• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150904 - Madman Marcum - Time Travel - Live Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 04, 2015, 10:01:43 PM

The crazy thing is I actually believe this. Mel turned into bullshit pretty quickly but really fun charming bullshit. But I'm actually buying a lot of this story.

MABUSE

I prefer the blue alien girls.   8)

The only illegal aliens I'll support!

Plus one!
**M**

maren

Quote from: henge0stone on September 04, 2015, 11:13:26 PM
haha, the first part of the story I think was totally legit. He stole equipment and went to jail and it was even in the paper. All the rest is BS.

I'm not convinced about Part Deux yet, but I agree the first part was legit.  His delivery sounds different in the telling of the the experience -- less sure, a little nervous?  Could be reading into it because as much as I believe it can be achieved somehow, just not sure it's happened yet. 

WOTR

Quote from: jazmunda on September 04, 2015, 11:15:10 PM
I used up my quota of Wormhole time Squeeing.
Man, there is a smile on my fact tonight.  One of those stories where complete truthfulness just does not matter in the least.

Are we going to be treated to a call from Australia if Art opens the lines tonight?

Juan Cena

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 04, 2015, 11:12:52 PM
THIS IS RIVALING MEL'S HOLE AS THE BEST STORY IN BELL HISTORY.

I'M TYPING IN CAPS TO EXPRESS HOW CEREAL I AM.

IT'S A TRIX!

ziznak

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 04, 2015, 11:18:58 PM
The crazy thing is I actually believe this. Mel turned into bullshit pretty quickly but really fun charming bullshit. But I'm actually buying a lot of this story.
you smoked dat plant in yer closet damnit quimby

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: WOTR on September 04, 2015, 11:19:38 PM
Man, there is a smile on my fact tonight.  One of those stories where complete truthfulness just does not matter in the least.

Are we going to be treated to a call from Australia if Art opens the lines tonight?

Seconded. You haven't made an appearance in a while Jaz.

WOTR

Quote from: maren on September 04, 2015, 11:19:08 PM
I'm not convinced about Part Deux yet, but I agree the first part was legit.  His delivery sounds different in the telling of the the experience -- less sure, a little nervous?  Could be reading into it because as much as I believe it can be achieved somehow, just not sure it's happened yet.
He had said that he was fearless back when and that the trip changed his brain... Seems plausible that if you scramble your brain in time travel that you may not be the same person.  If anything, this adds credibility.  8)

ziznak

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 04, 2015, 11:21:06 PM
Seconded. You haven't made an appearance in a while Jaz.
jaz calls and art bell quits dont jinx it!

Quote from: ziznak on September 04, 2015, 11:20:37 PM
you smoked dat plant in yer closet damnit quimby

Every day.   ;D

But this story lines up with Art Bell history perfectly. I remember most of this and I remember Art perplexed for years wondering where Mad Man went and not even a whisper from him. Granted I'm sure it's easy to disappear from a talk show but the story is so good and lines up with so much Bellology.

jazmunda

Quote from: WOTR on September 04, 2015, 11:19:38 PM

I don't really have a question for him. I'd love to call in and say thanks to Art and Mad Man for the story (and the legacy of the story over the years) and the entertainment but that doesn't really add anything to the show. I think I'll pass.

Hautex

curse the power of Vicodin!!!! Night all, thank God I'm a time traveler, this is an ultimate keeper!!!

ziznak

i think marcum took a trip... but not through time.  take enough shit and you could end up 800 miles away 3 years later and not know what the FUCK happened.

MABUSE

maren

Why save up and grab a Greyhound?  Why not just call a friend/family?

Juan Cena

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 04, 2015, 11:18:07 PM
this man needs to get TESLA tattooed on his ass.

That's an odd band to get tattoed on your butt there.

jazmunda

Perhaps the landlord cleared out the place because he defaulted on the lease because he didn't pay the rent.

=Schlyder=

doesn't remember landlord's name?   Can't he make inquiries to find out?  story is really falling apart.

maren

Not sure why he would want to do it again -- what did he gain?  Nothing.  Just lost a couple of years and is basically hiding out now?

Quote from: Schlyder7 on September 04, 2015, 11:25:16 PM
doesn't remember landlord's name?   Can't he make inquiries to find out?  story is really falling apart.

Yeah I'm wondering why he can't find anyone to help him from his past. This story would go worldwide if he had a few people to back this up. Call up George Knapp and the possibilities would be endless.

Quote from: Schlyder7 on September 04, 2015, 11:25:16 PM

Yeah you can find property records.

J. Neil Schulman is the property owner I bet!