• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Faustina on January 30, 2016, 04:20:51 PM
Since Ted Cruz is "going down," any speculation on who Trump's running mate will be (presuming he wins the nomination) ???
Personally I would like old-school and the VP is the loser in the contest. I think a Trump Pres and Bernie/Billary VP would be fun times! The 12th is of several amendments that, being King, I would do away.

Jackstar

any speculation on who Trump's running mate will be

The best person. An incredible person. Someone he has respected for years.

Frankly, I'm hoping he goes all in and nominates his daughter. People would literally lose their fucking minds. Maybe in 2020.

Value Of Pi

Since Ted Cruz is "going down," any speculation on who Trump's running mate will be (presuming he wins the nomination) ???

You mean seriously, not WWF? I think he would make a boring, uninteresting choice that would benefit the ticket in the general election. He doesn't want or need some aspiring political star to distract attention or compete with him. He wouldn't want his choice to be an issue. He wouldn't mind throwing the GOP establishment a bone. He would want a Vice-President who would be seen and heard as little as possible.

He's full of surprises and this might very well be one of them.

EDIT:
Another thought. He's likely to be in the opposite position McCain was in when he chose Palin, so he'll make the opposite choice.

Designx

Probably an evangelical - maybe Huckabee since Trump is not trusted by the religious types. If Hillary gets the nod I wouldn't be surprised if Trump picks a evangelical woman. I'd prefer an S.E. Cupp (conservative atheist) over any of the typical boring conservative women though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Designx on January 30, 2016, 08:40:54 PM
Probably an evangelical - maybe Huckabee since Trump is not trusted by the religious types. If Hillary gets the nod I wouldn't be surprised if Trump picks a evangelical woman. I'd prefer an S.E. Cupp (conservative atheist) over any of the typical boring conservative women though.

I'd be fine with Huckabee.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on January 30, 2016, 08:56:07 PM
I'd be fine with Huckabee.

What about Rick Perry, or do you think he is damaged goods?

Value Of Pi

Huckabee would give Trump an earful; he couldn't help himself. Trump would fire him before he even "hired" him. Besides, I doubt Huckabee would want the job. A less passionate evangelical type might get the nod.

Huckabee or Perry might lose Trump more votes than they would gain by alienating today's version of the Reagan Democrats, who might be inclined to vote for Trump, but have no use for the Christian Right.  Their vote would be far more valuable than the evangelical vote in most of the states that can potentially go to either party.

VtaGeezer

There will no need to placate the bible thumpers.  They're not going to vote for Clinton, and Trump's shown with Iowa that he can get their votes and beat a hard core Jesus freak like Cruz who had a year's head start.

Designx

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 30, 2016, 11:11:13 PM
There will no need to placate the bible thumpers.  They're not going to vote for Clinton, and Trump's shown with Iowa that he can get their votes and beat a hard core Jesus freak like Cruz who had a year's head start.

Just like in the last election when it comes to election day, the bible thumpers just wont vote.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Designx on January 30, 2016, 11:28:09 PM
Just like in the last election when it comes to election day, the bible thumpers just wont vote.

My theory in the last election is that, whether they will admit it or not, refused to vote for a Mormon.

Huckabee would be a disastrous pick. I don't think there's a more contemptible swine to the millennial generation.

Trump needs a bad bitch as VP. I don't know who that is as I think politics are kind of fruity but I'm sure Trump will pick the perfect person as he seems to be bullet proof so far.

VtaGeezer

If Trump looks this strong on 3/1, the pundits will be abuzz over his possible VP choices, and I think it would be a woman who's currently off the radar but could help him win a big blue state or a purple state.  Nikki Haley is strong, but SC is already a lock for the GOP so she brings little to the party except some indie women's vote. 

Designx

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2016, 11:32:32 PM
My theory in the last election is that, whether they will admit it or not, refused to vote for a Mormon.

Coming from a friend who is an evangelical - he believes Trump's religious notions are a complete fraud used just to further his presidential intentions. Is a fraud just as bad as being a Mormon? I don't think so. I think Beck and his ilk are saying the same things about Trump. The question is if the religious right is large enough to sway an election. I think the average Trump supporter is less likely to go out and vote based on what's airing on TV come election day. The religious right is impatiently awaiting for Jesus' return and elected Hillary may (to them) accelerate that.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 30, 2016, 11:43:45 PM
If Trump looks this strong on 3/1, the pundits will be abuzz over his possible VP choices, and I think it would be a woman who's currently off the radar but could help him win a big blue state or a purple state.  Nikki Haley is strong, but SC is already a lock for the GOP so she brings little to the party except some indie women's vote.

He can keep his little dick skinners off my Governor. We`ll keep the Honorable Nikki Haley right here in SC. Besides, she has confided in me that she thinks Trump is a pig. Now, if the right man wins, then we`ll entertain any offers at that time.

IF Trump becomes the GOP nominee, and I still think there are HUGGGGEEEEE doubts, he might be best served with, say...one of the Kardashians as VP. Perhaps the last winner of one of his beauty pageants, or one of the Jersey housewives.

Designx

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 31, 2016, 12:36:23 AM
He can keep his little dick skinners off my Governor. We`ll keep the Honorable Nikki Haley right here in SC. Besides, she has confided in me that she thinks Trump is a pig. Now, if the right man wins, then we`ll entertain any offers at that time.

IF Trump becomes the GOP nominee, and I still think there are HUGGGGEEEEE doubts, he might be best served with, say...one of the Kardashians as VP. Perhaps the last winner of one of his beauty pageants, or one of the Jersey housewives.

You say all that about Trump but the funny thing is that is still preferable to what the typical bible thumper candidate wants to regress back to (gay marriage, abortion, pot legalization, etc) those guys want to make my choices for me whereas I doubt Trump gives a crap.

Quote from: Designx on January 31, 2016, 12:51:43 AM
You say all that about Trump but the funny thing is that is still preferable to what the typical bible thumper candidate wants to regress back to (gay marriage, abortion, pot legalization, etc) those guys want to make my choices for me whereas I doubt Trump gives a crap.

You`re right. Like Obama, Trump is a well documented champion of a most hideous form of infanticide -- partial-birth abortion. 8)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Designx on January 30, 2016, 11:56:26 PM
Coming from a friend who is an evangelical - he believes Trump's religious notions are a complete fraud used just to further his presidential intentions. Is a fraud just as bad as being a Mormon? I don't think so. I think Beck and his ilk are saying the same things about Trump. The question is if the religious right is large enough to sway an election. I think the average Trump supporter is less likely to go out and vote based on what's airing on TV come election day. The religious right is impatiently awaiting for Jesus' return and elected Hillary may (to them) accelerate that.

I have never met a Christian that believes in accelerating our demise to bring on the return of Jesus. I am sure there are some fanatics, but I believe they are hard to find.

GravitySucks

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 31, 2016, 12:57:13 AM
You`re right. Like Obama, Trump is a well documented champion of a most hideous form of infanticide -- partial-birth abortion. 8)

Can you provide a recent source for that?  Everything I could find says in 2000 he came out in favor of a ban on partial birth abortion.

Including this link for a source: http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2016, 11:32:32 PM
I think there is some truth to this.  I don't think I could vote for a Mormon.

Designx

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 31, 2016, 12:58:39 AM
I have never met a Christian that believes in accelerating our demise to bring on the return of Jesus. I am sure there are some fanatics, but I believe they are hard to find.

I guess I'm around those "fanatical" types that see the moral degradation is so bad that the country is not worth saving. Some also only see civil war as the solution to the problems they perceive. Maybe apathy has killed the belief that a single elected human can resolve what they see as a self-destructing evil motivated humanity. 

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 31, 2016, 01:02:46 AM
Can you provide a recent source for that?  Everything I could find says in 2000 he came out in favor of a ban on partial birth abortion.

Including this link for a source: http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

Trump is a chameleon. Whatever view is most expedient, becomes his view. His entire life he maintained his attitudes reflected that of a typical liberal New Yorker. NOW he sees an opportunity to run as a conservative. Que the perfectly timed spiritual epiphany.

GravitySucks

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 31, 2016, 01:27:30 AM
Trump is a chameleon. Whatever view is most expedient, becomes his view. His entire life he maintained his attitudes reflected that of a typical liberal New Yorker. NOW he sees an opportunity to run as a conservative. Que the perfectly timed spiritual epiphany.

You said "well documented Champion". I do not believe you. He has been against it for over 15 years. I would like to see your proof that he is a "well documented Champion" of partial birth abortion.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 31, 2016, 01:30:53 AM
You said "well documented Champion". I do not believe you. He has been against it for over 15 years. I would like to see your proof that he is a "well documented Champion" of partial birth abortion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOlXidHXRE

GravitySucks

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 31, 2016, 01:34:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOlXidHXRE

Did you watch the video?

I do not see how anyone can watch that video and then compare him to Obama and say he is a "Well documented Champion of partial birth abortion". He clearly states he hates abortion.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 31, 2016, 01:43:37 AM
Did you watch the video?

I do not see how anyone can watch that video and then compare him to Obama and say he is a "Well documented Champion of partial birth abortion". He clearly states he hates abortion.

In the battle against infanticide, you are either a champion for death of infants, or a champion for the life of infants. My friend, there is no gray area. It's black and white. Donald Trump is clearly a champion for the death of infants. That's all there is to it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 31, 2016, 01:52:03 AM
In the battle against infanticide, you are either a champion for death of infants, or a champion for the life of infants. My friend, there is no gray area. It's black and white. Donald Trump is clearly a champion for the death of infants. That's all there is to it.

I am against all abortion, but I find your comparison of Obama and Trump to be disengenious. I accept the fact the he says his position on abortion has evolved. My position on abortion has evolved. I am now totally against it. It was not always so. I get it, you support Cruz. I understand that. I helped elect Cruz to the Senate. I do not think we have to make unsubstantiated statements about candiates that we don't support in hopes of building up our candidate.

If someone says they hate abortion, they cannot be classified as a champion of partial birth abortion. "Champion" implies activism in support of an issue. I see no evidence of that. And I see no evidence of his evolving position on abortion as anything but that. Like I said, my position on abortion has evolved, but I was never a champion of abortion.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 31, 2016, 02:10:55 AM
I am against all abortion, but I find your comparison of Obama and Trump to be disengenious. I accept the fact the he says his position on abortion has evolved. My position on abortion has evolved. I am now totally against it. It was not always so. I get it, you support Cruz. I understand that. I helped elect Cruz to the Senate. I do not think we have to make unsubstantiated statements about candiates that we don't support in hopes of building up our candidate.

If someone says they hate abortion, they cannot be classified as a champion of partial birth abortion. "Champion" implies activism in support of an issue. I see no evidence of that. And I see no evidence of his evolving position on abortion as anything but that. Like I said, my position on abortion has evolved, but I was never a champion of abortion.

If you think Mr. Trump suddenly "evolved," as you put it, and became pro-life, after more than a half century as pro-choice, I have a bridge I`d like to sell you. It doesn`t happen like that. Now, if he is - God forbid -- elected president, he`ll more than likely appoint at least 2 Supreme Court Justices, and possibly up to 4. Trump will rely on his "New York values" to guide him in his selection. That will be a disaster for this country for generations to come.

You say you`re not "totally against" abortion? Are you totally against murder? Or are you evolving on that? As far as I`m concerned, any celebrity that goes in front of millions of people on a regular basis, and says he`s pro-life and supports partial-birth abortion, is a CHAMPION for that cause. Why? Because he influences many people, whether he likes it or not.