• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

ge30542

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 10:59:16 PM
Old time hockey. Haha. People forget the days of bench-clearing brawls. Sorry my Caps didnt win but my Stars did.
Old time Hockey.
Remember the contrast between the pure white ice, and the pints of crimson red blood on it?
One more thought on the gay thing. Did you guys hear about the 4 gay guys who assaulted that woman in L.A.?
3 held her down and one did her hair.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 10:59:16 PM
Old time hockey. Haha. People forget the days of bench-clearing brawls. Sorry my Caps didnt win but my Stars did.

Yes, but these 7 guys all had different penalty times. I wish I could have seen the game. Usually when there are bench clearing brawls, at least a couple of guys get game majors and go to the locker room.

ge30542

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 08:15:22 PM
why blacks can sing about and call each other n*gger all day long but if some old white guy at a counter called a "youth" that there would be lawsuits and riots. It is all about context and the SJWs and Cultural Marxists expressly are using political correctness and lack-of-contextual awareness to stifle speech and free-thought and advance their agendas. Nothing, not even sports, can be about anything except advancing some political or sexual agenda.
School libraries are banning Mark Twain's Huck Finn due to the N word.
Think if Mel Brooks made Blazing Saddles today.
Would he include the lines "up yours N" or "the sherrif is a N".
I'd love to ask him that question.

akwilly

Quote from: ge30542 on April 21, 2016, 12:29:24 AM
School libraries are banning Mark Twain's Huck Finn due to the N word.
Think if Mel Brooks made Blazing Saddles today.
Would he include the lines "up yours N" or "the sherrif is a N".
I'd love to ask him that question.
Samuel L Jackson would be unemployed.

I am loving the Panthers. In them I see the dawn of a new Blackhawks team while the Blackhawks are in their twilight. Dale Tallon is the most underrated GM of this generation.

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on April 21, 2016, 12:55:59 AM
Samuel L Jackson would be unemployed.
And no Tarantino movies.
Go Caps!
Go Stars!

akwilly

Damn I hope the redwings can extend the series. They seem to genuinely dislike each other and games 1 and 2 were my favorites of the playoffs so far

Ms. C

Quote from: akwilly on April 21, 2016, 04:40:48 PM
Damn I hope the redwings can extend the series. They seem to genuinely dislike each other and games 1 and 2 were my favorites of the playoffs so far
+ 1,000,000

10 minutes till showtime .... my nerves are frayed already

GO WINGS!

akwilly

What happens to all the hats that get tossed on the ice after a hat trick? Can a guy get his back?

This finals of the Champion of Champions league is stressful...

Quote from: akwilly on April 21, 2016, 05:37:47 PM
What happens to all the hats that get tossed on the ice after a hat trick? Can a guy get his back?

As this Puck Daddy article (Hockey mystery: What happens to hats thrown for hat tricks?) states, it varies with each arena/team. The 3 main things are 1) the player gets them 2) they are thrown away (except the newer looking ones, in most cases) and 3) they are donated to charity.

https://www.quora.com/National-Hockey-League-What-happens-to-your-hat-when-you-throw-it-on-the-ice-to-celebrate-a-hat-trick

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Hockey-mystery-What-happens-to-hats-thrown-for-?urn=nhl,167824

akwilly

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 21, 2016, 05:56:15 PM
I can't imagine!

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 21, 2016, 05:56:15 PM
Good luck!

Quote from: akwilly on April 21, 2016, 06:02:24 PM
how much longer does the contest run?

Today is the finals. I've been playing in a keeper league with all Canadians and destroyed all of them in the name of Freedom this year. Then I qualified for Champion of Champions and was in the top 10% each round out of the original 18,000 something that qualified. Now it's down to the last 1,800 with 100 people getting prizes with the finals being today.

Champion of Champions is a Daily Fantasy format which I've never played before but it's suuupppeerrrr addicting.

Someday, I'll write the story of my brilliant two year Machiavellian path to winning the title this year but this place is going to have to be renamed NerdGab first.

I'm also kicking myself for not naming this thread "VoteQuimby Presents The NHL On BellGab" since everyone is getting proprieteary around here.  :P

akwilly

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 21, 2016, 06:10:55 PM
Today is the finals. I've been playing in a keeper league with all Canadians and destroyed all of them in the name of Freedom this year. Then I qualified for Champion of Champions and was in the top 10% each round out of the original 18,000 something that qualified. Now it's down to the last 1,800 with 100 people getting prizes with the finals being today.

Champion of Champions is a Daily Fantasy format which I've never played before but it's suuupppeerrrr addicting.

Someday, I'll write the story of my brilliant two year Machiavellian path to winning the title this year but this place is going to have to be renamed NerdGab first.

I'm also kicking myself for not naming this thread "VoteQuimby Presents The NHL On BellGab" since everyone is getting proprieteary around here.  :P
shit I can't wait to hear how you end up. Keep us informed!

ge30542

C'mon boys. No need to go to Chicago for a game 6.
Let's end it tonight.
Let's Go Blues!

akwilly

Quote from: ge30542 on April 21, 2016, 07:55:53 PM
C'mon boys. No need to go to Chicago for a game 6.
Let's end it tonight.
Let's Go Blues!
I got no dog in the fight but I am always rooting for a game 7. Go hawks!

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on April 21, 2016, 07:57:01 PM
I got no dog in the fight but I am always rooting for a game 7. Go hawks!
Overtime in a game 7.
Not now though, Blues need to end this tonight.
Although I don't believe the Hawks WILL win 3 in a row.
Blues will treat the home fans tonight.

Quote from: akwilly on April 21, 2016, 06:56:37 PM
shit I can't wait to hear how you end up. Keep us informed!

Ha, it's not going too well. I was expecting the TB/Det game to be more high scoring. You'd think with the Lightning's offense and Datsyuk's last game that would have been a little more lively but guess not.  8) Oh well, hopefully Chi/StL will be a laugher.

Taco Bell

Hawks next level, achieved.

ge30542

Taco Bell

How the fuck do you drop a 3-1 lead?

Taco Bell

Quote from: ge30542 on April 21, 2016, 10:06:14 PM
Blues next level, achieved.

Fuck them with an AIDS covered stick.

ge30542

Blues OT is to fuckin intense for me to handle easily.

Taco Bell

Hope that fat fuck of a coach in STL drops of a heart attack.

Yes. I dislike fat people. Deal with it. I pay for them to be fat piles of shit. Everyone of them. Lose some fucking weight.

akwilly

Damn what a freaking game