• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Lord Grantham

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 29, 2018, 07:05:50 AM
I heard he got fired by his pain doctor cold turkey and has been seeking comfort with kratom.

There was a guy who was shilling for his radio show on here not too long ago, and in an interview with Leer they were both singing the praises of Kratom.

A week or two later it came out that Kratom was just low grade opiates.
Per the FDA:
QuoteThe data from the PHASE model shows us that kratom compounds are predicted to affect the body just like opioids. Based on the scientific information in the literature and further supported by our computational modeling and the reports of its adverse effects in humans, we feel confident in calling compounds found in kratom, opioids.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 30, 2018, 12:04:51 PM
There was a guy who was shilling for his radio show on here not too long ago, and in an interview with Leer they were both singing the praises of Kratom.

A week or two later it came out that Kratom was just low grade opiates.
Per the FDA:

Or are opiates just high grade kratom?

deadmeow

Kratom is not an opioid.  Yes, government and big pharma want to ban it.

Father Jack

Quote from: deadmeow on April 30, 2018, 12:13:25 PM
Kratom is not an opioid.  Yes, government and big pharma want to ban it.

True. I use kratom daily, and it eases the aches and pains due to age and health situation. Big pharma has no control and it drives them apeshit.

Norm

Art Bell Condition Update posted on MITD from July 8th, 2016

A hole punched into his lungs to remove fluids.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-hospital-update/

Sean92008

Quote from: Norm on April 30, 2018, 12:53:03 PM
Art Bell Condition Update posted on MITD from July 8th, 2016

A hole punched into his lungs to remove fluids.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-hospital-update/

It was a sad photo when it came out.  He chose to procreate after this stunt???

I'm waiting for the "final Art Bell photo" to circulate; wheelchair bound, drooping head and looking like shit...  Oh, he wasn't under a doctor's care within 2 months of his death... Thus the autopsy was required.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 30, 2018, 05:26:46 PM

I'm waiting for the "final Art Bell photo" to circulate; wheelchair bound, drooping head and looking like shit...  Oh, he wasn't under a doctor's care within 2 months of his death... Thus the autopsy was required.

Could have been desperate to bring a son into this world whom he could be proud of.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 30, 2018, 05:26:46 PM

Of course he chose to procreate. That kids now gets social security survivor benefits. Those and Airyn’s and Asia’s are more than enough for a family of 3 to live on in Pahrump assuming the house was paid for and all that is left is utilities and property taxes.

Lilith

I don't know how many of you might or might not remember the photoshop posters Binnall used to make for the old Coast Rider Forum, but I saved many of them, and here are a couple that I found that he had made and posted that included Art.  I think he would want me to share them.

albrecht

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 30, 2018, 05:30:06 PM
Could have been desperate to bring a son into this world whom he could be proud of.
Are you casting aspersions? One lawsuit makes it seem Art was concerned about at least one of his sons. Then again, he was 'sent away' but that was apparently to help him try to distance himself from rumors, bullying, the press, etc. A sad story or is your "take" that Art didn't want to admit/deal-with the son, ashamed he might be a homo, not face some kind of guilt that Art didn't protect him better, or even assert allegations like the people sued?

albrecht

Quote from: brig on April 30, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
I don't know how many of you might or might not remember the photoshop posters Binnall used to make for the old Coast Rider Forum, but I saved many of them, and here are a couple that I found that he had made and posted that included Art.  I think he would want me to share them.
Ha. Those are awesome, though I would take Alex out of  the first. He and Art never got along. Replace with someone else.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: albrecht on April 30, 2018, 06:09:59 PM
Are you casting aspersions? One lawsuit makes it seem Art was concerned about at least one of his sons. Then again, he was 'sent away' but that was apparently to help him try to distance himself from rumors, bullying, the press, etc. A sad story or is your "take" that Art didn't want to admit/deal-with the son, ashamed he might be a homo, not face some kind of guilt that Art didn't protect him better, or even assert allegations like the people sued?

Far be it for me to judge a dead man..
but he didn’t have a great track record with his oldest and middle sons, for whatever reason.. likely his own doing. Maybe he thought he’d try again? He probably gave up any thoughts of making amends?

albrecht

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 30, 2018, 06:14:30 PM
but he didn’t have a great track record with his oldest and middle sons, for whatever reason.. likely his own doing. Maybe he thought he’d try again? He probably gave up any thoughts of making amends?
I never quite heard how it all ended up? Hopefully not being HIV positive and got life back on track. Guy, I hope, is still serving life.
ps: It could be Airyn who wanted a son. She was still young (relatively) and in many cultures, especially over-seas and 'traditional ones," they favor a male child; for various reasons (continuing the family-name, inheritance, religious reasons, or whatever.) Art had money and I'm sure she and family will be fine. Not sure about Heather's situation though...

Quote from: Father Jack on April 30, 2018, 12:48:03 PM
True. I use kratom daily, and it eases the aches and pains due to age and health situation. Big pharma has no control and it drives them apeshit.

Does it?  Have you heard from them?

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 30, 2018, 05:55:10 PM
Of course he chose to procreate. That kids now gets social security survivor benefits. Those and Airyn’s and Asia’s are more than enough for a family of 3 to live on in Pahrump assuming the house was paid for and all that is left is utilities and property taxes.

Great.  Art the grifter.

Rix Gins

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 30, 2018, 06:14:30 PM

Bing Crosby is dead too but I would be remiss in not pointing out that he had three adult sons that he totally disowned in favor of a newer family that actress Katherine Grant birthed for him.  I guess it just goes to show that sad things like that happen, as you stated, for whatever reason.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 30, 2018, 07:14:44 PM
Bing Crosby is dead too but I would be remiss in not pointing out that he had three adult sons that he totally disowned in favor of a newer family that actress Katherine Grant birthed for him.  I guess it just goes to show that sad things like that happen, as you stated, for whatever reason.

My husband found an instance in his family tree where his 6th great grandfather completely disowned his oldest son. It says this in his will, and he left him nothing. No leads yet as to why, but very strange.

People are dicks sometimes. That, or we just don’t have all of the information.

Rix Gins

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 30, 2018, 07:19:55 PM
My husband found an instance in his family tree where his 6th great grandfather completely disowned his oldest son. It says this in his will, and he left him nothing. No leads yet as to why, but very strange.

People are dicks sometimes. That, or we just don’t have all of the information.

Wow, very interesting family sleuthing that your husband did there.  Good for him. 

Sean92008

Damnit.

I sold my Audio Technica AT4050...  Now I want to start a podcast.

I guess I won't sound good.  You won't be able to hear me over-annunciate my Ps and put emphasis on the wrong syl ab les.

If I don't vomit after listening to it, I may just post it.

ItsTelly

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 30, 2018, 05:55:10 PM

Back in the Philippines, she could live like a Queen- top 0.01% for sure.  I'm not sure what's in Pahrump for a still young attractive widow? It's not a stimulating place and without her husband- what's there?

I'm betting she has tons of loving family back in the Philippines.  To me, it's no brainer....

Telly

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 30, 2018, 07:51:55 PM
Damnit.

I guess I won't sound good.  You won't be able to hear me over-annunciate my Ps and put emphasis on the wrong syl ab les.

its kinda tempting but I dislike my voice. People might kill themselves because if it.

Sean92008

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 30, 2018, 07:55:27 PM
its kinda tempting but I dislike my voice. People might kill themselves because if it.
Oh, I absolutely hate my own voice. For years and years, I just absolutely would not put anything down on tape.  I just want to blow out some real hard sarcasm and some dorky useless facts...   Maybe some rich woman who runs a radio program might want me as her protege and sex toy.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 30, 2018, 07:59:28 PM
Oh, I absolutely hate my own voice. For years and years, I just absolutely would not put anything down on tape.  I just want to blow out some real hard sarcasm and some dorky useless facts...   Maybe some rich woman who runs a radio program might want me as her protege and sex toy.
😂

I dislike being on video as well. Maybe I’m a freak. I like your idea, though. Just say Fuck It and do it anyway.

ItsTelly

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 30, 2018, 07:59:28 PM

Most people don't like their own voice.  I've been told I have a great one: deep, baritone but, personally, I can't stand listening to myself.  I cringe if I hear it played back.

Telly

Element 115

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 30, 2018, 07:51:55 PM
Damnit.

hey Sean, what's the technical difference between the 4050 and the 4040?  Just multipattern?

Sean92008

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 30, 2018, 08:13:42 PM
Most people don't like their own voice.  I've been told I have a great one: deep, baritone but, personally, I can't stand listening to myself.  I cringe if I hear it played back.

Telly
If you would just take that God damn lollipop out of your mouth, you wouldn't be so mushmouthed.

Who's loves ya' baby?

Sean92008

Quote from: Element 115 on April 30, 2018, 08:43:04 PM
hey Sean, what's the technical difference between the 4050 and the 4040?  Just multipattern?
The 4050 has dual diaphragms aimed 180 degrees apart. So, if you had a bunch of people sitting around a mic or wanted to capture a rooms ambiance, the 4050 would have given you a more three-dimensional capture while still being a monophonic microphone. Capturing an acoustic guitar off-axis really gives it body and I would frequently record acoustic with a C1000s 45° off the fretboard aimed towards the sound hole and the 4050 about 30" away centered between the edge of the sound hole and the bridge.  I would do a couple of other things and always record two takes and create stereo imagery out of it. 

By the way, I had an old cm5 version that is no longer made and I can honestly say, even with my aged ears, I can hear a difference between the two versions and I prefer the older one. It's probably just a matter of components used in the FET.

Doh!  From what I remember, the FET circuit was different.  I never considered the 4040, so I don't know the actual spec differences.

Element 115

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 30, 2018, 08:51:20 PM
The 4050 has dual diaphragms aimed 180 degrees apart. So, if you had a bunch of people sitting around a mic or wanted to capture a rooms ambiance, the 40-50 would have given you a more three-dimensional capture while still being a monophonic microphone. Capturing an acoustic guitar off-axis really gives it body and I would frequently record acoustic with a C1000s 45° off the fretboard aimed towards the sound hole and the 4050 about 30" away centered between the edge of the sound hole and the bridge.  I would do a couple of other things and always record two takes and create stereo imagery out of it. 

IBy the way, I had an old cm5 version that is no longer made and I can honestly say, even with my aged ears, I can hear a difference between the two versions and I prefer the older one. It's probably just a matter of components used in the FET.

Awesome, thanks for answering.  You definitely know your sound and how to capture it.