• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

If Noory cared about those kids, he'd stop disgracing the airwaves with his presence.

Noory told us recently about a farm he used to own which was 120 acres or so.  He said he planted it with trees when he had to sell it.  Now, I can neither imagine Mr. Noory managing a farm nor doing all the labour intensive work so I'm thinking the farm actually belonged to his former wife's family (perhaps someone knows more about this).  In any case this at least suggests the possibility of a stable family life he may have had at one time. 

As far as his current sex life.. well he's not 20 anymore.  The hormones kind of start dropping at 40 (along with the sexual attractiveness of potential partners) and he's long past that so I doubt it's a big feature of his life.

fotd

George leads off tonight talking about Sylvia Browne and that he had "booted" her off the program in the past.  Maybe he does read here.

MTB

Holy shit...I think we can now rule out Sylvia Brown coming back to the show.

Eddie Coyle

"Broken Clock/Blind Squirrel" Noory.

George's Logic:  All mass extinctions in the past were natural, not man-made.  Therefore global warming isn't man-made.  Huh?

edit:  Sorry, I couldn't make it sound as stupid as he did.

Usagi

Quote from: fotd on May 08, 2013, 11:10:59 PM
George leads off tonight talking about Sylvia Browne and that he had "booted" her off the program in the past.

Someone who didn't know any better might mistakenly believe that he has some integrity.

Quote from: Usagi on May 08, 2013, 11:25:11 PM

Someone who didn't know any better might mistakenly believe that he has some integrity.

Every conman, hoaxter, neer-do-well, git, or whatever needs one noble action he can site to demonstrate credibility.

fotd

He just said he's bought his one year old granddaughter a box of plastic insects.  Who buys one year olds bugs as a present?  There is always something strange or awkward any time he mentions his kids/grandkids.  I get the feeling his wife did all the child raising and George had zero interaction with his children, or any children.

edit:  not to mention the choking hazard I'm sure those things are.  insects.  not a teddy bear, doll, anything of the like, but insects.  ffs!

Quote from: fotd on May 08, 2013, 11:37:51 PM
He just said he's bought his one year old granddaughter a box of plastic insects.  Who buys one year olds bugs as a present?  There is always something strange or awkward any time he mentions his kids/grandkids.  I get the feeling his wife did all the child raising and George had zero interaction with his children, or any children.

edit:  not to mention the choking hazard I'm sure those things are.  insects.  not a teddy bear, doll, anything of the like, but insects.  ffs!

It sounds a lot like when he wanted to sue the pizza company because 'what if a mother tosses one of these pizza rolls into a little baby's mouth?  That little baby would die!"

If a mother is feeding her baby pizza rolls, I think that child is going to have a lot more to worry about than dying from hot tomato and cheese.

coaster

Why did he kick her off the show though? Was it for being a fraud or for something else entirely? George once tried to claim he was psychic until a caller made him look like a total jackass over the air. He will never have credibility.

I'm liking both the guests tonight a lot.  I hope George doesn't mess it up too much.

Quote from: coaster on May 09, 2013, 12:03:56 AM
Why did he kick her off the show though? Was it for being a fraud or for something else entirely? George once tried to claim he was psychic until a caller made him look like a total jackass over the air. He will never have credibility.

From what bigchucka said a few posts ago, and confirmed by George tonight, it was because she claimed a group of miners would be found alive, and an update later in the program reported all except one or two had died.

Quote from: ufogadfly on May 08, 2013, 09:42:25 PM
And you know this how?
I don't know which page/threads this was covered , but the info you seek is within this forum.

Morgus

Quote from: coaster on May 09, 2013, 12:03:56 AM
Why did he kick her off the show though? Was it for being a fraud or for something else entirely?
Noory banned Sylvia Browne when she made a wrong prediction about miners years ago.
Too bad he hasn't banned other guests like Major Ed Dames that has made many more wrong predictions...

That was great.  The guest scientist almost started lecturing George about making unfounded assertions.

George "These [UFOs] must be curving space time and coming through portals!"
Guest (paraphrased) "Portals! George you and I are just lay people.  We're not engineers..."

I forget how it all went but anyway at some point George cut him off with an unrelated question.

popple

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 07, 2013, 04:17:25 PM

I only caught a small part of the show but I think there was something about shadow crabs messing up electrical equipment too.

Apparently they are more physical of the djinn... but she never said how they become more physical. PS: She thinks everything is djinn.

Morgus

I saw the SyFy Channel is now showing on Tuesday nights, a show called "Weird or What?" hosted by William Shatner.
This week they had on several of Noory's regular guests including Rosemary Ellen Guiley (who was on recently talking about the djinn and shadow people) and Dr. Bruce Goldberg.

gandalf50

Quote from: Morgus on May 09, 2013, 01:43:55 AM
I saw the SyFy Channel is now showing on Tuesday nights, a show called "Weird or What?" hosted by William Shatner.
This week they had on several of Noory's regular  guests including Rosemary Ellen Guiley (who was on recently talking about the djinn and shadow people) and Dr. Bruce Goldberg.
Yeah I happened across that too. It wasn't too bad actually. I'm guessing Noory probably was dying to be the host of that, but thankfully SciFi wanted someone who had some talent. They were offering him the chance to host the up and coming sequel "Stupid or What"
He's still mulling over the idea. :o

Quote from: Morgus on May 09, 2013, 01:43:55 AM
This week they had on several of Noory's regular guests including Rosemary Ellen Guiley (who was on recently talking about the djinn and shadow people) and Dr. Bruce Goldberg.

That's a great show in general. I had also read somewhere that William Shatner is quite a skeptic about these issues, which to be honest kind of surprised me.

Quote from: gandalf50 on May 09, 2013, 03:04:05 AM
Yeah I happened across that too. It wasn't too bad actually. I'm guessing Noory probably was dying to be the host of that, but thankfully SciFi wanted someone who had some talent. They were offering him the chance to host the up and coming sequel "Stupid or What"
He's still mulling over the idea. :o

I could be wrong but I think it was originally a Canadian series, hence they chose a Canadian host -- who better than William Shatner?  I saw an episode or two a couple years ago or so.

WOTR

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 08, 2013, 01:29:54 PM

"In and out of limo's my whole life", - we're supposed to think George is some kind of celebrity, and has been from the beginning.

Is there anybody who cannot see George making demands of event organizers?  He would undoubtedly demand a limo and a nice hotel room in order to grace their crappy little event with his presence.  George seems like just the type who would make every demand that he thought he could get away with.  I would predict that it is only the last couple of years that George has really been able to demand these things as he flies across the country to new life expos, alien conventions, natural healing seminars and psychic conventions.  He promises to mention their sad, little event on air, allow them to use his picture on their promotional material and in return he flies first class, takes a limo, and gets the penthouse suite along with all the pizza rolls he can eat (but demands they be served only with an internal temperature of 60 degrees as measured by the $8000 probe he travels with after the last unfortunate incident...)

I doubt he was used to it his whole life (I think until he hit the jackpot of hosting C2C he was probably used to driving himself around in a beat up Pinto.)  It has only been the last couple of years that he realized he could pimp himself out as an expert on everything. 

Can't sleep so I decided to do some work and turned on the radio in the background. It's the first time in many months that I decided to listen to George. The guest is a "geek chick" writer from the i09 website. She's actually pretty interesting and would have made a good guest for any of the other hosts.

George hasn't progressed as a host at all, he still has all of the same annoying idiosyncrasies as the last time I listened, he asks no follow up questions to anything the guest says, and has the same terrifying brain dead redneck audience. Plus there's more than one guest on tonight, it seems like they are changing topics and guests every hour long block. Why? Did they realize that George can't pull off a show with a single guest?

This is brutal.

"Pane us a pitcher of what would hapeen if an asteroid hit the Yearth. Pane us a pitcher."

Juan

The girls in the photo with George are his GRANDchldren - not the "daughter" who posted here.  Some of us suspect the "daughter" was actually George or Tommy.

BobGrau

Quote from: fotd on May 08, 2013, 11:10:59 PM
George leads off tonight talking about Sylvia Browne and that he had "booted" her off the program in the past.  Maybe he does read here.

Yet if you look her up on the Coast website, they're still advertising her site and books.

WOTR

Quote from: BobGrau on May 09, 2013, 04:16:26 AM

Yet if you look her up on the Coast website, they're still advertising her site and books.
Yes, but they undoubtedly get a cut of the money brought in just like any book seller and they probably collect a small referral fee for any traffic they send her way.  You do not really expect them to put their money where their mouth is, do you?

I caught Geroges rant at the beginning before killing the radio tonight.  I just kept wondering if she got a speaking engagement that he was trying for or what she did to upset him so much.  I cannot imagine that George (who keeps Hoagland as his science adviser and gives a platform to any medical quack who contacts him)  is really that outraged that a psychic was wrong.  Could it be that she refused to co-author (write) his next book with (for) him?  Did she refuse to be a last minute guest when another had cancelled or tell an audience at an event that George really is not a nice person?  What we witnessed was something that was personal for George.

valdez

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 09, 2013, 04:04:06 AM
...the guest is a "geek chick" writer from the i09 website. She's actually pretty interesting and would have made a good guest for any of the other hosts...
Annalee Newitz on mass extinctions.  I didn't know she was with the i09 site.  Now I like her even more.  A cool site for a brutal future.  George wondered if the human race had been "involved" in any mass extinctions.  No, George, because we're still here.  I thought Don Donderi was cool too.  Especially.  Because.  He.  Talked.  Like.  This.  Tonight's sound-off wasn't as boring as they usually are, a little rant about "stupid people."   Yeah.  Temping.  But too easy.

Newitz

Quote from: valdez on May 09, 2013, 05:33:03 AM
     Annalee Newitz on mass extinctions.  I didn't know she was with the i09 site.  Now I like her even more.  A cool site for a brutal future.  George wondered if the human race had been "involved" in any mass extinctions.  No, George, because we're still here.  I thought Don Donderi was cool too.  Especially.  Because.  He.  Talked.  Like.  This.  Tonight's sound-off wasn't as boring as they usually are, a little rant about "stupid people."   Yeah.  Temping.  But too easy.

George didn't say her name the same way twice.