• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Alejandro's Thread

Started by alejandro, November 26, 2011, 07:38:27 AM

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 02, 2011, 06:22:36 PM
The man in your avatar looks like someone is squeezing his nuts and he is trying to be tough, and why would you die in a glass jar? Grammar check alejandro, please.

me thinks he means dis:

dontcha jus love visuals?  8)

WOTR

The man in your avatar looks like someone is squeezing his nuts and he is trying to be tough, and why would you die in a glass jar? Grammar check alejandro, please.
Would you believe after reading that 5 times I just gave up and decided passing away in a glass jar must be code for something and moved on?  Thanks for cluing me in to the meaning.  Reminds me of the panda that eats, shoots and leaves.

I do like visuals and feel compelled to add one.

Frys Girl

Quote from: WOTR on December 03, 2011, 06:02:39 AM
Would you believe after reading that 5 times I just gave up and decided passing away in a glass jar must be code for something and moved on?  Thanks for cluing me in to the meaning.  Reminds me of the panda that eats, shoots and leaves.

This is funny and all, but it really points out the danger of dangling modifiers.

Lovely Bones

and why would you die in a glass jar?

I knew there was a reason I liked you other than your gun.  I thought I was the only one bothered by dangling modifiers. 

The General

"dangling modifiers" indeed.
With Alejandro, it always seems to come back to something dangling. 

BobGrau

Quote from: WOTR on December 03, 2011, 06:02:39 AM

If you zoom in on the lid of the jar, you can see an alien mining colony powered by lost souls.

Avi

Quote from: BobGrau on December 03, 2011, 12:56:57 PM
If you zoom in on the lid of the jar, you can see an alien mining colony powered by lost souls.

Bob Grau scores again!

alejandro

It takes a certain level of genius to write sentences that encourage a response as yours, and it takes a certain level of moronity to not comprehend them and start a grammar troll tirade which is then joined by a bunch of simpleminds.

b_dubb

Danny Trejo isn't to be trifled with. I think we should say we are sorry to 'Alejandro'. Just don't look him in the balls. It will only make him hostile and constipated

Frys Girl

Quote from: alejandro on December 05, 2011, 06:14:50 PM
It takes a certain level of genius to write sentences that encourage a response as yours, and it takes a certain level of moronity to not comprehend them and start a grammar troll tirade which is then joined by a bunch of simpleminds.
You remind me of the comic book store guy from "The Simpsons."

coaster

Quote from: alejandro on November 30, 2011, 12:56:55 PM

hi guys! here's one of the weird pictures from NASA taken directly from their website. It shows some kind of pipe/pole/tube on the hill in the background
whats so strange about a lens flare?

Frys Girl

Quote from: coaster on December 08, 2011, 05:16:48 PM
whats so strange about a lens flare?
Your avatar.... Gets me everytime lol

alejandro

Visible Proof That Oswald Was Innocent

from the article:
QuoteIt's not the same shirt, so it's not the same man. There is no way that Lovelady could be the Doorway Man.

Do you realize what this means? It means that the Doorway Man was Oswald- unless they can come up with another Texas Schoolbook Depository employee who happened to look like him. And it means that Oswald could not have been on the 6th floor firing at Kennedy.

http://lewrockwell.com/orig11/cinque8.1.1.html

Vatar

+ 5 points for all the fumbling noise on the microphone.

b_dubb

thanks for figuring this out for us. now I can sleep at night

Frys Girl

Newt is shady, no doubt. He's a lizard man for sure.

analog kid

He said something along the lines of his current candidacy being of an importance the likes of which only occurs once every century, and compared himself to Lincoln.

"frankly."

Frys Girl

Quote from: analog kid on December 13, 2011, 04:38:37 PM
He said something along the lines of his current candidacy being of an importance the likes of which only occurs once every century, and compared himself to Lincoln.

"frankly."
How the hell did he come back though? The only think I like about Newt's asshole-ness is when he goes up against Obama. I'd love to see that, two assholes versus one another.

b_dubb

Newt is a monster but somehow people aren't savvy enough to see it

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on December 13, 2011, 07:22:28 PM
Newt is a monster but somehow people aren't savvy enough to see it
Only the dimmest, reactionary, bloodthirsty shut-ins devoid of common sense have any affinity for pigman Gingrich.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of them in the GOP these days.

I must have a tiny amount of a few of the traits that Eddie listed, because I admit to a smidgen of affinity for ole Newt.  Shades of grey, folks.

Setting policy and governance opinions on Gingrich aside, if he and Obama went toe to toe in a debate on the issues, it would be a bloodletting on the order of Cheney-Edwards 2004.  For all his cronyism and inside politics, Newt knows the Washington machine better than all but a handful of politicians.  He's unstable and capricious, but when focused, he is formidable. 

Obama?  C'mon now.  The single factor that most starkly separates Obama from Gingrich is context - Obama lacks it, and Gingrich has it many times over.  By context, I mean that Obama can mention an issue, how important it is, mention it again, remind us how important...etc.  Like him or hate him, Gingrich is adept at placing an issue in historical context, identifying the forces operating on the issue at the time, and commenting how it is relevant to modern policy.  This is the academic in him.  Having to explain complex things to college students over and over and over again has probably given him a very useful skill in politics.  Obama's weakness is inexperience, and if Newt can go into his "professor mode" at a controlled pace, he really would make Obama look profoundly silly.  Hell, didn't he even challenge Obama to a debate WITH teleprompter? 

Don't misunderstand me, however.  Although I enjoy listening to Gingrich, because he sometimes has insightful things to say, he isn't my choice for the GOP nomination because he's too risky.  He still has too much of an uncontrolled academic style, and we academics are used to autonomy and shooting from the hip.  When you have tenure and say something stupid, people just laugh at you.  When you are running for president and say something stupid, you lose. :) 

tl;dr: When you have a weak and vulnerable sitting president, you go with the safer opposition, and that's Romney.  It may seem paradoxical, but strategically, IMO Newt would be a better opponent if Obama was popular.

b_dubb

Obama would make him look like the fool he is

Vatar

Quote from: b_dubb on December 13, 2011, 08:39:46 PM
Obama would make him look like the fool he is

Obama's speech writers would make him look like the fool he is.*

(There I fixed it for you :D)

Even pundits who loathe Gingrich say that a debate between him and Obama would be a laughable rout. It's funny to call Newt an asshole, fat, a monster, or whatever, but it doesn't change the fact that people on the inside say two things: 1) he's an incredibly smart man who can make you look stupid when you least expect it; and 2) he has some traits that they wouldn't want to see in the White House.

In a debate, I think #1 would win out, and obama couldn't exploit #2 at all.  What's he going to do, cite his own accomplishments?  I can practically hear the laughter in the debate audience!

Don't take this as mocking you, b_dubb, but I'm curious why you think Obama would prevail over Newt in a debate. Let's not react to Newt emotionally.  Skill against skill, you think Obama could take him?

btw, this question goes for others who commented as well (eddie, vatar, analog, the Spanish testicle oracle, and femme de frys.)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on December 13, 2011, 10:59:57 PM
Even pundits who loathe Gingrich say that a debate between him and Obama would be a laughable rout. It's funny to call Newt an asshole, fat, a monster, or whatever, but it doesn't change the fact that people on the inside say two things: 1) he's an incredibly smart man who can make you look stupid when you least expect it; and 2) he has some traits that they wouldn't want to see in the White House.

In a debate, I think #1 would win out, and obama couldn't exploit #2 at all.  What's he going to do, cite his own accomplishments?  I can practically hear the laughter in the debate audience!

Don't take this as mocking you, b_dubb, but I'm curious why you think Obama would prevail over Newt in a debate. Let's not react to Newt emotionally.  Skill against skill, you think Obama could take him?

btw, this question goes for others who commented as well (eddie, vatar, analog, the Spanish testicle oracle, and femme de frys.)

When it comes to a debate...probably a draw. It would be similar to Nixon-JFK in '60, the substance vs style paradigm would be unavoidable. I've always viewed Gingrich like Nixon, very smart, but thoroughly unlikeable. Obama is an empty suit, but has Reagan's/JFK's charismatic skill-he ain't saying shit, but makes enough people think he is. Gingrich, however, has so many damn skeletons in his closet and his comments about Palestine make me think his foreign policy would even worse the Dubya's.

In a general election...Gingrich would carry the states you'd expect him to-but those states are generally less than 7 electoral votes...he won't win any major states north of Kentucky. Obama's electoral victory would be 395-143

Vatar

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on December 13, 2011, 10:59:57 PM

Flaxen I don't read your posts they are far to long.  ;)

I think in a structured debate Obama has enough skill points into Oration to hold his own against Newt.  However in a town hall meeting when the questions are off the cuff and there are no speech writers or coaches to back Obama up he will show his true colors.  Unlike McCain, Gingrich will not go quietly into that good night, he will nail Obama to the wall with his history in the White House, and the lack of any substantive plan moving forward.

In short the biggest disadvantage of Obama that Newt Gingrich can exploit is Obama now has run on the record of his past four years in the White House.

The General

Two habitual liars debating each other might be entertaining, but it doesn't do anybody any good.   Ron Paul debating Obama?  Now THAT would be good.  Unfortunately it will only happen in my dreams.