• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 03, 2016, 06:03:01 PM
Art's gone full-Falkie

Sendaâ,,¢ is the standard to which all narcissists aspire. Trump is oh so close.. > < This close.

Thank you Art for stirring up the drama again. While I would be pissed if someone made a comment about my wife like that, I don't think this will go in Art's favor.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: trostol on December 03, 2016, 06:14:16 PM
sad part is no one on his FB will stop sucking on his nut to tell him to maybe step back and really think about it..he's becoming that paranoid old man telling people to get off his lawn

Do they get off his lawn?  A friend asked.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 03, 2016, 06:16:16 PM
this response is fantastic..and surprised it hasnt been deleted

"Nobody knew about this until you brought it up here, and now you're "going in hiding" Honestly Art, this along with the alleged assassin is really makes it hard for a man to take seriously. This is from over 2 months ago......"

then you have this on youtube

dudefromtherock4 hours ago
36:30 this remark about "ending up in the Philippines with a 10 year old hooker" refers to Art Bell, former radio host of a decades long paranormal radio show. The comment will cost Savage dearly.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Totally Not The Stalker on December 03, 2016, 06:22:11 PM
Thank you Art for stirring up the drama again. While I would be pissed if someone made a comment about my wife like that, I don't think this will go in Art's favor.

You heard the recording? Neither Bell or his wife were mentioned.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: norland2424 on December 03, 2016, 06:23:02 PM
then you have this on youtube

dudefromtherock4 hours ago
36:30 this remark about "ending up in the Philippines with a 10 year old hooker" refers to Art Bell, former radio host of a decades long paranormal radio show. The comment will cost Savage dearly.

Yes, but dude who lives under a rock doesn't know what he's talking about.  ;D

trostol

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 03, 2016, 06:22:20 PM

Do they get off his lawn?  A friend asked.

probably not..think they just did that Nelson laugh

akwilly

Maybe Art and his wife are leaving town so she can get an abortion and it has nothing to due with his lawsuit

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on December 03, 2016, 06:32:31 PM
Maybe Art and his wife are leaving town so she can get an abortion and it has nothing to due with his lawsuit
Careful. You might be receiving a summons soon.

Uncle Duke

As much as I hate to say it, I think Bell is starting to lose his grip on reality, much like Chuck Harder. 

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 03, 2016, 06:52:16 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think Bell is starting to lose his grip on reality, much like Chuck Harder.

Chuck harder told me he had a terrible skin condition the last time I spoke to him.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: username(TM) on December 03, 2016, 06:56:47 PM

Chuck harder has a terrible skin condition the last time I spoke to him.

Sorry to hear that, but as he started going round the bend he went hog wild filing law suits against people he thought had done him wrong.  He actually threatened to sue me when I wanted to return a pocket size SW radio he was hawking.  Sad to see anybody go off their nut like that.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: ShayP on December 03, 2016, 05:07:46 PM
I wonder if Art is headed to New Mexico to meet Richard C. Hoagland.  Hoagie isn't doing anything now.  Plus he owes Art a favor.  I'm guessing Art and family bunk with Hoagie for a while.  ;D  ;)

Do you believe that Robin really wants to sleep in the same house with a cranky old out of work delusional man?  Oh, wait.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 03, 2016, 07:01:03 PM
Sorry to hear that, but as he started going round the bend he went hog wild filing law suits against people he thought had done him wrong.  He actually threatened to sue me when I wanted to return a pocket size SW radio he was hawking.  Sad to see anybody go off their nut like that.

It's alright, I don't know him personally too well, but the sound of his voice & the fact that he said he was in excruciating pain, had me feeling bad.

I never knew that, that is a very outrageous action to take. I agree however it is sad to see things end up like this, in all situations even with Mr. Bell.

JesusJuice

Savage would most likely win this case if he fought. Lawsuits are expensive though and it isn't worth it to piss your money away just so you can "win". Your attorney isn't there to help you win but get you the best possible outcome. Mostly likely this will be settled out of court and with an NDA signed by both sides.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: username(TM) on December 03, 2016, 07:21:50 PM

It's alright, I don't know him personally too well, but the sound of his voice & the fact that he said he was in excruciating pain, had me feeling bad.

I never knew that, that is a very outrageous action to take. I agree however it is sad to see things end up like this, in all situations even with Mr. Bell.

I didn't even know who Harder was when I ordered the radio.  The small SW radio I had carried for years went tits up while I was TDY to Tyndall AFB, FL.  One of the guys I worked with from Tyndall told me there was a small SW being advertised on a show he listened to down there, and called the ad up on his computer.  Looked to be about the same size and capability of the one that died, so I ordered one.

When it showed up, it wasn't anywhere near the quality advertised, so I sent an email to the address on the receipt asking for return instructions.  I got a return email from Harder (still an unknown to me) himself demanding to know why I wanted to return it. He took exception to my calling the unit "cheap junk" and threatened to sue me for defaming him and the product that carried his personal endorsement. The email also included a lengthy rundown of his successes in filing civil lawsuits, and promised me he'd add me to the list. 

I never answered him and just kept the radio, figuring I'd just eat the $25 and not get in any deeper with a guy I decided was a psycho. Ironically, I still have the radio, and the last time I plugged in a battery, it played.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on December 03, 2016, 05:02:21 PM
I remember when Bell wouldn't work with an attorney to get out of his supposed Sirius non-compete.  Now he sues over BS minutiae.  What a putz.

George Noory Soundboard:  Good point.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 03, 2016, 07:42:08 PM
I didn't even know who Harder was when I ordered the radio.  The small SW radio I had carried for years went tits up while I was TDY to Tyndall AFB, FL.  One of the guys I worked with from Tyndall told me there was a small SW being advertised on a show he listened to down there, and called the ad up on his computer.  Looked to about the same size and capability of the one that died, so I ordered one.

When it showed up, it wasn't anywhere near the quality advertised, so I sent an email to the address on the receipt asking for return instructions.  I got a return email from Harder (still an unknown to me) himself demanding to know why I wanted to return it. He took exception to my calling the unit "cheap junk" and threatened to sue me for defaming him and the product that carried his personal endorsement. The email also included a lengthy rundown of his successes in filing civil lawsuits, and promised me he'd add me to the list. 

I never answered him and just kept the radio, figuring I'd just eat the $25 and not get in any deeper with a guy I decided was a psycho. Ironically, I still have the radio, and the last time I plugged in a battery, it played.
Ha! Funny story and I like that the radio still works, albeit of poor quality. What kind of guy sends a letter like that out over a $25 radio?

Tricky-D

Since this story broke yesterday I've had a feeling that a party in the radio industry with an axe to grind with Michael Savage is behind all of this. The clues in Art's Facebook posts help confirmed my suspicions. These are from two different comments and posts:

QuoteI want to thank the leaders in Broadcasting that have already come forward to say they will gladly Testify that they know exactly what was said and who he meant.

I would like to again thank some of the Titan's of the Broadcast Industry who have already offered help in saying they understood instantly who Savage meant in his awful so called, in the Broadcast Industry joke.

Dr. MD MD

I didn't even know who Harder was when I ordered the radio.  The small SW radio I had carried for years went tits up while I was TDY to Tyndall AFB, FL.  One of the guys I worked with from Tyndall told me there was a small SW being advertised on a show he listened to down there, and called the ad up on his computer.  Looked to be about the same size and capability of the one that died, so I ordered one.

Could you actually tune in any broadcasts on a $25 SW radio?

I was thinking of maybe getting one of these, which is not much more than that.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 03, 2016, 08:01:49 PM

I forget how much I paid, but less than $100, but I still have a Sony ICFSW-11 that is still kicking after 20 years or so. Mainly now I use it for AM and bathroom radio but everyso often, like when Art came back for a bit, used it to get WTWW and it was fine. Can still get SW stations though they are less and less of them and now mostly Christain preaching or in foreign languages. Still can find "numbers stations."

WhiteCrow

Quote from: akwilly on December 03, 2016, 06:32:31 PM

Willy you don't need to go there to be one of the cool guy haters .. Art's wife is Catholic ..Have a little decency please.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 03, 2016, 08:01:49 PM

Yes, but the turning (manual, using a knob) was sloppy.  Very difficult to fine tune and lock onto SW stations, especially weaker ones.  The radio I had that died I bought in Korea in the early 80s and it had good manual tuning qualities.  I figured a radio built nearly 20 years later would incorporate technology as good as what I had had at a reasonable price. I eventually replaced it with a pocket sized Grundig, in fact listened to VoA on that unit in Waterford, Ireland on 9/11.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 03, 2016, 06:21:13 PM
Sendaâ,,¢ is the standard to which all narcissists aspire. Trump is oh so close.. > < This close.

And how far apart is your obsessive hatred of Falkie from being a certifiable mental illness.

Just asking for a freind.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 03, 2016, 08:19:17 PM
Yes, but the turning (manual, using a knob) was sloppy.  Very difficult to fine tune and lock onto SW stations, especially weaker ones.  The radio I had that died I bought in Korea in the early 80s and it had good manual tuning qualities.  I figured a radio built nearly 20 years later would incorporate technology as good as what I had had at a reasonable price. I eventually replaced it with a pocket sized Grundig, in fact listened to VoA on that unit in Waterford, Ireland on 9/11.

Any recommendations for a cheap SW? I liked that the Degen had a hand crank and outlets for USB and cell and a flashlight but maybe the tuning is shit.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 03, 2016, 08:22:19 PM
Any recommendations for a cheap SW? I liked that the Degen had a hand crank and outlets for USB and cell and a flashlight but maybe the tuning is shit.

No sorry, haven't bought or shopped for a SW in over fifteen years, and haven't used one in over five years.

Art Bell is supposed to know something about SWs, maybe you could leave him a PM.

Quote from: Tricky-D on December 03, 2016, 07:59:56 PM
Since this story broke yesterday I've had a feeling that a party in the radio industry with an axe to grind with Michael Savage is behind all of this. The clues in Art's Facebook posts help confirmed my suspicions. These are from two different comments and posts:

Savage and Mark Levin hate each other.  Or at least pretend to.  Levine, Rush, and Hannity are common targets of Savage, and the law firm clientele someone listed included Rush Limbaugh...

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 03, 2016, 05:22:32 PM
Somebody needs to rewrite the lyrics to Dancing Queen and change the name of the song to Drama Queen.

I was thinking the same thing..

Corona Kitty

He seems kinda ruthless in that regard wow, thanks for that always nice to learn something new.

Norm

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 03, 2016, 08:56:40 PM
Savage and Mark Levin hate each other.  Or at least pretend to.  Levine, Rush, and Hannity are common targets of Savage, and the law firm clientele someone listed included Rush Limbaugh...

Dr Savage is a pure psychotic madman. I like that in a man. He needs to let his inner child out, I mean REALLY let the little fuck out and arm him with serious firepower...yeah...yeah....