• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150907 – Daivd Paulides - Strange Disappearances - Live Chat Thread

Started by AppealPlay, September 07, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

WOTR

I love Art... And put together with Paulides makes for a perfect evening.  G'night all.  It really is the 90's all over again.

Chilling show. Creepy idea, new horror movie script inbound. SPOILER: Jazmunda is the killer! ;)

Gassy Man

Great show, Art.

Excellent topic and interesting discussion. 

The guest was, at times, low energy, but the discussion stayed on track.

Nice calls and good questions.

Overall, an entertaining three hours.

trostol

good show..a few things i had not heard previously...i like him as a guest

Ned529

There is a very very dark undercurrent running through certain groups of squatters and homeless that camp in the national forest of southwestern appalachia i do know of , i was trying to get through and ask if any bizzare sites or camps had been found in western north carolina. But i guess i will wait till next time. Bwahahaha. Good night all.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Ned529 on September 08, 2015, 01:08:21 AM
There is a very very dark undercurrent running through certain groups of squatters and homeless that camp in the national forest of southwestern appalachia i do know of , i was trying to get through and ask if any bizzare sites or camps had been found in western north carolina. But i guess i will wait till next time. Bwahahaha. Good night all.

There's another great idea for a show.  The dark side of Appalachia.

Uncle Duke

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7327.msg416296.html#msg416296

Here's the link to the post by 'gabber who attended the search and rescue conference where Paulides gave his pitch.

Juan Cena

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 08, 2015, 01:10:16 AM
There's another great idea for a show.  The dark side of Appalachia.

Redneck anal probes are far scarier that alien anal probes.

jazmunda

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on September 08, 2015, 12:57:04 AM
Chilling show. Creepy idea, new horror movie script inbound. SPOILER: Jazmunda is the killer! ;)

That's the plot of every BellGab movie. I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

ArJuna

Art Bell

The one question I felt he avoided that got to me was, well we know how many visit National Parks and how many disappear how does that compare to the North America average. Has anybody else asked these things?

Art

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on September 08, 2015, 02:25:45 AM
The one question I felt he avoided that got to me was, well we know how many visit National Parks and how many disappear how does that compare to the North America average. Has anybody else asked these things?

Art
Possibly George Knapp may have asked that on one of his earlier interviews.

AppealPlay

Art

Good question.  I'm also curious what his personal beliefs are about the national park missing persons.  I know he doesn't want to be ridiculed as the guy who thinks Bigfoot is snatching people in the parks but surely he has at least a working theory.

Great interview, Art. :)

jazmunda

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 08, 2015, 02:30:30 AM
Good question.  I'm also curious what his personal beliefs are about the national park missing persons.  I know he doesn't want to be ridiculed as the guy who thinks Bigfoot is snatching people in the parks but surely he has at least a working theory.

Great interview, Art. :)

It really was a great interview.

I'm not sure he can give a working theory. There is very little physical evidence. It could really be anything up to and including the a portal powered by the angels controlling the soul munching machine on the darkside of the moon which is funded by those damn gay, republican gypsies.

I also respect his reason for not postulating theories. If he wants to continue investigating and having the families of victims speak to him then he has to be careful.

These type of stories really creep me out. More of this type Art. I think I say that about everything. Great job tonight.

Scully

Art, you really held his feet to the fire and squeezed him till he came through with as much as he was going to tonight.  You are the master.  Even George Knapp's interviews with Palides haven't been as gripping as tonight's. (And I love Knapp, too.)

Some in another group had moaned that this fellow was to be on yet another time, but I knew before the show started that it would combine the creepy crawly mysteriousness of these stories with your engaging interviewing tactics, and I was not surprised at all.  Maybe my favorite show so far, even though Palides always manages to give me the impression he's hiding more than just a personal theory.

Do it again another time.  Please!   ;D

ZomZom

Quote from: Pixel Ghost on September 07, 2015, 10:09:56 PM
I wonder if he knows any stories about those wood stairs that search and rescue guys find in the forests?  If anyone reads Reddit there's a frightening thread of stories about these.
This thread?  Reading it now.  Pretty creepy.

I'm through roughly the first hour of the archive.  Art and David have zero chemistry, and I found it odd that Art began by pointing out that he's done the paranormal talk show circuit.  An interesting subject but so far this interview is pretty dry.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 08, 2015, 01:11:12 AM
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7327.msg416296.html#msg416296

Here's the link to the post by 'gabber who attended the search and rescue conference where Paulides gave his pitch.
Yeah.  He didn't seem too enthusiastic about giving a presentation to that search group the caller mentioned, but the caller could have been someone with another agenda, you never know. 

CornyCrow

Art
I thought he said we don't know how many disappear, that he only captures a subset of the total disappearances from the parks. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: ZomZom on September 08, 2015, 06:04:16 AM
This thread?  Reading it now.  Pretty creepy.

I'm through roughly the first hour of the archive.  Art and David have zero chemistry, and I found it odd that Art began by pointing out that he's done the paranormal talk show circuit.  An interesting subject but so far this interview is pretty dry.
You must have listened to something other than did I.  I found it fascinating. 

Toward the end of the show there was a discussion speculating about the head of the parks being in the dark about what is happening but following orders from a higher source.  That brought to mind some talk about the government permitting a certain number of abductions in exchange for alien technology.  Just speculating, but if that were true, or if there is another reason that the gov. did not want to let out, maybe those green berets were really people there in a technical capacity for the gov?