• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

136 or 142

The Epoch Times is an excellent weekly.  They mainly focus on straight news and frequently post items that have been overlooked by the mainstream media. 

They do report a few science stories a week and, while they do often focus on so-called 'new age' stuff, they only report on credible research findings.

136 or 142

After repeatedly saying "the point being", I don't believe Quayle actually ever got to the point a single time.

wr250

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 11, 2015, 07:54:54 PM
After repeatedly saying "the point being", I don't believe Quayle actually ever got to the point a single time.

i wonder who would win, hogue vs quayle...

zeebo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 11, 2015, 10:38:00 AM
....Wow does Quayle not like being challenged at all. ....

Agreed, he's one of these types that thinks he's got it all figured out and his job is to talk and ours is to listen and only speak up to praise his genius insights. 

Quote from: zeebo on January 12, 2015, 12:51:37 AM
Agreed, he's one of these types that thinks he's got it all figured out and his job is to talk and ours is to listen and only speak up to praise his genius insights.

He's got the same narrative he brings to every show. Starts out with a giant or two, possibly red-headed, and then gold being horded by globalists (also possibly red-headed)...then maybe some ebola or radioactive dust bunnies. Then in the final 90 minutes he opens up with the bible stuff. I think if he doesn't do it, it's a disappointment to everyone in the audience. Like an Ellen show where Ellen doesn't dance.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on January 12, 2015, 12:51:37 AM

YEP!   ;)

Quayle has all sorts of go to phrases but the one that grates on me the most is 'people have got to understand.'  I stopped listening to C2C probably over a decade ago after hearing him say that repeatedly. Several years later I picked it back up and the first thing I heard was Quayle's voice.  I instantly knew what to expect and sure enough...  It was like time had stood still all those years and it still is.  Same old claptrap.  Don't tell me what I have to understand.  'People have got to understand' is code for 'I didn't research this so I'm just going to make BS up about what I think people understand.'

I copied down some examples from Saturday:

”What people have got to understand is there's a difference between a liability and an asset."

"The point that people have got to recognize is that gold is tangible.  Okay?"

"It's pretty hard to get people to understand what a quadrillion is."

"This is really important for people to understand... Bank A can take 100 percent of a depositor's money."

"Most people have got to understand the metric system as it applies to gold."

"What people don't understand is whether they like gold or not, it's going to end up with the people who rule the world."

"People just don't get it.  They say 'you can't eat gold.'"

"This is the thing that people have got to understand.  As governments run up debts, the people who are being paid in the currency of the government are losing purchasing power."

"This is something that is critical for people to understand.  You have gold in a repository... gold is pledged a certain number of times... tangible gold in your hands is what you need to barter."

"A lot of people don't understand this... there are people stirring up the crap.  When the worst case scenario comes down, you can get anything you want if you have tangible currency or gold and that is what people have got to understand."

"People need to learn to trust God."

Of course, I had to eliminate about a paragraph from each statement as he got to his point.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 12, 2015, 11:27:07 PM
..."Most people have got to understand the metric system as it applies to gold."...

Haha I missed this one.  Maybe I'll try ordering a cubic centimeter of gold.

Quote from: zeebo on January 13, 2015, 12:15:28 AM
Haha I missed this one.  Maybe I'll try ordering a cubic centimeter of gold.

People have got to understand that a cubic centimeter of gold is equivalent to a mililitre of gold, but only when it's liquid gold because otherwise it would be silly  :D .

WildCard

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on November 18, 2014, 01:35:18 AM
[attachimg=1]Heilsa,All!
I'm new to bull-gab(c)after looking around for mr.Syrett's gossip.
I've been looking at other threads for months,but i want to actually enter the thread here for another reason.
I would like to post on in to-morrow's entries,because i'm up against the clock and turn to an organic pumpkin just before midnight.
My intent,here,is to try and ameliorate the apparent criticsm of mr.miller.
To start,I suggest you critics consider looking at his books.
Also,if you really think poorly of him,why not attend an lecture he's giveing with an open mind.
I will say,here,that i made mr.miller's aquaintance many years ago,when he was freshly minted from the east coast schools.
I've dealt with him face-to-face occasionally since then.
I'm not going to damn him with feint praise,but,if you critics want to post specific questions about his general knowlege,not minutae of his c.v. in this thread,i'll try to answer them as best i can.
No kidding.
I'm not familiar with the subtlety of posting here,so bear with me.

Heilsa, B_B!
I sincerely apologize for my impertinence.
In my defense, I really don't understand ANY of it.

I'll try to be more specific - what are you talking about?

zeebo

Syrett double-header this weekend.  Don't know how I feel about this.  He's tolerable, but when he talks I can't help imagining he's some kind of woodland gnome sitting on a toadstool. 

Anyway, gonna give a listen, since topics sound kinda cool.  Tonite's show:  Future Smart.  Sunday's show:  Nature of Reality.

bateman

Quote from: zeebo on February 07, 2015, 10:52:38 PM
Syrett double-header this weekend.  Don't know how I feel about this.  He's tolerable, but when he talks I can't help imagining he's some kind of woodland gnome sitting on a toadstool. 

Anyway, gonna give a listen, since topics sound kinda cool.  Tonite's show:  Future Smart.  Sunday's show:  Nature of Reality.

Might be the funniest thing I've read on this site all week, and there have been some gems.

None of these guest hosts are equal to even one of the oily pimples hiding out like Sasquatches under Jorch's furry fuckin' ass hair.

They are not fit to carry the sweat-stained jockstrap he once forced Tommy to eat.

These pretenders-to-the-throne may think they've got the woeful ignorance it takes to make us laugh.

Think again, Einsteins.

Or, rather, don't think again -- because that's a big part of your problem.

coaster

I don't have a problem with Syrett. He actually listens to his guests. I enjoy it.

pate

Penis Syringe slipped me the dong!

Does that count as a roofie?

{avatar/off} half drunkenly half enjoying this show and guest host {avatar|

pate

Excellent Willie song, Rich!

God love ya!

(better than a southern "God bless yer soul...")

My heros have always been Cowboys.

Rich Singe(sp), you are an ARTisht!  YOU 'get it"

to bad my quote pinky don't, I salute you sir.

And again iffin' ya missed it the first time through:

God love ya'!

pate

It's offeeshul PremRat:  Art says no Art on thanks cast, meow to emplunks:

Doan say Art, we have threatening letter that has teeth.  No polite anymore thrush irsh bidness!

Ian has ironclad contrakt too!  BeeWQarZies!  And mynd the WPQc's!

cweb

Had to spend a little time up in the Great White North recently, and caught Syrett's TV show.

Maybe it was the delicious Canadian beer or my intense boredom, but I enjoyed it. Probably 15 minutes worth of show surrounded by commercial breaks, but Syrett did a good job.

I like him. He may be a little low-key or relaxed-sounding for some, but he does listen to the guest and tries to think of questions beyond the ol' 3x5.

zeebo

Pretty good show last nite.  I liked that Syrett brought up the idea of floating habitats on Venus.  Pretty far out idea I hadn't heard of before. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on February 08, 2015, 01:38:08 PM
Pretty good show last nite.  I liked that Syrett brought up the idea of floating habitats on Venus.  Pretty far out idea I hadn't heard of before.

I like Syrett.......he seems a little nervous during the introduction, but settles down and does a good job.  Sooooo much better than Noory!!!!   ;D

Quote from: zeebo on February 08, 2015, 01:38:08 PM

I saw this presented as a serious proposal in the science news at one of the major news outlets the other day.  It might have even been something NASA was considering -- I can't remember.  The guest on C2C said it was an old idea, but I hadn't heard it before either.  Maybe he was just thinking of old science fiction with cities in the clouds or the idea of using balloons as sub-orbital Earth satellites.

Here's a link to an article about it:
http://spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/space-flight/nasa-study-proposes-airships-cloud-cities-for-venus-exploration

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 08, 2015, 06:56:18 PM
I saw this presented as a serious proposal in the science news at one of the major news outlets the other day.  It might have even been something NASA was considering -- I can't remember.  The guest on C2C said it was an old idea, but I hadn't heard it before either.  Maybe he was just thinking of old science fiction with cities in the clouds or the idea of using balloons as sub-orbital Earth satellites.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/space-flight/nasa-study-proposes-airships-cloud-cities-for-venus-exploration
http://www.cnn.com/videos/tech/2014/12/20/nasa-havoc-venus.nasa-langley-research-cente
I'm glad we are thinking of neat new approaches. I know, according to C2C guests, that the unmanned (and JPL!) are the hot items but I still think we need people to go places. This would motivate for increased funding and also help interest children in science and math (maybe.) Real space exploration (even going to the moon again!) is more exciting than a video game (I hope.)

No affiliates in California yet, so no Richard Syrett for me.
There is some story on his website about the Pentagon trying to monitor social activism and I clicked on the link, dead link.

http://www.richardsyrett.com/

About tonight's first segment:

WHY THE FUCK isn't this psychiatrist, Dr. Peter Breggin, busy analyzing Jorch Noory?

Jorch has Psychopathic Walking-Talking Moron Syndrome.  He's uncontrollably stupid and loves it when bad stuff happens to children.

For god's sake, Doctor . . .  shrink-shrank-shrunk something.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 08, 2015, 06:56:18 PM
I saw this presented as a serious proposal in the science news at one of the major news outlets the other day....

Very cool, thanks for the link.  It reminds me of some speculative show I saw on possible alien species.  One idea was a kind of floating critter that could live on such hostile planets, up in the atmosphere.  Perhaps as we cruise along in our Venusian airships we'd see little alien balloon animals following us, the way dolphins pace boats in the ocean sometimes.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on February 08, 2015, 03:37:45 PM
I like Syrett.......he seems a little nervous during the introduction, but settles down and does a good job.  Sooooo much better than Noory!!!!   ;D

Correct.  His handling of the guest he has on right now, Jim Elvidge, is a good example.  This guy's talking about some pretty heady stuff - the nature of reality, rules of our universe, perception and simulation, etc.  Syrett, in spite of his gnome-like dialect, is doing well keeping up with the concepts, and even bringing in some good references to the topics (e.g. the Fermi Paradox, the Observer Effect).

Noory would be completely hopeless with a guest like this.  Asking useless questions like "Will we ever find out the truth?" and "Isn't this universe amazing?" and "How did you get involved in all this reality stuff?"  It would be a complete embarrassment and waste of a throught-provoking guest.

Quote from: zeebo on February 09, 2015, 01:54:53 AM
Correct.  His handling of the guest he has on right now, Jim Elvidge, is a good example.  This guy's talking about some pretty heady stuff - the nature of reality, rules of our universe, perception and simulation, etc.  Syrett, in spite of his gnome-like dialect, is doing well keeping up with the concepts, and even bringing in some good references to the topics (e.g. the Fermi Paradox).

Noory would be completely hopeless with a guest like this.  Asking useless questions like "Will we ever find out the truth?" and "Isn't this universe amazing?" and "How did you get involved in all this reality stuff?"  It would be a complete embarrassment and waste of a throught-provoking guest.

"I never understood the big bang"
"What if Einstein had a computer?"
"I always ask scientists this.  Do you believe in God?"
"I find space fascinating, I really do."

Abysmal.

Quote from: zeebo on February 09, 2015, 01:19:06 AM
Very cool, thanks for the link.  It reminds me of some speculative show I saw on possible alien species.  One idea was a kind of floating critter that could live on such hostile planets, up in the atmosphere.  Perhaps as we cruise along in our Venusian airships we'd see little alien balloon animals following us, the way dolphins pace boats in the ocean sometimes.

I think Carl Sagan imagined creatures like that in Jupiter's atmosphere or somewhere, but why not Venus  ;D.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 09, 2015, 02:02:52 AM

"I find space fascinating, I really do."

Space finds Jorch fascinating too.

It put so much of itself in his skull.

coaster

Quote from: zeebo on February 09, 2015, 01:54:53 AM

Noory would be completely hopeless with a guest like this.
Good point.