• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Frys Girl

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 11, 2012, 11:20:01 AM
      New Age touchy feely bullshit probably presaging some mass layoffs or something. That's one of the good things about the "blue collar" world, is that none of this shite will ever be tried...because it would spell disaster and probably lead to an incident where grief counselors would be required.

Massaging the shoulders of the person in front of you...wow. Once of the reasons I stopped going to mass as a kid was because of that whole shaking hands with other parishioners nonsense. Massaging shoulders? Only if I could wrap my hands around their neck afterward.
There are churches were people wash each other's feet. Imagine if you are a kid in that parish. Imagine your parents will beat you and ground you if you don't go! Talk about double whammy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 11, 2012, 01:43:20 PM
There are churches were people wash each other's feet. Imagine if you are a kid in that parish. Imagine your parents will beat you and ground you if you don't go! Talk about double whammy.

in morocco, they have public showers where the people inside help BATHE one another.  how about that.

fysisist

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 11, 2012, 01:45:37 PM

in morocco, they have public showers where the people inside help BATHE one another.  how about that.

any hotties?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: fysisist on January 11, 2012, 02:17:35 PM
any hotties?

i've asked nabila to take pictures.  she selfishly refuses.

fysisist

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 11, 2012, 03:14:36 PM

i've asked nabila to take pictures.  she selfishly refuses.

women.  they just don't get it.

Eddie Coyle

Hipsters and their ironic referencing of Chuck Norris.

b_dubb

Chuck Norris ***

*** see World of Warcraft commercial
*** see Total Gym commercial
*** see Walker Texas Ranger

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 11, 2012, 07:22:37 PM
Chuck Norris ***

*** see World of Warcraft commercial
*** see Total Gym commercial
*** see Walker Texas Ranger

And every time I turn my head "Invasion USA" or "Code Of Silence" is on my awful cable outlet. I was 9 when those movies came out and thought they were retarded then.

b_dubb

UFO "researchers" that jump to conclusions (and they ALWAYS do)

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 11, 2012, 07:44:17 PM
   And every time I turn my head "Invasion USA" or "Code Of Silence" is on my awful cable outlet. I was 9 when those movies came out and thought they were retarded then.
chuck norris would have made a much better villain than always being cast as the good guy seeking to right a wrong

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 12, 2012, 07:22:51 AM
chuck norris would have made a much better villain than always being cast as the good guy seeking to right a wrong
Absolutely. But he generally worked for that Golan-Globus assembly line, which made the same movies over and over again, "hero saves the day from Commies and Ay-Rab" type of shit.

Eddie Coyle

Being outsmarted by a mouse...night after night. For 8 months running. It will probably die of old age at this rate.

b_dubb

seeing images of Tom and Jerry at an old folks home

Eddie Coyle

The highly obnoxious, disturbingly epicene Stephen Colbert and his schtick coma. The pits.

McPhallus

eBay sellers who try to peddle items at cut-rate prices and then mark the shipping way the fuck up, hoping the buyer takes the bait before noticing.

I.e., here's a TV for $50.  That'll be $300 for shipping.  Assholes.

Morgus

Quote from: McPhallus on January 14, 2012, 03:48:00 PM
eBay sellers who try to peddle items at cut-rate prices and then mark the shipping way the fuck up, hoping the buyer takes the bait before noticing.

I.e., here's a TV for $50.  That'll be $300 for shipping.  Assholes.
they used to do that because ebay only charged a fee to the seller by percentage of the price it sold for, not counting the shipping cost.
but i think ebay recently changed their fees to charge a percentage from the selling price including shipping. that should make that practice of ultra-high shipping be of no advantage now.

Vulhala

eBay in general is horrific. As someone who has run multiple businesses through it (their choice, not mine!) I will never ever use them again. If you think it sucks buying through them, try selling on there for a living :(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Vulhala on January 14, 2012, 04:48:16 PM
eBay in general is horrific. As someone who has run multiple businesses through it (their choice, not mine!) I will never ever use them again. If you think it sucks buying through them, try selling on there for a living :(

i think it would probably suck to be a seller on ebay, but i buy computer hardware/parts off of there probably 5-10 times per week, and i really love it.  thank god for it.  i don't know where else i'd buy some of this shit if ebay didn't exist.

McPhallus

Quote from: Vulhala on January 14, 2012, 04:48:16 PM

I wouldn't want to be a large seller on there, but I quite often buy used, obscure, and high-end items on there all the time.  I don't know what I'd do without them.  The problem with them today is that they don't have any real competition.  I remember the days of Yahoo auctions, and there was another big site that sold computer stuff whose name I can't even remember. 

Eddie Coyle

Every film by Richard Pryor, Gene Wilder and Cheech and Chong after 1979. It sucks when comedic geniuses stop being geniuses and ultimately stop being comedic.

Frys Girl

People who don't stop for pedestrians. One of these a-holes was driving next to me yesterday and almost hit a man. My heart stopped. Just brake! You're not that important that you can't wait 30 seconds for some old guy to cross the street. Some society we live in.

When we pulled up to the following red light, he was picking his nose really hard. I wanted to puke!

McPhallus

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 15, 2012, 01:41:14 AM
   Every film by Richard Pryor, Gene Wilder and Cheech and Chong after 1979. It sucks when comedic geniuses stop being geniuses and ultimately stop being comedic.

Eddie Murphy.

Silent

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 14, 2012, 05:40:12 PM

i think it would probably suck to be a seller on ebay, but i buy computer hardware/parts off of there probably 5-10 times per week, and i really love it.  thank god for it.  i don't know where else i'd buy some of this shit if ebay didn't exist.

I'm not a big time seller by any means but selling is a real pain in the ass sometimes.  Roughly 1/4 of my completed auctions are a hassle.  When someone doesn't pay it takes at least a week to get refunded the final value fee.  I've had stuff lying around for several months straight due to repeaded buyers not paying.  The real bad part is that ebay changed the way feedback works so I can't even warn future sellers about these people.  It's impossible for me to leave feedback on buyers who don't pay.

On the positive side, ebay is the only place I would ever get rid of most of my junk.  Without it I would just throw most of it out so the hassle is worth it for me.

My contribution to things which annoy me:  I just read an article which informed me that the SOPA bill in congress has bipartisan support.  Of all the important issues in our country this is the one which they will cooperate on.  I think I just puked a little.

b_dubb

SOPA
when politicians try to fuck up the internet at the behest of bitchy industry groups

Marc.Knight

Increasingly expensive university degrees that are increasingly worthless.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on January 18, 2012, 01:48:23 AM
Of all the important issues in our country this is the one which they will cooperate on.  I think I just puked a little.

this is why i get annoyed when people complain about gridlock and herald bipartisanship as some great moral victory for us all.  gridlock and partisanship exist for a reason.  it's supposed to be FUCKING DIFFICULT to pass new laws.  when gridlock goes away and is replaced by this precious spirit of bipartisanship we're always told to believe in, we get wars, the patriot act, and the potential for the erosion of our freedoms becomes limitless.  i love it when politicians fight.  civility in politics can be very dangerous.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 18, 2012, 01:59:47 PM

this is why i get annoyed when people complain about gridlock and herald bipartisanship as some great moral victory for us all.  gridlock and partisanship exist for a reason.  it's supposed to be FUCKING DIFFICULT to pass new laws.  when gridlock goes away and is replaced by this precious spirit of bipartisanship we're always told to believe in, we get wars, the patriot act, and the potential for the erosion of our freedoms becomes limitless.  i love it when politicians fight.  civility in politics can be very dangerous.
It means that one side has compromised or abandoned its principles. Shame.

The General

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 18, 2012, 01:59:47 PM

Exactlly.  Countries where everyone agrees are also known as dictatorships.  When the Republicans and Democrats agree, you can be sure of one thing: the people are getting a royal screwing.