"How many heads should a dog have?

Just one."

*rimshot*

I laughed, and I don't even know why.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aliens_against_noory on June 18, 2009, 05:53:20 PM
Fear of Clowns.

Lady is scared to death of Clowns - Coulrophobia
wouldn't it be an absolute RIOT if it was all a setup and they completely betrayed her trust by having the clown suddenly begin chasing her with a serrated knife?  BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA!!!!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 27, 2009, 06:55:19 PM
wouldn't it be an absolute RIOT if it was all a setup and they completely betrayed her trust by having the clown suddenly begin chasing her with a serrated knife?  BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA!!!!

That reminded me of this.....

Woman Terrified Of Cotton Balls

MV/Liberace!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAH holy shit i love maury.

mikemcc

I know --- er, I feel really bad because I laughed so hard when those cotton men went after her. That was not a very nice thing for Maury to do (and to hear him laughing in the background made me think he must have a really perverted, twisted side), but then *I* was laughing so I guess I should keep my thoughts about Maury to myself!

Borr

If you have a goddam mortal fear of cotton balls then you deserve to be tormented on national television.

EvB

You know what?  I have an anxiety disorder so severe that I've been disabled an unable to work due to it in the past.  Now, I' bet you're saying "Oh hell - she's gonna stick up for this woman" 

Guess what?  NOT!

These kinds of specific fears are treatable. Desensitization often works.  Learning to associate the fear item with something nice can help (as long as the something nice is something you like A LOT more than you fear the fear item) And, you can also learn to live with it.

I've never quite been able to get over my claustrophobia or fear of heights.  It's not even an emotional feeling, really.  It's purely physiological - vision gets blurry and my thought process fuzzes up etc . . .

BUT - unless someone closed me in a Plexiglas capsule and hung me from a sky scraper - with no rescue in sight - I'm NOT going to scream and cry! (That is, until I get the person who did it to me back in some corner and am ready to go postal on him  ;:) )

These women are getting a lot of attention for their dramatics.  It isn't helping!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: EvB on June 28, 2009, 01:05:20 PM
You know what?  I have an anxiety disorder so severe that I've been disabled an unable to work due to it in the past.  Now, I' bet you're saying "Oh hell - she's gonna stick up for this woman" 

Guess what?  NOT!

These kinds of specific fears are treatable. Desensitization often works.  Learning to associate the fear item with something nice can help (as long as the something nice is something you like A LOT more than you fear the fear item) And, you can also learn to live with it.

I've never quite been able to get over my claustrophobia or fear of heights.  It's not even an emotional feeling, really.  It's purely physiological - vision gets blurry and my thought process fuzzes up etc . . .

BUT - unless someone closed me in a Plexiglas capsule and hung me from a sky scraper - with no rescue in sight - I'm NOT going to scream and cry! (That is, until I get the person who did it to me back in some corner and am ready to go postal on him  ;:) )

These women are getting a lot of attention for their dramatics.  It isn't helping!

It is interesting.  In college I had a friend who had a debilitating fear of tall buildings.  Sort of the opposite of a fear of heights.  When we drove by a tall building he would end up on the floor of my car whimpering.

ACE of CLUBS

Fear of Clowns??
Are we all afraid of 'The Unfunny Clown'....George?
How about the 'Clown Servent'....Tom?
The joke's on us....try to laugh...
Would be nice to play a joke on Premiere Radio.....space chump

Marc.Knight

George hates clowns - and supposedly has a fear of clowns.