• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

heater

The feeling you get when Art reads your wormhole message on air.

ziznak

has the term "wormholing" made it into the urban dictionary yet?  I could see an entry mentioning Art Bell... I could also imagine a few other entries tho.

example 1:  So I was wormholing this chick so hard last night.
example 2:  Whats your problem? did you get something stuck in your wormhole?

Kolchak

Quote from: jazmunda on September 04, 2015, 07:56:52 AM
Yep. The bio says it's a tribute account.

https://mobile.twitter.com/amazingrandi

A quick glance of that account would lead one to the impression it's a joke. There is a tweet at Richard Dawkins inviting him to "go slap some faithtards."

Randi is nothing if not well spoken. Even in his most heated exchanges (like confronting the grief vampire Rosemary Altea on Larry King) he's never just thrown ad hominem attacks like that.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Morgus on September 04, 2015, 12:54:19 AM
That one new ultra-religious caller the last few nights on Skype that Art thought sounded like he was related to JC, Art should dub "JC Jr." :D
That caller, called himself JC's "spirit" son.  I saw what he did there. ;D

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Kolchak on September 04, 2015, 09:37:51 AM
A quick glance of that account would lead one to the impression it's a joke. There is a tweet at Richard Dawkins inviting him to "go slap some faithtards."

Can't be real, but the mere thought of an 87 year old using a term like "faithtard" is very amusing.

onan

Just another fine example of social media.

chefist

Quote from: themudking on September 04, 2015, 08:18:14 AM

The feeling you get when Art reads your wormhole message on air.

I heard the name "Curtis" and thought that might be you!

ItsOver

Quote from: lonevoice on September 03, 2015, 10:08:35 PM
That's so sweet, ItsOver.  Thank you.

Carving pumpkins!

You're quite welcome, LV.  I thought you might be busy during my favorite time of the year. 

Skunk Ape

Oh no!
I actually like James Randi.
The documentary An Honest Liar is really good and is on Netflix now.

I can see how he'd have plenty to say about some of the guests though...

gabrielle

As an aside....Crystal's song is amazing.  The more I hear it....the more haunting it becomes and the more I like it.   What an amazing tune.

Thanks Art and thanks Crystal!

zeebo

Quote from: gabrielle on September 04, 2015, 02:24:52 PM
As an aside....Crystal's song is amazing.  The more I hear it....the more haunting it becomes and the more I like it.   What an amazing tune. ...

Agree.  It's a perfect closing song for the show.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: gabrielle on September 04, 2015, 02:24:52 PM
As an aside....Crystal's song is amazing.  The more I hear it....the more haunting it becomes and the more I like it.   What an amazing tune.

Thanks Art and thanks Crystal!

It is the perfect song to close the show. Plus it sets me up for Hoagland's cool sci-fi music intro.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 04, 2015, 02:52:10 PM
It is the perfect song to close the show. Plus it sets me up for Hoagland's cool sci-fi music intro.
I always feel as if I've strapped into a starship for a voyage to Hoagie's crazy Forbidden Planet when his intro rolls.  8)

popple

Ready for this ride!  8)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: chefist on September 04, 2015, 10:55:15 AM

Yep had the same thought ..
Wondered if it was the Fabulous MudKing wormholing Art.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ItsOver on September 04, 2015, 03:03:32 PM
I always feel as if I've strapped into a starship for a voyage to Hoagie's crazy Forbidden Planet when his intro rolls.  8)

Yeah... Hoagie is a lot better than I thought he'd be.
Another example of Art's genius to pick Hoagie for the follow up show.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: popple on September 04, 2015, 03:19:20 PM
Ready for this ride!  8)

Should be GREAT!  Hope live chat thread gets back up to 'standards' of old SMX shows, with more entertaining characters participating.

I can't pick a fight with that ozzie wanker every night for my amusement.

(Smiley face kisses and hugs for Jaz)

starrmtn001

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 04, 2015, 03:36:32 PM
Should be GREAT!  Hope live chat thread gets back up to 'standards' of old SMX shows, with more entertaining characters participating.

I can't pick a fight with that ozzie wanker every night for my amusement.

(Smiley face kisses and hugs for Jaz)
Hey WhiteCrow, I may be able to hang in there for a couple of rounds with ya, if it's for entertainment purposes only. ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on September 04, 2015, 03:03:32 PM

Hoag's intro sets the perfect mood, it just fits him. Man, Madman Markum on with Art tonight. That's going to be like time traveling.

Art Bell

Haha, well it looked like the real Randi, even the email looked real and he took a shot at me first. Anyway people are right, I guess I don't know how to use Twitter. That said, I don't like either one of the so called amazing's.

Art

BellBoy

Quote from: Art Bell on September 04, 2015, 03:55:22 PM
Haha, well it looked like the real Randi, even the email looked real and he took a shot at me first. Anyway people are right, I guess I don't know how to use Twitter. That said, I don't like either one of the so called amazing's.

Art

Ha! Brilliant! I'd still love to see him (the "real" Randi) on your show. "Ding! Ding! Ding!" "In this corner, weighing in at..."

(You have to admit that it would be GREAT radio)

starrmtn001

Art
Oh, poop on Randi.  Ok, I'm done. ;D

jazmunda

Art

Was that a reference to Kreskin? I remember listening to that show live when you booted him off the air for that stunt he pulled. It's 17 years late but kudos for doing that. This is how fraud and hucksters should be treated.

Art Bell

That's correct, I did boot Kreskin, I corrected the mistake on Twitter, but this troll made a Nasty remark about me, not even the real Randi. Ho hum. The real Randi has also come after me and most everybody in the field.

Art

chefist

Art

LOL...no worries, Art. It actually probably gave you more exposure than just ignoring it!  ;D

I did support Randi in his efforts to stop charlatans from victimizing the uneducated, grieving and gullible...for that he deserves credit...but going after folks for just believing in aliens or bigfoot was too much...also, wasting the time of universities to prove a point about magic versus education was over the top...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on September 04, 2015, 04:34:06 PM
LOL...no worries, Art. It actually probably gave you more exposure than just ignoring it!  ;D

I did support Randi in his efforts to stop charlatans from victimizing the uneducated, grieving and gullible...for that he deserves credit...but going after folks for just believing in aliens or bigfoot was too much...also, wasting the time of universities to prove a point about magic versus education was over the top...

This. There's skeptical and then there's making your living by being a skeptic.

BettyO417

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 04, 2015, 02:52:40 PM
https://twitter.com/ArtBell51/status/639903235516469248

This is going to be something.

Can't help it but it's interviews like this that will make a girl moist. 🙆Good God I hate the word "moist" but I can't hold back!!!. Art Bell interviewing Madman Markum, tonight's the night baby!

heater

Quote from: chefist on September 04, 2015, 10:55:15 AM

Hearing it a second time today was worth the price of admission for being a time traveler!

If interested in hearing more of the time I was nearly attacked by a werewolf-like creature listen to the Spec Sheet episode with guest Jim Harold.  I believe I brought it up during that show.