• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131008 - John Hogue - Prophecies for 2013/2014

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 08, 2013, 07:55:02 AM

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 09, 2013, 08:08:28 AM
I have the same theory about Indiana.
I've been to Indiana so I can say you are incorrect. Parts of it are nice. And other parts look like Gary, Indiana. Think night time shots of LA in "Blade Runner"

WOTR

Quote from: midnight on October 09, 2013, 11:36:48 AM
I liked the financial guy.  I identify with him much more than I would have with someone like Warren Buffet. 

No doubt that this guy was good.  You are right- if the default occurs, Buffet will suggest that everybody dip into their spare millions (or billions) and buy the bargain priced stocks and US treasuries.  In the economic collapse that is exactly what he did... the problem is that I did not have a couple of hundred million laying around with which to purchase bargain priced railway lines, banks and insurance companies.

The guy works for a fairly mainstream financial news group and likely is not doing too badly.  When he says that he does not have tons of spare cash, that is very subjective.  If he spends his time on Wall Street and watches the guys with yachts and private jets he likely does not feel rich.

Keep in mind that it was the CEO's of banks and hedge funds (the guys with the money) who crashed the economy.  Perhaps listening to somebody else (such as this guest) would not be bad... it is not like he was telling us to buy US consolidated metal @ 35 1/4 and sell when it hits 40- it was just a general discussion about the economy.

area51drone

Quote from: midnight on October 09, 2013, 11:36:48 AM
I liked the financial guy.  I identify with him much more than I would have with someone like Warren Buffet.  If the default happens Warren Buffet will be okay no matter what.  It was good to hear from someone who would be out-on-a-very-slim-limb if the government defaults, just as I would be.  Just because he doesn't have a lot of money, doesn't mean he has no knowledge.  I think he was probably very correct in everything he said.

So Kudos to Art for bringing him on!

I didn't say he didn't have knowledge, but he definitely said he didn't know what to do with his money in the event of a default.  I bet dollars to donuts that Warren Buffet knows exactly what he'll do to shield his funds in the first place (and then buy up all the stocks and commodities at low prices).   Art has a plan for his.   I'd like to hear as many rich people talk about it so I can gauge which plan will work for me.   I am not extremely wealthy like Art or Warren (obviously), but I don't want to lose what I have either!

At the same time, I am not as concerned as Art is.  I doubt very highly that these guys will let anything that bad happen to our country, even if we don't like the lot of them.   They have money to lose too.

onan

Quote from: steelbot on October 09, 2013, 08:04:51 AM
LOL - well.....i actually live less than 2 hrs away from Peoria....and Ole Richard Pryor was from Peoria
claim Montana home but born in Pekin

midnight

Quote from: area51drone on October 09, 2013, 01:02:24 PM
I didn't say he didn't have knowledge, but he definitely said he didn't know what to do with his money in the event of a default.  I bet dollars to donuts that Warren Buffet knows exactly what he'll do to shield his funds in the first place (and then buy up all the stocks and commodities at low prices).   Art has a plan for his.   I'd like to hear as many rich people talk about it so I can gauge which plan will work for me.   I am not extremely wealthy like Art or Warren (obviously), but I don't want to lose what I have either!

At the same time, I am not as concerned as Art is.  I doubt very highly that these guys will let anything that bad happen to our country, even if we don't like the lot of them.   They have money to lose too.

Yeah, I do understand what you're saying, and I hope and believe you're right about them not letting it happen.  However, I still think that Art's guest was just hitting home the point that it would not be business as usual if it happened.  For those of us with smaller bank accounts, there would probably not be a good way to shield our money.  I'm not sure that even Warren Buffet would be able to give us any good advice, but I certainly would listen if he did! 

I think the point of Art's show was just trying to get across how very serious this situation could get for most of us if our leaders don't come together and work out a solution.  That was my take on it anyway.  But I do hope you're right about the politicians not letting it happen in the first place.

midnight

Quote from: wotr1 on October 09, 2013, 12:35:42 PM
Keep in mind that it was the CEO's of banks and hedge funds (the guys with the money) who crashed the economy.  Perhaps listening to somebody else (such as this guest) would not be bad... it is not like he was telling us to buy US consolidated metal @ 35 1/4 and sell when it hits 40- it was just a general discussion about the economy.

Yes, that was my thinking aboaut it too.

aldousburbank

Liked Hogue on DM much better than I ever did before. It seemed more generalized in terms of subject matter. Nostradamnus, bleh.

area51drone

Quote from: midnight on October 09, 2013, 03:13:43 PM
Yeah, I do understand what you're saying, and I hope and believe you're right about them not letting it happen.  However, I still think that Art's guest was just hitting home the point that it would not be business as usual if it happened.  For those of us with smaller bank accounts, there would probably not be a good way to shield our money.  I'm not sure that even Warren Buffet would be able to give us any good advice, but I certainly would listen if he did! 

I think the point of Art's show was just trying to get across how very serious this situation could get for most of us if our leaders don't come together and work out a solution.  That was my take on it anyway.  But I do hope you're right about the politicians not letting it happen in the first place.

I can't believe that buying gold or some other precious metal wouldn't be a way around the problem.  I don't remember hearing the guest mention that.   As long as you're buying something people presume to have value, whether it be a precious metal or food, you should be okay, I would think.

Falkie2013

Quote from: area51drone on October 09, 2013, 05:05:17 PM
I can't believe that buying gold or some other precious metal wouldn't be a way around the problem.  I don't remember hearing the guest mention that.   As long as you're buying something people presume to have value, whether it be a precious metal or food, you should be okay, I would think.

As I said last night, they're NOT going to default. It's all much ado about nothing and a temporary blip in funding.

Just look at this article. The GOP will do what it takes to raise the debt limit and since they control the House where all funding comes from, its going to happen.
People are panicking over this when every Congress has EVENTUALLY raised the debt limit.

House Republicans eye short-term debt ceiling fix, ahead of White House meeting
Published October 09, 2013
FoxNews.com

Conservative lawmakers are exploring the possibility of a short-term increase in the debt ceiling, perhaps trying to seize the opening after President Obama said a day earlier he would consider the option.

Members of the Republican Study Committee, the most conservative bloc in the House, told Fox News they're looking at that possibility. Their inclination is to consider a short-term increase only if there is an agreement on a broader spending framework.

But the option could help buy time for lawmakers to nail down the specifics of a longer-term deal. The U.S. government is facing what the Treasury Department says is an Oct. 17 deadline to raise the nation's debt ceiling.

Though a short-term deal would by definition be only a stopgap fix, the development Wednesday pointed to at least a sliver of possible common ground -- something to potentially work toward, after nine days of a partial government shutdown during which lawmakers seemed to mostly talk past one another.

"Clearly, Republicans want to avoid default," Rep. Kevin Brady, R-Texas, said, adding they also want to cut spending.

Obama, speaking to reporters for over an hour on Tuesday, reiterated that he does not plan to negotiate with Republicans until a spending bill is passed and the debt ceiling is raised.

But he said he's "absolutely" willing to accept a short-term measure to fund the government and raise the debt ceiling, and negotiate with Republicans after that.

Republicans appear to still want some negotiations to take place before such a bill is passed.

The issue will no doubt be part of the discussion as Democrats and Republicans meet, separately, at the White House this week.

House Democrats are showing up Wednesday afternoon.

A spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner said Republicans will attend a meeting at the White House on Thursday. Though Obama invited the full caucus, a Boehner spokesman said they would only send a small group of negotiators.

"Nine days into a government shutdown and a week away from breaching the debt ceiling, a meeting is only worthwhile if it is focused on finding a solution," Boehner's office said. "It is our hope that this will be a constructive meeting and that the president finally recognizes Americans expect their leaders to be able to sit down and resolve their differences."

Pressure on Washington to resolve their impasse built on Wednesday as Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki warned that millions of veterans could soon lose their benefit payments without a resolution.

Officials were also outraged after finding out that death benefits to the families of fallen soldiers had been suspended. The Pentagon, though, plans to resume payments with the help of a charity.

WhiteCrow

Yes Falkie2013 has it exactly correct....

The day will come in the not to distance future, when the gubermint using fiscal and monetary policies will 'Inflate' away the current national debt burden.

Don't think they have the power to do it? ....They currently keep US back investments at near zero interest rates.

Spooky Matter

Shit, will come?  Have you bought fing deodorant lately?  Higher cost and less deo!  On top of getting ripped off we may have to live among the stench of the decaying world, literally! Ahhhh me, what's a girl to do?

jazmunda

Quote from: Spooky Matter on October 09, 2013, 06:17:03 PM
Shit, will come?  Have you bought fing deodorant lately?  Higher cost and less deo!  On top of getting ripped off we may have to live among the stench of the decaying world, literally! Ahhhh me, what's a girl to do?

It's not just deodorant. Almost every product you buy these days is more expensive for less. Have you open a pack of potato crisps these days. You get like 3 crisps if you're lucky. They should rename them air crisps.

A prediction: Hogue will not be back on DARK MATTER again.
he wrote this on Facebook tonight. My apologies if this was already referenced here..

For me, I found it a bit odd that Art would be pushing me along. In all my years in radio I've never had a host demand not once but three times "on air" to shorten my replies, even though, as I protested on air, that you don't ask a profound question and then tell your guest to keep their answer to two or three words, or just one word: "yes" or "no". I have no problem with Art's adversarial approach. I welcome it. As you all know, just reading this Facebook stream and my "comments" page at Hogueprophecy.com, I enjoy the good fight. However, when I am on a radio show with the host on the level of an Art Bell, I do expect from him a higher standard of professionalism. I expect the host to have "read" my work, be versed in my world view, so they can go after my views "with authority" and not sound like he or she is taking a crack at me, like some of you do, amateurishly uninformed. So, I am a bit offended by Art attacking me from what I feel was a place of ignorance. I felt like his knowledge of my work last night did not extend very far from the few questions that guests are asked to send to a host to help generate talking points. By the way this is a custom in radio that I do support. Usually these questions are only used as an outline, a catalyst to generate a flow between me and the host that takes the show on its own arc and narrative. Some of Art's and my best classic shows were born from this process. Now then, on another matter. After so many years having on his show since 1994 I think Art ought to finally understand and accept the reality that if you ask a profound question you have to give your guest some time to set up the background. What Melody and Nancy Pippo said in this stream is also my view. Profound questions take time to answer. The fact that I was denied an hour but rushed along, its seems, to fill Art's show with three-hours worth of answers in only two, is not the kind of thing I expect coming from a major league radio host. This isn't KRAP Radio. Dark Matter ought to be held to a higher standard.

bateman

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 09, 2013, 06:24:32 PM
he wrote this on Facebook tonight. My apologies if this was already referenced here..

For me, I found it a bit odd that Art would be pushing me along. In all my years in radio I've never had a host demand not once but three times "on air" to shorten my replies, even though, as I protested on air, that you don't ask a profound question and then tell your guest to keep their answer to two or three words, or just one word: "yes" or "no". I have no problem with Art's adversarial approach. I welcome it. As you all know, just reading this Facebook stream and my "comments" page at Hogueprophecy.com, I enjoy the good fight. However, when I am on a radio show with the host on the level of an Art Bell, I do expect from him a higher standard of professionalism. I expect the host to have "read" my work, be versed in my world view, so they can go after my views "with authority" and not sound like he or she is taking a crack at me, like some of you do, amateurishly uninformed. So, I am a bit offended by Art attacking me from what I feel was a place of ignorance. I felt like his knowledge of my work last night did not extend very far from the few questions that guests are asked to send to a host to help generate talking points. By the way this is a custom in radio that I do support. Usually these questions are only used as an outline, a catalyst to generate a flow between me and the host that takes the show on its own arc and narrative. Some of Art's and my best classic shows were born from this process. Now then, on another matter. After so many years having on his show since 1994 I think Art ought to finally understand and accept the reality that if you ask a profound question you have to give your guest some time to set up the background. What Melody and Nancy Pippo said in this stream is also my view. Profound questions take time to answer. The fact that I was denied an hour but rushed along, its seems, to fill Art's show with three-hours worth of answers in only two, is not the kind of thing I expect coming from a major league radio host. This isn't KRAP Radio. Dark Matter ought to be held to a higher standard.

Would it have been so hard to say "yes" or "no" & then "let me explain why"? It sounded like he was ducking & dodging some of the questions.

HorrorRetro

Wow, that's rich coming from a guy who appeared on Beyond Belief with his "good friend" George Noory.   ::) 

There was tension from the start last night when Hogue thought Art Bell went to the Philippines in 2002.
I think, if I had to say a part that put Art over the edge: The moment when Hogue compared himself to Nostrodamus, saying he's the closest thing to the famed prophet since then.

jazmunda

I don't necessarily agree with all his points but Art did seem to be rushing him along at times.

I think that his days as a guest on Dark Matter are numbered now.

Hey John, say hi to Jeremy Meador.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on October 09, 2013, 06:37:56 PM
I don't necessarily agree with all his points but Art did seem to be rushing him along at times.

I think that his days as a guest on Dark Matter are numbered now.

Hey John, say hi to Jeremy Meador.

And Sean David Morton.  :D

Spooky Matter

Maybe he'd get more respect if he groomed his ass.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: wotr1 on October 09, 2013, 01:06:50 AM
Goodnight cruel SM... Or should that read exciting S&M?
I don't know. Should it :  ))))))))))

The General

That's utterly retarded. 
I really enjoyed the show and thought Art hosted an amazing interview.
I also thought Hogue did well.  But complaining about his perceived mistreatment on Facebook is unprofessional.

Cynnie

Hogue gets scattered easily , so of course Art has to corral his doddery ass ..so there

Cynnie

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 09, 2013, 04:06:30 AM
Turn your computer speaker up please !!!

The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm ) Calls Art Bell's Dark Matter

Art going nuts with the phone line problems :

" Going once, going twice. Oh, wait a minute, I don't have him on the air. "

ROFL !!!

The King takes time from his labours to speak to one of his roguish subjects.

My call to you and John Hogue and confusion about my name and my location
Inbox
x

George Senda <falkie2013@gmail.com>
11:16 PM (3 hours ago)

to artbell
My last name is NOT Martinez. Ygnacio Martinez was the holder of the Spanish land grant for this area.

Martinez, Ca is the county seat ( Contra Costa County ) and is 30 miles northeast of San Francisco.

If Hogue is so predictive, how come he didn't know where I live ?

LOL.

Another classic DM moment.

I think maybe a beep or something telling the listener's line is being picked up. I think you get so used to hearing the other callers calls come over your phone that you have NO idea that you've been addressed.

Sorry for the problem.

I've been listening to you for 13 years and could never get through before.

I've now talked to my liege, the King of Pahrump and now can die happy.

I hope it doesn't take 13 years to get through again.

Best wishes,

george senda NOT Martinez IN Martinez Ca.

Art Bell
12:25 AM (2 hours ago)

to me
Haha, sorry about that, sounded like a name, I did not hear California!

Art

I am so stoked !

Art read my email and replied to it !!!
AND I got on the air too !
Talk about an exacta payoff !!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.5 smiles

I am not a phone line, I am a free man !

Im so impressed!!!

I do know where martinez is btw !
I lived in california fer years

DanTSX

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 09, 2013, 12:25:59 AM
I was being facetious.
But then I'm a bit unusual. I have had map programs for the PC & Mac dating back to OS 6 and Windows 3 and have all kinds of map atlases and historical atlases.
It drives me crazy NOT to know where places are.
I know most of the names of the counties in California, some in Western Pennsylvania and most in Nevada.
I draw the line at the multiplicity of parishes in Louisiana. Too many of them.
Like there are multiple places named Pittsburg, Birmingham and San Francisco as examples.
But then, most people know little about the area they live in or the history of their region, state or country as has been shown on Leno and other venues.
I wrote Art an email explaining that I was NOT giving my name. I had thought people usually say where they're calling from.

So which Springfield do The Simpsons live in?

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on October 09, 2013, 06:19:42 PM
It's not just deodorant. Almost every product you buy these days is more expensive for less. Have you open a pack of potato crisps these days. You get like 3 crisps if you're lucky. They should rename them air crisps.

Don't give Apple another product idea.
They're about to announce a new generation of Ipads.
;)

Spinner

Quote from: The General on October 09, 2013, 06:57:20 PM
That's utterly retarded. 
I really enjoyed the show and thought Art hosted an amazing interview.
I also thought Hogue did well.  But complaining about his perceived mistreatment on Facebook is unprofessional.
Ditto.
I just read some of the comments on Hogue's page. Saw several people wondering how to listen to the Art Bell. I think it would be nice if someone with a FB account would go and post the info there. Either guide them to Art's "How to Listen" page, or the Sirius 30-day free trial ( http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial ) or here to BellGab for "other" options. ;)