• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

TheErinnF YouTube Star

Started by deviant aristocrat, April 15, 2019, 10:26:44 AM

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 06:08:49 PM
:-* :-*  It is too small a tribute for all you do, but I'm delighted you should notice it.

You are always too, too kind to me.  :-*

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 05:37:26 PM
Brig poem!

It is not true, you can't bargain with God --
Like any good old Jew He'll make a deal.
Amuse Him -- for a while He'll spare the rod.
But bore Him, and He'll bring it down for real.
It's for your sakes, with coffee, shrine, and troll
That I sit down each morning with my smokes
To see who cried, who whined, who bared their soul
As fodder for you fucks to make your jokes.
It's for our very lives on here I plead,
Like Abram for the cities of the plain
Before their hothouse flowers gone to seed
Bent plumy heads beneath the fiery rain,
For I account to Him whose praise I sing:
Please, somebody, do something interesting!
For those not Bard-like, what is the appropriate rhyme scheme for this. Unless a Limerick, AABBA,  I find my English lacking, likely to do with the fun/ribald things that can be done with AABBA and easy to remember, sing, chant, etc. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 20, 2019, 06:38:30 PM
For those not Bard-like, what is the appropriate rhyme scheme for this. Unless a Limerick, AABBA,  I find my English lacking, likely to do with the fun/ribald things that can be done with AABBA and easy to remember, sing, chant, etc.

Well this one is called Shakespearean, three quatrains of iambic pentameter in ABAB and a couplet and is probably the most familiar, but there are lots of ones that can still be called sonnets.  And even extra lines -- the last one I wrote had an extra quatrain to make a heroic sonnet.

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 06:44:13 PM
Well this one is called Shakespearean, three quatrains of iambic pentameter in ABAB and a couplet and is probably the most familiar, but there are lots of ones that can still be called sonnets.  And even extra lines -- the last one I wrote had an extra quatrain to make a heroic sonnet.
Can you make this into a footnote and send it to Jason?  Asking for Erinn.

K_Dubb

Quote from: whoozit on July 20, 2019, 06:47:10 PM
Can you make this into a footnote and send it to Jason?  Asking for Erinn.

Haha the best ones have so many allusions there's more text in the footnotes than in the poem.  He might like reading all of those.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 06:44:13 PM
So was bard-like! Simply the term "Quatrain" simply gives me a headache as I immediately recall C2C guests with regard to Nostradamus claims and explanations over the decades. I say go with Limericks rhyming schemes and such. Easy to sing, easy to rhyme, easy to add too, etc. Decades of rugby, fraternities, Irish drunks, school-boys, sailors, etc can't be wrong....

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 20, 2019, 06:55:22 PM
So was bard-like! Simply the term "Quatrain" simply gives me a headache as I immediately recall C2C guests with regard to Nostradamus claims and explanations over the decades. I say go with Limericks rhyming schemes and such. Easy to sing, easy to rhyme, easy to add too, etc. Decades of rugby, fraternities, Irish drunks, school-boys, sailors, etc can't be wrong....

Easier, sure, but that ignores the sonnet's potential as a rhetorical device.  I needn't remind you of The New Colossus and how often it is (mis)quoted -- the meter is really give Me your Tired, your Poor... and the turning point, or volta, which sets up the conclusion is actually "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" which I've always loved -- the "Keep" sets up the "give" in the next line, which makes it a far deeper argument than the usual excerpt would admit.  Good luck getting that in a limerick.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 07:07:39 PM
Easier, sure, but that ignores the sonnet's potential as a rhetorical device.  I needn't remind you of The New Colossus and how often it is (mis)quoted -- the meter is really give Me your Tired, your Poor... and the turning point, or volta, which sets up the conclusion is actually "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" which I've always loved.  Good luck getting that in a limerick.
That poem, written decades later by a possible marrano lineage, communist, and, -leftists might have trouble with this now- Zionist, has nothing to do with what the ideas of our Founding Fathers had or our actual Foundational documents, correspondence, or law. And, in some ways, are a detriment to the country considering that many consider it some kind of actual ethos or law of this land- despite being written many, many years later by a person of suspect motives. (This is not to denigrate her poetic prowess or fame.) Imagine how much easier: "There once was a man from Bombay, who USA went to stay...." "There once was a Mexican name Felipe, who swam across in his serape..." "Remember than old lady from Poland, who came across with no man...." it is endlessly better than Ms.Lazarus's poem and is more "inclusive."

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 20, 2019, 07:20:00 PM
That poem, written decades later by a possible marrano lineage, communist, and, -leftists might have trouble with this now- Zionist, has nothing to do with what the ideas of our Founding Fathers had or our actual Foundational documents, correspondence, or law. And, in some ways, are a detriment to the country considering that many consider it some kind of actual ethos or law of this land- despite being written many, many years later by a person of suspect motives. (This is not to denigrate her poetic prowess or fame.) Imagine how much easier: "There once was a man from Bombay, who USA went to stay...." "There once was a Mexican name Felipe, who swam across in his serape..." "Remember than old lady from Poland, who came across with no man...." it is endlessly better than Ms.Lazarus's poem and is more "inclusive."

Haha I knew that would set you off.  It is, bar none, the greatest American sonnet and that it is still a part of the political debate fills me with joy.  It's a powerful evocation of the national myth.

Since she neglected to address quotas and qualifications in the poem, I don't see how you can base current immigration policy on it -- are we examining people to make sure they are truly tired or appropriately huddled, or that they are yearning to breathe free instead of the same smelly third-world air they've been breathing all along?  That's how you would base policy on it

Though I am largely sympathetic, it makes me furious when people try to smear it as a work of art because of how it is being used by their opponents.  It's the same as tearing down a statue, and makes us look like rank philistines.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 07:30:40 PM
Haha I knew that would set you off.  It is, bar none, the greatest American sonnet and that it is still a part of the political debate fills me with joy.  It's a powerful evocation of the national myth.

Since she neglected to address quotas and qualifications in the poem, I don't see how you can base current immigration policy on it -- are we examining people to make sure they are truly tired or appropriately huddled, or that they are yearning to breathe free instead of the same smelly third-world air they've been breathing all along?
So you know my trigger. Haha. My national myth is better. Westward expansion. Fighting for your rights. The open road. Hard work. Mountain men. Indian wars. Miners. Oil and wildcatters. Fisherman and crabbers. Or later the good immigrants going to the prairies and making "a great desert" the breadbasket of the world. Screw the urban and undesirable types of immigrants who just bring disease, crime, financial manipulations and scheming, political volatility, and immorality.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on July 20, 2019, 05:36:57 PM
Interesting that even BG follows the "Pareto Principle", of a sort!
I had not even considered that- but it does appear to hold true. 80 percent of the thread dedicated to random topics, 20% to Erinn. 80% of the interesting posts from 20% of the users, 80% of my patience taxed by 20% of the youtube presenters...

I recall reading a little about it after a book by Dale Carnegie suggested that it is better to stop chasing clients if they don't purchase early (in relation to an insurance salesman who figured that almost all of his sales were made in the first three visits and it was almost pointless to continue past that.) Same general principal, but stated a little different.

K_Dubb

Much as I regret it, I am forced to take Shreddie's silence as tacit approval of my literary effort, since the compliments such a skillful handling of an artful conceit must have inspired would naturally have stuck in his throat.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 21, 2019, 01:02:18 PM
Much as I regret it, I am forced to take Shreddie's silence as tacit approval of my literary effort, since the compliments such a skillful handling of an artful conceit must have inspired would naturally have stuck in his throat.

I think somebody took your literary effort very seriously, and did, indeed do "something interesting".

https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=12689.0

#SewSayWeAll!
#PraiseMV!

Quote from: brig on July 20, 2019, 11:21:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAbmhEZLncc

I am really enjoying the conversation happening in this thread!  Believe me, I HATE to interrupt it with these Erinn YouTube updates, but I felt it was important to share that I actually missed this Erinn LIVE.

Does that mean anything important?

I got called creepy for the Martinez tour, Erinn got worried that I will film her house, then she feels better when someone lies and says I took it down. I am blocked there so I could not defend myself and say I never took it down.

Lilith

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on July 21, 2019, 01:29:13 PM
I got called creepy for the Martinez tour, Erinn got worried that I will film her house, then she feels better when someone lies and says I took it down. I am blocked there so I could not defend myself and say I never took it down.

I totally get it Rally Squirrel.  I refuse to post in her chats or comments section because of the beastly modding there.  Perhaps her paid BellGab Thread reviewer will get the truth to her for you.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 21, 2019, 01:02:18 PM
Much as I regret it, I am forced to take Shreddie's silence as tacit approval of my literary effort.

Either that or he didn't read it.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 21, 2019, 01:55:19 PM
Either that or he didn't read it.

Bah you can't help yourself!  Any more than you can resist properly locating yak butter in your geography.

jason.callan

It was hotter than hell outside filming this Yesterday.

https://youtu.be/8b2MhY-1w0w

whoozit

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on July 21, 2019, 01:29:13 PM
I’d it in a good word but my last interaction with her was like pouring gasoline on a fire.  I don’t know if I am blocked or not but would rather smash my testicles with a 5lb sledge hammer on an anvil instead of finding out.

Quote from: whoozit on July 21, 2019, 02:27:24 PM
I’d it in a good word but my last interaction with her was like pouring gasoline on a fire.  I don’t know if I am blocked or not but would rather smash my testicles with a 5lb sledge hammer on an anvil instead of finding out.

Thanks but no need.

I have been told by a few people that are friendly to her and I that she is actually afraid of me. She thinks that I will do things to her like I have done to Senda. I guess she must have a high opinion of herself, but she does not deserve that level of fun.

Lilith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh3CiVbvKWA

Erinn cannot find her bank accounts.

Come back to BellGab Erinn.  We know you need to.

whoozit

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on July 21, 2019, 02:46:56 PM
Thanks but no need.
I thank you and my testicles thank you in a non-gay way.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on July 21, 2019, 05:26:39 PM

You’re supposed to say no homo so you’re obviously gay.  ::)

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 21, 2019, 05:27:41 PM
You’re supposed to say no homo so you’re obviously gay.  ::)
So homo. :P

Erinn might be going live just to ask for donations because she needs $25 to get paid by YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnKKZV0Evug

Lilith

Quote from: Rally Squirrel on July 21, 2019, 07:15:29 PM
Erinn might be going live just to ask for donations because she needs $25 to get paid by YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnKKZV0Evug

Watching now.  Thanks!

She needs to have a yard sale at her storage locker.

Quote from: brig on July 21, 2019, 07:16:22 PM
Watching now.  Thanks!

She needs to have a yard sale at her storage locker.

She almost, but not quite, starts to cry in it.

Quote from: whoozit on July 21, 2019, 05:26:39 PM

NP, and it was less than a month ago she said this about me:

Quote from: FallenSeraph on June 25, 2019, 06:54:49 PM
He was 2 more calls away from a restraining order, my friend. As soon as I stopped taking his calls, he started calling my subs.

I'll stop now because I'm still sincerely your biggest YT fan.

And in the live she said she unsubscribed and never watches me.

I would wonder why if I were the type that gives a fuck, but I'm not so I don't. Besides it was probably when I said I was a fan of hers, especially when she cries and her voice gets all shaky.