BellGabber on the Year 2018 - People's Choice

Started by heater, June 19, 2018, 08:31:41 PM

heater

Vote and nominate for who you think is the People's Choice in this thread

starrmtn001

Quote from: heater on June 19, 2018, 08:31:41 PM
IngloriousBitch (Ibby). ;D

Can we have a definition of "Year",  starting from January 1, 2018 or going back to the last Bellgabathon?

heater

to make it simple...the criteria is the last 10 months.

GravitySucks

Do they have to have posted during this timeframe?

heater

for some reason I cant create a poll yet.  I'll check with Liberace to get the access we need!

K_Dubb

Chefist, without a doubt.  He has produced fun home-grown shows, actually called in to represent us in suitably awkward fashion, and roundly entertained us with his sparring on the forum.  No one has done more this year to foster the sort of twisted, uncomfortable camaraderie that might pass for community spirit in this shithole.  ;D

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 19, 2018, 08:48:35 PM
Chefist, without a doubt.  He has produced fun home-grown shows, actually called in to represent us in suitably awkward fashion, and roundly entertained us with his sparring on the forum.  No one has done more this year to foster the sort of twisted, uncomfortable camaraderie that might pass for community spirit in this shithole.  ;D
Definitely Chefist.  Love him or hate him he is always stirring the pudding.

BellHop

I might sound stupid when I say this - I'm nominating Art Bell. Why? Well, he was a BellGab member. He also is the reason we're all here. Without Art, would we be complaining about Jorch or Heather, or praising Dave? Would Pahrump, NV be important on our maps?

Art has brought us all together, and as he passed this year I think it would be fitting for Art Bell to be the BellGabber of the Year for 2018.

GravitySucks

Quote from: BellHop on June 20, 2018, 09:15:51 PM
I might sound stupid when I say this - I'm nominating Art Bell. Why? Well, he was a BellGab member. He also is the reason we're all here. Without Art, would we be complaining about Jorch or Heather, or praising Dave? Would Pahrump, NV be important on our maps?

Art has brought us all together, and as he passed this year I think it would be fitting for Art Bell to be the BellGabber of the Year for 2018.

Actually George Noory is the reason we are all here. Go back and start with PAGE 1

Quote from: Liberace on April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM
The following is a list of documented George Noory quotes. Known as "Nooryisms"... these non sequitur quips and half-witted, meandering ramblings serve only to exacerbate my feelings of disappointment over what has happened since Noory took over Coast to Coast AM. If you happen to know of others and you can document when they occurred, please post them in a reply to this topic.

"Could it be a portal?"

"I don't think there's any doubt."

"Let me tell you even I have learned some things here I didn't know about."
From Jul 19 2007. Following a round table discussion on trans-humanism.

"How 'bout a dramatic topic... trans-humanism... you know, when you just think of the word trans-humanism, you dudint think that it's that exciting but it really is!"
From July 19 2007. He really did say dudn't.

"If we all had our own solar system, we wouldn't have to worry about that."
From July 19, 2007. During a discussion on solar energy.

"Did you hear today they just found Saturn's 60th moon? I will give you one million dollars of the network's money, James, if you, in the next two minutes, can name all sixty."
From July 19, 2007.

George Noory: "Dr. Leir's website is www.alienscalpel.com. Ooh, that's scary sounding. Alien scalpel."

Dr. Roger Leir: "Well, you know me George, I don't try to scare people."

George Noory: "Yeah, with those fang teeth of yours?"
July 6, 2007.

"If you raised a baby and beat it and kicked it and yelled at it, it would turn out to be a mean baby?"
July 19, 2007.

"Jim, humanity has always been looking for ways to improve on our suffering and improve on disease, aging and involuntary death..."
July 19, 2007.

"You know, Ray, everytime I think of things in the future, I think of the Jetsons."
July 19, 2007.

"Well before too long we'll all be cyborgs won't we?"
July 19, 2007.

"I would guess your mind is part of who you are."
July 19, 2007.

"If you had a chance to go back to Skull and Bones right now, as a little fly on the ointment, so to speak, what would you be looking for?"

"Gosh!"

I've been fascinated by this my entire life.

Al-ja-reeza.

"Things are never as they seem.

I should write a book. I've always wanted to write a book. I should write a book about kids who see dead people.

"Wouldn't it be amazing if one day they discover a buried UFO and flipped a switch and on it goes?" (Another non-sequitur.)

I don't believe in coincidences.

There are no coincidences.

Coincidences don't exist.

Have I ever mentioned that I don't believe in coincidences?

OK, Canadian. Don't knock our administration.

I really do believe 2012 is coming. What do you think about that?

"Well, the group mind experiments I've done on the show have been rather tentative because I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

George: "It would be great if Saddam just left Iraq, don't you think?"

Hal: "Yes, but he's not going to do that. Like last time, he's going to put his citizens in harm's way, use them as human shields, and wreak destruction on the oil fields."

George: "That's kind of selfish, isn't it?"

"Yeah, March 3rd is a full moon. When our boys go in that'd be the best time, because they'll really need the light to see." (On the Iraq invasion.)

"I truly believe there are other solar systems out there. I really do."

That'll make you want to think.

"Just let it go. Don't worry about it. If you screw up, no one will ever know." (George talking to his board operator during a break when his mic was accidentally left open.)

A story is worth a thousand words.

Richard C. Hoagland: So he used the Star Wars theme the night before the God damn war started! Can I say that on here?

George Noory: No.

Richard C. Hoagland: Oh. OK.

"That's got to be the worst luck I've ever heard of... in a very long time."

I was jumping over chairs and knocking them over with my back feet."

"Yeah. Pretty scary. But has anyone considered the people that live underground? (Referring to the Sounds From Hell clip.)

"Lex has done it again. I don't know how Lex does it." (Referring to listener-submitted photos on the website.)

"Oh, yeah."
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
Sure.
That's right.
Uh huh.
Gee.
Ha ha. That?s true.
Yeah.
I was just going to say...
Sure, yeah.
Gosh, he comes up with some great stuff.
(Noory's interactions with Michio Kaku in April of 2003.)

"He's dedicated to finding the 'Theory of Almost Everything.'"
(Referring to Michio Kaku.)

"Did he have.....Lamb Legs?"
(Referring to a half-man, half-animal thing a caller said was chasing her.)

"You know, you sound exactly like Don Johnson."
(Immediately following a lengthy monologue by guest Zeph Daniel.)

Are they called sand scripts because they were written on tablets of sand?
(To Michael Cremo, referring to the Sanskrit language.)

Chucacabra.

"Do you think asteroids have a brain and know which side of the planet to crash into?"

"You'll know how advanced they are by the amount of graffiti in the tunnels.
(Referring to Mars.)

Wagering war...

"I've got to ask you something, and this is going to be a very profound question. I want you to think for a moment, if you haven't already, and... oh, I guess you probably already have...

Can you add hydrogen to, say, gasoline... or does that defeat the purpose?"

"I want to go back to the dark ages and find out what the reason was. I think it was an asteroid or a meteor."

"Elderly Thomas Edison was elderly."
March 28, 2007.

"Bigfoot may well be an extraterrestrial, because... remember Chewbacca?"

"We're not talking about dead people. We're talking about the aliens... of their ghosts!"

"Well, with prophecy you got to see what happens."

"You do something annual every year, don't you?"

"What I do is create an aura of mystery."

"Sometimes I wish the aliens would abduct me and crown me as their leader."

"Who or what was the Great Pyramid?"

BellHop

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 20, 2018, 09:18:05 PM
Actually George Noory is the reason we are all here. Go back and start with PAGE 1
But Jorch doesn't have a BellGab account - does he?

GravitySucks

Quote from: BellHop on June 20, 2018, 09:19:21 PM
But Jorch doesn't have a BellGab account - does he?
GNoory

He posted a well wishes on Father’s day

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 19, 2018, 08:48:35 PM

Wow...appreciated...I never knew there were awards associated with BG...wouldn't say no... ;D

Honestly, we had some fun on Martinez Tonight....pop up shows...etc...I'll keep doing it...you folks are the best...funny, witty and entertaining...

Saw something about how I was monetized...LOL...never received a single cent of money...hilarious the rumors out there... ;D

I would say BlueJay or El Chorro...though I have not seen much of Chorro recently...

littlechris

Quote from: whoozit on June 20, 2018, 06:35:47 AM
Definitely Chefist.  Love him or hate him he is always stirring the pudding.

Ditto. I nominate Chefist. He brings a lot of energy to the board without being nasty or negative like the 99% of you assholes.

damon

Quote from: littlechris on June 20, 2018, 09:33:16 PM
Ditto. I nominate Chefist. He brings a lot of energy to the board without being nasty or negative like the 99% of you assholes.
Chris, I nominate you.

Lord Grantham

For the people with the largest impact on the direction and content of the forum this year I nominate a joint award between Art Bell and [Redacted].

The "#Legacy Award", if you will.

Metron2267

Quote from: heater on June 19, 2018, 08:31:41 PM

Liberace, the progenitor of Bellgab and producer of scintillating podcasts.

Jojo

ItsOver, for his great attachments and usually civil expression.

Fourteen

Gd5150

Can’t wait for the acceptance speeches!

comaphobe

1st place: Bart Ell as Bellgabber of the year (2018). IMO Bart is Internet User of the year too. He wins the whole internet.

Congrats to Bart!

2nd Place: MV, the recent Gabcasts have been some of the best ever - Praise Liverachee!

3rd Place: George Noory. He did everything right through April and May.

The League MVP award should go to Mr Winnie - What a pro! He is a dream come true.

Honorable mention to Keith. He pulled some good moves and made some classic tweets this spring, I don't even like tweets.

1st Place: Redacted. I'd accept on her behalf and speak to the trashfire that drove so much user content.

2nd Place: Art. He did kinda die, and bring everyone back.

Runners up: Bart Ell and Chefist!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 21, 2018, 01:02:39 PM
1st Place: Redacted. I'd accept on her behalf and speak to the trashfire that drove so much user content.

2nd Place: Art. He did kinda die, and bring everyone back.

Runners up: Bart Ell and Chefist!

I think in order to qualify the Bellgabber would have to have posted in the last year. Art would qualify but not redacted. I think maybe Hillary deleted her.  :-\

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 21, 2018, 01:07:47 PM
I think in order to qualify the Bellgabber would have to have posted in the last year. Art would qualify but not redacted. I think maybe Hillary deleted her.  :-\

I think Redacted's disownment of Bellgab automatically qualifies her, think of the lulz, especially if Dave announces it on air.

BellHop

What about DaveSchraeder? He made a big splash becoming the host of MITD.