• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

BUMPER MUSIC, PLEASE HELP!

Started by Vulhala, July 13, 2012, 06:53:26 PM

Vulhala

Hey guys,

Me and a friend are desperately trying to track down a track for a little practice documentary we're putting together on Art, and the alternative radio scene as a whole, but I've had a massive brainfart and can't remember who it's by or what it's called.

All I can offer is it begins with Art saying ..."It's 2am....."

Quote from: Vulhala on July 13, 2012, 06:53:26 PM
Hey guys,

Me and a friend are desperately trying to track down a track for a little practice documentary we're putting together on Art, and the alternative radio scene as a whole, but I've had a massive brainfart and can't remember who it's by or what it's called.

All I can offer is it begins with Art saying ..."It's 2am....."
The song is Twilight Zone by Golden Earring.

McLovin

Golden Earring-Twilight Zone (Extended Version)

that's excellent, you got it in two notes.

I would have had to wait for "the beer is gone" to get it.

McLovin

Quote from: McLovin on July 13, 2012, 08:23:46 PM
Golden Earring-Twilight Zone (Extended Version)

that's excellent, you got it in two notes.

I would have had to wait for "the beer is gone" to get it.

edit: "the fear is gone" are the correct lyrics.  I am officially a sNoory (retard).

ziznak

IS that actually a sample of Art? it def sounds like him...

HAL 9000

Quote from: Vulhala on July 13, 2012, 06:53:26 PMMe and a friend are desperately trying to track down a track for a little practice documentary we're putting together on Art...

Here is a higher fidelity version (vs. Youtube) I found in my music collection. See attached mp3:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: ziznak on July 13, 2012, 08:47:56 PM
IS that actually a sample of Art? it def sounds like him...
No, the song (and band) predates Coast by a decade or more.

If memory serves, they were Swedish, didn't speak or understand English.  The lyrics for their songs were written by someone in management or the record company.  Their biggest hit was Radar Love, a song that has special meaning for me and the RealSexy Wifey.

McLovin

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 13, 2012, 09:47:51 PM
No, the song (and band) predates Coast by a decade or more.

If memory serves, they were Swedish, didn't speak or understand English.  The lyrics for their songs were written by someone in management or the record company.  Their biggest hit was Radar Love, a song that has special meaning for me and the RealSexy Wifey.

Golden Earing were Dutch (Holland, The Netherlands)

HAL9000 WOW HIFI ROCKS THANK YOU (YELLING IS INTENTIONAL)

R-C-D is absolutely correct.   Tune is early 80's.

Thanks!

HAL 9000

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 13, 2012, 09:47:51 PMTheir biggest hit was Radar Love, a song that has special meaning for me and the RealSexy Wifey.

Well then, that deserves a high-fidelity version of "Radar Love"

see attached mp3:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: HAL 9000 on July 13, 2012, 11:11:10 PM
Well then, that deserves a high-fidelity version of "Radar Love"

see attached mp3:
Sweet.  You rock, Hal.

stevesh

'Radar Love' is one of my down-the-ladder songs: tunes which if you're painting a house, you'll put your brushes aside and climb all the way down the ladder to change the station. Ditto anything by Steve Miller and almost anything by Wings.

Quote from: stevesh on July 14, 2012, 03:15:28 AM
'Radar Love' is one of my down-the-ladder songs: tunes which if you're painting a house, you'll put your brushes aside and climb all the way down the ladder to change the station. Ditto anything by Steve Miller and almost anything by Wings.
Any Heart song after the first two albums, and most of Queens catalog, would go in this category for me.