• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

aldousburbank

The Arizona native marigolds (Tagetes lemmonii) blooming next to ye old Burbank Compound front porch.

[attachimg=1]

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 05, 2014, 06:24:21 AM
The Arizona native marigolds (Tagetes lemmonii) blooming next to ye old Burbank Compound front porch.

[attachimg=1]
Nice compound Mr B

maureen

[attachimg=1]
Beautiful!! I believe it is used when cooking corn... lovely flavour!! "pericón" here in Mexico..."esquites" being a rainy season favourite!!

[attachimg=1]

WTH?  It's December.  You people are so spoiled.

aldousburbank

Quote from: maureen on December 05, 2014, 03:15:37 PM
Beautiful!! I believe it is used when cooking corn... lovely flavour!! "pericón" here in Mexico..."esquites" being a rainy season favourite!!
Yes, from my travels in Mexico, I know the "pericon".  It is a closely related species, Tagetes lucida. My peeps and I use it with tobacco. It's called Mexican Anise up here. Kind of tricky starting from seed, but a lovely perrenial once it does.

aldousburbank

After the rain, mushrooms!

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

A tiny tomato.

The tomato plant made exactly two tomatoes.  One is still on the vine. One ripened and fell off.

The fallen happens to be a midget.  (Led Zeppelin joke: It really said "My short Satan.")

This is a real picture, not a scaled down photoshopped tomato.  The proportions are classic tomato.

It's so small (how small is it?)  It's so small that a cherry tomato could kick its ass.

But it brings me joy. I mean, look at it.

Time to make a tiny salad. Or dress a tiny hamburger.

Or G I Joe could throw it and smash it into Barbie's face, shaming  her.

Or I could "can it." But that would require a midget mason jar.

Jim Gaffigan: What is that? Is that an insulin vial filled with blood? Did you can that yourself?

Heather Wade

This may be better suited for the politics section, but, it brings me great joy:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/obama-declares-day-after-christmas-holiday/njMwg/

I'm having some hysterical happy pancakes on that day. 

pate

Aha!  Bittersweet, but I thought that just my old mama's fixation on decoration...

American somesuch.. who cares about that...

pate

Da,,it:  Jappy to have a fill-in (some sort of under-stuffy{understudy})

"replacement" for the toomeric (or curried rice ghost)

[attachimg=1]

Fruit Loup should be proud this one is a barker!

pate

No worries, favorite status is still held by old lady....

Old pic w/ Fruit Loup included:

[attachimg=1]

Well hell fire shit damn saved, I previously posted a partial of the dime-sized Tom.

This should be it:

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 07, 2014, 12:08:09 PM
Well hell fire shit damn saved, I previously posted a partial of the dime-sized Tom.

This should be it:

Yeah, we were all peeking around the corner giggling, and wondering when you were going to notice you'd cropped your crop out of the picture.  Get a loaf of cocktail rye and you can make tiny BLTs!

pyewacket

Just made the filling for home made potato and cheese pierogies - It has to set in the fridge overnight, then I can make my dough and fill and boil. Generational holiday tradition. It brings me joy to do this for family and friends!  :)

coaster

Quote from: pyewacket on December 10, 2014, 06:37:50 PM
Just made the filling for home made potato and cheese pierogies - It has to set in the fridge overnight, then I can make my dough and fill and boil. Generational holiday tradition. It brings me joy to do this for family and friends!  :)
I have to find a way to get myself into pyewacket's family and friends.

aldousburbank

You would think that I would post this on the Politics board but no, it brings me joy that our president can pull a Noory/Biden job with the Good Book.

Obama quotes nonexistent Bible verse in immigration speech

"The good book says don't throw stones at glass houses, or make sure we're looking at the log in our eye before we are pointing out the moat in other folks eyes,"

http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/index/273404/speedreads-obama-quotes-nonexistent-bible-verse-in-immigration-speech

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 10, 2014, 08:02:26 PM
You would think that I would post this on the Politics board but no, it brings me joy that our president can pull a Noory/Biden job with the Good Book.

Obama quotes nonexistent Bible verse in immigration speech

"The good book says don't throw stones at glass houses, or make sure we're looking at the log in our eye before we are pointing out the moat in other folks eyes,"

http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/index/273404/speedreads-obama-quotes-nonexistent-bible-verse-in-immigration-speech

he must lissen to noory to noory am ...
and biden, i think he trained noory...

eddie dean

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 07, 2014, 12:08:09 PM

This should be it:

You should consider being the official tomato grower for the YT guy that produces the tiny hamster videos!
Just a thought.
BTW, better luck with your tomato garden next year Cam!

Tiny Hamster Eating Tiny Burritos (Ep. 1): http://youtu.be/JOCtdw9FG-s

pate

Quote from: eddie dean on December 10, 2014, 10:39:19 PM
http://youtu.be/JOCtdw9FG-s

Tiny Hamster Eating Tiny Burritos (Ep. 1)

Haha, good one, what about enchiladas?  I know, fake Tex-Mex seems to be such a problem, but who really cares?

Gerbils, that is who you should really be talking about!  Becux of you the fate of guinea pigs are in question...  Ach!

edit: who sullies such topics with hithero unbeknownst somesuches?!.>?!/

Quote from: pyewacket on December 10, 2014, 06:37:50 PM

Sounds fabulous!  Shall I bring some wine? 😉

pyewacket

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 13, 2014, 11:49:32 AM

Whatever you'd like- good company is always welcome!  :)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 13, 2014, 11:49:32 AM

Quote from: pyewacket on December 13, 2014, 12:15:45 PM
Whatever you'd like- good company is always welcome!  :)

Well, that's you two sorted.  :)

You cheeky scamp!  Do not impugn the reputation of Pyewacket; she'd not be caught with a bloke like me!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 13, 2014, 12:46:57 PM
You cheeky scamp!  Do not impugn the reputation of Pyewacket; she'd not be caught with a bloke like me!

Just make sure she doesn't get caught then!

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2014, 01:30:54 PM

Just make sure she doesn't get caught then!

Ah, Yorkie- you make me laugh! I've been married to the same lovely man for so long, I wouldn't know what to do with a new one. LOL  ;D

Thanks for defending my honor, West! You're a good man and I wish you much happiness.

Heather Wade

This thread.  I love this thread.