• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

=Schlyder=

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 28, 2017, 02:38:24 AM
Perogies belong to a bunch of Slav countries including Poland, Ukraine and Slovakia. All the Polish people I know talk endlessly about mom and grandma's perogies. The European map has been drawn over carved up so many times, western part of Ukraine became part of Poland post WWI. Perogies I think are both their national comfort peasant food.

I know this already.  I just have never heard anyone from the deep south ever mention perogies or cabbage rolls etc.  before  LOL

TigerLily

The first guest would have been perfect for the regular weeknight host. Babbled nonstop about how "there are no coinshedenshes". Kind of a waste of good George's talents. But the second half made up for it. I'll put this show in the "win" column and impatiently wait through the next couple of weeks for Knapp's return

MrHippie

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/george-knapp-shows
https://twitter.com/g_knapp

Date
Sunday - September 17, 2017
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Randall Nickerson,  David Booher   

Knapp's guests have investigated and will discuss

First up
"On September 16th, 1994, at the Ariel primary school in Zimbabwe, over 60 school children described seeing a disc-shaped craft land behind the school"

And later on
"On a lonesome road in Utah in 1959, Gerry Irwin, a young soldier returning from leave speeds through the desert night. Suddenly the sky lights up as a blazing object streaks across the highway and crashes nearby. Stunned, the soldier stops and decides to investigate."

Nebraska888

Knapp night!  Zee, are you going to listen?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nebraska888 on September 17, 2017, 07:08:24 PM
Knapp night!  Zee, are you going to listen?

Sounds interesting. Someone who had a close encounter as a kid with a bunch of other kids will recount and discuss the experience.

Nebraska888

I look forward to the discussion.

TigerLily

Quote from: Nebraska888 on September 17, 2017, 07:50:15 PM
I look forward to the discussion.

Hi Neb! Sounds like a great night. The African incident has always sounded intriguing but I have never heard all the details or any follow up. All other UFO sightings have been done to death but not so much with this one. I don't know anything about the second half subject. Jammies, bunny slippers and chamomile on standby

Quote from: MrHippie on September 15, 2017, 11:25:04 PM
...Knapp's guests have investigated and will discuss

First up
"On September 16th, 1994, at the Ariel primary school in Zimbabwe, over 60 school children described seeing a disc-shaped craft land behind the school"...

One of the missionaries brought a frisbee

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 17, 2017, 08:31:31 PM
One of the missionaries brought a frisbee

A frisbee big enough carry the beings that got off of it when it landed?  ???

Nebraska888

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 07:57:55 PM
Hi Neb! Sounds like a great night. The African incident has always sounded intriguing but I have never heard all the details or any follow up. All other UFO sightings have been done to death but not so much with this one. I don't know anything about the second half subject. Jammies, bunny slippers and chamomile on standby

I am ready too!

Juan Cena

"Africa?"

For reals, Knapp?

Should have gone with "Master Blaster"

https://youtu.be/V4n27JuJhXc

TigerLily

We need some Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black Mombasa, Hugh Masekela and Miriam Makeba

GravitySucks

Swamp gas and UN troops with gas masks.

Juan Cena

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 17, 2017, 11:43:12 PM
Swamp gas and UN troops with gas masks.

Can't be. UN doesn't have the money for gas masks.

Juan Cena

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 11:40:41 PM
We need some Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black Mombasa, Hugh Masekela and Miriam Makeba

https://youtu.be/dU7bx1BX9Eg

TigerLily

Great selections, guys. Thanks!

TigerLily

Really an interesting story but the guest wasn't quite as verbal as I had hoped. Probably a better story teller visually than audibly. Going to listen to the second half offline. Night all

Great Steely Dan song

Uncle Duke

Listened to last night's show this afternoon, very disappointing.  I mean, how many times have we said (complained?) here we keep hearing the same old guests talking about the same old cases.  So Knapp goes out and gets two first-time guests with seldom discussed UFO cases, and what happens?  Bad guests whose stories Knapp seemed disinterested in and/or not properly prepared to discuss.

The second guest was simply not a good interview.  Might be a great researcher and writer, but he was all over the place as an on air guest. Knapp seemed to try to rein him in a couple times, but the story itself was so disjointed Knapp seemed to be having problems following the story/guest himself.  At least twice the guest told Knapp he was wrong with statements he made relative to the story.  I couldn't tell if Knapp wasn't well prepared, was disinterested, or if he was just frustrated with/confused by the guest.  I would like to hear more about the case, however, and would read the book.

I think Knapp knew more about the Zimbabwe case, and he did seem to be more on the same page with the first guest. The problem was, I think that guy was stoned.  Three times he had to ask Knapp what the question was again in the middle of his answers.  I was also disappointed Knapp didn't ask this guest more challenging questions.  For example, was the possibility of mass hysteria ever looked at in this case?  I'm certainly no expert in such things, but I know it's not uncommon in situations involving kids.  Along those lines, considering the long, vicious civil war that took place in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe just years previously, was there any thought of PTSD affecting those children?  What was the racial/ethnic breakdown of the child witnesses, and did their accounts vary along cultural backgrounds?  (I think this is the case where some of the witnesses claimed the "aliens" looked like Michael Jackson.)  In the end, what we got instead was the guest asking for money.

Did anyone else notice one of the callers (from Utah?) for the second guest sounded like the kid who Bell interviewed on MITD about the crashed UFO he claimed to have found?  I'm pretty sure it was the same guy.

I agree 100% Duke.

I kept wanting to take the 2nd guy's information and knowledge of the case and merge it
with some one like Paulides presentation skills.   I also think that the caller you mentioned was the same guest Art
had on..........

I've never understood the appear of George Knap.  Dry, boring, awful guests ranging from not credible to incoherent to mentally ill.  Knap himself appears to have no sense of what sounds credible and what doesn't - or that such a concept even exists.

Maybe in comparison to the Snorge... but that's it.

ShayP

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 18, 2017, 06:09:19 PM
I've never understood the appear of George Knap.  Dry, boring, awful guests ranging from not credible to incoherent to mentally ill.  Knap himself appears to have no sense of what sounds credible and what doesn't - or that such a concept even exists.

Maybe in comparison to the Snorge... but that's it.

Perhaps Knapp is bored and has to be committed to C2C.  I'm guessing the tired stories are becoming cumbersome. Regardless, anybody would get bored of the same stuff.  I just wonder if he books his own guests or it's Tommie and the others.  I still think Knapp is quality.  My opinion of course.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on September 18, 2017, 07:29:54 PM
Perhaps Knapp is bored and has to be committed to C2C.  I'm guessing the tired stories are becoming cumbersome. Regardless, anybody would get bored of the same stuff.  I just wonder if he books his own guests or it's Tommie and the others.  I still think Knapp is quality.  My opinion of course.

I think DeLonge has really hurt his rep. It makes me think Delonge is under contract as some sort of deep state disinformation agent.

Juan Cena

Quote from: ShayP on September 18, 2017, 07:29:54 PM

Knapp's probably come to the realitization that UFOology has hit a dead end, and the paranormal in general really is more closely behind than he wants to admit.