• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: username on October 22, 2018, 05:04:54 PM
That is not what I'm saying, I'm sure there are plenty of those people who are good people. That doesn't mean that they're intelligent.

No, just easily herded and compliant in aggregate.

QuoteJoseph Smith, the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, was "subjected to approximately thirty criminal actions" during his life. Another source reports Smith was arrested at least 42 times. Smith was killed by a mob while in jail awaiting trial on charges of treason against Illinois.

He was a POS.

As too Brigham "Mountain Meadows Massacre" Young. Yes.

:(

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mountainmeadows/leeaccount.html

Brigham Young declared martial law on September 15.  In his proclamation (of dubious legality), Young prohibited "all armed forces...from entering this territory" and ordered the Nauvoo Legion to prepare for an expected invasion by federal forces.  The proclamation also prohibited any person from passing through the territory without a permit from "the proper officer."

Shortly after his proclamation, Young learned of the tragic events at Mountain Meadows, first from Indian chiefs and then from John Lee, who traveled to Salt Lake City to provide a detailed account of the massacre.  According to Lee, Young at first expressed dismay about the Mormon participation in the massacre.  He seemed especially concerned that news of the massacre would damage the national reputation of the Latter-day Saints  The next day, however, Young said he was at peace with what happened.  According to Lee, Young said, "I asked the Lord if it was all right for the deed to be done, to take away the vision of the deed from my mind, and the Lord did so, and I feel first rate.  It is all right.  The only fear I have is from traitors."

VC

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 22, 2018, 11:52:09 PM
I told you, always lurking.
Sipping my Tidepods and lurking.
The ONLY REASON you escaped being "found-out" and then trashed and shit-canned for the Art Bell Hijacker "rapist" YOU ARE is the HW meltdown.

Art Bell would have NEVER turned-over his show format to an IDIOT that thinks 3 One Hour interviews or 1 Two Hour interview with the 3rd last hour being another interview is what Art Bell fans want. FU.

Yeah, you single-handedly destroyed the Call-in format, and you lied about doing Open Lines too. You destroyed Art Bell's Show Format, and you lied to his audience as an "excuse-oholic".

You're a phony, fake, that can only do prerecorded or "phone-it-in" Snory interviews. You're shitting on Art Bell fans that listened to 4 hour shows with one guest. You cut-off the Art Bell audience from doing Open Lines and Voice Call-ins as participants in the show. Your proven track record of existing shows TOTALLY PROVES what you've done.

You are a traitor to Art Bell's legacy. HW keeps alive Art Bell's Legacy with Art Bell's show format. Maybe HW will become a better show host than she is now, but The Truth is you Fucked Art Bell and his Legacy. Art would have NEVER given you the MITD show. Why? See all of the above.

Jackstar

Quote from: VC on October 23, 2018, 10:53:42 AM
Art Bell would have NEVER turned-over his show format to an IDIOT

Historians disagree.

Jackstar

Quote from: VC on October 23, 2018, 10:53:42 AM
HW keeps alive Art Bell's Legacy with Art Bell's show format.

Let me know when she does a show on the sinking of the Olympic. I can hardly wait!

VC

Quote from: Jackstar on October 23, 2018, 10:58:11 AM
Historians disagree.
That's not what I meant. Read the complete sentence... I wrote:

Art Bell would have NEVER turned-over his show format to an IDIOT that thinks 3 One Hour interviews or 1 Two Hour interview with the 3rd last hour being another interview is what Art Bell fans want. FU.

I concede HW could not do MITD on her own, though I think HW would make an excellent Co-Host. Maybe Art was thinking Long-term with HW? Like many years before she could improve enough to be successful. HW has had way too many personal issues to succeed anytime soon, and I'll be surprised if she somehow overcomes all these shortcomings.

Jackstar

Quote from: VC on October 23, 2018, 11:12:01 AM
Read the complete sentence...

I read the complete post, and I responded to the part that I felt required... enhancement.

Something important to consider: myself and several other people, really enjoyed the calls from people who were calling from an actual phone. A call that sounded like... a caller. And Bell hated those calls. He stated that he preferred Skype in every respect.

I think you're forgetting that, back in the day, it was simply not possible to turn away from the radio and get on the Internet and easily find occult information--Bell was all there was. This is no longer the case, by any measure.

And while we're on the subject of The Art Bell Legacy, I'd like to point out after suddenly dumping Dark Matter and cancelling his scheduled guest, he promised his guest and audience, live, that his next guest upon his return from hiatus would be Paul Moller. When the time came, that was not his guest--instead he had on some blowhard fuckwit "ex"-spook who stated over and over, with his bald face hanging out, that Oswald acted alone.

I think that you present legitimate reasons to rag on MITD. However... substantiation unclear. It seems mostly like you liked the way that Bell and Rowland lied to you, but you don't like the way that Schrader and Rowland lie to you.

I can respect that, truly.

Quote from: VC on October 23, 2018, 11:12:01 AM
Read the complete sentence...

Incidentally, as an aside, telling me to do something that I already did is pretty low-rent. Are you sure you weren't banned for... other reasons?

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on October 23, 2018, 11:33:31 AM
the way that Schrader and Rowland lie

Note: Maybe they both tell the truth all the time as far as they know, and they're both just really, really stupid. I am open to that possibility. Just sayin'.

Lilith

The way I see it right now, Coast, as a long standing show, that Art sold back in the day, will long be part of the  entertainment industries mention, alongside any mention of the name Art Bell.  MITD with Dave Shrader, and TKON with Heather Wade, might be mentioned as shows that tried and failed to capture the "Art Bell Legacy" by clinging to his coattails after he passed from this Earth.

Neither show even gets an average rating, in the gigantic world of "Paranormal" or even "late night talk" shows currently available IMO.

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on October 23, 2018, 11:41:29 AM
shows that tried and failed to capture the "Art Bell Legacy"

The Joe Rogan Experience comes very close. Close.

fact: skype calls harm the product.

VC

Quote from: Jackstar on December 31, 1969, 06:00:15 PMIncidentally, as an aside, telling me to do something that I already did is pretty low-rent. Are you sure you weren't banned for... other reasons?
I'm not questioning that, but it's the way you clipped it without doing "..." or [...].

Just don't want other readers to think I'm saying something I'm not.

Heather is getting better by the day

: ^ |

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jackstar on October 23, 2018, 11:36:26 AM
Note: Maybe they both tell the truth all the time as far as they know, and they're both just really, really stupid. I am open to that possibility. Just sayin'.

Both are followers of the children of the lie. That means they're incapable, of telling the truth.

Metron2267

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 22, 2018, 11:52:09 PM
I told you, always lurking.
Sipping my Tidepods and lurking.

DS

But you have all of ellgab for MITD - safe, comfy, and tightly moderated, so to what end the lurking?

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 23, 2018, 11:49:18 AM
The Joe Rogan Experience comes very close. Close.
Huh???

1.) He's a comedian and it is a comedic podcast.
2.) Rogan's voice is at least an octave higher than Art's was.
3.) No focus on the paranormal, comedic or otherwise.
4.) Art would never have talked about his anal enema purge on air, assuming he ever did one.

Fail.

What were you thinking Jack - just high ratings?

You can get that from Adam Carolla and learn something about cars and racing.

https://adamcarolla.com

aldousburbank

Quote from: username on October 22, 2018, 05:04:54 PM
Joseph Smith, the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, was "subjected to approximately thirty criminal actions" during his life. Another source reports Smith was arrested at least 42 times. Smith was killed by a mob while in jail awaiting trial on charges of treason against Illinois.

He was a POS.

https://youtu.be/DelYvJHTvH0

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 23, 2018, 03:18:26 PM
Huh???

1.)...it is a comedic podcast.

Not really. It’s usually more serious discussion, even when he has comedians on. Although they’ll occasionally get silly.. I haven’t watched him in awhile because of his seeming denial of what’s going on. Anyone who was awake and watching noticed a definite change in Joe after the AJ interview.

Metron2267

But still not anything at all like Art Bell, which was my point. Same goes for Carolla.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 23, 2018, 02:56:55 PM
But you have all of ellgab for MITD - safe, comfy, and tightly moderated, so to what end the lurking?

a clear indication of the state of "his show".

Corona Kitty

Huh???

4.) Art would never have talked about his anal enema purge on air, assuming he ever did one.

Fail.

I like Joe, but his comedy stinks. If it wasn't for fear factor & the UFC, you would never know, about him being a comedian. He lifted a lot of material, from Sam Kinnison & Bill Hicks. With that said, I still like Joe.

Huh???

Fail.

Agreed. Joe Rogan is a brainlet who married into Hollyweird, his kids are as kosher as the commie 'intellectual dark web,' and his go to source of fact checking is a Reddit npc whose appeal to authority is a physics 101 class and Google. The shilling is painfully artless. At least when Art shilled climate change, he was smart about it; clothed it in delicious narrative. Joe just goes, EDDIE, ALL SCIENTISTS AGREE. His 'debunking' of chemtrails is also npc tier. THOSE ARE CONDENSATION TRAILS DUMMY. I like my daily prayer call to the deep state to be a little more nuanced than remotely possible on JRE.

Metron2267

The guy I miss listening too, and I think it might have been weekends on DMDN, is Bryan Alvarez.

He's got a quirky but appealing cadence and his reading of ghost tales from various states was pretty decent radio. His main gig is wrestling and frankly I've been missing the program "After Dark" for a good while now. Perhaps he canned it to focus on his wrestling observer.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 23, 2018, 05:02:42 PM
The guy I miss listening too, and I think it might have been weekends on DMDN, is Bryan Alvarez.

He's got a quirky but appealing cadence and his reading of ghost tales from various states was pretty decent radio. His main gig is wrestling and frankly I've been missing the program "After Dark" for a good while now. Perhaps he canned it to focus on his wrestling observer.

I think I randomly saw that name definitely, attached to some sort of wrestling thing ... Something on YouTube.

Metron2267

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 23, 2018, 04:53:39 PM
Agreed. Joe Rogan is a brainlet who married into Hollyweird, his kids are as kosher as the commie 'intellectual dark web,' and his go to source of fact checking is a Reddit npc whose appeal to authority is a physics 101 class and Google. The shilling is painfully artless. At least when Art shilled climate change, he was smart about it; clothed it in delicious narrative. Joe just goes, EDDIE, ALL SCIENTISTS AGREE. His 'debunking' of chemtrails is also npc tier. THOSE ARE CONDENSATION TRAILS DUMMY. I like my daily prayer call to the deep state to be a little more nuanced than remotely possible on JRE.

ROTFLOL, "prayer call to the deep state"...classic!

;D

...wither Marduk...

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 23, 2018, 05:22:27 PM
https://www.f4wonline.com

https://tunein.com/radio/After-Dark-Radio-Show-s235176/

https://www.facebook.com/afterdarkradioshow

F4wonline.... there we go.

Never knew about that other endeavor, but wrestling is something that will forever be popular. Reminds me of that one gentlemen, he quit his gig, to do some sort of comic book podcast.... Jakari Jackson. More power to them, i can respect that.