using a POS Kindle with its "experimental" browser to visit CG. It is not my Kindle (I would never buy one), but the computer I was using I moved into my Dad's room so am temporarily stuck reading CoastGab using a 3G Kindle. This is either true loyalty or pathology.
i have heard people say the "nook" from barnes and noble actually is a credible android device when hacked.  i don't know if that's true or not.  i'd like to see what sort of browsing experience it offers.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on April 05, 2011, 12:56:22 AM
Apparently George does not know that the Manhattan Project developed the Atomic Bomb.

(paraphrased)

Guest:  The scientists working on the Manhattan Project had a fear that they would incinerate the entire planet in their testing.

George:  Yes and the people who worked on the Atomic Bomb were also afraid that they would ignite the earth's atmosphere.

REALLY?? he said this?

Eddie Coyle

Noory thinks the "Manhattan Project" is subsidized housing for poor people in that particular borough.

Scully

Quote from: Mops on April 05, 2011, 12:19:14 AMThe name of that investment "expert" escapes me too, but I believe it was the woman who used to work in the Bush Administration.  I will check the Coast site and see if I can spot the name of that "expert."       

Would that be Catherine Austin Fitts?

Pulled my car into the driveway late tonight and accidentally switched my radio from a Hendrix CD to the local station that plays C2C. So I lit up a cigarette and decided to see how long I could last. I made it until about half of my Camel 99 before I had enough. Remember when C2C interviews actually had two active participants? I felt like I was in college again listening to a boring lecture by a drone with nothing interesting to say. Honestly how can Clear Channel keep this crap going?

Mops

Quote from: Scully on April 05, 2011, 01:25:45 AM

Would that be Catherine Austin Fitts?
Why, thank you my dear Ms. Watson.  I do believe it was Fitts.  It always struck me as odd that Noory continued to have Fitts on even after the fan club president complained so loudly about her.

valdez

Quote from: starrmtn001 on April 04, 2011, 09:49:04 PM
...I see that snoortard is sucking  more than ever.
Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on April 05, 2011, 03:22:39 AM
...how can Clear Channel keep this crap going?
Quote from: Esoterica on April 04, 2011, 09:52:02 AM
I just found this forum and LOVE it!

George continues to propagate the John Titor scam.  Even if it were true, it's generally accepted that time travel will land you in alternate realities, so you really wind up not being able to effect anything anyway, and if you can't kill your grandfather, whats the point?  Wait.  That's not what I meant.  So then George has Brooks Agnew on to talk about H.A.R.P. and weather manipulation (yeah, right) and some guy calls in saying something about how Obama might cancell the 2012 elections, and for some reason I thought George might give this crystal meth addict a piece of his mind, like Ian, Art, or Knapp, would have done.  But George says, "That's the same thing they said about Bush...it's all part of the conspiracy."  Huh?  What?  Who?  Yeah, it's the conspiracy of stringing a bunch of words together while managing to say absolutely nothing.

conspiracy squirrel of doom

Fitts?  You mean that lady who worked for a "flawed" financial advisory board and made a bunch of $$$$$$ BEFORE warning everyone else that things might just collapse?
I think I'll listen to the one who quits instead of amassing wealth first.

Oh, wait....Does that mean I shouldn't have a 50-pound bag of rice hidden UNDER my bed???????

b_dubb

(paraphrased)

unfucking believable

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on April 05, 2011, 07:54:52 AM
unfucking believable
isn't it?

you people who listen to this retard's show... those of you who like him and defend him... i don't know how you do it.  you're either stupid yourselves or you're comfortable with ignoring his infinite supply of flaws in order to stay "in touch" with the genre.

i don't hate george noory.  i don't know the man, and i never will.  however, i can say with certainty that george noory is a fucking idiot and has no business hosting a nationally syndicated radio show.  if you want to defend this moron, that's fine... but you look like a douche nozzle in the process.

george noory sucks.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Michael V. on April 05, 2011, 09:30:22 AM
you people who listen to this retard's show... those of you who like him and defend him... i don't know how you do it.  you're either stupid yourselves or you're comfortable with ignoring his infinite supply of flaws in order to stay "in touch" with the genre.

i don't hate george noory.  i don't know the man, and i never will.  however, i can say with certainty that george noory is a fucking idiot and has no business hosting a nationally syndicated radio show.  if you want to defend this moron, that's fine... but you look like a douche nozzle in the process.

george noory sucks.

Michael V., this is my nomination for the most relevant and accurate suckology posting ever!  I love how much I can't stand Noory!  I really enjoy not listening to his assfaced little show.  He sucks so excellently!  I think I'm not making sense!  Thanks for the forum!

anagrammy

(paraphrased)

Good catch, Velvet-- was that Brooks Agnew on the 4th?  I'm adding this one to the spreadsheet.

Anagrammy

El Kragen

I actually listened straight through the first hour last night. I like the John Titor stuff and there was a really bad storm so it all worked out.

Much to my surprise George seemed to be on his "A" game. He seemed lively and awake. I didn't hear a single screw up during the news segment and the "interview" with Oliver Williams seemed to go smoothly until they took calls.  I attribute this to two things: George likes this topic and it's the same interview every time he's on (13 and counting).  He did manage to work in the Snoory standards: "what'cha gut tell ya" and "what's the one thing..." and "every month we have 100's or 1000s of new listeners so..."

Then, as if George didn't want to disappoint his "haters", he slipped back into lazy Snoory mode. During the calls he started repeating questions that were covered earlier. He wasn't paying attention to what the guest/callers were saying. One time he said "Thanks Oliver!" instead of the callers name. George was pretty adamant that John Titor was government insider, he mentioned it a few times with a definite tone but of course when a caller challenged that notion...silence. 

GN: Ya know, there are people who say you are John Titor, Are you?

OW: ...you ask me that every time I'm on. No, I am not John Titor

GN: Chuckle chuckle I ask you that every time cause I'm hoping one time you'll say YES! chuckle chuckle

Even when he's trying, George falls far short of the mark.

apotheosis

Got another one for you...

"Everything that we're talking about, is tying in to everything that we're talking about."
- George Noory, April 03, 2011 (2nd half of hour 2).

Scully

Quote from: Mops on April 05, 2011, 05:06:01 AM
Why, thank you my dear Ms. Watson.  I do believe it was Fitts.  It always struck me as odd that Noory continued to have Fitts on even after the fan club president complained so loudly about her.

You're welcome, Mr. Holmes.  I must say, though, that this was not odd at all for George.  ::)

valdez

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 05, 2011, 06:44:12 PM
To Michael V and all the regular coastgab people:
Anagrammy and I have been playing footsie via email and phone.  We are both in agreement on this- CoastGab is not just fun, it's inspiring...we've both been able to restore our ability to write about the stuff we care about...faith in the written word...as a means of sharing parts of our experience with other humans has been restored...It has been enough fun bitch slapping Noory that I am now doing daily therapeutic writing, thanks to Anagrammy's encouragement, and this forum.  She feels exactly the same and is now putting it down so she can share her experience with others.  I thank you all on my, and her behalf. :)  And thanks George, for sucking so much that you made all this possible.

The abominable Steven Quayle.  In his defense, the only way to deal with George is to brush him aside and commandeer the show, but Quayle does it to the extreme, allowing George only to signal the next commercial break.  Illuminati, angels, giants, and Jesus.  Store plenty of food and water, and get yourself a satellite phone (from his website even).  He did say something that caught my ear, that I thought interesting: that we were all quantumly entangled.  I like that.  I think that might be a good thing.

Quantum Entanglement 

anagrammy

Quote from: HAL 9000 on April 04, 2011, 11:59:22 PM
I never thought I would ever think I would find something that sucks more than Snoory... until now.

However... I think I have found the ultimate suckage grail...

posting and navigating CoastGab on a FREAKING Kindle! Yes I am using a POS Kindle with its "experimental" browser to visit CG. It is not my Kindle (I would never buy one), but the computer I was using I moved into my Dad's room so am temporarily stuck reading CoastGab using a 3G Kindle. This is either true loyalty or pathology.

Glad to hear from you, HAL, we miss you.  Hope you are doing well handling things.   Yeah, CoastGab is addictive, that's for sure.  Are you listening to Coast these days?  Here's a Nooryism to cheer you up (paraphrase):

Guest:  (Japanese) nuclear investigators have had difficulty getting accurate information from people working at the site and some information released has proven to be completely false.

Noory:  Did you see any UFOs during the nuclear crisis?

Anagrammy

Lunger

Quote from: Michael V. on April 05, 2011, 12:58:38 AM
REALLY?? he said this?

Oh Yeah!

Also, Noory math where 100,000 X 10 equals 75,000

That Idiot Noory must have been so pleased with Mondays 2nd hour that he re-asked all the same questions in the third.

YNOT

This thread reminds of MST3000 but for Coast  shows...For those of you who may not have heard if it
Mystery Science Theater 3000 was a show which made fun of B movies...

aldousburbank

Quote from: YNOT on April 06, 2011, 11:23:10 AM
This thread reminds of MST3000 but for Coast  shows...For those of you who may not have heard if it
Mystery Science Theater 3000 was a show which made fun of B movies...

I was thinking of how C2C Noorosuk reminds me of The Emperor's New Clothes, where some megalomaniac spouts gas and thinks we cant's see right through the transparency into a fuzz-tongued mental cavity.  Sometimes it reminds me of a radio version of Weekend At Bernies, with a stiff behind a microphone, except that it's not as funny.  Most often, it reminds me of Sesame Street, but not as educational, or maybe of the color test pattern you see sometimes on community access cable tv shows, but not as enjoyable.

Lunger

Quote from: valdez on April 05, 2011, 05:32:25 AM

....  it's the conspiracy of stringing a bunch of words together while managing to say absolutely nothing.

That is the exact same thing (well, its the exact same thing he does every night )  he does on the Ancient Aliens show. For the life of me I cannot fathom why he is on that thing.  He talks and talks but end up never saying anything.  He speaks in meaningless cliches, and I can only imagine that the producers of Ancient Ailens agreed to put him on the show so he would pimp it on c2c.

Quote from: SpacedCadet on April 05, 2011, 12:00:22 AM
Concerning Snoron's naval career, who do you think the comedic buffoonery in McHale's Navy (okay, years misaligned) was based upon. It is also well known that Jim Neighbors' Gomer Pyle greatly mirrored Georgie. Although Jim felt it necessary to add warmth of heart to his character, in contrast to Snoory's morgue like persona.

Have you ever seen The Caine Mutiny? One of Bogart's great roles, IMO. I think of that movie when I think of Noory in the Navy.

b_dubb

Quote from: 999 on April 06, 2011, 07:11:23 PM

Have you ever seen The Caine Mutiny? One of Bogart's great roles, IMO. I think of that movie when I think of Noory in the Navy.
they never let george drive the boat

starrmtn001

Quote from: Michael V. on April 04, 2011, 11:16:41 PM
hey there!  long time no see.  glad u are still around.

Thank you Michael V.  I don't go online everyday, but I do check in.  There may (or may not) be a glimmer of hope for us.  That is all I am prepared to say at this time (Visualize HAPPY radio listeners).

starrmtn001

(paraphrased)

AAAWWW!!!  What a BONEHEAD!  gn SUCKS!!!!!!!

rangers1919

Tuesday night, 4/5/11 was one of the worst programs I've ever heard. I haven't listened for a few weeks, but couldn't sleep so I turned it on late at night. Immediately they were talking about angel wars. I overlooked it but the guest was just too stupid, and Noory refused to interject at any point. He went on and on from crackpot theory to crackpot theory barely taking a breath, and never finishing a thought. Not that these ridiculous theories could ever be finished coherently, but  a decent interviewer could have made it interesting fiction. In the end I decided to just lay in bed in silence and turned off the radio.

Hear that advertisers?  I chose silence over the show because of the host.