• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Last night John B. Wells mentioned he is filling in yet again for Noory this Friday night.
Noory seems to be taking off Fridays much more often lately, probably so he can fly out to Colorado to tape more episodes of his subscription pay video podcast...

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on May 12, 2013, 12:46:43 PM
Last night John B. Wells mentioned he is filling in yet again for Noory this Friday night.
Noory seems to be taking off Fridays much more often lately, probably so he can fly out to Colorado to tape more episodes of his subscription pay video podcast...

That's what I would think.  I was surprised Noory was broadcasting on a Friday when he was doing his expo-thing in Columbus.  Maybe there's no convenient location in Colorado, close to his video location, for him to broadcast C2C?  Or is doing his fake TV show just too "exscroosheatin?"  Not that I'm complaining about a Noory-free Friday but Well's filling in is just doing "bad radio" in a different way.

Too bad somebody else can't fill-in, such as Knapp.  At least, I'm assuming, Knapp is on the air next Sunday.  :)

...  Noory seems to be taking off Fridays much more often lately, probably so he can fly out to Colorado to tape more episodes of his subscription pay video podcast...

It's great to see George wasting his time on that.  He'd better be getting his money upfront, no one is ever going to pay for that dreck.

From all that we've learned, everything he's ever done - other than Coast, which was not his idea and was handed to him - has failed miserably.  Why would any investor think something like this would be different.  He even managed to ruin Coast, which should have been pretty hard to do.

I don't know why he doesn't just pre-tape it.  He can leave spaces on the tape for the guests and callers to answer his generic questions or respond to his nonsequitur stories.  If his next pre-recorded question or comment cuts off the guest/caller no one will know the difference.   Throw in a few 'well, that's exactly right's and 'there's no doubt about that's, and he's got himself a show.

ItsOver

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 12, 2013, 02:45:36 PM
I don't know why he doesn't just pre-tape it.  He can leave spaces on the tape for the guests and callers to answer his generic questions or respond to his nonsequitur stories.  If his next pre-recorded question or comment cuts off the guest/caller no one will know the difference.   Throw in a few 'well, that's exactly right's and 'there's no doubt about that's, and he's got himself a show.

Hahaha... ;D .  I don't know why PremRat just didn't have Noory do one "generic-show-insert-guest", which is what I think you're saying GFP2216.  Noory's pretty much doing that, anyway, as he phones in it each night.  They could have saved a lot of money by just paying Noory a one-time fee and then cutting him lose.  I'm sure Noory would have been thrilled.  ;)   

Morgus

Or even easier the staff could just reuse old recordings of Noory's many canned generic questions and comments, using a soundboard to play any of them at one touch of a key by a staff member.
Noory isn't needed at all, I bet most folks couldn't tell the difference between live and soundboard Noory sounds...

Quote from: ItsOver on May 12, 2013, 02:52:50 PM

Hahaha... ;D .  I don't know why PremRat just didn't have Noory do one "generic-show-insert-guest", which is what I think you're saying GFP2216.  Noory's pretty much doing that, anyway, as he phones in it each night.  They could have saved a lot of money by just paying Noory a one-time fee and then cutting him lose.  I'm sure Noory would have been thrilled.  ;)

This has already been pioneered by Ancient Aliens.  Based on his generic commentary, it sure seems like they just record him making random comments that can apply to any of their show topics.  Of course, it's difficult to edit the dullness and lack of enthusiasm out of it.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 12, 2013, 05:22:09 PM
As I understand it, Noory's contract runs out at the end of 2013.  I'm not willing to bet either way on the whether he will stay or go after that.

If his contract does run out and George were to finally be fired after 2013, would he have enough to retire on?

From the sound of things, he was at rock bottom - given a low paying late-night Art Bell copycat radio show in St Louis as 'The Nighthawk' as a favor by a friend.  Starting with nothing, after 10 as the host of C2C, living in high cost LA and maintaining another residence in St Louis, is his savig from that and a 401k account enough?

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 12, 2013, 05:52:25 PM

If his contract does run out and George were to finally be fired after 2013, would he have enough to retire on?

From the sound of things, he was at rock bottom - given a low paying late-night Art Bell copycat radio show in St Louis as 'The Nighthawk' as a favor by a friend.  Starting with nothing, after 10 as the host of C2C, living in high cost LA and maintaining another residence in St Louis, is his savig from that and a 401k account enough?

Maybe we should start a "Save Radio - Help Poor Noory Retire Fund."  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on May 12, 2013, 05:22:40 PM
Or even easier the staff could just reuse old recordings of Noory's many canned generic questions and comments, using a soundboard to play any of them at one touch of a key by a staff member.
Noory isn't needed at all, I bet most folks couldn't tell the difference between live and soundboard Noory sounds...

That, too.  I'm sure Tommy could handle it.  He might actually make the show slightly more interesting, with the proper mixing of the pre-recorded "Noorons."

Quote from: ItsOver on May 12, 2013, 06:12:20 PM

That, too.  I'm sure Tommy could handle it.  He might actually make the show slightly more interesting, with the proper mixing of the pre-recorded "Noorons."

I'd bet anything even Tommy could do a better job hosting the show than the Snorge - probably anyone could.   Even if he thinks George's 'system' is exactly the right fit, he can read aloud better, speak better, has a better working knowledge of the language, and almost has to have at least a tiny bit more curiosity about the world around him.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 12, 2013, 06:29:10 PM

I'd bet anything even Tommy could do a better job hosting the show than the Snorge - probably anyone could.   Even if he thinks George's 'system' is exactly the right fit, he can read aloud better, speak better, has a better working knowledge of the language, and almost has to have at least a tiny bit more curiosity about the world around him.

You're right, P*B.  Heck, the janitor cleaning the place could probably do a better job than Jorch.  At least he'd know crap when he saw it.  ;)

Is there any way to bypass, or remove Jorch's butt ugly picture, from the new C2C app? It's creepy and disturbing to look at!

Quote from: Liam the runner on May 12, 2013, 10:10:31 PM
Is there any way to bypass, or remove Jorch's butt ugly picture, from the new C2C app? It's creepy and disturbing to look at!
I don't know what the C2C app is..but you should feel lucky.
Half of the sites I go to has that motherfucker's mugshot for his Gayum (sp?) tv crap. It is almost to the point of harassment.
Btw, according to yesterday's digging, Noary has a suckfactor of 2012 donkey dicks.

Hey Morgus,
Got any info on whether or not Noary has his own, private shitter there in his bunker? I'm surprised he's not streaming video of himself taking showers and shit with all this Gayim (sp)? crap spewing forth left and right.

Juan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 12, 2013, 05:52:25 PM
is his savig from that and a 401k account enough?
Cheap Channel 401k plans have a company match that does not vest until 7-years after signing up.  If George signed up at the beginning, he should have a good sum saved up, even if he chose a small percentage of his salary.  If he waited 5-years, he's hosed.

Roy Hinkley

OMG this is so perfect it is brilliant.  They really could have ONE VERSION of George's part and use it EVERY night.  Since he only asks the same questions over and over again, does not follow-up, and is KING of the non sequitur.... it would work.  It's just like the lame commercials where they tape one copy and just insert the media personality supposedly asking the question(s).  Premrad could get away with only paying this jack wagon once with his probing "what made yuh get into all this?" and "you're a (fill in specialty field) you must really like doing this" dumb a$$ comments and it would work for any guest.

ItsOver

How would we know if PremRat WERE to start doing this?  Maybe they already ARE doing this.  Maybe the whole Noory thing is just one big charade and Noory is just hanging-out in some dive bar every night, doing his best Elvis.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 13, 2013, 03:21:57 PM

How would we know if PremRat WERE to start doing this?  Maybe they already ARE doing this.  Maybe the whole Noory thing is just one big charade and Noory is just hanging-out in some dive bar every night, doing his best Elvis.

I've actually thought Borgus might have been filling in for him the past few years.

http://borgus.com/mp3/borgus-noory.mp3

edit:  thanks to the previous poster who included this link.  I could only ever find the Best of Borgus page.

Girlthulhu

I don't know if you guys saw this yet. God help us all.

Digitech

I actually think Michael Savage does that with his interviews sometimes. He will play a recording of himself interviewing a guest, but the guests responses sound chopped up and begin/end in weird places. My suspicion is that he has someone else do a long interview, then the best/most interesting responses are taken and they record Savage asking those questions. His voice always sounds normal, and the guest's sounds weird.

I haven't listened to Savage in ages so I don't know if he still does it...Anyone else ever notice that? It's only for short stuff, like a 3-5 minute thing. Not a full hour segment or whatever.

Meanandnasty

Quote from: Girlthulhu on May 13, 2013, 04:15:03 PM
Don't ya taste?  The pizza roll incident never happened, it was just one big tease for his newest release. 

When you think Noory what do you think now, if you are not on the groupie thread?  Pizza rolls?  What was that a late night snack?

He is not tied into anything food related so this is what the did?  Now if he were Paula Deen, now there is a woman for him, you would think food.  You think Noory, you do not think food, you think barf bag.

Girlthulhu

Quote from: Meanandnasty on May 13, 2013, 04:36:24 PM
You think Noory, you do not think food, you think barf bag.

I think mouth gonorrhea, but that's just me.

Imconfused

GMO corn on the cover.  Priceless! 

MV/Liberace!

i thought this was a joke.  holy christ.

Girlthulhu

Quote from: MV on May 13, 2013, 04:48:37 PM

Yeah, I thought so, too. But then I remembered that it's George Noory's job to make things suck more than previously thought possible. Therefore, it absolutely must be real.

$24.99 regular price on Amazon.com, but pre-order now $16.49 and receive on November 5, 2013.

Hardcover 224 pages.

Is this some sort of Prem Rad attempt at damage control?

Oddly, Indigo Chapters has it listed with a 2010 release date and full title of George Noory's Late-Night Snacks: Winning Recipes for Late-Night Radio Listening

Quote from: MV on May 13, 2013, 04:48:37 PM

It's two in the morning in Los Angeles and only a few cars are on the 405, while on the East Coast the diners haven't yet opened for the morning rush.  It's too late for dinner, too early for breakfast, and there's no pre-packaged, nuke-it-up fast food in the freezer.  What can you eat?  George Noory has put together the ultimate in late-night-treat cookbooks: Late - Night Snacks  for late-night radio.  He's gathered over a hundred of his own personalized recipes for the night hawks and night owls transfixed by stories of the paranormal, UFOs, past lives, ghosts, and anything from ETs to poltergeists that go bump in the night.  Noory's easy-to-make recipes include:  •  Secret Door Meatloaf  •  Hurried Curry Pockets  •  Alien Jerky  •  And many more!  When it's late and you're listening to Coast to Coast AM on the radio… grab Late- Night Snacks … and have a real treat!

Quote from: Meanandnasty on May 13, 2013, 04:36:24 PM
Don't ya taste?  The pizza roll incident never happened, it was just one big tease for his newest release...

As with EVERY Noory story, I think we knew it either never happened at all, or if he did bite into a too hot Pizza Roll the whole experience couldn't have possibly been what he said it was.  I mean who keeps molten hot food in their mouths for 5 seconds - to the point of being burned to the extent he claimed - before spitting it out?  Who calls someone (Tommy) in the middle of the night to drive them to an emergency room for this?  Who would always carefully get a turkey sandwich on whole grain, but if that wasn't available would just go for the junkiest of junk food?  He couldn't come in to do the show for 2 days, then afterward he was fine for 4 hours a night?  On and on.