• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

Designx

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 11, 2016, 06:53:19 PM
You are correct. The message that needs to be crafted is that this, along with all of the donations to the Clinton Foundations are just a continuation of their contempt for the laws of this land.  They are obviously above the law.

There must be a good reason that Sanders has the largest Secret Service detail of any candidate in either party.

I agree - the main challenge the Republicans have is convince the American public that Clinton is not to be trusted or entrusted with the highest office in our country. Focusing on the singular email issue wont accomplish that and may smack the republicans in their face if the investigation doesn't lead to an indictment let alone a smack on Clinton's wrist.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2016, 08:01:47 PM
Actually it was sort of hard. The NYTimes article and NPR bit that inspired me to look him up in wiki etc didn't mention it. Because Sanders seemed an odd Polish Jewish name. Never heard of it. So tried to look it up but no mention except of his dad's town in Poland celebrating and him being historical with his win in NH. But since it was so easy to look up-- what was the original family name? Sanders? In Poland?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/11/us/politics/bernie-sanders-jewish.html etc.

Though lots of people "Anglicized" names when they emigrated, especially way back when to fit in and assimilate- or even had it forced upon them by immigration officials. It is not a big deal, unlike Obama's man-of-mystery with all of his names. This likely was just that. So any backlash from the lefties for his religion and time on the kibbutz, yet?

ps: the only reason Clinton hasn't been indicted, or at least arrested, is because "she is too big to fail." Once you get that connected, and lest we forget they've had lists, FBI etc access, for decades, you don't "go down" unless you really, really f*ck up and piss off people.....the way she is polling now? It might be she just pissed off enough bankers and Party political operators for her to 'go down.' But the Clintons are remarkably resilient, alas. And I doubt she would ever do any time or even get in the dock. Maybe a 'no more running' or fine, maybe even the Foundation has to go away? Even that is a long-stretch with all their connections. Frankly, I think, in a way Bill doesn't WANT her to win (but that is a side issue and conspiracy theory of mine.)

I got the info from wiki, look at early life.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on February 11, 2016, 08:11:40 PM
I got the info from wiki, look at early life.
Yeah, his dad Eli Sanders from Poland. But it doesn't say what his name was before the change.
ps: update. I found it finally buried in a link: Eliasz Gitman (aka: "Sander", "Eliasz", "Gitman", "Gutman", "Eli" according to other various records.) And then the "s" was added to the Sander upon emigration.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2016, 08:20:31 PM
Yeah, his dad Eli Sanders from Poland. But it doesn't say what his name was before the change.
ps: update. I found it finally buried in a link: Eliasz Gitman (aka: "Sander", "Eliasz", "Gitman", "Gutman", "Eli" according to other various records.) And then the "s" was added to the Sander upon emigration.

Father changed his name. How is that a reflection on Bernie Sanders?

albrecht

Quote from: onan on February 11, 2016, 08:22:46 PM
Father changed his name. How is that a reflection on Bernie Sanders?
No reflection. Ancestry and names are interesting and it just struck from all the articles and shows about him that the name sounded oddly not Polish-Jewish but was such an "historic" thing his win that the news was talking his kibbutz and first time a Jewish guy etc. And it was so hard to find references. Actually I've known some grandchildren who "go back" to their old names- try to get back the history, pride, or reverse the shame or whatever from the initial changing and Anglicization.  (Known some others who've changed for more financial reasons. Haha. Family estates, farms, get in good with older relatives, etc.) Knew one guy who took his wife's name when married, not even with a hypen, which is more common in Britain, where it was for reasons of land/title back there.) And then you have the Germans, and English in certain classes, that can combine so many family names (much like the Spanish and Portuguese- and carried over to Brazil and Mexico in some families. Get crazy long.)

I like some of what Bernie says- and much of what he doesn't. I like him in the race and wish more independent types would do so in both Parties (if we must maintain that system.) Ultimately, keeping on thread, Hillary has the connections and cash but, who knows. I already saw a story that despite Bernie's 'win' in NH she comes away with as many delegates!

onan

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2016, 08:43:05 PM
No reflection. Ancestry and names are interesting and it just struck from all the articles and shows about him that the name sounded oddly not Polish-Jewish but was such an "historic" thing his win that the news was talking his kibbutz and first time a Jewish guy etc. And it was so hard to find references. Actually I've known some grandchildren who "go back" to their old names- try to get back the history, pride, or reverse the shame or whatever from the initial changing and Anglicization.  (Known some others who've changed for more financial reasons. Haha. Family estates, farms, get in good with older relatives, etc.) Knew one guy who took his wife's name when married, not even with a hypen, which is more common in Britain, where it was for reasons of land/title back there.) And then you have the Germans, and English in certain classes, that can combine so many family names (much like the Spanish and Portuguese- and carried over to Brazil and Mexico in some families. Get crazy long.)

I like some of what Bernie says- and much of what he doesn't. I like him in the race and wish more independent types would do so in both Parties (if we must maintain that system.) Ultimately, keeping on thread, Hillary has the connections and cash but, who knows. I already saw a story that despite Bernie's 'win' in NH she comes away with as many delegates!

I don't think Bernies' chances are good. The Democratic Party, I believe, wants Hillary. Just more of the same. The machinery likes the money.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on February 11, 2016, 08:48:31 PM
I don't think Bernies' chances are good. The Democratic Party, I believe, wants Hillary. Just more of the same. The machinery likes the money.
These states (Iowa, NH, etc) (and his home state of VT) are so different from the machines, and vast voting populace, that it is bizarre that they start the show.  And then to go to "good old boy" machine state like SC etc. And then the others. If I were paranoid I would say the system was designed to help knock-out candidates to get to the Party-line in both.

I'm very conflicted because the two Party system working for, the most part, similar aims helps keeps the US relative stable historically (much like our Republican system, separation of powers, State and local rights etc) and has made us the biggest 'power' and helped win big wars (which, on the whole were awful but better than the alternatives.) But also, inherently, doesn't like quick change and, with the corporate power and 'unitary executive' ideas has meant more wars, less civil rights, more taxes, less local control, etc, in recent times. On the other hand countries with many parties or more parliamentary or coalition party systems (or worse divided on ethnic/language/religious grounds) mean much chaos, turn-over in governments, economic malaise, etc or not being able to form governments (Belgium, Italy, Greece, etc etc for periods and then, for some, others step in.)

Personally I think we should have devolution of our centralized political control, and spending/taxation, and therefore more democracy and individual rights and with the ability to move etc means people would be more happy and also have more actual 'my vote counts.' Think of how large and diverse our country is. Compared to others. To think a top-down system works isn't right.

Jackstar

Quote from: henge0stone on February 11, 2016, 07:04:26 PM
And Whitewater thats looong forgotten.

CITIZENS DEMAND JUSTICE FOR VINCE FOSTER
(printed no paper ever)

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on February 11, 2016, 09:04:02 PM
CITIZENS DEMAND JUSTICE FOR VINCE FOSTER
(printed no paper ever)
FUCK. Bernie ALMOST won me over tonight in that exchange with Billary about Kissinger and then- (!!!) Cambodia and Kissinger but then he left me flat when he wasn't allowed to reply to Billary and instead flipped to China (although a good point, he should've pressed home with Kissinger issues.) Damn. It was good. Despite his tongue flicking oddness (which I put off off to chapped lips in Vermont, use balm, man. Licking only makes it worse.)

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2016, 09:32:30 PM
Bernie ALMOST won me over tonight

Give it time. That slag isn't gonna get any less guilty.

Zoo

Quote from: Jackstar on February 12, 2016, 01:18:52 AM
Give it time. That slag isn't gonna get any less guilty.

I agree she going to find herself in some deep water soon. If you watch any of the Debates or CNN/MSNBC they are all pulling for Hillary. He always goes first and then she gets to respond. Then if she does get a question it is a underhand slow pitch. I thought it was funny that everytime she slammed him before he really had a chance to say anything they said lets move on. But my favorite thing about last night is when he said the American people are not stupid and understand that Big Banks, Oil companies, and Wall Street give money to politicans just for fun. That had me rolling ;D!!1

VtaGeezer

Quote from: onan on February 11, 2016, 08:48:31 PM
Bernie's going to find the Dem establishment in larger states has the deck stacked for Clinton and fade before April. 

henge0stone

Lets see how many Hillary scandals we can post. This is the latest one I found, Clinton defending a child rapist then laughing about it. What a lovely woman.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/hillary-clinton-speaks-about-defense-of-child-rapist/

http://theweek.com/speedreads/609389/judge-new-york-rules-favor-apple-case-involving-locked-iphone

albrecht

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factor_8:_The_Arkansas_Prison_Blood_Scandal
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/4755297.stm
" Mr Clinton's visit provoked protests from some groups.

Andy Gunn, who contracted HIV and hepatitis from infected blood products, said that while Mr Clinton was governor of Arkansas, contaminated blood from prisons was exported to other countries.

He said: "They were making a lot of money. In fact, blood was worth more in weight than gold at the time.

"They knew the blood was infected with HIV and hepatitis and the prisoners were themselves dying of these conditions.

"It was actually illegal to use the blood in America and they secretly sent it up to Canada where it was turned into Factor VIII and punted around the globe."

mikuthing01

Quote from: albrecht on March 02, 2016, 03:35:26 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factor_8:_The_Arkansas_Prison_Blood_Scandal
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/4755297.stm
" Mr Clinton's visit provoked protests from some groups.

Andy Gunn, who contracted HIV and hepatitis from infected blood products, said that while Mr Clinton was governor of Arkansas, contaminated blood from prisons was exported to other countries.

He said: "They were making a lot of money. In fact, blood was worth more in weight than gold at the time.

"They knew the blood was infected with HIV and hepatitis and the prisoners were themselves dying of these conditions.

"It was actually illegal to use the blood in America and they secretly sent it up to Canada where it was turned into Factor VIII and punted around the globe."

this cunt is evil

Staffer who set up the e-mail server was just granted immunity today in the ongoing investigation.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The King of Kings on March 02, 2016, 08:55:44 PM
Staffer who set up the e-mail server was just granted immunity today in the ongoing investigation.

and so it begins.

Quote from: MV on March 02, 2016, 09:13:39 PM
and so it begins.

Jack Bauer needs to come out of retirement and get to the bottom of this.

ItsOver

Quote from: mikuthing01 on March 02, 2016, 09:33:17 PM
Is it a crime to be this sexy?
Was this a Barnum and Bailey parade or a George Noory parade?

DanTSX

I don't really get the big deal...she was just trying to do her job as SoS better.  She is perfectly capable of deciding what is a state secret, and what isn't.

This is all just a republican sexist lynching.  Her place is in the White House.  It's her legacy, as much as it is ours.